00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,813,594 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-07 18:54:55

At 11/7/10 06:46 PM, Mendou wrote: It's pretty messed up shit.

After Ideon I was gonna check out Aura Battler Dunbine. What do you think of it? I've been in a really kill 'em all mood lately, so any recommendations from anyone about shows where everyone dies is good.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-07 23:24:45

A quick question to everyone here: Does anybody know a place, whether online or otherwise, where a person can pick up and purchase the soundtracks and CDs for different anime? Like, I know that one could just go onto any website and get songs, but I'd like to actually get and collect the CDs.

Any ideas?

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-08 01:31:09

Oooh boy...
PETA's gonna have fun with this one.

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-08 03:26:33

At 11/7/10 11:24 PM, firemaker60 wrote: A quick question to everyone here: Does anybody know a place, whether online or otherwise, where a person can pick up and purchase the soundtracks and CDs for different anime? Like, I know that one could just go onto any website and get songs, but I'd like to actually get and collect the CDs.

Any ideas?

Amazon.com.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-08 14:58:44

At 11/8/10 03:26 AM, Aigis wrote:
At 11/7/10 11:24 PM, firemaker60 wrote: A quick question to everyone here: Does anybody know a place, whether online or otherwise, where a person can pick up and purchase the soundtracks and CDs for different anime? Like, I know that one could just go onto any website and get songs, but I'd like to actually get and collect the CDs.

Any ideas?
Amazon.com.

That or Amazon.co.jp (where I get most of my music nowadays :P), or CDJapan, Play-Asia or YesAsia.
I'd be cautious about what you find on US Amazon; some companies license anime soundtracks and re-release them with romanized tags, lyrics and whatnot. (Proof below.)
If you want unadulterated soundtracks, make sure to look for the tag "IMPORTED - from Japan."

Anime Club

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-08 20:04:01

I was wondering if you guys could help me find some anime that I used to watch a while ago although I've forgotten the name of it. I remember it was about some guy who was an android and was traveling with some woman and I think some kid. I think they were trying to look for the man who created the android and kill him, or the man who created him was trying to kill them. Something like that I'm sure.

I remember the first episode had to do with him walking down the side of the road with a guitar, and he ended up getting attacked by some robot bear thing, and he ended up killing it and saving some woman, who ends up traveling with him. I think he eventually finds another robot who says he is his brother and they travel together to find the man, although I think he ends up betraying him. A thanks in advance to whoever helps me :D

Shut up already.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-08 21:53:00

At 11/8/10 09:33 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 11/8/10 08:04 PM, thelittleemo wrote: I was wondering if you guys could help me find some anime that I used to watch a while ago although I've forgotten the name of it.
Pretty sure it's Android Kikaider.

Yes, that's it, thanks a lot :D

Shut up already.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-08 21:55:29

At 11/8/10 07:32 PM, LoliTastic wrote: But K-on? Seriously? You do realize it is a moeshit piece of crap right?

I hear way more people spouting hate for these shows than I hear people's love for them.

I don't know what it means, but you'd think people would get tired of using words like 'moeshit'.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-08 22:02:57

At 11/8/10 09:55 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 11/8/10 07:32 PM, LoliTastic wrote: But K-on? Seriously? You do realize it is a moeshit piece of crap right?
I hear way more people spouting hate for these shows than I hear people's love for them.

That's because there's not much to love.
I've seen the first season of K-ON! and part of the second, and there was little to no plot. It seemed like the only thing the show was there for was to project images of the girls being teenage girls, nothing more. There were only song sequences in two episodes.

I don't know what it means, but you'd think people would get tired of using words like 'moeshit'.

It's called calling a spade a spade.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-08 22:55:02

At 11/7/10 11:40 PM, andycastaneda wrote: From left to right:
Zero No Tsukaima [Louise Françoise le Blanc de la Vallière]
VOCALIOD 2 [Miku Hatsune] (not an anime)
Lucky Star [Konata Izumi]
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya [Haruhi Suzumiya]
flcl [Haruko Haruhara]
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan [Dokuro Mitsukai]
K-On! [Yui Hirasawa] (K-On!!)

It's an okay list, except for FLCL, I thought this anime was crap overall.

And it makes me wonder why so many people are so negative against the moe style, especially when they don't explain themselves. Granted, the "kawaii" looking girls in anime today does get annoying to a point, but that's the way anime is being made now, and if anyone doesn't like it, then go back to old-school style anime then.

Some anime fans can be afraid of change sometimes.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-08 23:33:09

I don't understand how people can like moe shows, the characters are annoying and the humor is always completely retarded. Shows like that are a bunch of shit.

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-08 23:51:14

At 11/8/10 11:33 PM, DeIirium wrote: I don't understand how people can like moe shows, the characters are annoying and the humor is always completely retarded. Shows like that are a bunch of shit.

That's what I've been trying to say this whole time!
And frankly I have to credit Kermit for declaring this the "No Moe Shit" thread, despite all he's done.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-09 00:57:07

HELLO!!! so do i have to sign up or be accepted into this club? or is it just a place to come and talk about anime ect? im new to newgrounds and i LOVES anime you can tell from my profile haha. soooo lets get a talk going? anyone have any fave anime characters??? some of my faves are Agito from air gear, kenpachi zaraki bleach, the entire band of BECK: mongolian chop squad :P. Id like to be apart of this here group ^.^

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-09 02:35:09

At 11/8/10 10:02 PM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote: That's because there's not much to love.

Obviously people do love them, or otherwise they wouldn't be made.

The thing I was saying is that for some reason the haters are a lot more vocal. Which I think, all things considered, is quite pathetic.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-09 18:59:13

This cutesy moe bullshit fad needs to die. Good anime could be in the works instead.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-09 23:36:58

At 11/9/10 11:07 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Why is it so pathetic to want to voice a distaste and displeasure for an obviously toxic and shallow brand of anime?

Because you're devoting your time to insulting something people like even though there's really little chance of the ones that do like it going:

"Oh really? Your argument is so well thought out that I don't like this kind of anime anymore! Thank you, you have cured me!"

There's even less chance of that happening if your argument consists of "IT'S ALL KAWAII MOESHIT DESU NE~!!!" or whatever it is people say these days.

If people like something, they like it. What's insulting their tastes going to do about it other than start up pointless fights?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-10 00:12:05

At 11/9/10 11:07 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Hibi the sexi cupcake is correct in this case <3

Cupcake, you say?

Also where's that scan from? Obviously not an anime-savvy publication, but still...

Radical Edward is a GIRL! Herp derp!

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-10 08:55:58

Been a while. I see things are pretty much the same around here.

The world god only knows is the best show this season. You should pick it up.

Favorite anime character? Revy. She's such a bro

It's 5 again, the air is thin.

No sunlight through my window.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-10 08:57:05

Also, star driver.

FUCK YEAH BONES

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-10 12:31:22

I watched the first two episodes of Soul Eater and I think the style is really cool, but it's kind of an annoying show so far. And I couldn't help but roll my eyes at that black star kid doing that anime cliche of suddenly unlocking his "hidden power" after getting his ass kicked.

At 11/9/10 12:57 AM, MegaballzDeep wrote: anyone have any fave anime characters???

Lupin, Jigen, Zenigata, Revy, Balalaika, Alucard, Walter Dormez, Alexander Anderson,Spike, Jet, Gene Starwind

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-10 14:28:54

At 11/10/10 01:15 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 11/10/10 08:57 AM, Wesleyiam wrote: Also, star driver.

FUCK YEAH BONES
Oh god no, dropped that show after 1 episode.

LOLBONES bullshit.

It's way too fabulous to not watch

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-10 14:33:32

At 11/8/10 08:05 PM, andycastaneda wrote:
At 11/8/10 07:32 PM, LoliTastic wrote: Your taste in anime is OK.
But K-on? Seriously? You do realize it is a moeshit piece of crap right?
What can I say? I'm a guitar buff.

Check out beck for an anime that's actually about music. not just cute girls doing retarded shit

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-10 18:16:31

At 11/10/10 03:04 PM, LoliTastic wrote: And the whole series has no plot

Not every show has to have an overarching plot.

Just look at, well, most comedy shows.

From what I watched in the show, though, there was a plot in that the characters were trying to start up a successful band and play in the school culture festival. It's not deep, but it's a 'plot'.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-10 21:51:13

Soul Eater is still annoying, but there are cool things about it that are keeping me watching for now.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-10 23:48:41

At 11/9/10 12:57 AM, MegaballzDeep wrote: soooo lets get a talk going? anyone have any fave anime characters???

My favorite 2 characters are {Off the top of my head}:

Kenshiro from HnK. Nothing much needs to be said that has already has been said before about his ultra badassery. When you practice the art of Hokuto Shinken, no one wants a piece of you, or else they would be dead.

