00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,516,593 Views | 29,934 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-28 02:29:41

At 8/27/09 11:25 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: The suspension takes effect when it does so that Rey can drop the belt (and since Ziggler is in line for a shot I'd look for him to take it and a hastily rushed match for him at Breaking Point to take place).

They will probably keep the title off breaking point, theres plenty of other matches that should get ppv time at the moment.

Drew McIntyre looks, sounds, acts alot like paul burchill.. not a bad thing.. but i bet they get teamed up at some point.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-28 17:41:32

Wtf? Rey? Oh come on, you can't be that stupid........

See ya' later, Jeff.

Dusty Rhodes is going to host next Monday's RAW. Interesting to see whose side he takes......

It looks like Dixie Carter's trying to reinvent TNA's image. You'd think trying to revive the Monday Night Wars would be a bad thing, but RAW's going down the shitter - what better time?

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-28 21:12:44

At 8/28/09 05:41 PM, Assi9 wrote: Wtf? Rey? Oh come on, you can't be that stupid........
See ya' later, Jeff.

No...no no no no no....*sniff* I'm watching SmackDown! right now, and...and...oooohhhh....I know it's fake, but come on!! Jeff is half the reason I watch WWE(the other is the faces they make, lol)!! I hope for McMahon's sake that Jeff will do what The Miz did...but he's too awesome to do...wait. Too awesome...? -_- Anyway, did any of you notice that Jeri-Show's music changed? And MVP's did too. *sigh* WWE is really going down the drain....if Randy Orton leaves, I'm jumping off the Empire State Building.

Hi, I'm a teenager who draws. Call me Wocky.

My deviantArt | My Tumblr | My Pixiv

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-28 21:45:40

My grampa hates Jeff Hardy, but he still thinks that the match is gonna end in a tie. ...I...I think I'm going to be sick. I hate McMahon SO much...even if Snot-Nosed Punk is gonna get beaten up by The Undertaker. *sigh* I wish grampa were right...*sniff* I'M GONNA MISS JEFF SO MUCH!!!! *sob sob*

I hope they do another contract match...with the "Calgary Kid"(Jeff)...

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-28 22:10:03

Okay, sorry for three posts in a row, but...yeah, you know. The worst main event in WWE history. Someone comfort me. *sniff*

I treat wrestling as real because I actually care about my favorite characters.

Oh god! Jeff was my role model! He was my inspiration in the art world! And now he's gone! *sob* I'll probably need to go to a child psychiatrist I'm so freakin' sad! It's like my role model died!

Please, comfort me. *sob sob*
Oh god, I just noticed! I'll have to change my sig now! GAAHHH! It just gets worse and worse!!

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-29 01:21:44

Jeff had a great sendoff..........until Punk decided he STILL wasn't quite heel enough. All the more sweeter when he realizes being Straightedge doesn't save you from getting sent to hell - that, and being in a Submission Match with a guy whose signature hold causes internal bleeding....... :P

At 8/28/09 09:12 PM, MaraquanWocky wrote: Anyway, did any of you notice that Jeri-Show's music changed? And MVP's did too.

I know JeriShow's did, but not MVP's.

Btw, noticing the wwe.com screenshot during SD, it seems that the name 'JeriShow' has caught on. :P

At 8/28/09 10:10 PM, MaraquanWocky wrote: *fangirl crying over Jeff*

Eeeeeeeeasy now.........there, there....

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-29 05:54:02

apparently Mysterio vs Ziggler is still being advertised for Breaking Point
even if it is, it's fairly obvious that Ziggler is going to take out the gold

is this going to affect rey's position? personally, i don't think so
he isn't really in the World Heavyweight Title picture at all, and he's too popular to be a jobber.. also Jeff Hardy never really got demoted after his suspensions.. and he had 2 of them!

anyways on another note, I have to say that I've really warmed up to Mike Knox.. I love the new gimmick he has, he is a big burly rough looking guy, yet he's soft spoken and intelligent.. and slightly psychotic.. I'm glad he isn't labeled as another one of those "big dumb giant" characters who have to humiliate themselves by dancing or jumping around like alot of the big guys have (big show, snitsky, matt m-m-m-mmmmmm-m-morgan, and most recently, great khali)

speaking of which i remember reading somewhere that Brock Lesnar was originally set to have that stuttering gimmick matt morgan had.. geez.. if lesnar did have that gimmick i could see him getting released about 6 months after his debut...

My deviantART page | My Youtube page (It got terminated)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-29 11:06:20

The send-off for Jeff was done well I think. It makes Punk the hated person for sending Jeff away and his last shot at the end of the show was like icing on a cake. They had a good match too. It will be interesting to see if they have Matt persue Punk while he fueds with Undertaker.

I enjoyed the tag bouts as well. Morrison and Matt seem to work well as a team and Jerishow continue to do some great work.

Khali may suck in the ring but he sure can swing a cane. Those shots looked sick!

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-29 14:19:44

At 8/29/09 01:21 AM, Assi9 wrote: I know JeriShow's did, but not MVP's.

Well, they started the "I'm coming!" part first. They didn't do that before. At least I don't think they did...

Btw, noticing the wwe.com screenshot during SD, it seems that the name 'JeriShow' has caught on. :P

It's a stupid name, but it works.

*fangirl crying over Jeff*
Eeeeeeeeasy now.........there, there....

*sniff* Thanks...I stopped mourning, but I probably won't be completely happy until Jeff comes back.

I'm keeping my sig in memory of one of the best wrestlers ever.

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-29 17:16:08

At 8/29/09 02:19 PM, MaraquanWocky wrote:
At 8/29/09 01:21 AM, Assi9 wrote: I know JeriShow's did, but not MVP's.
Well, they started the "I'm coming!" part first. They didn't do that before. At least I don't think they did...

Yes they did.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-29 20:18:22

At 8/29/09 05:16 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Yes they did.

Wait, I'm thinking of my fucking game...!! Dammit, I must look like an idiot. >_< Well, whatever. I don't like MVP much anyway. He has a weird ring name.
Also: *cries over Jeff some more*

Why? Why?! WHYYYY?!

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-29 21:38:43

I'm watching the 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania right now...and...ugh...I don't think I like Randy Orton as much as I did before...

RANDY FUCKING ORTON KISSED TRIPLE H's WIFE!!!!

Now that that's off my chest...I can't wait to see the Michaels vs. Phenom match. Oh, it's on right now! See ya!

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-30 08:42:08

I don't know how legit this is, but:
From wrestlezone.com
Rey Mysterio recently spoke with The Record Newspaper in Mexico and commented on his WWE suspension. During the interview Mysterio said that he failed the test because of a drug he's taking for his knee and arm, and furthered his comments by saying that he had a prescription for the medication. However, because he had to fly to The UK for SummerSlam promotion, and because he was on vacation for a small period of time, he was unable to show WWE the valid prescription by the deadline they gave him and was suspended as a result.

Again, not sure just how true this is. We'll have to see if there are any more reports on the issue.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-30 11:07:27

At 8/30/09 08:42 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: interview with Rey blah blah...
Again, not sure just how true this is. We'll have to see if there are any more reports on the issue.

Huh? Rey is suspended from WWE? How come everyone but me knows these things?! *sigh* All my favorite wrestlers are disappearing.

With my luck, Randy's going next.

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-30 11:37:42

At 8/30/09 11:07 AM, MaraquanWocky wrote: How come everyone but me knows these things?!

Smarks.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-30 12:14:28

At 8/30/09 11:37 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Smarks.

Oh, ok.
Now that that's over with, is anyone other than me sad about Jeff leaving? I mean, at least a little sad?!
I'll check back in a few hours.

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-30 12:30:06

At 8/30/09 12:14 PM, MaraquanWocky wrote:
Now that that's over with, is anyone other than me sad about Jeff leaving? I mean, at least a little sad?!

Not really. I used to be a fanboy, but after his second strike I gave up on him. Now that he is gone, there is a huge spot open for a top face. One that isn't as much as a gamble that Jeff is. I'm thinking Matt or Morrison.

I do hope he can stay out of trouble though, I would hate if he OD'd.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-30 12:46:37

At 8/30/09 12:30 PM, boloneyman wrote: I do hope he can stay out of trouble though, I would hate if he OD'd.

*sigh* It was one incident at one airport, and everyone gets to use it as a whip. -_-
Link to that one incident.
It was ALCOHOL, not DRUGS.
>_>
<_<

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-30 14:44:29

At 8/30/09 12:46 PM, MaraquanWocky wrote:
*sigh* It was one incident at one airport, and everyone gets to use it as a whip. -_-
Link to that one incident.
It was ALCOHOL, not DRUGS.

No, he has a history of drug abuse and he has failed the drug test twice. The incident at the airport got him a slap on the wrist I think. His two suspensions were a result of failing the tests.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-30 14:56:58

At 8/30/09 02:44 PM, boloneyman wrote: No, he has a history of drug abuse and he has failed the drug test twice. The incident at the airport got him a slap on the wrist I think. His two suspensions were a result of failing the tests.

I hate you.
Also, why wasn't it on his Wikipedia page?
Oh right, I forgot. Wikipedia is run by idiots(no offense to Wikipedos). So they forget all the important things for a wrestlers page.

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-30 15:17:27

At 8/30/09 02:56 PM, MaraquanWocky wrote:
I hate you.
Also, why wasn't it on his Wikipedia page?
Oh right, I forgot. Wikipedia is run by idiots(no offense to Wikipedos). So they forget all the important things for a wrestlers page.

It is....

"During the March 3 episode of Raw, Hardy appeared on Chris Jericho's "Highlight Reel" segment as a special guest, but ended up attacking Jericho. This led to an Intercontinental title match on the following Raw where Hardy dropped the title to Jericho. Off-screen, Hardy dropped the title after he was suspended for sixty days, as of March 11, for his second violation of the company's Substance Abuse and Drug Testing Policy."

I'm sure that someone else could provide a story from a more reliable site.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-30 17:20:55

At 8/30/09 03:17 PM, boloneyman wrote: It is....
news

I read his entire Wiki page, it never had that on there. And, I don't check out the links. I'm scared of finding something that will scar me for life.

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-30 17:40:16

If I'm not mistaken, Jeff's first suspension under the wellness policy was before they publicly announced those who breached it, so you could be forgiven for not knowing, especially if you don't follow the behind the scenes news.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-30 17:56:00

At 8/30/09 05:40 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: If I'm not mistaken, Jeff's first suspension under the wellness policy was before they publicly announced those who breached it, so you could be forgiven for not knowing, especially if you don't follow the behind the scenes news.

Okay. Second suspension? *braces self*

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-30 17:59:48

At 8/30/09 05:56 PM, MaraquanWocky wrote: Okay. Second suspension? *braces self*

His second suspension was last year, shortly before Wrestlemania 24. Its why he didn't compete in the Money in the Bank match, despite the fact that he was scheduled to be in the match.

As for Jeff leaving.. I'm not sad, more disappointed than anything. Jeff had been on a roll these past couple of months, putting on good matches against pretty much everyone, and he was arguably the most popular wrestler in the company.

With that said, I'm pretty sure he'll be back in WWE eventually.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-30 18:40:02

At 8/30/09 05:59 PM, pepeatumi wrote: As for Jeff leaving.. I'm not sad, more disappointed than anything.

>=( You're disappointed?! People should be sad about awesome people leaving things!

With that said, I'm pretty sure he'll be back in WWE eventually.

Of course he will, it's just staged. But still; I hope he pulls a Miz.

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-31 00:27:56

Not good:

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE is very upset with Rey Mysterio for commenting on his suspension in a recent interview he did with Record.com. In the interview, Rey said that he felt WWE handled his suspension poorly, and that he was unjustly suspended for taking medication that he had a prescription for.

It's being said that company policy is generally to keep quiet while you are suspended, and Rey speaking out about his situation coupled with the harsh comments he made about WWE has several officials very upset with Mysterio at this time.

As reported before, Rey is scheduled to work the Smackdown tapings this Tuesday and then begin his suspension on Wednesday.

I hope they don't go any further than being upset.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-31 00:59:58

At 8/30/09 08:42 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Again, not sure just how true this is. We'll have to see if there are any more reports on the issue.

PWInsider posted it as well. So that was definitely a legit news story and that is definitely the defense Rey is going with. As far as 'is that how it happened?' I couldn't tell you.

I am a bit sad to see Jeff go from the aspect of Jeff is a good performer and all. I agree that for me personally after strike 2 I lost a lot of respect for Jeff, and some of his other behaviors like being drunk in that airport also were a strike. But he busted it for the most part in the ring and he did the right thing in the end by making Punk on his way out so he certainly deserves credit for that.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-31 07:32:52

It is a shame about Jeff Hardy leaving.. He's been one of my favs since i saw him and matt vs edge and christian in that ladder match for $10,000
I hope he does come back one day and not jump to TNA like some others have done..

Also reports are saying that Trish Stratus is set to host RAW in 2 weeks, I cannot wait for that, I was hoping she'd be a host

now let's hope RVD can host sometime down the line.

My deviantART page | My Youtube page (It got terminated)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-08-31 10:32:07

I just read that Bob Barker of all people is going to host Raw next week. Really? Barker? Is that the kind of host Raw needs? Granted he was on TV for a very long time but the dude is 85 now. WWE couldn't get anyone, oh I don't know...Current?

So Dusty is the guest host tonight. I guess he'll be favoring his son, though it will be interesting to see how he does it. Will he try to stay a face of will he support Cody?

If they are pushing towards a Miz/Kofi encounter, why not have an altercation soon? I agree with their idea to let Miz win some matches to reestablish himself as a contender but if they want it to be seriosu he needs to attack Kofi or something.

BBS Signature