00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bowtotheman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

*ZELDA CLUB*

253,255 Views | 4,692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-06 21:36:15

At 1/6/08 09:14 PM, Xtesh wrote: I thought it was if the TP Link never showed up or didn't exist or was just some dude who happened to be named Link.

People wouldnt say that Link was a hero if he didnt defeat ganon, would they?

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-06 22:19:50

LOZ doesn't really go into alternate realities, just the three parallel universes. WW link is (I think) the result of something that never happened in a game because nobody is going to buy a game about the main character never showing up. my guess is that ganon lied dormant for many years, waiting until link died, and attacked before the new hero could be born.

if you have trouble with tri-achnid, or beat the game and wish there was more to do, click here.

I'm also snipe in the Super Hero RPG

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-07 04:30:19

At 1/6/08 10:19 PM, iamnecromantic wrote: LOZ doesn't really go into alternate realities, just the three parallel universes. WW link is (I think) the result of something that never happened in a game because nobody is going to buy a game about the main character never showing up. my guess is that ganon lied dormant for many years, waiting until link died, and attacked before the new hero could be born.

Like others said before, it could only be a story retold in different ways. Always Link, Zelda, Ganon and the Triforce but with a little something different. I don't think the main idea for the creators was to create alternate dimensions. The only alternate dimensions we know all is Termina and Hyrule of OoT. Those who made these games may wanted to make a story that continues (OoT, MM, WW and PH) or they wanted to perfect the games with better graphics, all-new impressive story and more bad guys. The games goes with the technology.

Cay you feel the power of the Darkness filling through your veins each time you are mad?

Does the Shadow of a Hero is a hero or an anti-hero?

Member of the Zelda Club

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-07 06:23:45

At 1/3/08 06:24 PM, Twilight-Knight wrote: YES!!! Thank you Christ (and Zoraxe too) that is EXACTLY the picture I wanted! THANK YOU ZORAXE!!!
MIDNA IS TEH CUTENESS!!!
She is the embodiment of cute
And yes I love Midna too much but I DON'T CARE!!!

You should check this out =)

At 1/6/08 10:19 PM, iamnecromantic wrote: LOZ doesn't really go into alternate realities, just the three parallel universes. WW link is (I think) the result of something that never happened in a game because nobody is going to buy a game about the main character never showing up. my guess is that ganon lied dormant for many years, waiting until link died, and attacked before the new hero could be born.

Hmm, didn´t someone post a link to a youtube video a few pages ago? It was about what the Zelda timeline probably is so far. It showed that the timeline split up after OoT into where Link is still a child and where Link is an adult. I thought the WW was at the end of the child-timeline...

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-07 06:43:14

At 1/7/08 04:30 AM, LinkTheHeroOfTime wrote:
Like others said before, it could only be a story retold in different ways. Always Link, Zelda, Ganon and the Triforce but with a little something different. I don't think the main idea for the creators was to create alternate dimensions. The only alternate dimensions we know all is Termina and Hyrule of OoT. Those who made these games may wanted to make a story that continues (OoT, MM, WW and PH) or they wanted to perfect the games with better graphics, all-new impressive story and more bad guys. The games goes with the technology.

before i continue, i said there are three parallel universes. hyrule, termina, and the twilight zone. i mean realm, twilight realm *twilight zone music*. anyway, i think it has to be a continuity. the only disconnect is between TP (as far as i can tell, that takes place several decades after MM). as i said, hyrule sinking isn't an in-game event because it's boring to play a game when there isn't anyone to fight the bad guy (i'm sure that we can all agree that the guards don't count).

if you have trouble with tri-achnid, or beat the game and wish there was more to do, click here.

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-07 07:19:18

I recently got Phantom Princess. I've just fought the giant statue, and its awesum.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-07 18:44:28

At 1/7/08 07:19 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I recently got Phantom Princess. I've just fought the giant statue, and its awesum.

I'm sorry BBM, but you FAIL!

Horribly!

Now try it again!

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-07 19:34:49

At 1/7/08 06:44 PM, Twilight-Knight wrote: I'm sorry BBM, but you FAIL!

Shush you

Hourglass, princess, whatever.

At least i'm not a big gaaaay like you.

<_<

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-07 20:52:39

At 1/7/08 07:34 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 1/7/08 06:44 PM, Twilight-Knight wrote: I'm sorry BBM, but you FAIL!
Shush you

Hourglass, princess, whatever.

At least i'm not a big gaaaay like you.

<_<

as far as i can tell, he isn't gay. it's just that disturbing minda fetish

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-08 04:05:55

Hey guys, I've been out of commission for a few months and would like to rejoin the group. Those who remember me know what I did with the Zelda series. Reinstatement would be greatly appreciated.

