00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

*ZELDA CLUB*

253,251 Views | 4,692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-07-31 16:29:00

At 7/30/07 08:28 PM, LinkTheHeroOfTime wrote: Change his set of weapons is not a bad thing, but what kinds of other weapons, an axe? A crossbow? What about a Zelda in the future? Now I think the entire set of weapons will change for sure.

I dunno about that. The standard bow has always been my favorite weapon in every Zelda game, and what´s Link supposed to do with an axe? He´s main weapon is always a sword. What else can you do with an axe that you can´t do with a sword, cut down trees? I don´t think an axe is such a good idea.

What I would like to see is a huge secondary sword, like the biggoron´s sword but much broader and with better possibilities. And they should get the tunics back from OoT.

By the way, my friend and me saw an April's Fool Joke involving a Zelda game wich Link isin the future. The clip was interesting and it almost look real. Too bad it was not true.

Lol, you mean this. It didn´t look that real to me, you could clearly see everything was taken from different games :) I even saw pictures of Cloud from FF7 in them :s And the backgrounds seem like they were taken from the F-Zero series. The interview sounded real though.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-07-31 21:21:11

At 7/31/07 04:29 PM, Auz wrote: I dunno about that. The standard bow has always been my favorite weapon in every Zelda game, and what´s Link supposed to do with an axe? He´s main weapon is always a sword. What else can you do with an axe that you can´t do with a sword, cut down trees? I don´t think an axe is such a good idea.

I didn't say that an axe would be a great weapon, I just took an exemple. Anyway I can't see Link holding an axe.

What I would like to see is a huge secondary sword, like the biggoron´s sword but much broader and with better possibilities. And they should get the tunics back from OoT.

Why bringing back those tunics? I admit the Zora's Suit in TP wasn't so cool but it is better than a blue copy of the Kokiri Tunic. Or you are talking about their properties?

Lol, you mean this. It didn´t look that real to me, you could clearly see everything was taken from different games :) I even saw pictures of Cloud from FF7 in them :s And the backgrounds seem like they were taken from the F-Zero series. The interview sounded real though.

I didn't thought about the background of F-Zero (I never played those games). I saw this video directly from Wii.tv.

Cay you feel the power of the Darkness filling through your veins each time you are mad?

Does the Shadow of a Hero is a hero or an anti-hero?

Member of the Zelda Club

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-07-31 22:11:50

At 7/31/07 09:22 PM, MisterJoystick wrote: im in heffen here boyz

What do you think about him, guys? Does he hit a door slamming right in his face?

Cay you feel the power of the Darkness filling through your veins each time you are mad?

Member of the Zelda Club

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-07-31 23:21:13

I guess I'll join. I'm a big fan of the 3D Loz games, but the gba and nintendo ones, not so familiar, though I did LOVE Loz A link to the past... but that's SUPER Nintendo. :D

hyuck, that is purty funny right there. dun curr hoo ya R.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-01 02:58:22

At 7/31/07 09:21 PM, LinkTheHeroOfTime wrote: Anyway I can't see Link holding an axe.

Me neither :)

Why bringing back those tunics? I admit the Zora's Suit in TP wasn't so cool but it is better than a blue copy of the Kokiri Tunic. Or you are talking about their properties?

I mean several kind of tunics needed for different kind of situations. And of course it´d be better if they were not the same than the Kokiri tunic. The zora suit was indeed not that great, and I never used the Magic Armor that much except in the Cave of Ordeals where you absosutely are gonna need it. It was a nice idea and the armor looked pretty good, but it had just too many downsides.

At 7/31/07 10:11 PM, LinkTheHeroOfTime wrote:
At 7/31/07 09:22 PM, MisterJoystick wrote: im in heffen here boyz
What do you think about him, guys? Does he hit a door slamming right in his face?

I think he does :p

At 7/31/07 11:21 PM, biohazard378 wrote: I guess I'll join. I'm a big fan of the 3D Loz games, but the gba and nintendo ones, not so familiar, though I did LOVE Loz A link to the past... but that's SUPER Nintendo. :D

Alright, you can join. Welcome to the club :)

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-01 05:08:29

At 7/31/07 11:21 PM, biohazard378 wrote: I guess I'll join. I'm a big fan of the 3D Loz games, but the gba and nintendo ones, not so familiar, though I did LOVE Loz A link to the past... but that's SUPER Nintendo. :D

The gameboy versions of the Legend of Zelda games are hilarious! The Legend of Zelda Four Swords was a really cool game, especially playing it with a friend on the big screen. The hilarious part was the movement of the rock. It looks like the links are humping it while making sound effects. XD

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-01 10:21:50

At 8/1/07 05:08 AM, Seamonky wrote: The gameboy versions of the Legend of Zelda games are hilarious! The Legend of Zelda Four Swords was a really cool game, especially playing it with a friend on the big screen. The hilarious part was the movement of the rock. It looks like the links are humping it while making sound effects. XD

You played with a friend? When you want to play multi-player, does it play with two or more controllers or you need GameBoy Advance with the GameBoy/GameCube connection? I recently found this game somewhere to buy, but I don't know if the game is good and how the multi-player plays.

