00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

senoritaspie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Photography

134,902 Views | 1,889 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 04:49:11

And another Duck pic i have 2 more after this but i ill wait till someone posts again...

~X~

Photography

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 13:30:35

Got some good muted colors yesterday on the parking structure.

Photography

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 13:33:48

At 9/19/06 01:30 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Got some good muted colors yesterday on the parking structure.

No reference for the height so it looks really tall, which is cool. Lots of contrast between the building and the sky too, gives a really nice shape to the building.

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 13:43:26

Mmmm... rust.

A few months ago at a train station somewhere in austria...

Photography

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 13:52:47

At 9/19/06 01:43 PM, HeRetiK wrote: Mmmm... rust.

A few months ago at a train station somewhere in austria...

I've been taking a big bunch of photos of rust for a sculpture project for school -- when you're looking for it it's absolutely everywhere!

crazy!

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 13:57:50

At 9/19/06 01:52 PM, GobHoblin wrote: I've been taking a big bunch of photos of rust for a sculpture project for school -- when you're looking for it it's absolutely everywhere!

This photo was part of a college project dedicated to dirt and decay. There's indeed a lot of it if you just search for it!

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 15:16:50

At 9/19/06 01:30 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Got some good muted colors yesterday on the parking structure.

Your realy good at photography :D i love the shades of colours. Do you take your camera everywhere?

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 16:15:04

Horses...

Photography

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 16:18:02

And ducks. Or swans. Whatever.

These guys actually posed for me. They stopped when i set up the shot, then went their merry way right after i took the picture.

Photography

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 16:29:34

At 9/19/06 03:16 PM, fuzz wrote: Your realy good at photography :D i love the shades of colours. Do you take your camera everywhere?

Thanks :). Yeah, I got in the habit of leaving a cheaper dig camera in my backpack. I used to always see things I wanted to take pictures of, but not have a camera, so I bought a cheap digital camera used and now I take pictures with that.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 16:30:44

At 9/19/06 04:18 PM, Peregrinus wrote: And ducks. Or swans. Whatever.

Or geese? lol
Good couple of pictures!

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 16:35:47

At 9/19/06 04:30 PM, GobHoblin wrote:
At 9/19/06 04:18 PM, Peregrinus wrote: And ducks. Or swans. Whatever.
Or geese? lol

I class that under "whatever"

Good couple of pictures!

Yay digital camera....

Eventually, I'd like to get a better quality camera. The one I have now isn't too good for close-up pictures.

One last pic for now:

A wild pot plant :P

Photography

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 17:25:24

Eventually, I'd like to get a better quality camera. The one I have now isn't too good for close-up pictures.

What kind of camera do you have now? I tried out a macro lense today and they give really good quality images, the focus on them is great, you get the target sharp and the surroundings blurred, but in high contrast.
I found one for my camera, as well as a fisheye, so adding that to my wishlist!

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 17:36:32

Sorry for the double post, everytime I click "Post it!" I realise I should have attached a photo.

I'm not sure if I like this one or not, its two A4 playing cards, with the idea of the Jack capturing the Joker and locking him up. Let me know what you think, I might try and re-shoot it in a different way..

Photography

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 17:47:09

Here's mine! (Click on pic for bigger version)

[URL=http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?im
age=dsci0013tk3.jpg][IMG]http://img177.ima
ges..4/dsci0013tk3.th.jpg
[/IMG][/URL]

and

[URL=http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?im
age=dsci0009zp0.jpg][IMG]http://img241.ima
ges..1/dsci0009zp0.th.jpg
[/IMG][/URL]

newskies. The Problems of the Future- oh nay!

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 17:47:47

Very nice photos man. Do you have an obsesion with clowns though?

IT WAS ALL A DREAM.

Thank you CagedSilhoutte for the sexy ass sig!

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 17:50:57

sry for double post

Flower

and

My dead bunny (living version)

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 17:56:23

>< wont work... another try

Bunny (dead)

Flower

i hope it works this time xD
sry for three posts, I'm new here...

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 18:04:32

At 9/19/06 05:47 PM, Russ3ll wrote: Very nice photos man. Do you have an obsesion with clowns though?

Hehe, umm not intentionally but I think so! It's such a great character, and the guy who dresses up for me is always up for helping me out, so most of my photos are of him.

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 19:06:21

Let there be light.

Photography

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 20:14:58

OBEY HYPNO TOAD!

Photography

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 20:16:16

At 9/19/06 08:14 PM, wwwyzzerdd wrote: OBEY HYPNO TOAD!

That is a fat toad! What camera/lense is that?

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 20:21:27

At 9/19/06 08:16 PM, Zach wrote: That is a fat toad! What camera/lense is that?

Normal Sony DSC-W30; 6MP (the bastard cousin of Wade's camera); no added lenses though. I didn't zoom in, I did it the old fashion way; catching his ass, then shoving a camera in his face.

Photography

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 22:07:24

And duck 3

lots of great photos everyone...

~X~

Photography

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2006-09-19 22:09:03

and now the finished work with all the ducks together in one shot i like it, i have something going on where i may make a second...

~X~

Photography

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2006-09-20 02:09:53

At 9/19/06 10:09 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: and now the finished work with all the ducks together in one shot i like it, i have something going on where i may make a second...