Zelda Club :D

Sig done by Circle-Nine Studios

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-08 15:11:45

At 1/8/08 04:05 AM, Mighty-Samoan wrote: Hey guys, I've been out of commission for a few months and would like to rejoin the group. Those who remember me know what I did with the Zelda series. Reinstatement would be greatly appreciated.

As the head of this club, I say yes. Welcome back.

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-08 18:50:55

it just occured to me... i never actually asked if i could join. when considering it, please ignore my comment about the minda fetish.

can i join?

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-18 15:06:42

Bump de la Twilight-Knight.

Do you guys think they'll tell us whether or not Ganondorf will be in it before they release Brawl?

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-20 09:41:57

Hay guys, Im back from a 7 day ban (thanks to BigBadRon), did you miss me?

Anyways, I started playing MM again and I just saved the Gorons from the never ending winter. Now, I think I nead to go to the ocean now but I nead my horse to jump the wall, how do I get into Romani ranch before the 3rd day?

Anybody els notice that MM is a little bit like the movie Ground Hog day? Poor link is stuck in a 3 day time loop until he defeats MM or gets killed.

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-20 11:53:01

I'm joyning in. I'm From Norway. My favorite zelda game is the Ocarina of Time. It's the coolest of them all besides Twilight prinsess. Plays it at N64. I think i'm going to win it for the 5th time by now.

Walla Baja (Hello) xD

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-20 18:59:23

Nevermind, I got it, Im now Zora Link and having fun.
Being a Zora is cool.
haha

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-21 06:02:20

I want to get the big goron sword but takes so long time to get it... Lucky you, you have both a horse and a zora, goron and some treething mask while I have to complete the water temple before I can get the big goron sword. It all takes to muth time. Think im going to nintendo.no so I can see how long it takes for me before he ask's me to bring his medicine. It all takes to long...
NOTE: I alredy got the horse

Walla Baja (Hello) xD

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-21 08:00:22

I did it again... gain Big Goron Sword for the 6th time in my life... I also have Link to the Past on my old Gameboy Advanced SP, but i dosn't play it anymore.... I killed ganondorf abot 3 times on that game, but still he's difficult to kill.

Walla Baja (Hello) xD

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-22 12:12:34

At 1/20/08 06:59 PM, Zoraxe7 wrote: Nevermind, I got it, Im now Zora Link and having fun.
Being a Zora is cool.

As long as your in the water, yes, but on land, no. I didn´t really like his kunf-fu fighting style. It was hard to hit enemies with it. I prefered to be a Goron.

At 1/21/08 06:02 AM, Fromar wrote: I want to get the big goron sword but takes so long time to get it... Lucky you, you have both a horse and a zora, goron and some treething mask while I have to complete the water temple before I can get the big goron sword. It all takes to muth time. Think im going to nintendo.no so I can see how long it takes for me before he ask's me to bring his medicine. It all takes to long...
NOTE: I alredy got the horse

Hmm, I think you´re able to complete that sidequest as soon as you finished the forest temple and got yourself a horse. I thought the big goron was always around, even if you have not beaten the fire temple yet, and the professor asks for the medicine when you show him the frog.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-22 13:28:13

I bet this has been discussed before but...... "What's you fav side-quests out of all the Legendary Of Zelda series?"

I know I put "Legendary", purley because it is.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-23 00:41:59

At 1/22/08 01:28 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: I bet this has been discussed before but...... "What's you fav side-quests out of all the Legendary Of Zelda series?"
I know I put "Legendary", purley because it is.

I would have to say my favorite quest is for the big bomb in Link to the Past. That or when you have to get the dwarf. XD

<33

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-23 05:22:51

the most funny part of zelda must be the last boss as little in the Ocarina of Time. He is rally funny. last time i killed him up to 4 times before i saved and going to get the mastersword. The best sidequest in zelda must be the gerudo horse race. Thats the funny part.

Walla Baja (Hello) xD

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-23 13:15:46

My favourite side-quest HAS to be the the Goron Sea Quest when you have to get all those items and trade them in WW.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-23 14:44:41

At 1/22/08 12:12 PM, Auz wrote: As long as your in the water, yes, but on land, no. I didn´t really like his kunf-fu fighting style. It was hard to hit enemies with it. I prefered to be a Goron.

Zora link wasnt as good at fighting, but can you imagine a under water Zora kung-fu master?!

BTW, why do some Zoras like Ruto look different than the rest? Is it that the normal Zoras just look generic because of being unimportant and that if Zoras were reel you would see more variation?

I diddnt like fighting as a Goron, too big and slow, perfeared to be normal link to fight. But zipping along fast while being rolled up is fun.

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-24 14:10:32

At 1/22/08 01:28 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: I bet this has been discussed before but...... "What's you fav side-quests out of all the Legendary Of Zelda series?"

I personally liked Majora´s Mask´s sidequests most. Getting all the masks and completing the Bombers Notebook was quite a lot of fun. I especially liked the Bombers Notebook since some parts were actually pretty complicated, events had different outcomes (couple´s mask/postmans hat/romani milk) and it took quite a long time to complete all of it.

