00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Cuddlymuffintop just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

White Presidents Only

1,346 Views | 22 Replies

White Presidents Only 2003-02-08 20:12:34

It seems America has only had white, male presidents. Will America ever see a change in this, and if so, how well do you think it would warm over with the american citizens if we had a black, asian, hispanic, etc president. And how would it work out if the president was a "Oh my gosh" a woman (sarcasm intended).
Personally, I feel that since America has never had it before, they will take change very slowly if it does happen.

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-08 20:37:28

I'd like to see a change to the other extreme.
How about an Asian Lesbian Handicapped Woman president?

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-08 21:44:58

At 2/8/03 08:37 PM, Ted_Easton wrote: I'd like to see a change to the other extreme.

Well FDR was handicapped though the fact that he hid his disability to the public doesn't really count...
The Rev. Al Sharpton is running for the presidency but ,honestly, he has a snowball's chance in hell of winning the election.

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-08 21:49:24

At 2/8/03 09:44 PM, Nightshadeplus wrote:
The Rev. Al Sharpton is running for the presidency but ,honestly, he has a snowball's chance in hell of winning the election. :

I would move to Canada if Al Sharpton won. He is the Republican's best friend.

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-08 22:15:55

At 2/8/03 09:49 PM, Alakazam wrote: I would move to Canada if Al Sharpton won. He is the Republican's best friend.

What would you do if Lieberman won?

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-08 23:08:40

I am a Republican, and the thing is that minorities often tend to be Democrats for one reason or another (maybe it's the Democratic rhetoric telling minorities that Republicans aren't looking out for them, while Democrats are, yada yada yada). The Republican party does need to try to win over more minority members, maybe by getting the message out that they don't need the Democrats' big government programs to help them get ahead.

I would vote for a minority candidate if I felt that his views were close to my views. I wouldn't mind seeing someone like a Colin Powell or a JC Watts in the White House.

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-08 23:55:38

At 2/8/03 08:37 PM, Ted_Easton wrote: I'd like to see a change to the other extreme.

Even better
A jewish arab-chinese handicapped hermaphrodite
but seriously, america believes in assimilation rather than acceptance, so there's no chance in hell any non white is getting in

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-09 00:28:21

whites run the white house, welcome.

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-09 01:59:51

At 2/8/03 11:55 PM, DarknessIncarnate wrote:
Even better
A jewish arab-chinese handicapped hermaphrodite
but seriously, america believes in assimilation rather than acceptance, so there's no chance in hell any non white is getting in

It would scare society(the white majority society) to know that someone of a different color is the most powerful man in the most powerful country.

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-09 13:50:03

At 2/8/03 09:49 PM, Alakazam wrote: Al Sharpton ... is the Republican's best friend.

What the hell are you talking about? Unless you're saying that Sharpton is good because nobody would vote for him.

Personally, I believe it's just that no minorities in high office have really had the drive or have run for the office. For example, many wanted Colin Powell to run, but he refused.

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-09 14:43:44

At 2/9/03 01:50 PM, KaneOfNod wrote:
At 2/8/03 09:49 PM, Alakazam wrote: Al Sharpton ... is the Republican's best friend.
What the hell are you talking about? Unless you're saying that Sharpton is good because nobody would vote for him.

Personally, I believe it's just that no minorities in high office have really had the drive or have run for the office. For example, many wanted Colin Powell to run, but he refused.

I miss you in the chat :'( .. me'sa teh opz0r now

Anyway. A black/chinese/whatever president isn't impossible. But maybe it'll attract some heat from the racist violent groups in the US.. anyone see the series "24"? :)

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-10 10:27:03

At 2/8/03 08:37 PM, Ted_Easton wrote: How about an Asian Lesbian Handicapped Woman president?
At 2/8/03 11:55 PM, DarknessIncarnate wrote: A jewish arab-chinese handicapped hermaphrodite

We can have those people, certainly, but remember that the person must have been born in the US (plus be over 35 years old) to run and become president.

Quote of the day: @Nysssa "What is the word I want to use here?" @freakapotimus "Taint".

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-10 11:17:39

I'm a black guy and i can tell you Al Sharpton has no snowballs chance in hell of winning. I know no black person that like him or take his running seriously. And if there ever was a black/asian/hispanic women president he/she would be assinated before the could give there acceptance speech.

"The worst kind of coward is one that is only brave enough to show his face in the dark...."

BBS Signature

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-10 13:38:13

You people are forgetting that it is not necessarily just white people that always win the elections. It is the RICHEST people, most of the time

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-10 14:09:08

You people are forgetting that it is not necessarily just white people that always win the elections. It is the RICHEST people, most of the time

Yeah...white people.

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-10 14:20:54

Unless you count celebrities and athletes too and some of them are of different ethnic groups.

Of course I'm not expecting Oprah to run for office anytime soon.

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-10 22:59:40

i can't believe that you people are putting so much emphasis on diversity. diversity isn't something that should be sought after but merely allowed to happen. you guys can come up with all these wierd combos like chinese jew or arab eskimo, but there's no way most of you would vote for him if he was as right-winged as i.

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-11 02:04:55

At 2/10/03 10:59 PM, swayside wrote:

diversity isn't something that should be sought after but merely allowed to happen.

Hmmm, just of curiosity, what's your stand on affirmative action?

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-11 02:26:13

It's funny, really, because most people who say that they want to see a woman president are also against war. Well guess what -- if we had a woman president, we'd have a war with another country every month.

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-11 07:11:15

At 2/11/03 02:04 AM, Nightshadeplus wrote:
Hmmm, just of curiosity, what's your stand on affirmative action?

though i think you've already guessed it, my stand is, "affermative action=stupid". in the case of the university of michigan, that is anong the dumbest ways to get a diverse student body.

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-11 08:57:41

I thought that's what you were going to say. For me, I don't know enough about the issue (both pro and con) to give an educated opinion on the matter.

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-11 13:05:17

At 2/8/03 08:12 PM, semaGdniM wrote: It seems America has only had white, male presidents. Will America ever see a change in this, and if so, how well do you think it would warm over with the american citizens if we had a black, asian, hispanic, etc president. And how would it work out if the president was a "Oh my gosh" a woman (sarcasm intended).
Personally, I feel that since America has never had it before, they will take change very slowly if it does happen.

This is however valid, but everybody doesn't like change. I do agree with you that there should be a differiation in nationality of the President as well as gender.

Response to White Presidents Only 2003-02-12 03:17:45

All joking aside, the second we have a president that isn't white and/or male then that is the only thing that they will be remembered for, because so much emphasis is put on that kind of thing. People should look past the race or gender of the presidential candidate and instead look solely on their ideas. I think that the best way to fix this would be to have blind elections, in which the candidates are not seen beforehand and only their ideas and experience are listed. That way, we wouldnt know whether we are voting in a white guy, while there are people of other races who are better qualified, because that's how the system has been, or -- conversely -- if we're voting for someone of a different race, even though there are white males who are better qualified, just because we want to have diversity.