00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

402,193 Views | 6,203 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-09-18 00:25:06

At 9/17/10 02:39 PM, dogpup4 wrote: New Sarah Jane Adventures series 4 clip. Probably not even worthy of posting here, its so shit, especially the crappy vultures which don't look convincing at all. Theres a new person in the place of Luke too... Not sure what to make of him as he doesn't speak in this clip.

And is it just me or does Jo Grant sound REALLY weird?

Can you link me? I watch that shit. I went on youtube and the preview i saw there doesn't have jo speaking in it...

As bad as their effects for aliens are at least they're not anywhere near as bad as they are in the spin off K9. Though like you said that vulture is pretty horrible lol maybe it's meant to look like a puppet. Like it's part of one of their nightmares in that nightmare man episode or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-09-18 12:12:48

At 9/18/10 12:25 AM, Sticky wrote: Can you link me? I watch that shit. I went on youtube and the preview i saw there doesn't have jo speaking in it...

As bad as their effects for aliens are at least they're not anywhere near as bad as they are in the spin off K9. Though like you said that vulture is pretty horrible lol maybe it's meant to look like a puppet. Like it's part of one of their nightmares in that nightmare man episode or something.

Weird, I swear I linked it but it didn't show up. Anyway, here it is. Its not part of The Nightmare Man, its in Death of the Doctor, I wish it was though because I have no idea why they'd think that those "Shansheeth" are to be taken seriously.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-09-18 12:21:16

At 9/18/10 12:12 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Anyway, here it is.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, wow. That was amazing.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-09-18 20:28:05

At 9/18/10 12:12 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Weird, I swear I linked it but it didn't show up. Anyway, here it is. Its not part of The Nightmare Man, its in Death of the Doctor, I wish it was though because I have no idea why they'd think that those "Shansheeth" are to be taken seriously.

lol! maybe it's a throwback to how bad the costumes were in the 70s lol jo grant has granny voice.

I suppose I'll just keep my hopes up about the trickster episode. He usually makes episodes worth watching.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-09-19 08:53:35

At 9/18/10 08:28 PM, Sticky wrote: I suppose I'll just keep my hopes up about the trickster episode. He usually makes episodes worth watching.

Is there a Trickster episode? I'm getting quite bored of him now..

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-09-19 18:33:45

At 9/19/10 08:53 AM, dogpup4 wrote: Is there a Trickster episode? I'm getting quite bored of him now..

There is always a trickster episode because they know he's the only good enemy on the show. He usually pops up in episodes with sarah jane's name in the title and there's an episode called 'goodbye sarah jane smith' so i assume he's ending the season.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-09-19 22:24:02

AWESOME! I've officially seen every episode of doctor who including all spin offs now! :D That was a long 4 years. I don't know if I really have a favorite era. I think the show was pretty consistently up and down the whole time. Every doctor has their good episodes. The earlier doctors obviously have a greater amount of good ones though. I think somewhere around the end of tom baker's era they started going downhill.

I'm not gonna list the doctors now but I'd say patrick troughton is still my favorite followed by jon pertwee and tom baker.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-09-20 07:59:13

At 9/19/10 10:24 PM, Sticky wrote: including all spin offs now!

Jesus, I thought I was obsessed, and even I can't sit through SJA.

Going to move onto the audios? They're a great way to get a bit more classic Who if you ever go into withdrawal.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-09-20 20:15:56

At 9/20/10 07:59 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 9/19/10 10:24 PM, Sticky wrote: including all spin offs now!
Jesus, I thought I was obsessed, and even I can't sit through SJA.

Going to move onto the audios? They're a great way to get a bit more classic Who if you ever go into withdrawal.

Well when i say spin offs I only mean the tv spin offs ie K9 and company, torchwood, SJA and K9.

Actually no I was thinking I might get a life. It would be nice to actually have a girlfriend like....ever. Probably not going to happen now lol

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-09-20 21:22:06

At 9/20/10 08:15 PM, Sticky wrote: Well when i say spin offs I only mean the tv spin offs ie K9 and company, torchwood, SJA and K9.

I haven't watched SJA or K9. I suppose I'll force myself to watch them eventually, but they're just so shit.

Actually no I was thinking I might get a life. It would be nice to actually have a girlfriend like....ever. Probably not going to happen now lol

You're tainted now, man. No woman will ever touch you. You're doomed to spend the rest of your days arguing about the Cartmel Masterplan, debating the merits of the writings of Mad Larry and flying into blind, incoherent rages at the very mention of Pip and Jane Baker.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-09-21 03:24:31

At 9/20/10 09:22 PM, TheMaster wrote: I haven't watched SJA or K9. I suppose I'll force myself to watch them eventually, but they're just so shit.