At 1/23/08 01:15 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: My favourite side-quest HAS to be the the Goron Sea Quest when you have to get all those items and trade them in WW.

That was a nice one too. Too bad you don´t really get any good rewards from it.

At 1/23/08 02:44 PM, Zoraxe7 wrote: BTW, why do some Zoras like Ruto look different than the rest? Is it that the normal Zoras just look generic because of being unimportant and that if Zoras were reel you would see more variation?

That´s the reason I think. It´d be too hard to recognize them otherwise. The important Goron´s were also different from the usual Gorons.

I diddnt like fighting as a Goron, too big and slow, perfeared to be normal link to fight. But zipping along fast while being rolled up is fun.

When it came to fighting I also prefered the ordinary Link. The problem with the goron was indeed that he was too slow and some enemies did not even take damage from his punches (yellies). And that is pretty much the only reason why I like the Goron so much. He was much faster than the horse or the Bunny Hood. You could get from one side of the field to the other in only a few seconds.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-24 15:43:29

At 1/24/08 02:10 PM, Auz wrote: That´s the reason I think. It´d be too hard to recognize them otherwise. The important Goron´s were also different from the usual Gorons.

Yep, but Rutos extra eyes on the side of her head were very disturbing, I perfer to think they dont exsist. (shudders from the creepyness of it)

When it came to fighting I also prefered the ordinary Link. The problem with the goron was indeed that he was too slow and some enemies did not even take damage from his punches (yellies). And that is pretty much the only reason why I like the Goron so much. He was much faster than the horse or the Bunny Hood. You could get from one side of the field to the other in only a few seconds.

Agreed, some of the things they kept from OoT were almoast un-neaded, like the magic beans.

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-24 20:43:46

I haven't played many of the games in a while, but one of the best ones I can remember was getting the magic armor in WW just because it was a cool idea. I also like the places in WW and TP where you just jumped down a hole and started killing monsters (can't remember the names). it was kind of generic, but still a great quick-fix for boredom.

I never got bored as zora link, there were a couple glitches lying around that launched link into the air when you hit a wall. you always think it will get boring, but it never does.

how many people found the "hero" in PH (traveler's ship, NW sea chart)? that was just so... weird. points to nintendo for a pretty original joke.

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-25 11:00:33

At 1/24/08 03:43 PM, Zoraxe7 wrote: Yep, but Rutos extra eyes on the side of her head were very disturbing, I perfer to think they dont exsist. (shudders from the creepyness of it)

Eyes? I always thought those were ears.

Agreed, some of the things they kept from OoT were almoast un-neaded, like the magic beans.

Uhu, but some things were actually made more useful. In Ocarina of Time, the fire arrows for example were totally useless. The only thing you could burn were Like-Like´s and torches. You couldn´t even melt ice with them. In MM, they could burn almost anything, which was pretty cool.

At 1/24/08 04:48 PM, Xtesh wrote: The hardest one had to be the postman's hat quest. My favorite was the one where you have to get the couple together. That one got the biggest emotional response from me.

The Postmans Hat and the Couple´s Mask were actually part of the same sidequest, remember? When you had done some things with Anju and Kafei on day 1 and 2, you had to make a decision in the evening of day 3.

Option 1: Go to Ikana Canyon and help Kafei with getting back he´s Sun´s Mask. This gave you the Couple´s Mask in the end.

Option 2: Go to Kafei´s hideout, get a letter from the curosity shop owner and deliver it to the major´s wife who´s sitting in the milk bar. She gives you a bottle with Chateau Romani.

Option 3: Go to Kafei´s hideout, get the letter and give it to the postman. After he has delivered it, he was given the order to flee and he gives you his hat.

This was, in my opinion, the best sidequest in all the Zelda games I played. Even though you had to do the beginning of it 3 times.

I still gotta figure out if it´s possible to do two of these at the same time by the way. It might be possible to do 1 & 2, but I´m not sure. Maybe you can collect that letter and then quickly warp to Ikana Canyon to help out Kafei. But I thought the thief showed up in Ikana Canyon at exactly 18:00 and when he sees you running towards his hideout, he runs away.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-25 12:16:45

I just wonder... How many of you have ever played the first ZELDA game who was made to the first nintendo machine?????? I have, my uncle had an old nintendo machine I played it on. It's pretty challaging, isnt it.

Walla Baja (Hello) xD

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2008-01-25 12:28:29

At 1/25/08 12:16 PM, Fromar wrote: I just wonder... How many of you have ever played the first ZELDA game who was made to the first nintendo machine?????? I have, my uncle had an old nintendo machine I played it on. It's pretty challaging, isnt it.

The golden Zelda game was probably the best old school I played back in my younger days. I literally though the gold symbolized that the game was rare. :(

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature