00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DecoQliao just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sprite Club

505,240 Views | 8,375 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sprite Club 2007-05-23 08:26:53

oh and at spriters resourece please give credit where they ask for it and where it is due.
(they also give tutorials for som specific areas)

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2007-06-07 03:40:09

can i join? i make sprite animations. Also, can some rip/link me to me a full sprite sheet of Shishio from Jump! Ultimate Stars?

Response to Sprite Club 2007-06-11 04:14:28

I am so joining this. I'll wait for approval though, before i put it in my sig.

My email adress it noobantichrist@gmail.com (sorry, N-Antichrist, but i didn't know you when i made this!) and my alias is...well....Searp3nt.

My favourite sprite website is probably http://www.gsarchives.net/index2.php, 'cause it doesn't have spritesheets...how i hate spritesheets.....

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2007-06-13 16:56:49

Not as many spriters as there used to be I see ^^;

Dang what happened to all the originals? =/ I really miss those sprite contests.

Response to Sprite Club 2007-06-22 10:12:09

Well I'd like to join.

My alias is DJKazuya
and my email adress is Doicestar@hotmail.com

I've been a sprite fan for a long time now, about 2 years, at first, (when i was young an impatient) i tried, and gave up. so i'm back for another go!

I'd currently like to wok on a Metal Slug Flash. Not to sure on a name though...
But i guarantee, that the storie will be original. i'll check back here if i have some problems with it... Thanks guys!

"Maybe the most any of us can expect of ourselves isn't perfection but progress."

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2007-06-24 16:49:15

I would like to join, my alias: ironraven24 email: blueblade_@hotmail.com
Also me and Cenetaurman are working ona Megaman sprite video and were planning on realeasing the first ep. on July 22nd.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2007-06-25 00:19:12

Hi, you may not have noticed, but I joined this place like, exactly a year ago. I quit because I realized nobody would read my comics, not like they were good anyways. I decided to drop by and see what's going on. I last spoke here around 22 pages back. So, what's up? And by the way, I might return once more to this club. Ahh, the memories.

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2007-06-25 13:27:14

Has anyone seen the Hokuto No Ken/Fist Of The North Star new game? The sprites are fantastic, When I saw a video I thought it was 3D.

Omae wa mo.... shindeiru.

Sprite Club

The cake is a spy... hahaha no

Response to Sprite Club 2007-06-26 19:10:23

At 6/26/07 06:29 AM, TheSPA wrote: creator of SPA at ur service

Lol, good to know someones watching out for spriters...

In other new i've been tinkering around with metal slug sprites and come up with this...

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1835/finis hedmetalslugflashib1.swf

"Maybe the most any of us can expect of ourselves isn't perfection but progress."

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2007-06-26 19:13:45

Sorry, messed up the link...

Metal Slug Flash (crappy)

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2007-06-26 19:31:25

Hey does anyone know where i can get metal bed sprites similar to the ones in hunter Zero?

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2007-06-26 19:35:29

I'm down! I'm currently working on a movie between fierce deity link and mewtwo. I wish to join! Is there a preloader already, because I can make one! my e-mail is michaelawinans@aol.com My name is obviously Michael!

Become a shape!

Check out my site

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2007-06-26 22:59:32

At 3/10/03 12:58 AM, the-unknown-soldier wrote: whats a good sprite site?

spriters-resource.com is great site that has a lot of neat and quality sprites from classic games such as street fighter and the legend of zelda (which has some awesome sprites!)

Become a shape!

Check out my site

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2007-06-27 23:37:54

Personally, i use Sprite Database. It has LOADS of sprites and backgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2007-07-07 01:13:33

Well, i would post sprites i've made if i was any good with them...

on a different subject, i've scrapped the metal slug idea, and am now working on a KOF flash with Mukai as the main character (Mukai Spritesheet ). I chose Mukai purely on the fact that there were alot of spites to work with... and cause he(obviously) looks very cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2007-07-22 13:25:02

heres some sprites

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2007-07-24 18:06:21

SAMUS SPRITE WITH BACKGROUND

I was just working on this. I thought id make a new one and post it here. I havent been here in awhile. =\ But anyway i hope ya enjoy it. ^_^

spookymagician

I banned myself. (I give up on newgrounds...)

Response to Sprite Club 2007-07-26 01:42:46

Hey guys. I'm recruiting members to join our Sprite TV 2 collab. We're looking for talented sprite artists who can come up with some original material for it. We currently have 6 members (including me) participating.