K9 certainly is. It's like that really just god awful shit that only the australian film industry could generate. SJA isn't so bad though. At least it has some level of budget. K9 has about 1 set and the rest looks like location work in the house of a random member of the production team. As bad as it is though I did enjoy getting up early on a saturday morning to watch it while eating fruit loops. I am such a kid.

You're tainted now, man. No woman will ever touch you. You're doomed to spend the rest of your days arguing about the Cartmel Masterplan, debating the merits of the writings of Mad Larry and flying into blind, incoherent rages at the very mention of Pip and Jane Baker.

Yeah :( I don't know what the mad larry reference is about. I was thinking of taking up world of warcraft. I really never expected to finish watching every episode of doctor who. But then I also never expected to catch every single pokemon on 4 versions of the game. I really need to get outside a bit.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-09-21 07:42:30

At 9/21/10 03:24 AM, Sticky wrote: I don't know what the mad larry reference is about.

http://beasthouse-lm2.blogspot.com/

Mad Larry used to write Doctor Who novels, and now just writes insane, overly long rants about the new series. Speaks a lot of truth, but it's sort of drowned out by the crazy.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-09-21 19:03:21

At 9/21/10 07:42 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 9/21/10 03:24 AM, Sticky wrote: I don't know what the mad larry reference is about.
http://beasthouse-lm2.blogspot.com/

Mad Larry used to write Doctor Who novels, and now just writes insane, overly long rants about the new series. Speaks a lot of truth, but it's sort of drowned out by the crazy.

Bloggers >.>

I imagine he's the kind of person that hates stuff while it's on then much later remembers it being better than what he initially thought.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-10-02 12:48:11

Great, apparently the Daleks are back in series 6 but they're keeping the gold ones as well. Give them a bloody rest for one series at least... Not sure if this is an accurate source though.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-10-03 06:34:45

At 10/2/10 12:48 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Great, apparently the Daleks are back in series 6 but they're keeping the gold ones as well.

So what's that mean? Imperial vs Renegade dalek wars again?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-10-03 19:59:07

Do yourselves a favour, listen to the 8th Doctor audioplays.

They're so, so good. I've only listened to the first 5 (Storm Warning, Sword of Orion, The Stones of Venice, Minuet in Hell and a remake of Shada), but as a continuation of the classic series they're VASTLY better than the new show.

Chronologically, Shada goes first, and explains that after doing the punting (as in, the clip of Shada used in The Five Doctors), The Doctor changed his mind and left after being returned at the end of that serial, so the events of Shada didn't happen, and then the 8th Doctor picks up Romana and K9, and goes back to the time when the 4th Doctor left, and the events of Shada unfold as they would have on the show.

Storm Warning has him arrive on the R101, and airship in 1929 destined to crash on it's maiden voyage. He promptly loses the TARDIS when it's ejected from the ship, and teams up with a stowaway, Charley Pollard, who becomes his new companion, to find out why the ship really crashed (aliens are involved, if you hadn't guessed that).

The Sword of Orion is set in the far future, in Earth space post-Cyberwar. A derelict spaceship is found, and predictably, turns out to be full of Cybermen. The Doctor and Charley are taken prisoner by the crew of a salvage ship investigating the derelict, on suspicion of murdering their friend, and standard Cybermen stuff happens from there on in.

The Stones of Venice takes place in a future Venice, which is just about to sink, supposedly due to a "curse". The Doctor and Charley get caught up in the affairs of the Duke ruling Venice, who's dead wife is apparently the root of the curse, having also cursed him to live for 100 years and watch the city die, a cult that worships her as a goddess, and a race of amphibious people planning to claim the city when it sinks. Probably the weakest of the 5, but still okay.

Minuet in Hell has The Doctor wake up in an insane asylum in modern day or near future America, and Charley wake up in the basement of a club of demon-summoning Satan worshippers. Both are suffering amnesia, with Charley simply not remembering anything about herself, while The Doctor's mind is scrambled and he only has partial memory of who he is. Meanwhile, Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart is working undercover to investigate the asylum itself, as they've developed a machine for treating insanity that could potentially be used to create "designer brains", which has been dubbed eugenics by the UN. Needless to say the asylum and Satanists are linked, and the demons aren't really demons. Probably the best audio I've heard so far.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-10-13 21:05:58

Well SJA has started again. Watched The Nightmare Man. So bad lol I swear the whole thing was everyone just sooking over how Luke was leaving. But everyone knows SJA is terrible. I just wanted to point out that the guy who plays the actual nightmare man is the same guy who played davros in Journey's End and he was pretty insanely good in this role. Plus he really blasted the shit out of K9 lol

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-10-14 15:09:47

The Nightmare Man was terrible, especially the stupid way they defeated The Nightmare Man. Ooh, lets hold hands and say we are brilliant, that showed him.

Still, Julian Bleach was brilliant in the role.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-10-15 08:43:01

Speaking of Davros in Journey's End, I went to a thing where Terry Molloy complained he hadn't even been asked to reprise the role.

Got me thinking too. Why DIDN'T they just get him to come back? It's not like he'd look too old or anything, since there's that mask and everything, and he can still do the voice because he's still doing it in audios, and did it at the event.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-10-15 14:20:12

SJA is what people who don't like Science Fiction think all Science Fiction is like.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-10-15 16:09:06

See they've got Tennant recording stuff for the next Revisitations DVD box set?

Hope he's doing commentaries. His one on The Five Doctors special edition was incredible. I think I enjoyed it more than most of his episodes.

Still don't know what they're rereleasing in this one, though. Seeds of Doom, Robots of Death and Vengeance of Varos need rereleases, if only to bring their box art in line with the rest of the series.

Also, as was inevitable, the regeneration limit is being scrapped via a throwaway line in SJA. I'm not bothered, really. As long as it's been addressed. Throwaway line in a shitty spin-off works just as well as an episode about the subject.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-10-15 17:31:44

At 10/15/10 04:09 PM, TheMaster wrote: Also, as was inevitable, the regeneration limit is being scrapped via a throwaway line in SJA. I'm not bothered, really. As long as it's been addressed. Throwaway line in a shitty spin-off works just as well as an episode about the subject.

But that's bullshit! >:O

That's too big of a thing to just throw away. I loved the limit. It gave the feeling that doctor who could actually have an end. The biggest thing I dislike about this immortality business though is it makes him seem like god and that's not what the doctor is no matter how much the writers want to think it.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-10-15 17:54:58

At 10/15/10 05:31 PM, Sticky wrote: But that's bullshit! >:O

That's too big of a thing to just throw away. I loved the limit. It gave the feeling that doctor who could actually have an end. The biggest thing I dislike about this immortality business though is it makes him seem like god and that's not what the doctor is no matter how much the writers want to think it.

It's not too big though. Without Time Lords I'd have EXPECTED it to be gone anyway, given that The Five Doctors made it seem like it definitely was regulated by them, what with them offering a cycle to The Master and all.

As long as they make sure regeneration occurs when he's DYING, not already dead (7th to 8th is iffy on this, and I suppose 6th to 7th is too), it's fine, since that leaves plenty of ways to kill him before he could regenerate.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-10-15 19:33:39

I'm pretty pissed off, if I'm honest. Not so much that they're getting rid of the limit, but how they're doing it. I think we're owed a little more explanation.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-10-17 06:47:02

Mark Sheppard will be appearing in the next series in a "huge role".

OH GOD YES.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-10-17 22:51:27

im wacthing the first season now, and netflix on xbox doesn't wanna help me find the second season any help doctors?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-10-18 01:00:55

I went to something called the armeggedon expo the other day. Saw sylvester mccoy, sophie aldred and paul mcgann there. Like i didn't bother talking to any of them cause it wasn't worth lining up but I saw them there lol

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-10-22 13:50:53

At 10/18/10 01:00 AM, Sticky wrote: I went to something called the armeggedon expo the other day. Saw sylvester mccoy, sophie aldred and paul mcgann there. Like i didn't bother talking to any of them cause it wasn't worth lining up but I saw them there lol

They do talks or anything? I saw Sophie Aldred at one a while back, and it was really good. Met her, Colin Baker and Nicholas Courtney at the same thing. Terry Molloy was at it too, but I missed him.

Mind, this was just a small local thing, so there weren't really any queues like you'd have at a proper event.

Also, what does Paul McGann look like these days? Young enough to appear in a multi-Doctor episode, you reckon?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-10-23 07:55:30

At 10/22/10 01:50 PM, TheMaster wrote: They do talks or anything?

I dunno they had some sort of hour long presentation but I couldn't watch cause it costed heaps. I think they were just answering questions though.

Also, what does Paul McGann look like these days? Young enough to appear in a multi-Doctor episode, you reckon?

Well he didn't have the shaggy long hair like in the tv movie. I suppose he could. With the right make up and stuff I don't think it'd be a problem.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-10-23 08:14:23

At 10/23/10 07:55 AM, Sticky wrote: Well he didn't have the shaggy long hair like in the tv movie. I suppose he could. With the right make up and stuff I don't think it'd be a problem.

I think he definitely could, having seen what they revealed at the same event you were at, according to the Doctor Who news page.

This is his new look for future Big Finish promotional material, so on the CD covers and the like. It's awesome.

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature