00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

froggartfrog just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Would you like to be a mod?

100,434 Views | 1,605 Replies

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-02 03:14:43

I'd like to be an icon mod, i'm on 3-12 Pacific U.S. time on weekdays, 24/7 on week.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-02 03:36:54

I want to be a review mod. I am free all the time! I'd love to do that. I have been around a long time also!!

Thanks WADE!

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-02 03:44:07

I dont know if you are still even considering this position open but...

My first choice would be forum modding, and my second choice would be review modding.

Ive been on the BBS long enough to know which topics break the forum rules and should be discontinued. I.E. spam, hateful, and pointless topics. I also think I have a good handle of what types of post deserve a ban since I was banned a few times when I was new to the forums, and didnt fully know them. I am mostly on the Newgrounds forums at night, around 11-2, and I visit them almost every day to at least see if there are any interesting topics to post on.

For the review mod., I fully understand the rules of which reviews are acceptable and which ones are not. Basically from the experience of having a few of my reviews deleted, I understand the no-nonsense attitude that is expected of reviews, that they are supposed to give praise, or give constructive criticism to a flash, and that anything else is not acceptable. I browse around Newgrounds during the day, mostly everyday as well, so I would be able to pass judgement on a lot of reviews during the day.

Hope I didnt mess up my interview Wade.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-02 03:44:49

To much work, but I spose it couldnt hurt.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-02 03:45:58

20 pages of dick sucking.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-04 01:34:10

I personally would like to be a forum mod, but not for the power. I'd do it for...well, i could go on and on about how i would be a model NG citizen, and always do my best, and all that, but in reality, all i'd be doing is kissing @$$. I'd love to be a NG mod, and i spend lots of time on here, espcially at 8:00 Ng time, but that's not how things work. Putting hard work into not responding to some newbie who thinks he's God's gift to the internet, ad keeping calm through that kind of spam mail all mods tend to get is how i think its done.

TheSilverSerpent: Kickin' it with a new kind of style.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-04 01:38:09

Forum mod,

Because I actually did read the rules.
I -could-, if given the oportunity to moderate, dedicate most of my afternoon, as long as I'm not busy with work or anything else, to moderating any forum, preferably the Clubs & Crews, and the Art Forum.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-04 01:56:35

Being a mod would be nice, as you could feel like you're contributing to the site more than a normal user, but you can't overlook the amount of work it would entail. If I were to be a mod, review mod would probably suit me best, but thoughts of logging in to find pages and pages of flagged reviews that needed to be deleted is an unpleasant thought. Granted, I would enjoy helping the site and therefore put as much time into it as possible, but outside of weekends and light weekdays, I couldn't really be on the site as much as needed to sift through all of the work/responsibilities. I've been on the site for many years, a member for the last few, and I'm content with the way it is being run - especially because the mods/admins are doing all of the grunt work.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-04 02:24:12

It's nice to hope,

Forum Moderator/Review Moderator.

I have an unbelieveable amount of free time I work 3rd shift CST 12am- 8am and I am stuck in this damn office with naught but the BBS to get me through. I would consider it an honor to help out in any way possible. I would be a decent mod because I have (I think anyway) good enough judgment and an unbiased demeanor. However, I am not a power- hungry, authority-misusing, naive(contrary to popular belief), type of person. I have great skills at observation, and I notice there are periods of time where there are no mods and usually some wise-ass comes and shits up the forum with ridiculous amounts of spam posts, and reviving ancient threads with the post " ur Gai" or something to that point, and with no mods around... they are free to "rape" the BBS of it's dignity in this window of oportunity.

As far as the review Mod request goes, I feel I have some .."Atonement" to achieve for my early user ways.

Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and FUCK the prom queen!

OCCUPY SKYRIM!!!

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-04 02:34:09

Honestly I've never really thought about being a mod before but, if I had to choose I'd say a mod for the Forums. I guess you could say that I'm online everyday for at lest a couple of hours or more(If asked I say anywhere from 2-5 hours >_<). I come online pretty much when I get home from school witch is about 3:15 my time. I guess that would work out pretty well because I am normally on late at night for you most of the users witch is still pretty early for me. I usually find myself online most when its about 1 or 2 for you guys and there really aren't to many mods around at that time.

I wouldn't call myself a perfect user but no on really is. I have had my fair share of bans in the past(It's been awhile since my last one I'm pretty sure) but nothing serious. I spend a lot more time lurking that I do posting, I rarely ever post spam and stupid shit unless its late and I'm trying to be funny. I would say that I have a good understanding of the rules, considering I haven't really broken to many...