If you're interested, come by the thread and express what you wish to make. Or better yet, bring a sample.

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2007-07-26 02:57:55

Can I join the club? I've made 6 sprite movies

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2007-08-09 06:47:47

I got some WIP's in my sheezyart gallery. I need more practice with editing sprites. I need to learn how to do some few things.

1) How to cut pieces of certain sprites and paste them to another different one to mix and match. + which tools and tactics are used best.

2)How to make a sprite background sienery, backgrounds used in for sprite flash relating to Megaman Zero/ZX themed flash

3) How to improve on re-coloring sprites so they look more decent.

Wanna see my stuff, Look in here. http://tanooki.john.sheezyart.com

And I use Adobe Photoshop 6.0 and MSPaint

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2007-08-10 19:32:08

Here's my sprite. Meet Josh. I have a club like this if anyone wants to join

Here's Josh and here's his sprite sheet

Response to Sprite Club 2007-08-10 19:36:52

At 8/10/07 07:32 PM, Josta5 wrote: Here's my sprite. Meet Josh. I have a club like this if anyone wants to join

I'm sorry to say, but those custom sprites that you made suck. All you did was change the color of Luigi's suit to gray and his shirt red. :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2007-08-10 20:56:44

At 8/10/07 07:36 PM, Seamonky wrote:
At 8/10/07 07:32 PM, Josta5 wrote: Here's my sprite. Meet Josh. I have a club like this if anyone wants to join
I'm sorry to say, but those custom sprites that you made suck. All you did was change the color of Luigi's suit to gray and his shirt red. :/

Yeah, but you would never bellive how long it trook me to make this on Paint since I didn't have GraphicsGale. I don't see what's wrong with him. Why don't you try it, huh? 'Fraid you can't do the same f*ckin' thing? Jealous 'cause I can do it and you can't? Huh?

Here's Josh and here's his sprite sheet

Response to Sprite Club 2007-08-10 21:51:38

At 8/10/07 08:56 PM, Josta5 wrote: Yeah, but you would never bellive how long it trook me to make this on Paint since I didn't have GraphicsGale. I don't see what's wrong with him. Why don't you try it, huh? 'Fraid you can't do the same f*ckin' thing? Jealous 'cause I can do it and you can't? Huh?

-I knew you were going to say something like that. "Why don't you go make some sprites, ehehehe..." Man, sounds like complaining on your part. By the way, I don't make sprites and I don't plan to since I don't like making sprites.
-Jealous? Man, your stupid... :/
-Afraid? Hahahaha!
-I just gave my opinion on how your sprites looked and I bet most of the Newgrounders here would agree with me that those sprites that you made suck ass. :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2007-08-10 22:41:06

At 8/10/07 08:56 PM, Josta5 wrote: Yeah, but you would never bellive how long it trook me to make this on Paint since I didn't have GraphicsGale. I don't see what's wrong with him. Why don't you try it, huh? 'Fraid you can't do the same f*ckin' thing? Jealous 'cause I can do it and you can't? Huh?

I have tried it. It's not that hard. By the way, I did this ENTIRELY in paint last year. What did I do? See for yourself.

Oh, and nobody is jealous of Luigi with a different shirt.

Response to Sprite Club 2007-08-12 07:11:42

If it's possible, could someone make me some Sonic Advanced styled Amy (sonic) sprites with her wearing something like the Organization XIII coat? You will get special thanks in my flash credits, as well as probably being comemorated in the reviews. It wouldn't have to be like a whole sprite sheet, maybe just one or two animation poses and the body parts (head, body, arms, and probably a walking animation, since the cloak would cover her legs).

Response to Sprite Club 2007-08-13 17:35:55

Hey guys, what do you think of This? Tell me what you think?

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2007-08-13 17:55:09

At 8/13/07 05:35 PM, Tanooki-John wrote: Hey guys, what do you think of This? Tell me what you think?

Tell you the truth, it isn't very interesting. Well, mostly because it's a phone booth.

Response to Sprite Club 2007-08-13 19:36:35

At 8/12/07 02:00 AM, Adidaas wrote: Yup, I sure agree. Suck ass, nah I wouldn't said that, more like pretty whack.

You get what I'm saying.

I made an RMXP sprite off the guy in that last page with gun and whatnot. I like it.

Now that's what I call originality. I like how it's animated too. Sorta looks like a pokemon trainer for some odd reason. :/

Hey guys, what do you think of This? Tell me what you think?

It's ok. I agree with Twone on this one. :)

BBS Signature