~X~

I think the last one is the best, photos of ducks doesn't realy appeal to me, but the last has a nice sillouette look to it.

Response to Photography 2006-09-20 03:53:11

Hmm, my pictures are kind of big, so I'll just post links.

http://www.dimlights..os/summer/sunset.jpg

http://www.dimlights..s/091606/mantis1.jpg

http://www.dimlights..606/dan_skating4.jpg

http://www.dimlights..606/dan_skating1.jpg

http://www.dimlights..otos/091606/frog.jpg

http://www.dimlights..er/breastDesktop.jpg

I've been doing photography seriously for about a year... it's really more difficult than you'd think. I read some of the arguments from the first and second pages, but I disagree entirely with what Jesus had to say (haha). Photography is a very technical art, and without either the knowledge of how to produce good photography nor the artistic sense to truly capture the essence of a scene, you come up with the same old stuff.

That's in no way me bragging. I have an incredibly long way to go before I'll be satisfied with my stuff... but every day it's coming closer and closer to that far away goal :)

Great stuff Zach, by the way. I hope you didn't post this already, but what kind of equipment do you shoot with and where are all those clowns coming from? :D

Response to Photography 2006-09-20 05:06:52

At 9/20/06 03:53 AM, Doodler wrote: http://www.dimlights..os/summer/sunset.jpg

Beautiful, great composition, the width really works well with the photo. It looks like the clouds formed just for you, everythings positioned perfectly. Only thing I don't like is the people, I would have photoshopped them out.

http://www.dimlights..606/dan_skating4.jpg

I like this one more than the other skating photo. Theres a focus on the skateboard but your eyes are drawn towards the person because of the large X made by the walls, sky and floor.

http://www.dimlights..er/breastDesktop.jpg

Had to comment this because it was the first I looked at, I never saw the name, but as it was loading I was thinking "what's the hell is this photo" and then a long "ohhhhhh!". Very strange, in a way it's subtle because it seems to fit in the picture well unlike if you had a green alien stood between the two bowls. So good job on smuggling the breast into the meal!

I've been doing photography seriously for about a year... it's really more difficult than you'd think. I read some of the arguments from the first and second pages, but I disagree entirely with what Jesus had to say (haha). Photography is a very technical art, and without either the knowledge of how to produce good photography nor the artistic sense to truly capture the essence of a scene, you come up with the same old stuff.

Your photographs look very professional, they all look well planned and executed. What equipment do you use? I assume you use digital, simply because I struggle in taking anything half good on a film camera.

Great stuff Zach, by the way. I hope you didn't post this already, but what kind of equipment do you shoot with and where are all those clowns coming from? :D

I have said but I'll say it again, I have a very cheap tripod, Olympus E-500 with twin lenses and occasionally borrow a flashgun from my friends dad. The clown is mask my mate bought last halloween, but I think I'm going to try and make some of my own and do some dark circus style photography sometime in the next month.

Response to Photography 2006-09-20 05:18:00

At 9/20/06 05:06 AM, Zach wrote: I like this one more than the other skating photo. Theres a focus on the skateboard but your eyes are drawn towards the person because of the large X made by the walls, sky and floor.

Haha, see, that's one of those things that worked for reasons that I couldn't explain until you pointed it out. Good call. I have a really bad time with getting the lines in my pictures to work as well as they should... it's one of my bigger struggles right now.

Your photographs look very professional, they all look well planned and executed. What equipment do you use? I assume you use digital, simply because I struggle in taking anything half good on a film camera.

Thanks! I'm shooting on a Canon Digital Rebel XT. My primary lenses right now are a Tamron 28-75 F/2.8 and a brand new Canon 70-200L F/4.0. Mmmmm. L. All of those pictures except for the sunset and the breast were taken last weekend, and were the first that I've made with the 70-200L. It's a great piece of work.

For some reason, though, I still don't have a tripod... a wide angle lens would be nice too.

I have said but I'll say it again, I have a very cheap tripod, Olympus E-500 with twin lenses and occasionally borrow a flashgun from my friends dad. The clown is mask my mate bought last halloween, but I think I'm going to try and make some of my own and do some dark circus style photography sometime in the next month.

Cool. I've heard great things about the new Olympus DSLR's, and obviously their quality is up to snuff from the pictures you've submitted.

Anyway, I'm realy honored that you commented on my work, and I hope we continue this thread :) If not, we should stay in touch. Your brain seems mighty useful to leech knowledge from.

Response to Photography 2006-09-20 06:31:06

At 9/20/06 05:18 AM, Doodler wrote: Thanks! I'm shooting on a Canon Digital Rebel XT.

A guy at college was looking at a Canon Rebel yesterday, it was around the same price as my E500 so I said I'd bring it in for him to try out.

Cool. I've heard great things about the new Olympus DSLR's, and obviously their quality is up to snuff from the pictures you've submitted.

When I bought it there were two salesman, one fighting for the Olympus and one for the Canon model, but the Olympus just appealed to me more.

Anyway, I'm realy honored that you commented on my work, and I hope we continue this thread :) If not, we should stay in touch. Your brain seems mighty useful to leech knowledge from.

No problem about the comments, doesn't seem like many other people are critiquing work in this thread, I hope that changes because it's always nice when somebody says something and recognises that you posted.
Do you have a deviant art? If so I'll add you to my watch list.