00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

musti727 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,835,413 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-08 22:11:38

At 10/8/04 10:05 PM, psykolord wrote: Has anyone seen any of the InuYasha or Yu Yu Hakusho movies? I personally haven't, and would love to see them.

Havent seen any of the Inu ones but I saw the Poltergeist Report YYH movie. If you get it then make sure you enjoy subtitles or understand Japanese because the english voice actors suck. They do not have the same voice actors as in the TV series. Although the Japanese voice actors are good.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-08 22:25:50

OMG! I wana join!

¢Ëáohf‚YMgYˆ!

And if possible, the .hack one as well

View my Deviantart

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-08 22:36:22

At 10/8/04 10:25 PM, Neolight wrote: OMG! I wana join!

¢Ëáohf‚YMgYˆ!

And if possible, the .hack one as well

What on earth was that middle line supposed to mean?!

By the way, that Poltergeist Report movie, was that the name of the movie? I'm assuming tha it was, because it would be weird if it weren't, but that's happened to me before.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-08 23:08:42

We'd love to have you as an official member. To join ya gotta list your top 5 favorite anime and an anime character that shares your gender to represent you that is not on the list. We have our own forums here.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-08 23:14:21

At 10/8/04 11:08 PM, ProtoBassX wrote:
We'd love to have you as an official member. To join ya gotta list your top 5 favorite anime and an anime character that shares your gender to represent you that is not on the list. We have our own forums here.

Hey! the list is here I didn't go to all the trouble of updating it a couple weeks ago so you could link to ranma's inaccurate list.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-08 23:23:55

At 10/8/04 11:14 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: Hey! the list is here I didn't go to all the trouble of updating it a couple weeks ago so you could link to ranma's inaccurate list.

Oopsy-daisy. >_<

I haven't been to my school library so my thirst for manga hasn't been quenched... :'( The last one I remember reading was Planet Ladder. It didn't grab my attention so I don't wanna read any more on that... and I wanna finish Kodocha! >:I

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 00:28:43

Speaking of Liberaries. If you local Liberary doesn't have manga you could probably just ask them to order it for the liberary and they would probably do it. That's what i did for my local liberary and now they have over 10 manga from 4 different series. And they have ordered another 10 from other various series.

Currently:
Cardcaptor Sakura-1
Fushigi Yuugi-4
Dragon Ball-2
Yu-GAY-oh-3

Up and comming:
More Cardcaptor Sakura and Fushigi Yuugi
Figure 17
Sailor Moon
Gundum Seed
and Inuyasha

all you need to do is just ask

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 00:28:44

wtf is kodocha??? ive seen at least 4 people with it at school ... ive been wondering for ever ... the only manga i have though are trigun and cowboy bebop but i liked em both

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 02:36:28

At 10/8/04 11:23 PM, ProtoBassX wrote: Oopsy-daisy. >_<

I haven't been to my school library so my thirst for manga hasn't been quenched... :'( The last one I remember reading was Planet Ladder. It didn't grab my attention so I don't wanna read any more on that... and I wanna finish Kodocha! >:I

That reminds me. I need to get the 4th Hellsing manga. But I have no monies. *sigh* I need to get a job.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 05:21:01

SPOLIER WARNING

I was wondering in the last episode of cowboy bebop when Spike
killed Vicious did Spike die

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 05:22:05

At 10/9/04 05:21 AM, secret_toad wrote:

SPOLIER WARNING

It's implied that he's dead, but since there was no follow up, there's no proof. However, most people would be dead with all those injuries.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 07:15:23

At 10/9/04 12:28 AM, BigFan7 wrote: Speaking of Liberaries. If you local Liberary doesn't have manga you could probably just ask them to order it for the liberary and they would probably do it. That's what i did for my local liberary and now they have over 10 manga from 4 different series. And they have ordered another 10 from other various series.

^_^ I'm even luckier. I'm about to work at a store that sells anime...and the manager (I was sorta like friends and stuff before he was the manager) wants to have the anime section grow...so...now I will be there to get all the anime :3 ... Hm... Actually that might be a bad thing... :/ Now I might spend all my money... I don't have good willpower and all that anime will be staring me in the face all day >.> ...
Mm. ::Shrugs.:: ^^ I'll be poor still but fixed (anime fix)

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 09:06:37

^_^ I'm even luckier. I'm about to work at a store that sells anime...and the manager (I was sorta like friends and stuff before he was the manager) wants to have the anime section grow...so...now I will be there to get all the anime :3 ... Hm... Actually that might be a bad thing... :/ Now I might spend all my money... I don't have good willpower and all that anime will be staring me in the face all day >.> ...
Mm. ::Shrugs.:: ^^ I'll be poor still but fixed (anime fix)

Don´t know if I call u lucky or poor think...
Lucky cuz u work in "heaven"
Poor cuz everithing u want is there jumping on u, and u can´t buy the whole store (maybe a big part of it, but not everything)
I work in a book store, but is too difficult to talk to my boos bout anime. We don´t have a single manga here, never wil get a whole anime/manga section... :-(
Oh man, thinking bout it bothers me ¯_¯

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 12:23:38

At 10/9/04 05:22 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
At 10/9/04 05:21 AM, secret_toad wrote:

SPOLIER WARNING

It's implied that he's dead, but since there was no follow up, there's no proof. However, most people would be dead with all those injuries.

It's made clear early in the series that either man cannot die at anyone's hand other than eachother's... which is what ends up happening. Though I'm sure someone had the "sequal" or "spin-off" word dancing in their head when that ending was finalized.
Bottom line. He died. But...
Everything is for money in any entertainment business.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 12:31:50

Yeah......this character is so cool............tenis prodigy, Tezuka Kunimitsu!!!!

