00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Reisaki just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Monthly Voting, Random News

16,709 Views | 166 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 14:18:50

I would like to draw with tablet; but I draw with mouse all the time.

I can't afford a tablet at the time which sucks.
Oh, and I'm not popular.

=[ i will be =D

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 15:37:32

I'm not a very popular artist, but I do need a tablet....

so if you have any left over, send one to me, and I'll start working

(knows that he has no chance :( )

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 15:54:10

Sigh, i'm quite a good artist.

But I can't afford a Wacom.
-
Congratulations to everyone who will receive a Wacom,
and i'm looking forward to the halloween entries that will
be shortly arriving in the Flash portal.

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 15:58:56

johnnyutah did a awesome job on the halloween header,as for the wacom tablets....

i could use one.... really tom if your willing i will take one. i hate drawing with a mouse i am no good at it. i am damn good using a pencil and pen.

oh man. i dont get to vote on the best of september well theres always next mouth, i suppose. i really hope i get to vote on the best of october

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 16:10:03

For the Halloween contest, is it just movies or games aswell? I read it was games and movies earlier, but on the link given it says only movies. So which is it?

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 16:16:45

At 10/4/06 04:10 PM, Jamestrong wrote: For the Halloween contest, is it just movies or games aswell? I read it was games and movies earlier, but on the link given it says only movies. So which is it?

both i think...

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 17:05:20

I'm looking foward to seeing the best of september, hopefully ill be able to vote soon...
lol riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 17:26:33

That's not dante on the cover.

STOOPID!!

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 18:03:22

I didn't know Marc. M. submitted Murshaq to NG.

Hopefully he wins.

<3

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 18:59:27

hi tom,

Our team member Paul ter Voorde doesnt have a wacom. He still animates with mouse, so that would help a ton

Toonimated team

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 19:45:45

At 10/4/06 06:59 PM, Toonimated wrote: hi tom,

Our team member Paul ter Voorde doesnt have a wacom. He still animates with mouse, so that would help a ton

Toonimated team

Paul is crazy without a wacom, lol. His drawing's are better than most that I see from a wacom drawing.

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 19:54:11

I need a wacom !!!!

Why... why...

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 20:22:05

Cool, you're in gameinformer.

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 20:39:49

How do I know if I'm one of the top 2000?

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 20:41:21

At 10/4/06 08:39 PM, JediKiller1 wrote: How do I know if I'm one of the top 2000?

You see the "Vote on the best on ______" Button in your profile, lol.
Basically, you have to be on NG for a while, I guess. Make sure you're active and deposit as much as possible.
I thought you had to be in the top 2,000 exp(like, level 13+), but apparently you don't :D

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 20:45:08

I'm an artist who needs a tablet really bad! But I make backgrounds and sigs, thats why I want a tablet so I can draw other stuff!

IT WAS ALL A DREAM.

Thank you CagedSilhoutte for the sexy ass sig!

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 21:01:35

At 10/3/06 07:58 PM, TomFulp wrote: who are some popular artists on the site who are still drawing with the mouse and would like to upgrade to a tablet?

Tom! I know this is six pages in but please!!!!! hook me up with a tablet! please! It would would come in so handy for my universe it course!

this is what we're learning this year (I LOVE BRAGGING!):

C, java, AS, HTML, XHTML, CSS, MAYA, Photoshop

Tom. hook me up!

I hate everyone!

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 21:02:40

Well i'm in the popular artists list when I submit where it says "We also have new submissions by the following popular artists." I used to have a very crappy $50 table by medion but it broke. It would mean the world to me If I were entered into some giveaway to win a drawing tablet, because I can whip up some very neat art with them. I was thinking about entering the halloween contest, too.

You could really go for a chocolate chip cookie right about now...

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 21:04:35

At 10/4/06 08:22 PM, Seasons wrote: Cool, you're in gameinformer.

Yeah I saw that ad page in the magazine, I was like O_O. I grabbed the mag from my friend bryan. It had alot of stuff I never knew about the behemoth.

You could really go for a chocolate chip cookie right about now...

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 21:30:52

At 10/3/06 07:58 PM, TomFulp wrote: We've started a recent initiative to provide WACOM tablets to needy artists who have been drawing with the mouse. The idea originally came from Dan Paladin of Alien Hominid / the Behemoth fame and we will be making it a regular giveaway. I'm feeling antsy, so I thought I would ask - who are some popular artists on the site who are still drawing with the mouse and would like to upgrade to a tablet?

I love drawing, and I'm using a mouse. I really like the idea of the monthly art contest too. I will be participating as much as possible. I don't know much about tablets though.

:)

WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 21:41:12

I'm on it (halloween stuff)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna make a Stickman Sam-style game. With zombies and stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 23:20:47

At 10/3/06 08:14 PM, MetalDart wrote: I'm over 3650 experience, yet I'm only Ranked # 2,549. It's top 2000 ACTIVE users. I believe you have to have at least 3000 exp., deposit your experience most days for each month, and (maybe) bbs and portal activity.

Trust me, you don't need BBS and portal activity ;) A look at my total number of posts and submissions should tell you that.

I think that Tom's Wacom initiative is a very interesting idea. I have another one that might also be really cool. How about this:

Newgrounds can buy wacom tablets in bulk (which would make the price per tablet be fairly low) and them sell them to Newgrounds users who want one for roughly the same price that they originally cost. To prevent abuse, perhaps the Newgrounds user would first have to be active for a few months (to prevent people from signing up JUST for the deal and then leaving).

I, for example, would love to have a wacom. Of course I don't expect to get one free as I haven't yet submitted a single animation (I can't draw with a mouse, so I'm scanning hundreds of pencil drawings to make my first one). But I would love to buy one at a lower cost. I think that this would be a very nice thing for Newgrounds to offer, and it would probably make the quality of submissions get higher overall. Also, you'd get more artists signing up.

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-04 23:42:11

A wacom tablet would be sooooooo good...mouse is so frustrating!!!
Anyway, I was wondering, because I can't be bothered looking through the whole thread, has Tom actually defined what a popular artist is? Is it someone who gets in the list of "submissions by popular atists" or whatever...but that's alot of people though....I find it hard to believe NG could give away that many tablets, or maybe your going by batting average...or maybe tom's regretting saying he'd give away tablets after the amount of pm's hes probly been getting!

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-05 00:42:08

I'm definatly not popular but I've dreamed about Wacom tablets, especially the ones with the screens, that would make life alot more easier than drawing with this little mouse. Its awesome to knkow you guys really like to help out your fans and friends (:

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-05 01:18:22

You can be sure that I got my votes in for this month! Like any right that has been earned, it should be exercised. Nice Halloween theme going on here, btw!

Pain is irrelevant, there is only pain.

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-05 02:30:19

I wonder how gruesome you're dick is Tom.

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-05 04:55:56

Making music is fun!

YaY

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-05 05:02:35

Don't know if I am a popular artist but I will give it a shot! I would really love a tablet :)

Check my profile for those who want to see my work. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-05 09:02:46

At 10/3/06 07:58 PM, TomFulp wrote: Voting for the best of September is now taking place! If you were one of the top 2,000 ranking users who was active last month, you should see a link to VOTE when you access your account options page.

Raising the filesize limit sure has made it difficult to choose the best movies and games this month. I must have spent a good hour making my selection this time, as opposed to about 15 minutes just checking out the titles of the animations I loved

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voting, Random News 2006-10-05 09:29:41

i'm an artist that needs an art pad.
unfortunately i'm not a popular artist (i didn't submit anything yet) so, damn.

sigh :(

Taste the rainbow.

BBS Signature