00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hirimi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mrac06 - November

23,767 Views | 334 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Mrac06 - November 2006-11-07 19:44:09

Welcome to the
Monthly R3MIX Audio Contest 2006 - November

This is the official Monthly Remix Audio Contest, or MRAC which will be held once every month or so. The rules for the MRAC are very different from the MAC in that instead of submitting according to a common theme, you submit will a common melody, bassline, harmonic melody, etc.

Every new MAC will have a different set of rules, so make suer you read the specifications of each month carefully.

Entering the Contest, Basic Rules

1 - Check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the NGAP
2 - Make a song according to these rules
3 - Submit the song to the NG Audio Portal
4 - Go to this thread and post a link to your song. Make sure you tell us the name!
5 - Only songs submited to the AP in November 2006 will be accepted in this contest
6 - ONE song only each month per user. No alts! God help you if i find out you are using an alt.

Rules that Differ to the MAC, but are Vital to the MRAC
1 - What I provide will be used solely for its specific purpose. If in the .flp/.rsn its a main melody, you are only to use it as your main melody. Same with Bassline, Harmony, second melody, etc.
2 - The notes that I've provided are NOT ALLOWED to be changed, except for raising/lowering of an octave.
3 - The maximum length of the song for Novembers MRAC is to be 3 minutes. This value will vary from month to month.
4 - Make sure the parts provided are easily recognizable so that it can be heard easily

Failure to Comply with any of these rules will result in either a lower score, a zero, or even a public beating.

Prizes for the winner will vary each month. For this month, a sig pic will be made for the winner by the user ZerachielAmora.

The judging follows the same premise as the MAC;

- The scoring will be from "0-10". The guidlines for judging is just like one would review a song in the AP; Clarity, Diversity Originality and Effort. However, these are guidelines only, what might be good to consider when judging. There will only be ONE score of the song, like earlier mentioned.

- If there are many contestants, "cross judging" will take place. Meaning not every judge will judge every single song, but every song will be judged by at least two different judges. If this is needed, more information of exactly how the judging will be will be presented in this thread.

thanks to Rucklo and LJCoffee for helping me get this Contest off the ground.

**-_-** Here is this Months Remix Specifications: **-_-**
-- The Bassline and Main Melody are provided. Using these, create a song that is under 3 minutes. The deadline is November 30th

The files are in one ZIP: Heres the Zip

file includes the MIDI, the .flp and the .rsn
*** If you interested in becoming a judge, PM me, email me at thehousemasta@yahoo.com or MSN IM me at housemastaNG@hotmail.com ***

GOOD LUCK WITH THE REMIXES!

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-07 19:48:09

Cool! I have one question!

Should any of us choose to do a rock piece, can we play whichever melody on perhaps a guitar, piano or any other real instrument

I'm guessing we can, based on the melody having to remain the same!

is this the case?

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-07 19:48:51

At 11/7/06 07:48 PM, Stealth-Annihilator wrote: Cool! I have one question!

Should any of us choose to do a rock piece, can we play whichever melody on perhaps a guitar, piano or any other real instrument

is this the case?

Just make sure the melody notes are the same and yes, you can use any instrument

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-07 19:52:49

At 11/7/06 07:48 PM, HouseMasta wrote:
At 11/7/06 07:48 PM, Stealth-Annihilator wrote: Cool! I have one question!

is this the case?
Just make sure the melody notes are the same and yes, you can use any instrument

Nice one HouseMasta

sounds easy enough! may have a go at this myself, plenty of time too!

Thanks! XD

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-07 20:00:25

Ill enter too:).

Newest Song

Style: Glitch Hop/Jazz/ElectronicChocolate Rain Remix!

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-07 20:01:05

hahaha

that song made me lol

I may try this, sounds fun.

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-07 20:06:51

Could you have at least put some effort in the melody instead of just something that sounded goofy?

:(

I'll pass on this.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-07 20:07:58

At 11/7/06 08:06 PM, BLACKNOISE wrote: Could you have at least put some effort in the melody instead of just something that sounded goofy?

its called you work on it yourself and change the instruments. its a friggin MIDI! of course theres no effort in it. just for that youre banned from all MRAC ....... ROFL-CONES!

jk.... or am i

»» HouseMasta «« PM

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-07 20:09:15

I would think providing a variation of melodies would be better, you could have

Remix one of these three melodies

and then provide three simple midi's. Also I think the song should be alterable as somebody might have an insanely good idea that requires the changing of a key or something.

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-07 20:10:57

At 11/7/06 08:09 PM, MaestroRage wrote: I would think providing a variation of melodies would be better, you could have

Remix one of these three melodies

and then provide three simple midi's. Also I think the song should be alterable as somebody might have an insanely good idea that requires the changing of a key or something.

well thats yet to be proven. and anyway, ill take into accounts your guys ideas for next months MRAC

»» HouseMasta «« PM

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-07 20:31:20

with all that said, sounds good HouseMasta, i'll give this one a shot as well.

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-07 21:10:35

Sure, I guess I'll join in to. But can we make it any genre we want... as long it has the same melody and such?

Soundscaper

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-07 21:25:37

Nvm. I dont wanna be in it. I hate contests .... lol

Soundscaper

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-07 22:05:04

At 11/7/06 08:10 PM, HouseMasta wrote:
At 11/7/06 08:09 PM, MaestroRage wrote: I would think providing a variation of melodies would be better, you could have
well thats yet to be proven. and anyway, ill take into accounts your guys ideas for next months MRAC

Rage does have a good point - but then, this is the first mRac - I imagine that there might be bumps along this road and plenty of better ways to do things but it'll work out - Remember the first MAC? It's come a long way over the past few months and I'm sure that this will do the same.

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-08 02:59:55

This sounds really cool indeed! Great job, HM!
This should be fun... I gotta do a remix ^

Wakka wakka

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-08 07:28:49

canm it be any remix, like newgrounds or real song?

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-08 07:42:02

At 11/8/06 07:28 AM, Spikrodd wrote: canm it be any remix, like newgrounds or real song?

did you even read the rules? take 5 min and read the rules before you ask questions like this

»» HouseMasta «« PM

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-08 11:44:41

lolololol so goofy... ANYHOW, can we change the tempo and/or the rhythm of the melody and/or the bassline? huh? huh? And what about being able to change scales instead of just octaves? Huh? huh?

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-08 12:54:40

At 11/8/06 11:44 AM, Kirizzle wrote: lolololol so goofy... ANYHOW, can we change the tempo and/or the rhythm of the melody and/or the bassline? huh? huh?

temp yes, rhythm, what do you mean.

And what about being able to change scales instead of just octaves? Huh? huh?

if you really want to, fine

»» HouseMasta «« PM

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-08 16:51:13

done!
do I get extra points for submitting first?

hey, it's worth a shot...

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-08 17:27:53

Heres mine!Link
Song Name:Syrenity

Newest Song

Style: Glitch Hop/Jazz/ElectronicChocolate Rain Remix!

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-08 18:04:56

At 11/8/06 05:27 PM, alcatraz5 wrote: Heres mine!Link
Song Name:Syrenity

...you're supposed to use h.m.'s melody and bassline

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-08 20:11:40

well, here is my MRAC06 entry lawl

SR - Lawlessness

put my own touches to it

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-08 21:30:37

I'm in ;)

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-08 22:23:10

At 11/8/06 12:54 PM, HouseMasta wrote: temp yes, rhythm, what do you mean.

syncopation.

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-09 12:39:45

At 11/8/06 10:23 PM, Kirizzle wrote:
At 11/8/06 12:54 PM, HouseMasta wrote: temp yes, rhythm, what do you mean.
syncopation.

sure i guess. as long as the notes dont change, but how you vary the length doesnt matter

»» HouseMasta «« PM

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-09 12:44:39

OK, here are the Submissions i have to Far

Misc
Attempted Perfection a.p. - MRAC06 - Nov - (cover)
SineRider SR - MRAC06 Lawlessness

Overall, they sounded pretty cool, i cant wait for more takes on it!

Alcatraz5, you didnt read the rules and therefore are disqualified unless you do what youre told. Reread the rules next time instead of jumping the gun

~HM~

»» HouseMasta «« PM

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-10 11:24:31

**Update** The MRAC will probably be the Monthly contest for November and the MAC will be for December, as its already into the 2nd week of November.

»» HouseMasta «« PM

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-10 15:38:55

yo thx a load gold fish you fucked my comments around lol

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac06 - November 2006-11-10 16:25:00

At 11/10/06 11:24 AM, HouseMasta wrote: **Update** The MRAC will probably be the Monthly contest for November and the MAC will be for December, as its already into the 2nd week of November.

Housemasta I love you this is an awsome idea. Exactly what I've been needing. Hey, just a reminder, get me that file off of the FFVII disk.