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 12:39:07

At 10/9/04 12:31 PM, synchronixxxer wrote: Yeah......this character is so cool............tenis prodigy, Tezuka Kunimitsu!!!!

When are you going to send me the DVD?

Cibai ko. lol

*grabs dick*

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 12:47:08

At 10/4/04 04:34 AM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote: just list your 5 favorite animes (but there is only for your listed?)
and a character to represent you

Well....i choose Tezuka Kunimitsu from Prince of Tennis and my favourite animes are:

1) Prince Of Tennis
2) Love Hina
3) Onegai Teacher
4) Hellsing
5) GTO

yeah.thats right!

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 14:15:20

At 10/9/04 12:28 AM, D-Ranged wrote: wtf is kodocha???

It's a comedy manga that follows Sana Kurata, a child TV star. (In the beginning of the manga she's in 5th grade, by the end she's in 6th.) Sana appears in ads, movies, and TV shows, such as the show "Kodocha". The word 'Kodocha' translates into "Child's Toy". It's pretty funny, and it has a good story with characters rich in personality. I highly recomend it.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 14:44:43

At 10/9/04 12:31 PM, synchronixxxer wrote: Yeah......this character is so cool............tenis prodigy, Tezuka Kunimitsu!!!!

Sorry but in my opinion most sports anime=bleh.
I just wish they'd make a football (not soccer) anime.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 14:57:45

At 10/9/04 02:44 PM, Noctroler wrote:
Sorry but in my opinion most sports anime=bleh.
I just wish they'd make a football (not soccer) anime.

Same here. I'm not really into sports, and though I've never seen a sports anime, I don't really want to see one either. I might try to find one, though, just for the experience.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 14:59:15

At 10/8/04 11:50 AM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote: Has anyone seen Kiki's delivery service? I think it is pretty good

This morning, they aired it on TOON Disney. I only saw the ending; I haven't seen the whole movie for about 3 years. I think it's a good anime flick, although it's childish. In the English version, Kirsten Dunst (Mary Jane Watson in the Spider-Man movies) is the voice actor for Kiki. o_O

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 15:39:25

At 10/9/04 02:59 PM, ProtoBassX wrote:
At 10/8/04 11:50 AM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote: Has anyone seen Kiki's delivery service? I think it is pretty good
This morning, they aired it on TOON Disney. I only saw the ending; I haven't seen the whole movie for about 3 years. I think it's a good anime flick, although it's childish. In the English version, Kirsten Dunst (Mary Jane Watson in the Spider-Man movies) is the voice actor for Kiki. o_O

Dammit!
Are you telling me that I missed Kiki's Delivery Service?
CURSE IT ALL!
<Rips head off a random creature nearby to soothe temper>
There, that's better.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 15:41:01

I liked Kiki's Dilivery servis. that old man that created it was a ginious! i love all his movies... i got the DVD of Kiki's....

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 15:43:13

Ha ha, that movie is pretty kool

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 15:46:01

At 10/9/04 03:41 PM, TwilightKing wrote: I liked Kiki's Dilivery servis. that old man that created it was a ginious! i love all his movies... i got the DVD of Kiki's....

So does one of my friends. That's how I saw it. He loaned it to me for a wek and I watched it once or twice.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 15:48:50

Question(s):

Ghost in the Shell. Just the two movies? Or a show, also? Does it really "define anime"? Is it like Cowboy Bebop, like they say? Completely serious, or does it occasionally get goofy (i.e. Trigun/Kenshin)? Action-packed? Good dubbing/subbing? Good characters/plot/animation/music?

I ask because I'm thinking of asking for it for my birthday (yes, I still make wishlists for my birthdays :o) ). And no, I don't want to join this club. Two reasons: One, I hate having shows and movies (especially animes) spoiled for me, and I'm sure you talk about animes I've never seen in here. Two, I'm already in two clubs and that's pretty much enough for me.

P.S. Although, if I did join, I'd definitely have to be Ed from Cowboy Bebop. And if she's already taken (which she probably is), then I'd just have to go with Ein, since he's her counterpart in everything she does :o)

P.P.S. As I said, I hate having things spoiled, so please don't give me too many details :o)

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 15:54:21

At 10/9/04 03:48 PM, WindStrike wrote: Ghost in the Shell. Just the two movies? Or a show, also?

Movies and a show. Never seen any of them

Two reasons: One, I hate having shows and movies (especially animes) spoiled for me, and I'm sure you talk about animes I've never seen in here. Two, I'm already in two clubs and that's pretty much enough for me.

It's a rule of the club that you post spoiler warnings of you're gonna give anything away.

P.S. Although, if I did join, I'd definitely have to be Ed from Cowboy Bebop. And if she's already taken (which she probably is), then I'd just have to go with Ein, since he's her counterpart in everything she does :o)

I think Ed's free, but you can't be Ein.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 16:36:34

At 10/8/04 10:36 PM, psykolord wrote:
By the way, that Poltergeist Report movie, was that the name of the movie?

Yea it is it is called Yu Yu Hakusho: The Poltergeist Report.

P.S. I am not able to respond often cause I got school. Stupid School lol. Although occasionally I will sneak on during school if we have a day in the computer lab with a teacher who isnt too observant.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 16:39:18

At 10/9/04 05:22 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: It's implied that he's dead, but since there was no follow up, there's no proof. However, most people would be dead with all those injuries.

I think he still mite be alive. He pulled off fake deaths before and plus its spike he is just that all powerful lol.

Response to Anime Club 2004-10-09 17:36:18

Hello ladies and gents I just got Love hina again and it was meraculouse
sputendoes and qute reveling. I recogmend it especially if your in to
romantic-comadies