Kallen Kouzuki from Code Geass. This is one woman who takes no shit from anyone, and she's pretty hot if I say so myself.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-11 02:19:27

At 11/11/10 12:03 AM, LoliTastic wrote: But it's ridiculous how lacking it is in K-on

It's a comedy series about a group of girls in high school who are trying to develop their band. As far as I remember, each individual episode had their own plots, even if they weren't particularly interesting (there's a 'save up money to buy a guitar by doing part time job' episode, there's a 'let's all go to a beach house' episode, there's a 'culture festival' episode). It's definitely not the least eventful slice of life series (that would probably be Hidamari Sketch which was terribly boring).

There are plenty of reasons to not like the show, first and foremost being that a lot of people don't enjoy that style of cutesy humour and also its rather one-dimensional characters. But I don't think that 'lack of a plot' is really a legitimate criticism for a series that's about showing the day-to-day workings of a high school band (whom, in the real world, don't really do a lot). It's not that sort of series.

Complaining about a slice of life anime not having a plot is like complaining about a dad sitcom not having enough giant robots. I've never seen a dad sitcom that couldn't use a few more robots, but it would be ridiculous to complain about their absence.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-11 11:44:24

Would everyone just stop bitching about K-on!! and it's plot? Just accept the series as what it is, and not what it isn't...

It did entertain me, even if there "was no plot". And it's just stupid to say that, because clearly, every series has a plot, no matter how small it is. They develop as persons, they end their school terms, even though it's not interesting on paper, it did entertain me when I watched it.

Don't judge series on the genre or the topic. I often hear people on NG talk trash about moe series, while they were much better in quality than "serious" series. K-on!! had great visuals and animations, why complain? The characters weren't as flat as you would think they are, they all act through little details, like fidgetting, blinking their eyes, it's these little stuff that makes them incredibly human...

Far more than characters who start conquering the world like it's the most easiest thing out there... In that sense, the behaviour of the characters IS the plot in K-on!!.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-11 12:28:23

At 11/11/10 12:18 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: If it is severely lacking plot intrigue and lacking anything else worth enjoying about it why should it be considered enjoyable to watch, especially since we've established it's like every other series of it's kind?

I'm not trying to convince everyone that it's enjoyable to watch.

I'm just saying that you should take it for what it's trying to be, rather than what you want it to be. You clearly want it to be a completely different type of series. The fact of the matter is that there are people out there that like this style of series (as evidenced by the show's crazy popularity) and its lack of plot development and similarities to other series (that they like) wouldn't be a problem to them.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-11 23:20:43

Can we please stop bitching about K-on! or moe anime please? If you like K-on, then good for you, if not then that's fine, but don't go bashing others who happens to like a particular style of anime. For the love of Christ, you people are complaining about a show that was designed to be entertaining, not to be a deep storyline about justice, philosophy or anything like that.

As I said before, anime fans can be so afraid of change, but that doesn't give you the right to piss and moan about it if you don't like something or if you can't give a damn good reason.

And Kermit, I don't listen to you, Why do you go after me for anyway? Just because I stated my opinion that is different from your bullshit opinion doesn't mean you can blindside me like you did. If you don't have anything productive here to say, then get out and don't come back.

*calming down* I saw some more of Panty and Stocking recently, and I am certainly impressed so far by what I see. Obviously filled to the brim of fanservice {as expected}, but the action and the humor overall is well done, which I expected from Studio Gainax.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-12 04:53:39

At 11/11/10 08:50 PM, LoliTastic wrote: Jesus, you don't have to be such a fucking asshole about it, I don't need to have the same tastes as you ya know.

I thought I was being quite civil, really. I don't know where you got the idea that I was trying to force you to like the show. I've spent a reasonable few posts arguing that that sort of thing was pointless. I even named legitimate reasons (or reasons that I think are legitimate, anyway) to dislike the series.

I don't even like it myself. It's watchable, at best. The only reason I watched the first season was to procrastinate from actually doing some work.

Slice of life shows tend to bore me. Especially those set in high schools now that I'm not in high school anymore. If I were to watch a slice of life I'd prefer something like Aria, where the life that they're slicing is actually interesting (if only it weren't for that god damn cat, ugh).

---

But enough about that. I'm tired of arguing about slice-of-life series as well.

I'm still keeping on watching FMA: Brotherhood. So far it's been almost entirely a retread of the events of the first series, but I guess that's to be expected.

There have been a couple of different episodes to the first series. The first episode was different, though the first episode of the original anime turns up a few episodes later. The episode where they go to the Automail town is also different (I think that one involved an arm wrestling contest of some kind? I don't remember too well) and a lot more action-packed (and child-birth packed).

The humour is still grating, as it is in way too many anime series. But the rest of the show makes up for its faults in that department. I guess you'd probably find the humour funny if you like LOUD NOISES and static images a lot?

It's entertaining enough to keep me watching, anyway. The action is fun.

BBS Signature