00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArmoredRed just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac6 - August

39,344 Views | 579 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 01:02:07

At 8/10/06 07:53 PM, Johnny_Utah wrote:
'K I'll have my song ready in a week, or two.
just kidding.

The song is done, it was done before I ever posted that. Im just not to submit 2 songs in the same week.

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 01:14:31

At 8/10/06 11:08 PM, PrinceG wrote:
At 8/10/06 08:13 PM, VWVSTATICVWV wrote: Arbiter ,
We do have a pm system >.>

He was probably going for it to get more posts xD

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 02:17:34

Time for some music that makes you want to go kick some ass.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 03:05:38

At 8/11/06 02:17 AM, RussianDumbass wrote: Time for some music that makes you want to go kick some ass.

Don't worry heavy stuff is on the way! >: D

Current stand...

Classical submission:

WinTang - March of the Tankmen

Syntrus - generic tragedy music

_Arbiter_ - MAC6 - TANKMEN Theme

Metal submissions:

darkkloud - Tank world

darkkloud - The Marching

DnB submissions:

Cerrax - The Tankmen Are Coming!

Miscellaneous submissions:

-ZEENON- - Tankmen--_--

I hope I set all the links right. : /

@ RUCKLO

I copy and pasted the code so if you wanna use it for the next "current stands" gimme a shout out! You know where to find me! >: (

loL

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 03:11:36

At 8/11/06 03:05 AM, DarKsidE_555 wrote:
At 8/11/06 02:17 AM, RussianDumbass wrote:
Don't worry heavy stuff is on the way! >: D

Tell me when it's done, ok? :)

-ZEENON- - Tankmen--_--

Ponzjew - Tankman Intro

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 03:20:43

At 8/11/06 03:11 AM, _Arbiter_ wrote:
Tell me when it's done, ok? :)

Sure thing. :D

Hey, when did Ponzjew enter? Damn...he submitted to the portal not telling that he would enter here! Damn...>: (

Here we go again...

Current stand...

Classical submission:

WinTang - March of the Tankmen

Syntrus - generic tragedy music

_Arbiter_ - MAC6 - TANKMEN Theme

Metal submissions:

darkkloud - Tank world

darkkloud - The Marching

DnB submissions:

-ZEENON- - Tankmen--_--

Ponzjew - tankman intro

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 04:46:16

I am so ridiculously going to enter this competition. Perfect chance for me to test out my new rig! :D

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 04:50:56

At 8/11/06 04:46 AM, CptnJarrrrrydn wrote: I am so ridiculously going to enter this competition. Perfect chance for me to test out my new rig! :D

OH NOEZ! If jarry's gonna enter we're all gonna die!! : (

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 04:53:35

At 8/11/06 04:50 AM, DarKsidE_555 wrote: OH NOEZ! If jarry's gonna enter we're all gonna die!! : (

Now that kinda sucks.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 06:51:20

i can't seem to find any inspiration to make a track for this at the moment, just getting the feeling right is a bastard, i have got a guitar riff going, similar to 'teenage kicks' by the undertones and thats it, no direction, no sound and no inspiration : (

oh well it's only the 11th so ive plenty of time to sort something out.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 08:53:56

I skimmed through five pages of posts, so excuse me if I missed something.

To the CD idea: We should collaborate with Tom to get these CDs in the NG online store! Also, Tom would probably have connections to a professional place that could press and package these CDs in large volumes for cheap. I'm not dissing on your CD making skills (to whoever suggested the idea), but if this idea really takes off, that would be the most cost-efficient way of doing it.

The profits from the sales could go towards prizes and other sorts of things for upcoming MAC6s, not to mention that this would get the AP's name out even more. Thoughts anyone?

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 08:59:09

Okay ... sorry for double posting ... but there are a couple more things I want to address.

1 :: There seems to be a loophole here. Why would people buy CDs if they can just DL the music for free?
2 :: If CDs are to be made, they CANNOT be made from the mp3s we uploaded to the AP. I mean, that's the exact kind of thievery the iTunes Music Store gets away with - selling COMPRESSED CONTENT for almost the same price as the ORIGINAL. If we're gonna make people pay for these things, they should be of quality, right?

Basically, for this to work, A: There needs to be some incentive to buy the CD instead of just DLing the tunes from our pages, and B: We need to find some organized way for the top ten artists to get their RAW wavs to the CD maker.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 10:17:24

Ponzjew - tankman intro

very cool!

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 11:07:29

I'd like to ask Utah;

If i use the word "Tankmen" in my song and it does not get picked, will i still be able to distribute it on the internet without having any legal issues? Just had to ask, i know it sounds stupid but i'd rather not make a song then get f*cked by copyrights and have to keep it to myself all my life, cause it's gonna be good :D

Thanks.

BTW: If the answer to question above is YES, i'm in :)

I HAS MYSPACES

__^^ check it ^^__

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 11:27:32

Cerrax, The Tankmen Are Coming!:

Rox!! Nice job, Cerrax.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 11:46:07

At 8/11/06 11:07 AM, T7online wrote: I'd like to ask Utah;

If i use the word "Tankmen" in my song and it does not get picked, will i still be able to distribute it on the internet without having any legal issues? Just had to ask, i know it sounds stupid but i'd rather not make a song then get f*cked by copyrights and have to keep it to myself all my life, cause it's gonna be good :D

Thanks.

