00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Falkon0re just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Endless

117,579 Views | 3,431 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 11:54:10

At 4/2/03 11:38 AM, Incredible_Hulk wrote: "old?" I would say "vintage". Like fine wine it only gets better with time.

it is not old, as hulk said. its a classic just like cars. i wish i had 1.6M dollars worth of comics. i'd sell them and buy NG=)

i've heard of comics going for a lot of money before but never that much! but exactly how many did he sell?

I could surely die

If I only had some pie

Club-a-Club Club, son

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 12:30:27

At 4/2/03 11:54 AM, star_cleaver wrote:
i've heard of comics going for a lot of money before but never that much! but exactly how many did he sell?

It's not how many he sold, but what he sold, Action comics 1 is the first Superman story, EVER. He sold the first appearance of The Flash (which is the beginning of the "Silver Age" of comics), he sold the first appearance of the original Human Torch...it's not how many, it's what was in those stories that fetched that money....most of those stories go for about $100,000 seperately.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 12:47:43

I had one og the first Transformers released in South Africa, it was a Fly the turned into a Robot. I lost it when we moved. ARGH!

OK, back to comics and cartoons. I saw "The Powerpuff Movie" a couple of days ago. I laughed so hard! It felt good to laugh without someone dying on the TV. No guts or Gore. I must be going soft!

And yes, that was Destiny.

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 13:12:42

At 4/2/03 12:47 PM, JimReaper wrote: I had one og the first Transformers released in South Africa, it was a Fly the turned into a Robot. I lost it when we moved. ARGH!

OK, back to comics and cartoons. I saw "The Powerpuff Movie" a couple of days ago. I laughed so hard! It felt good to laugh without someone dying on the TV. No guts or Gore. I must be going soft!

And yes, that was Destiny.

Yeah, that's who I figured it was nice...nice picture...Nah, it's nice to see a little bit of non-violent hilarity every now and again...too much blood and guts can be bad...well, not much to say right now...Mooviepoopshoot has another informative comics 101 column up, this week, it discusses Captain Marvel (The DC version, who is on his way into theaters in a big budget feature) so if you're so inclined, give it a look, I'll post a link a little later.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 13:21:49

Captian Marvel, owned by DC?

Madness...

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 13:22:01

Here's the link:

<A>http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/comics101/index.html<A>

if that dosen't post right as a link...I apologize...my html skill is like zip

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 13:32:42

At 4/2/03 01:21 PM, JimReaper wrote: Captian Marvel, owned by DC?

Madness...

Well Fawcett comics created the character back in the 40's as a kind of more kid friendly Superman...it was outselling everything on the racks at that time...DC naturally sued citing the similarities to Superman, but the court ruled for Fawcett, the judge did however note similarities, which lead DC (then National Periodical Publications) to appeal, and Fawcett stopped publishing comics altogether and DC bought them. Here's where the two Captain Marvel's occur:

Marvel in the 60's seeing DC allowed the copyright to lapse, created their own version...DC later decided to ressurect Billy Batson (Captain Marvel) but they couldn't call the book Captail Marvel, because Marvel owned the copyright to the name, so they called the book Shazaam! After magic word that transformed young billy into the mighty hero. So a lot of people mistake the title of the book for the name of the character and call him Shazaam sometimes.

So that is the legend of the two captain marvels...

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 13:36:34

I REMEMBER NOW! I've heard about him, seems like he's also faded away.

Remeber Superboy?

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 13:53:05

At 4/2/03 01:36 PM, JimReaper wrote: I REMEMBER NOW! I've heard about him, seems like he's also faded away.

Yeah, he was never as popular as when he first started out.

Remeber Superboy?

Yeah, all three versions...or was it only two? I know one was superman as a kid (but those stories don't count), the one I saw in Crisis on Infinite Earths (but that might have been the aforementioned young superman) and the clone of Superman...all Superboys have faded away...happens a lot at DC, cause all their characters are pushing 100

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 14:02:22

I'm talking about the one with the Leather Jacket and the Highlighted Hair. It was really wierd.

Also, that issue where Superman dies, I loved that one.

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 14:12:21

At 4/2/03 02:02 PM, JimReaper wrote: I'm talking about the one with the Leather Jacket and the Highlighted Hair. It was really wierd.

That's the clone.

Also, that issue where Superman dies, I loved that one.

DC is cashing in off that...making some 9/11 like tribute book, examining why it's still important and that killing then ressurecting Superman had a lasting story impact, instead of just some cash in DC's wallet...yeah, whatever...greedy whores...

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 14:16:06

I know, but that cyborg Superman needs some updating, he looked real crap in the original

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 14:23:10

At 4/2/03 02:16 PM, JimReaper wrote: I know, but that cyborg Superman needs some updating, he looked real crap in the original

The point of this series is to look at how big blue's "death" affected ordinary people...and I just know they'll make it look like 9/11, you just know...Dan Jurgens, the writer even said that he thought of that when he was cleaning his drawers and looking through the notes that will make up this story.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 14:34:21

i didn't know they resurected superman. i can't keep up with all this stuff. i just like hanging around and reading the news you guys post. i know a lot of characters and stuff but the recent stuff i have no clue about. i just watch justice league, i don't really know about all the comic stuff. go figure.

and i remeber superboy. the clone one. i didn't like him that much.

I could surely die

If I only had some pie

Club-a-Club Club, son

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 14:34:34

So it's gonna be Spiderman Issue 36 all-over again, eh?

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 14:39:42

At 4/2/03 02:34 PM, JimReaper wrote: So it's gonna be Spiderman Issue 36 all-over again, eh?