I guess you could say I've been "visiting" Newgrounds for over 2 years now(typical response I know), but I did just hit my one year anniversary of having an account and coming on to the forums on Thanksgiving(Yay for me :D). I would say that I am a user friendly person and I get along with most people on the site really well. I do spend a lot of my time chatting with the people that come into Paltalk(not many of you sadly =[). I have been offered a spot as an adman in the room by Wade a couple of times; which really isn't a big deal considering almost everyone is an adman now but I guess it counts for something right =p? Each time I turned them down jokingly saying that "If were made into an adman that means I would have to follow the rules =["=p. I've talked to Wade in there a couple of times(not sure if he remembers me =p) and if you ask him I bet he would say I was an alright guy.

I would say that I have a good understand now, of whats spam and whats not considering I have gotten my fair share of bans for posting in spam topics(I've learned my lesson I promise xD). I would be able to be fair about locking topics and what not, I know I wouldn't be to harsh on people thats for sure. I know that I would be able to tell if a user was breaking the rules or not, and ban them for the right amount of time....

I guess thats about *shrugs* I don't know if there is anything more I could really say.... I know that my post count isn't really to high compared with all the other mods... and Its only been a year since I have started posting on the forums. I know there aren't any 05 users made into mods yet(not that I have seen at lest) I don't know if that really matters. To sum it up I think I would make a good mod, I'm on a lot generally when there aren't many other mods around, not to many bans under my belt.. and I'm nice to just about everyone on Newgrounds :D

So ya, thanks for taking the time to read this post, if not thats cool to... If you do I hope there aren't to many spelling or grammatical errors I tried my best to keep it easy to read...

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

~Henry Rollins

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-04 02:43:53

Thanks for the opertuanaty Wade!

I would be most interested in either the Forum Mod or the Review mod.

Im not going to lie, I have been banned from the forums before, But that has taught me a lot and I have not been banned since. I have a good understanding of the rules.

I would be good at being a Review mod for the following reasons:

I have worked my way up to Diety with correct Flagging.
I know the rules well.
I am a big contributor to the Abusive review thread and constantly post links there.

I am on Newgrounds at late night most of the time, Which for me is actually not that late. I live in Australia and when its say 1:00am everywhere else its only 6:00pm here. I would be good at doing a late night job when most mods are offline.

Thanks for the chance!

-Sterockicy-

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-04 02:50:51

I would most likely be a review mod. While i have not written a whole ton of flash reviews myself, i have always believed that quality beats quantity. While most of it would be looking through reviews that post random insults like "This flash is crap" or "You should go kill yourself", i think that i would keep at it because every once in a while, i could save a review that others think is bad, but is really just offering some constructive chritisism. Reviews have a larger impact than most people think. Before you watch any movie (assuming it's passed), you see a review below it. That little text has often influenced me to either watch the movie or pass on it. I want to make sure that the flash artist who put thier work into flash don't get skipped over because some person unjustly degraded them.

What's more important is that i'm on NG a whole lot, and i have seen at least 5,000 flash reviews, whether good or bad. To me, it's easy to spot which reviews are bad and which are good. Even though i won't get much recognition for my job (actually, most people will probably hate me), i won't mind. I have been a vistor to NG for 4 years, and a member for about 3/4 of a year now. I would do anything i could to help Newgrounds run more efficently.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

Click the sig for direct download page, or Click Here for the show in the Itunes Market!

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-04 03:58:34

FORUM MOD! give ma a chance! ill prove myself worthy!!!!!! :()

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-04 05:52:04

Hi. I'd be interested in being a forum mod in the general section. Why? Because I've seen enough hatred, stereotypes and flamewars. I would try to stop people from reusing all the same arguments and starting flamewars over the same topics ever again. I would try to make people understand that discussions don't work like "i rule, you suck, that's why I am right and you are gay."
Now probably many people say that. So why me and not one of these other guys? I run a website for our school, have administrated several forums and chats, and have always managed to keep things peaceful. I like to discuss things properly, even with people who try to flame. I live in Germany, so I could be active from 9am to 6pm on (most) weekdays.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-09 14:56:41

Id like to be a forum mod.. cuz I'm on the forum a lot.. mostly the flash forum tho!
but I don't think the flash forum needs any more mods. we have Luis, jmtb02 and NegativeONE (some times)
but Id like to be able to keep things quiet a little bit..
and maybe stop some of the fights happening in the flash and programing forum when theres no mods on!

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-09 15:17:20

I would love to be a MOD!!!!

Grass grows, Birds fly, Sun Shines, and bruddah, I hurt people.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-09 15:19:40

SRRY for double post!!!
I need to add moer info,
I would like to be a mod on the genereal part since im only there and im there for hours to go.
I view alot of threads!
I would just like to lock the topics needed to be locked, and well moniter the forums (genereal forum)
That's my reasons!

Grass grows, Birds fly, Sun Shines, and bruddah, I hurt people.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-09 15:20:05

Forum mod
I'm online at least an hour aa day, unless im over my dads (wednesdays, and every other weekend)
And i know the bbs inside out

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-09 15:20:38

I would most like to be a forum Mod.

I am almost constantly on the forums, and i would like to be a mod because some of the current ones (not mentioning names XD) are a teensy bit unfair/horribly mean when they are locking posts.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-09 15:21:44

You know what, I wouldn't mind being a mod.

I'd probably be fair with my locking, banning, and deleting, and I'd still try and be active and friendly with the other users.

Only problem is I'm only 14. :/

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-09 15:25:17

FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im almost only on NG forum (out of the NG site)

(thats what i want to be...)

:/

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-09 15:27:04

At 12/4/06 03:58 AM, crispy-pancakes wrote: FORUM MOD! give ma a chance! ill prove myself worthy!!!!!! :()

thats what i basically mean :D (i mainly spend my time on general forum)

if this was my PC id insert a funny pic here but it isnt so i cant >:(

:/

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-09 15:27:17

Well, I guess I would want to be a forum mod. At would be much fun to be around people ina mods position.I've always wondered what it would be like to not worry about replying to a spam post and being banned. I mean I simply love the Newgrounds Forums. Its pretty much the only forum I use. Mostly because their is actually some intelligent people here with an exception of some noobs.

My First choice would definately be Forum Mod. Although Icon mod has struck my intrest. It seems like an alright job but, I would have to go with Forum Mod.

-Rutz

Bouncin' all around the world, I'm a little bunny...rabbit. You want my dick? Come grab it.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-09 15:29:24

I would love to be a reveiw mod, I am sick and tired of people being rude and hurtful to people's hard work. I also want to get rid of all those racist/homophobic reveiws. I already work hard flaging and frequent the abusive reveiws thread in the help seciton.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-09 15:34:58

At 10/16/06 11:31 PM, WadeFulp wrote: So I thought it would be fun to ask the users this:

If you have spare time and would be willing to help out Newgrounds, what kind of moderator would you most like to be? If you'd like to be more than 1 type of moderator, say a forum mod and a review mod, then list which one you'd want to be the most, followed by your 2nd choice, and if you want 3rd and 4th choices. The choices are forum mod, review mod, audio mod, and icon mod.

I'd like to be a review and forum.I have a lot of time I spend on the computer so put me in plz.

hello

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-09 15:36:33

Forum Mod

I think i would make a good forum moderator because i use the forum everyday after school, also i am on british time so i can help from 6-9 as i use the computer at these times anyway. Although i have admitadly had a few bans this is not necessarily a bad thing because i have read the rules several times and understand them quite well, from this i also know what type of topics get banned or blocked.
i also think i would be good because i can give up time as i am a student and use a computer for the majority of my day, whatsmore i am moving to uni next year so i would still be useful then.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-09 15:36:49

howdy ho wade (if you are still checking up on this topic)

nice idea to get the users worked up about being mods (seriously guys this is a damn joke) anyways i though i might reply so

1st choice: i would personally be a forum mod, you get the most interaction with the members (and you can make them fear you mwhahaha!)

2nd: probably a review mod, ok so not as well known but still quite a good boasting point "yes, yes i am a newgrounds reviews mod!"

and i dont thing i really have a third choice i think it would have to be an icon mod anyways those would be my choices

.nannal

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-09 15:39:40

At 12/9/06 03:27 PM, Rutz wrote: -Rutz

Oh and by the way check out my sig. Yeah, Help/FAQs thats some nice mod material.

Bouncin' all around the world, I'm a little bunny...rabbit. You want my dick? Come grab it.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-09 18:55:20

Forum mod, But don't give me the power to ban people.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-12-09 19:13:39

I thought about it for a bit since I first saw this thread then I thought would I be a good forum mod? Well i've been here for a good 3 years and i've probably got into more than my share of trouble and wasn't that great of a poster at first but I learned the rules, I lurked more, I started reading the FULL post of other people, and became a better poster. I'm probably not the smartest guy here but I know most of my shit. I try to be on as much as I can but working four nights a week and going to school doesn't leave much for free time, so i'm ussually on the forums on weekends and when I dont work.

I'm not even that old and maybe I dont know the exact details of every fucking crisis that happens in the world that I post about in the politics forum but I gave it a shot a couple times posting in the politics forum. So it comes back to that thought of would I be a good forum mod. I wouldn't be the best forum mod but hell i'd give it a shot and be the best I can be.

"What is a joke exactly?"

BBS Signature