00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Enoughforcast just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

how do you make a online multi game

4,347 Views | 60 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Is there anyway to create a online game [ like runescape or some sort ] with flash?

liike...make your own account sign in a play and stuff like that if you know

PLEASE TELL AND I SHALL GRANT YOU WITH CREDIT and a free membership yay....thats if I charge [ which I probley wont ]

PS: the game is called project control its gona be big , if it gets made.
the object of the game is to take over other contries with play by play multi action
meaning, you acually verus them while there accualy one versuing you! fun huh? and if you get taken over you have to build a new community..and you loose all your ..what ever you had BUT! dont worry no one will be able to attack you until your no longer a noob [ only to stop people from calling you noob alll day long ]

think this would be a good game?

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 16:42:30

Dont think you can make anything that massive with flash. Try using freeware software.

Animator for hire. Check out the stuff I have on the portal and the forums. If you like something, send me a message.

BBS Signature

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 16:42:59

The thing is, will you be able to make it?

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 16:43:38

At 5/21/06 04:38 PM, project_ctrl wrote: Is there anyway to create a online game [ like runescape or some sort ] with flash?

PLEASE TELL AND I SHALL GRANT YOU WITH CREDIT and a free membership yay....thats if I charge [ which I probley wont ]

the object of the game is to take over other contries with play by play multi action
meaning, you acually verus them while there accualy one versuing you! fun huh? and if you get taken over you have to build a new community..and you loose all your ..what ever you had BUT! dont worry no one will be able to attack you until your no longer a noob [ only to stop people from calling you noob alll day long ]

Runscape is done with java, not flash. Moreover, the amount of severs and script necessary to run a game that complex is way out of your league. But that is just my kickass opinion.

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 16:43:44

Something like rpgmaker 2.0 tryed..dont understands squat of it unless some one would like to teach meeee : }}}

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 16:45:44

shut up n00b. This is way out of your league. Don't even bother trying.

========|| WWWWWWWW>[-[Blog] - [Audio] - [Userpage] - [Flash] - [Last.fm]-]<WWWWWWWW ||========

BBS Signature

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 16:45:50

True.. It is out of my league ..But hey it dosnt hurt to dream..maybe I can make it with some help of ones who have already done it....I mean ..How do you suppose you figured out flash. I highly doubt that it was just by turning on the computer and start typing AS's randomely

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 16:46:27

At 5/21/06 04:43 PM, project_ctrl wrote: Something like rpgmaker 2.0 tryed..dont understands squat of it unless some one would like to teach meeee : }}}

Nooooooooooo--one would like to teach you. GL2U.

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 16:48:30

At 5/21/06 04:43 PM, project_ctrl wrote: Something like rpgmaker 2.0 tryed..dont understands squat of it unless some one would like to teach meeee : }}}

If you can't understand rpgmaker, you could never understand flash, let alone java.

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 16:52:31

Annnnnnnyways , if anyone knows please tell

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 16:57:34

At 5/21/06 04:45 PM, project_ctrl wrote: How do you suppose you figured out flash. I highly doubt that it was just by turning on the computer and start typing AS's randomely

No, i used logic. I took a tutorial. Nowhere in the tutorial did it explain online mulitplayers, no tutorial would. Because anyone who know's how to make one wouldn't tell.
Online muliplayers are complex, lets go through psuedo-code to see what it has to do.
locate server
connect to server
send data to server
recieve data from server
<check all your code stuff here>
send data to server
recieve data from server.
disconnect from server
update the fact that theres 1 less person in the server
connect to new server
<repeat>

========|| WWWWWWWW>[-[Blog] - [Audio] - [Userpage] - [Flash] - [Last.fm]-]<WWWWWWWW ||========

BBS Signature

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 16:59:27

At 5/21/06 04:42 PM, Xcyper33 wrote: Dont think you can make anything that massive with flash. Try using freeware software.

There is a multiplayer-game, called "Stick Arena". It is made with flash

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 17:26:01

So is dofus.

SCGMD4 is on the way! @scgmd4

If a picture is worth a thousand words, a game is worth a play.

BBS Signature

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 17:27:39

might wana check this out:

xml for online interactivity - khao

SCGMD4 is on the way! @scgmd4

If a picture is worth a thousand words, a game is worth a play.

BBS Signature

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 17:28:22

Basically, you'd need extremely good AS knowledge, you'd need to know XML/PHP/ASP/CGI pretty damn well too, you'd need access to a domain or server that could handle the multi-players. By no means impossible, and certainly on my 'to-do' list at some point, but as the others have said, I seriously doubt whether you have the skills or knowledge required. If you have, or if you can develop them, then good luck...

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 17:31:05

I suggest trying to actually create a small game engine in flash just to get some perspective of what your actually asking for.

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 17:33:26

At 5/21/06 04:38 PM, project_ctrl wrote: Is there anyway to create a online game [ like runescape or some sort ] with flash?

Something like this, while possible, would be ridiculous to do with Flash. Flash just isn't made for such things, and the amount of resources it would take (A TON of servers) would be minimized much if you used Java or something.

Good luck :)

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 17:37:36

At 5/21/06 05:31 PM, Skaijo wrote: I suggest trying to actually create a small game engine in flash just to get some perspective of what your actually asking for.

alright ill make it and and put it back right here and let you guys tell me what you think of it so far

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 17:45:26

At 5/21/06 05:37 PM, project_ctrl wrote:
At 5/21/06 05:31 PM, Skaijo wrote: I suggest trying to actually create a small game engine in flash just to get some perspective of what your actually asking for.
alright ill make it and and put it back right here and let you guys tell me what you think of it so far

Now we're getting somewhere. :D

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 18:51:21

uh oh.....i got it but when i put in my stop code to stop the frames and i pressed the button it didnt go to the next frame my AS was

on (press) {
nextFrame();
}

my stop was

stop ();

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 18:52:49

At 5/21/06 06:51 PM, project_ctrl wrote: uh oh.....i got it but when i put in my stop code to stop the frames and i pressed the button it didnt go to the next frame my AS was

on (press) {
nextFrame();
}

my stop was

stop ();

I don't think you're quite ready for multiplayer online yet ;)

BBS Signature

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 18:55:28

At 5/21/06 06:51 PM, project_ctrl wrote: uh oh.....i got it but when i put in my stop code to stop the frames and i pressed the button it didnt go to the next frame my AS was

on (press) {
nextFrame();
}

my stop was

stop ();

on(release) {
_root.stop()
}

*pokes Denvish-- Let him figure that out for himself. He's a big boy.

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 19:03:33

great now all I need is a uploader

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 19:04:08

At 5/21/06 07:03 PM, project_ctrl wrote: great now all I need is a uploader

I can help there.... http://denvish.net/ul

BBS Signature

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 19:07:19

Great then here it is, not the best grapihics right now though

http://denvish.net/ulf/1148246678_Project control test.php

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 19:09:10

uhh whoops..copy and paste that hole thing

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 19:11:03

At 5/21/06 07:04 PM, Denvish wrote:
At 5/21/06 07:03 PM, project_ctrl wrote: great now all I need is a uploader
I can help there.... http://denvish.net/ul

Oh nifty.
Gah, I suck with php. Wish I could make somthing like that.

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 19:11:03

At 5/21/06 07:07 PM, project_ctrl wrote: Great then here it is, not the best grapihics right now though

http://denvish.net/ulf/1148246678_Project control test.php

The link is not working, misan-fa.

Try again.

D *can't wait

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 19:14:38

At 5/21/06 07:11 PM, Skaijo wrote: The link is not working, misan-fa.

Try again.

D *can't wait

http://denvish.net/u..20control%20test.php

It does actually have potential, but it requires a LOT more work before you consider turning it into a multiplayer game.

BBS Signature

Response to how do you make a online multi game 2006-05-21 19:19:05

At 5/21/06 07:14 PM, Denvish wrote:
At 5/21/06 07:11 PM, Skaijo wrote: The link is not working, misan-fa.

Try again.

D *can't wait
http://denvish.net/u..20control%20test.php

It does actually have potential, but it requires a LOT more work before you consider turning it into a multiplayer game.

Yeah, its actually a lot better than I expected.

@ ctrl - is everything random? I meen the fights and stuff?