Supposedly, it's some young newspaper kid investigating it in the present...interviewing people that were around for Big Blue's "death" and what it meant to them...one of those "it was important, we swear...IT WASN'T JUST A SCAM!" type of deals...but I'm sure it will have lot's of 9/11 resonnance, it's time people stop milking that...Marvel has been almost from the start, and now DC is getting in on the act.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 14:45:35

I know. Marvel is quite good at milking stuff like that!

But Marvel has got some cool heroes. Like Hulk, Spiderman, Capt. America and Dare Devil (whose movie I'm gonna go and see on Saterday)

DC's heroes are a bit too "Look at me I'm cool" But the recent Batman comics have been REAL cool.

The Endless

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 14:50:46

At 4/2/03 02:45 PM, JimReaper wrote: I know. Marvel is quite good at milking stuff like that!

mmm hmmm, Rawhide Kid anyone?

But Marvel has got some cool heroes. Like Hulk, Spiderman, Capt. America and Dare Devil (whose movie I'm gonna go and see on Saterday)

I liked the movie, some didn't but...I like it, pretty good.

DC's heroes are a bit too "Look at me I'm cool" But the recent Batman comics have been REAL cool.

Yeah, and they really are somewhat antiquated, they are aging characters with weaknesses that are so fucking stupid and nobody bothers to update them (is Green Lantern still unable to use his powers on anything yellow?). Liked Bruce Wayne murderer, and the first part of Fugitive I read...I'll probably wait till hush comes out as a Trade...but I will try and snap up that issue with the Joker that's due out soon.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 15:08:29

I might be WAY off the wagon now, but isn't the Joker Dead?

Also, I like Harly Quinn, the girl that hides behind her mask. I like the way that she's really inlove with the Joker, but he doesn't treat her right.

Marvels characters have more of a personal story-line. Like each of the X-Mens personal fears and hates, Spidermans love interests, Hulks inner torment, that sorta stuff. Superman is too "Superhuman" for me, he feels to metallic. It's like he has no soul. It might just be me.

Green Lanturn can't hit things that are yellow? What's he gonna do against Electro or Shocker? lol

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 15:28:34

At 4/2/03 03:08 PM, JimReaper wrote: I might be WAY off the wagon now, but isn't the Joker Dead?

Yeah, well, I tried following that Last Laugh storyline too...never finished...I just knew that it would be a fucking cop out. Joker is very much alive.

Also, I like Harly Quinn, the girl that hides behind her mask. I like the way that she's really inlove with the Joker, but he doesn't treat her right.

Yeah well, no more...Harley tried to drop him down an elevator shaft...so apparentl, the romance is over.

Marvels characters have more of a personal story-line. Like each of the X-Mens personal fears and hates, Spidermans love interests, Hulks inner torment, that sorta stuff. Superman is too "Superhuman" for me, he feels to metallic. It's like he has no soul. It might just be me.

Yeah, Superman is a little bit too noble for my taste, he's the ultimate boy scout and it's very hard to for me to sit down and give a crap about what's going on with him.

Green Lanturn can't hit things that are yellow? What's he gonna do against Electro or Shocker? lol

Yeah, it's always been that way...if it's yellow, the power of the Green Lantern won't work on it...and what the fuck kind of name is "The Green Lantern"? It sounds so fucking stupid.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 16:11:28

The Green Lantern, what a laugh! Wasn't he in the JLOA?

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 16:44:33

Anyone remember Ghost Rider?

The Endless

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 17:03:51

At 4/2/03 04:44 PM, JimReaper wrote: Anyone remember Ghost Rider?

Yeah, Ghost Rider was cool...can't wait for the movie to come out.

As for your earlier post, yeah, Green Lantern is in the JLA, and the Golden Age Green Lantern is in the JSA (Justice Society of America).

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 17:41:02

Well, I have to head to work...so you'll need to find things to talk about without me...so keep posting...I leave the keys to the topic in your hands...but remember, you fuck up, and Pappa spank! hehe, The Joker, what didn't that man teach us?

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 21:42:37

Hey can i join??

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 22:40:24

At 4/2/03 09:42 PM, Spitfire6036 wrote: Hey can i join??

Well, I just basicly have to say you're in...and....drum roll please...big decision here...okay, you can stay :)

Like I've said previously, just talk about characters you like, if you've read through a little bit, you know it's pretty liberal with conversation around here, I don't want to break people's balls and say "No, this topic will be done my way!" I'm just concentrating on people having fun...so welcome to the family.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 23:01:24

I just realized...only spitfire posted while I was gone...The next time I form a gang, I'm gonna use people with no lives! You hear me? NO LIVES!

Ah more modified Joker...a no prize to the person who can tell me where I stole that from.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 23:19:28

here's another link for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/titlebout/index.html

This is a comics humor column done to the weekly comics listings...looks hysterical this week...didn't get completely through it though...the list is long, and so is the column, so make some time for this one.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-02 23:22:12

Well, apparently the last post was a bit unclear...so I'll use the actual qoute it came from:

"The next time I start a gang, no girls! Do you hear me??? NO GIRLS!" --The Joker

Where did that line come from? Comic, Cartoon, the old T.V. Show for Batman? Winner get's a patented no prize

tell me if you guys like this or not...might be something to do to keep people interested, so any feedback is appreciated.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless 2003-04-03 04:06:43

At 4/2/03 11:22 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:

"The next time I start a gang, no girls! Do you hear me??? NO GIRLS!" --The Joker

I'm sure I heard that in the cartoon version. When batman still looked gay.