00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

dwdrum just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What's a good book to read?

4,196 Views | 68 Replies

What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 14:42:32

I just read some books but they really haven't interested me.

Yes, I read BandOfBrothers, but really. That was the only one that has so much detail into the war and kept me tight into my seat.

I tried to read some Harry Potter books but I find them boring, well the first was great but I didn't bother to read the others because I didn't seem interested.

Just to tell you, I like books that have a lot of detail, some good action sequences, whole ton of suspense or drama and a cruel or shocking ending.
(You don't have to really listen to this, just what I like in the books).

So Bbs Users, help me out...I'm really bored and I just want something to read for a few hours or so. Just a book to just my mind off the boob tube (T.V) and Video Games (I have a ton of systems that I'm not proud of...)

Everything I see is just a image of my thoughts "Always looking for a better day..."

What's your fastest reaction time?

-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 14:43:25

Fight Club.

It is by far the best book I have ever read. It is so much better than the movie.

I'm in ur plane, killin ur snakes.

BBS Signature

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 14:43:39

Have you read any of the HALO books?

Sense is made.

BBS Signature

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 14:46:17

The Looking Glass Wars.

It's the only novel I've read in one day because I couldn't put it down. It's fairly long, but It never gets boring.

Schindler's List was a good book as well...

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 14:47:29

Have you ever read the Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit books they are pretty good.

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 14:47:59

I recently read All Quiet On The Western Front. I loved it, it's dramatic, sad, actiony, erotic, and exciting all at the same time. The font is kind of small, but it's forgiveable. Also, Misery is a pretty good read. I was supposed to read 25 pages a day for reading but I ended up reading it all in about 4 days. Those should keep you occupied for a while.

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 14:48:29

Brave new world- aldous huxley

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 14:50:35

I just finished reading The Perfume: Story of a Murderer for school. A really good book. The descriptions in the book are great.

Apologies aren't what I look for. Redemption is what I want!

Look at my profile to see a true cockhead! DO IT NOW!

BBS Signature

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 14:51:23

Irvine Welsh's Trainspotting is an excellent book, best i've read. If you can stick in despite the way its written you'll enjoy it.

If not that, then go for the classics. Geroge Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four is compulsory.

Jurassic Park is a decent read too, don't worry if you've already seen the film, there's hardly any similarity.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 14:51:29

Read The Cat in the Hat

This important message brought to you in-part by: Lulz, Homo, and Suck it.. Thank you.

BBS Signature

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 14:51:37

The punisher was a very good book to read even if the movie sucked, eragon 1 and 2 are fuckin awsome books to read.

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 14:52:05

Eragon is suggested by many. I have yet to read it.

BBS Signature

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 14:53:50

The Harry Potter series!

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 14:54:09

I REALLY REALLY DON'T LIKE READING, but a few books that really made me wanna not stop reading was Sword of Shannara and all of the Edge Chronicles books. Seriously, they are awesome.

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 14:55:52

Blah sorry for double post I meant to write more..

The Harry Potter series!

Give them another go, the books get better as they go on.

I suggest Stephen King books too, always good, try IT or The Dead Zone, or any of his!

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 15:00:44

The Blair Witch Project series are really good. You could give them a try.

Release your inner crazy.

BBS Signature

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 15:03:21

1948 is fucking amazing, I loved it and I don't even like books.

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 15:03:31

It that's a good book

What's a good book to read?

"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit. "

BBS Signature

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 15:23:01

Ismael by daniel quinn. Dont doubt me.

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 15:25:38

At 12/22/06 02:44 PM, Gooch wrote: Give Mutiny on the Bounty a chance. It's a pretty good book. It might take you a while to read, but I say it's well worth it. If I had a copy of the book, I'd read it again.

You little bitch!

Well,some books that are short to read, but fun as hell, is the Cirque Du Freak series. Also the Demonta series by Darren Shan (worte both this one, and the other one) is a good read. Again, they are short.

And what I do, is just look up books by authors that i like, then see what authors write similar books, and then read theirs. I have been doing that for about 3 years now, and have never gotten bored of reading.

Now rate my nerdiness.

Lolwaitwut

BBS Signature

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 15:27:05

I FUCKING SAID ISHMAEL BY DANIEL QUINN. DONT POST ANYMORE MOTHER FUCKING BOOKS!

It is the only book you need to read young grass hopper.

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 15:36:45

The Devil And Miss Prym. I found that very intresting. Or Fallen Angels by Walter Dean Myers.

Shrug Island - A hand drawn musical adventure game <3

BBS Signature

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 15:42:42

Abarat by Clive Barker, pretty sweet.

sup

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 15:43:45

A good book that you can read in a couple of hours is goodnight mister Tom, its short and has very little action, but it is interesting, and a very good, compelling read, that will have you on the edge of your seat.Its by Michelle Magorian

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 15:44:52

The Diablo books are pretty good to read. They are very interesting if you like fantasy.

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 15:47:40

At 12/22/06 02:42 PM, Lost-Wisdom wrote: I just read some books but they really haven't interested me.

Yes, I read BandOfBrothers, but really. That was the only one that has so much detail into the war and kept me tight into my seat.

I tried to read some Harry Potter books but I find them boring, well the first was great but I didn't bother to read the others because I didn't seem interested.

Just to tell you, I like books that have a lot of detail, some good action sequences, whole ton of suspense or drama and a cruel or shocking ending.
(You don't have to really listen to this, just what I like in the books).

So Bbs Users, help me out...I'm really bored and I just want something to read for a few hours or so. Just a book to just my mind off the boob tube (T.V) and Video Games (I have a ton of systems that I'm not proud of...)

Aight mate, I hate reading, but there are two books that managed to keep me hooked!!

The first book is a Warhammer 40k book called Deathwing, its a collection of little stories, but they're all really REALLY good.

and the other book they're making a movie out of,

its called I Am Legend, look into it mate, I personally prefer I Am Legend, I highly recommend it.

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 15:51:21

Cat's Cradle, Slaughter House 5, Chasing Ghosts, Jarhead. That's just to name a few.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 15:51:41

Wow, that's a whole ton of selection of books you have shared with me. I have read a few of those books and I must say they are very good. I should check them up in the library later when I have a chance. If anyone else has other good books to read. Post here or PM me.

Thanks.

Everything I see is just a image of my thoughts "Always looking for a better day..."

What's your fastest reaction time?

-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 16:31:48

Le Discours de la Méthode

by René Descarte (1596-1650)

Ce message ne s'auto-détruira pas ...

Response to What's a good book to read? 2006-12-22 16:34:16

The Giver, Eragon, Chronicles of Narnia: the lion, witch and the wardrobe.

THE BEST BOOKS I EVER READ!

Like ma Mudkip? it will bite ur face off

I am the only pie king of the world lol