00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Weezyfresh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Avengers Drawing Contest

2,646 Views | 18 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-04 22:05:19

Ok here is my second attempt at a contest but this time the prize is not as grand as the TMNT contest was. The prize this time around is a CGC copy of New Avengers 4 with a 9.8 grade and I will also throw in a reading copy of New Avengers 4 as well. This conest will end Sunday October 22 @ 11:59 pm which is plenty of time for people to come up with something I hope.

You can draw any character that has been in the Avengers or any major arch nemesis of that the Avengers has obtained over the years. This is open to all mods, NG staff, all countries, Tom Fulp, Jesus, Satan and anyone else who would like to enter. Remember do not trace and if you think someone has traced point them out to me incase I don't catch it. I doubt too many people are going to be up for this but I wanted to give another a contest a go before I totally gave up on doing them. Just remember to have fun with this and anything is ok since I know everyone is into dicks as of right now. To keep up with NG rules below is a very crappy pic of Ultimate WW2 Cap that I did. Here is a low quality picture of the CGC comic that I took with my web cam.

Avengers Drawing Contest

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-05 08:28:53

*crickets*
:(

You have no luck with contests dude. Maybe I'll make something later, but I'm working on the Halloween zombie thing for now.

Haven't read the second arch of Ultimate Avengers yet though.
sweetness

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-05 11:00:34

At 10/4/06 10:05 PM, Bunny-With-HIV wrote: Ok here is my second attempt at a contest but this time the prize is not as grand as the TMNT contest was.

I'll do one eventually notwithstanding the shame and dishonor I heaped upon my family with my failure in the last contest.

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-05 15:30:43

At 10/5/06 08:28 AM, poxpower wrote: *crickets*
(
You have no luck with contests dude.

Yeah I think I should od done something more set to the 15 year old crowd. I won' be doing another one after this one, but I wanted to conrtribute something good to the art forums one more time. Either way if I get 3 quality posts I would be happy in the end, I am out for quality not quanity.

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-05 16:19:50

Omg no one else soubmit anything good so I win by default!

pic of lil iron man

Avengers Drawing Contest

I hope my sig dosen't come out distorted

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-09 21:52:56

Well the point of this was contest was to get a few good drawings up and hand out a prize to a quality entry, but the Avengers was a bad idea. Either way to give this thread another boost here is another crappy drawing. I was trying to mix modern and older Iron Man together and came up with this junky weird looking thing. Did this with watercolors.

Avengers Drawing Contest

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-10 00:20:59

Does Spider-man count? He was like a reserve avenger for a while . . . and right now in the comics i think hes living in the avengers tower. Also does it have to be your own pose? Like I've done lots of spider-man drawings by looking at another drawing and while not tracing it using it as my basis.

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-10 07:24:03

At 10/10/06 12:20 AM, RadRacer wrote: Does Spider-man count? He was like a reserve avenger for a while . . . and right now in the comics i think hes living in the avengers tower. Also does it have to be your own pose? Like I've done lots of spider-man drawings by looking at another drawing and while not tracing it using it as my basis.

Yes spiderman counts. If you look at some else's pose and draw it line for line then that is still tracing. If you use a picture as a refrence then add your own additions and mix it with your own art style then that is ok. As of right now you would have to submit something traced or a stick figure to lose this contest because the only submission thus far is pretty darn easy to beat.

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-11 07:33:32

Win!

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-11 16:58:06

o damn, looks like i have a cometor . . . have to make a new spidey drawing to beat that one. We still have till october 22nd right?

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-11 17:10:41

Ahhhh, at first I thought you were talking about these avengers (Link)..

I like drawing super heroes so i'll do something in a bit. Can you like, give me a link to a list of the peeps in the avengers :P? I'm sure I probably know some of them.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-11 17:46:01

cool contest.

"To Be The Best You Must Defeat The Best"

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-12 02:11:03

At 10/11/06 06:56 AM, Nounouille wrote: hey hey !

this thread is so empty I thought Id post.
INVISIBLEGIIIIIIIIRRRRLLLLL woo.

lineart done in flash, Ill color with photoshop later on.
enjoy (:

thanks for taking my chances away, no i'll win!!! you just see what I have up my ass!

I hope my sig dosen't come out distorted

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-12 16:13:09

Here's a list of the Avengers (they don't have to be current...right?)
Thor
Henry Pym
The Wasp
Hulk
Captain America
Hawkeye
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Hercules
Black Panther
The Vision
Black Widow
Beast
Hellcat
Wonder Man
Ms. Marvel
Falcon
She-Hulk
Captain Marvel
War Machine
The Thing
Moon Night
USAgent
Human Torch
Spider-Woman
Namor
Mr. Fantastic
The Invisible Woman
Spiderman
Iron Man
Ant-Man
Luke Cage
Sentry
and Wolverine

There are many more; those are just the ones that people will actually recognise somewhat.

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-22 11:00:18

At 10/22/06 10:36 AM, Nounouille wrote: do I win now ?

Yeah
I'd say that's pretty much the end of that contest haha.

Sorry bunny

BBS Signature

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-22 12:00:59

At 10/22/06 11:00 AM, poxpower wrote:
Yeah
I'd say that's pretty much the end of that contest haha.

Sorry bunny

I agree that is the end of this contest. Nounouille pm me with your shipping information. I will get it out as soon as I can which should be within a couple days at the very max. I am not sure of the United States international shipping procedures in these post 9/11 days so hopefully there are no surprises along the way.

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-22 19:47:59

yeah i had one that probalby woulda beat the uncolored version . . . but the colored one!! DAMN! good job man (crys in corner over lost comic books)

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-22 20:02:22

Yes. By much.

Response to Avengers Drawing Contest 2006-10-22 20:07:55

Nounouille, I cant say I expected less from you :P Good work ;)
You always impress me