00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HPinky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

All my reviews are being deleted

3,793 Views | 53 Replies

All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:41:21

I'm not abusive, Igive more good reviews than bad, and I give good reasons when I give bad reviews. It seems every time I check my messages there's another one about a review of mine being deleted. If the deletion of reviews is directly based on that little box that asks if people found it helpful then that's probably not a good idea. It's a known Newgrounds fact that an honest bad review amongst an abundance of good reviews is always going to be tagged as abusive just because the fan boys and girls don't like to see their favourites being bashed. So this means if I want to review a LegendaryFrog movie that's horribly drawn, horribly tweened, horribly written and with voices that crack and sound like they were recorded on a phone, I have to make it a good review because otherwise it's going to be marked as abusive and eventually deleted.

I can totally understand deleting reviews that are just "UR A FAG" or "SUX" but I'd like to think even some of the more vicious reviews I've written were a wee bit more constructive than that.

Anyway, is anyone else having issues with disappearing reviews or is it just me?

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:42:40

Me.......
I got a post deleted once but i"ve seen worse ones stay alive....

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:43:32

At 11/24/06 09:41 PM, Doki wrote: Anyway, is anyone else having issues with disappearing reviews or is it just me?

Yeah, for a long time now.
There's aload of new review mods and since then things have gotten stupidly out of hand.

BBS Signature

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:44:09

Keep at it guys.

I dropped down to normal today for some reason. Need some bad reviews.

/ Accomplishments: first 1000 comment news post.

/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:44:20

The whistle crazy nuts are flagging every review they see regardless of whether it's abusive or not. And the mods are foolish enough to delete them.

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:46:45

PM me with the text of what was deleted. It may have been an overzealous review mod, and you'd be able to repost the review.

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:46:50

At 11/24/06 09:43 PM, RuB-BeR wrote: That happens all the time, what with those whistle whores and that annoying M-Bot.

It's not M-Bot who deletes them. He just informs you of deletions. The review mods do the deleting.

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:47:10

At 11/24/06 09:44 PM, Dudeo wrote: And the mods are foolish enough to delete them.

Say that to ramagi without staring at her boobs.

>:(

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:47:11

Post a screen shot of one of them so we'll check it out.

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:48:35

At 11/24/06 09:44 PM, Dudeo wrote: The whistle crazy nuts are flagging every review they see regardless of whether it's abusive or not. And the mods are foolish enough to delete them.

Not always. I find that i clear the flags on about 20% of what comes through the abusive reviews list. That means people are getting negative whistle points. So if you notice your level going down, take more care in what you flag.

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:49:36

I've gotten like 15 so far, but they were all deserved. I'm glad though. I'd rather have 15 less reviews so long as the rest are better quality.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:50:40

At 11/24/06 09:48 PM, Maus wrote: Not always. I find that i clear the flags on about 20% of what comes through the abusive reviews list. That means people are getting negative whistle points. So if you notice your level going down, take more care in what you flag.

So you're the one who stripped me of my bronze....

/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:51:14

These people are obviously retarded.

BBS Signature

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:52:17

Doki, it's basicly impossible to write a constructive review, with a low score,
without getting a review deleted, people will deny this - But it's true.

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:55:02

At 11/24/06 09:48 PM, Maus wrote:
Not always. I find that i clear the flags on about 20% of what comes through the abusive reviews list. That means people are getting negative whistle points. So if you notice your level going down, take more care in what you flag.

Like Maus, I am often clearing flags on reviews that are clearly not abusive. Why don't you provide an example of the reviews that were deleted? If you don't want to post them, you can PM me.

Remember reviews may also be deleted if they were supportive of the submission but had a 0 as the overall score. This happens often, and this information isn't provided in the PM saying your review was deleted.

BBS Signature

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:55:16

I've had 4 deleted so far, one was fairly old and was abusive. Two were flagged by haters and unfairly deleted (or so I think). And one about a submission I was fairly sure was stolen, but in the end wasn't I guess.

But I don't review that much anyway :S

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:56:23

If you dont lick their ass, then it's abusive. If you are being honest about a flash, then it's abusive. If you dont like a flashmovie, then it's abusive.

That's how it's like here at newgrounds.

when life gives you lemons

BBS Signature

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 21:58:11

At 11/24/06 09:48 PM, Maus wrote:
Not always.

So there are bound to be review mods deleting foolishly sometimes.

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 22:06:12

At 11/24/06 09:47 PM, Chindamo wrote:
At 11/24/06 09:44 PM, Dudeo wrote: And the mods are foolish enough to delete them.
Say that to ramagi without staring at her boobs.

shut the hell up. pbot has to blame flashes, survive flashes... man

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 22:08:45

At 11/24/06 09:56 PM, Daagah wrote: If you dont lick their ass, then it's abusive. If you are being honest about a flash, then it's abusive. If you dont like a flashmovie, then it's abusive.

not if you can say it in a calm non-bicthing manner.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 22:10:47

Meh, the only time i ever got a review removed was when i left a flaming review of something that was submitted in "celebration" or clock day, it was just a load of B's on the screen

Biggest mistake in life #3 : Mispronouncing "Niger" while giving a speech in Africa.

BBS Signature

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-24 22:12:33

At 11/24/06 10:08 PM, homor wrote:
At 11/24/06 09:56 PM, Daagah wrote: If you dont lick their ass, then it's abusive. If you are being honest about a flash, then it's abusive. If you dont like a flashmovie, then it's abusive.

not if you can say it in a calm non-bicthing manner.

It's the truth and you know it. I've seen many constructive reviews being deleted simply because they gave the movie a bad score.

when life gives you lemons

BBS Signature

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-25 09:17:38

a lot of my old posts are being delete now wtf

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-25 09:17:59

Power Abusers. nuff said :P

http://www.interstellarmarines.com/

the best AAA Indie game in the making, help the game by spreading the word! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-25 10:20:50

At 11/25/06 09:16 AM, SeanJoystick wrote: yep same here, I write constructive reviews on the ones I rate low. The latest one was a fundie flash where I clearly made it clear that he was giving off the wrong message and then a bunch of fundies hanging around click abusive and it was deleted.
I have recently reposted it and it is sure to go again.

Well, it's getting deleted this time because you devoted part of your review space to bitching about the whistle system, and then insulting the fash author for their beliefs.

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-25 10:29:06

The answer to that is that M-Bot is a dick. But hey you're David Firth! So yeah my first review was deleted and a few others. I get review banned a lot for no reason.

BBS Signature

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-25 10:35:02

At 11/25/06 10:20 AM, Maus wrote: Well, it's getting deleted this time because you devoted part of your review space to bitching about the whistle system, and then insulting the fash author for their beliefs.

Its called freedom of speech :)

But then again I'm a whistle whore.

/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-25 10:36:44

At 11/25/06 10:35 AM, Dischord wrote:
At 11/25/06 10:20 AM, Maus wrote: Well, it's getting deleted this time because you devoted part of your review space to bitching about the whistle system, and then insulting the fash author for their beliefs.

But then again I'm a whistle whore.

Actually, could some mod clean this up?

/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-25 10:45:53

At 11/25/06 10:35 AM, Dischord wrote:

You've already made it apparent that your grasp of what is and isn't abusive is tenuous at best. I'd strongly suggest that you not start ruminating on how the Bill of Rights affects a privately owned website.

So for now, I'm not going to waste any time looking at things you recommend for 'clean up.'

Response to All my reviews are being deleted 2006-11-25 10:52:03

Ive gotten one or two deleted... anyways maybe there deleting the reveiws from the abusive marking like you suggested... not 100% sure...

Hi