BTW: If the answer to question above is YES, i'm in :)

The term's been around since before my flash, so I think you're gonna be alright. If it will help you sleep at night, just put a space in there like "Tank Men Theme"...or a dash "Tank-Men"

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 11:54:56

No, i'm not THAT worried, thanks for letting me know :)

Then i guess i'll be entering the contest too.

I HAS MYSPACES

__^^ check it ^^__

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 11:55:51

Or:

Tankdudes
Tankchaps
Tank inhabitants of the male sex

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 13:06:13

@ Utah - Read your PM. I'm in a hurry here, going in 20 minutes.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 13:58:00

phew! that took awhile. I hope this is relatively tankmen-ish. :P

here ya go-
Tankmen Attack!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 14:27:56

Man you guys are pumping these songs out quickly. I still only have the basic idea for my submission.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 15:15:39

Whoa, a Tankmen Theme song? Now That is going to be cool. I wonder who'll win...I'll see what I can do, I might be able to make a Tankmen themesong. Even though I may have no audio, I know how to rock n' roll, so hopefully I'll submit a quality Theme song. See y'all later, I'm gonna det crackin' on it.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 16:26:52

I hope you guys are ready for a submission that's a little "different" =)

Please have a looksie :D

T7th Avenue (Tankmen theme)

T7th Avenue is a fusion jazz/electronica piece, i hope you like it, i worked pretty hard on it :)

I HAS MYSPACES

__^^ check it ^^__

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 18:04:34

At 8/11/06 02:34 PM, Deflektor76 wrote: No need to rush.Take your time to make a good song!

EXACTLY my thoughts.

Please make sure that the submission you post here is the one you actually want to compete with. I don´t want anyone submitting anything here, waiting for respons..-. OPS ppl thought my song sucked, i´ll withraw it and post a new one... therefore;

FROM NOW ON, ALL SUBMISSIONS THAT ARE SUBMITTED STAYS, THERE WILL BE NO OPPURTUNITY TO WITHDRAW AND THEN COME BACK WITH A NEW ONE!!!
If you have a DAMN GOOD REASON, this might be possible, but yeah, what I´m trying to say is that you THINK before you;
A - submit to the portal
B - submit to the contest.

The only option there is, is to withdraw alltogether, and even if YOU might think that everyone elses submissions rocks and that your own contest entry sucks, You still don´t know if YOUR song is the perfect song that Utah is looking for!!!

So please THINK! Read the very first post, and THINK before you submit your song, for your own sake!

(for my sake it´s awsome to see alot of submissions, of course, but i´d prefer to see few good songs in the contest instead of 100 half-crappy ones... I´m sure Utah and most of you guys would agree deep down, right?! :)
I am pointing this out because in the previous one there were a couple of changes in the entries, quite close to the closing of the sign-up too. And allthough the chaning itself is not a big issue for me personally, I can see other contestants getting slightly annoyed when the line-up suddenly changes... also, if everyone do their best BEFORE submitting, we´ll have a much higher quality of the contest entries, making it all alot more interesting.
This is NOT me coming down on the entries so far, i´ve heard only two, since i´m on dial up, and they were both awsome in my opinion!!! :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-11 20:02:25

At 8/11/06 02:27 PM, speedmetalmessiah wrote: Man you guys are pumping these songs out quickly. I still only have the basic idea for my submission.

haha, I just read about this...this morning...and after doing some vocals for somethin else...I fucking rocked together a rather fun thing....but I have to wait till 9 pm my time to post it, cause I already posted two songs today. (From the LOP trilogy)
Some awesome ones though already!! FOr sure.
Rock on fuckers.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-12 00:09:53

Well here's one. I had to blow this one out before really workin on a "serious" one. Kinda like A-Team meats Ace of Base. WTF?! haha. Well its really the most I wanted to work on these riffs. Good and "Theme like" Haha. Enjoy fuckers

Bad Mans Weird Tank Thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-12 03:01:07

here is my music. It is 51 seconds i believe. I made it short and repeatable meaning that you can repeat it or end it and it will great.
http://newgrounds.co..000669&sub=58366
i hope i get somewhere with this because i have a great passion for making music used for like themes songs. :)

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-12 03:10:19

Well, here it is. My entry for Mac6 :D. Some of the oldschool AP dudes might remember this ;).

All I have to say is that this is probably my most evil guitar tone yet. Oh, and unfortunately I didn't get to master it because I don't have all my 1337 tools installed, but meh, it sounds fine as it is :).

Johnny, in the unlikely event that I win, and the song is too long, it can be cut up no worries ;D

Arrr CptnJarrrrydn - Tankment (DS revisited) - NEW/OLD

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-12 03:35:22

lol my music is so corney compared to
all this metal
i suck at macking metal even though im
really into doom metal and stuff
this sux

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-12 03:55:35

I think corny is what Johnny is after ;). Unfortunately, I'm not so good at the whole corny thing :(.