Member of the Zelda Club

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-01 10:24:25

Im back I made a crappy comic about LoZ heres the name "Legend of Link"still crappy...

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-01 10:49:15

I dont know what you guys are on about, I can deffinatly see link holding an axe, just make it so it feels differetly as a weopen, slower, more powerful, not able to attack diaganoly.

And a cross-bow would be cool.

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-01 11:43:36

At 7/31/07 04:29 PM, Auz wrote: What I would like to see is a huge secondary sword, like the biggoron´s sword but much broader and with better possibilities. And they should get the tunics back from OoT.

I definitely agree with you there. I loved the different tunics. A nice change while you're doing your thing throughout Hyrule. And they made such good barriers throughout the game. I wouldn't mind seeing more original ones, such as from Twilight, or even just more color swatches, like from Ocarina.

I could spot that thing ten miles down the road as being fake. I saw the Star Wars art right of the bat. I didn't really believe the interview either. Besides, as son as you saw the pictures of the guns, it's over right there. Nintendo isn't giving Link a .45 anytime soon. :P

At 8/1/07 02:58 AM, Auz wrote: I mean several kind of tunics needed for different kind of situations. And of course it´d be better if they were not the same than the Kokiri tunic. The zora suit was indeed not that great, and I never used the Magic Armor that much except in the Cave of Ordeals where you absosutely are gonna need it. It was a nice idea and the armor looked pretty good, but it had just too many downsides.

I used the Zora armor a lot actually. Once you get past the helm, it's a sweet outfit. As for the magic armor, it again looked pretty damn cool, but I also seldom used it. Did a bit as a precaution in the Cave of Ordeals (Which I didn't find to be much of an ordeal) and just messing around, though.

The way I see it, they always have the two options of Goron/Red and Zora/Blue outfits. They don't even have to grant the same abilities as in the past. Maybe they are required to communicate with the Zoras, or so the Gorans are willing to communicate with you?

Then, take an idea from Link's Awakening DX: the power tunics. You had red and blue tunics in that game, one which bolstered attack and another with powered up defense. Through those types in the mix as well.

At 8/1/07 10:49 AM, Zoraxe7 wrote: I dont know what you guys are on about, I can deffinatly see link holding an axe, just make it so it feels differetly as a weopen, slower, more powerful, not able to attack diaganoly.

I'm neutral for the axe. I can and can't see it.

This I can picture. LoZ is definitely in the time period where this is possible, and you could diferentiate it from the traditional bow by allowing it to fire faster, and aim further.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-01 12:13:20

At 7/31/07 10:11 PM, LinkTheHeroOfTime wrote: What do you think about him, guys? Does he hit a door slamming right in his face?

That happened to me once.

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-01 12:22:23

Hey I'm a big fan of LoZ =D
Can I join

OMahGawdI'monFire!!11!1!!1!!1

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-01 12:54:43

At 8/1/07 10:49 AM, Zoraxe7 wrote: And a cross-bow would be cool.

As 'cool' or more 'badass' a crossbow might appear, most of you probably forgot the fact that a crossbow is only effective for short distances compared to a large bow. Besides, Link has the strength to handle a large bow and even enchant it with various elements, even.

Now bringing back the giant hammers and enchanting that with light is what we need.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-01 13:33:54

At 8/1/07 12:54 PM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 8/1/07 10:49 AM, Zoraxe7 wrote: And a cross-bow would be cool.
As 'cool' or more 'badass' a crossbow might appear, most of you probably forgot the fact that a crossbow is only effective for short distances compared to a large bow. Besides, Link has the strength to handle a large bow and even enchant it with various elements, even.

Now bringing back the giant hammers and enchanting that with light is what we need.

Agreed. The ice, fire and light arrows were one of the things that missed me when I played TP. Talking about weapons, who thinks the ball and chain in TP was a nowhere. I mean, it is a useful item I admit, but the moment I saw it was on the ground, it make me say : ''Oh no, don't tell me I can pick this ridiculous weapon.''

Member of the Zelda Club

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-01 13:39:46

At 8/1/07 01:33 PM, LinkTheHeroOfTime wrote: Talking about weapons, who thinks the ball and chain in TP was a nowhere. I mean, it is a useful item I admit, but the moment I saw it was on the ground, it make me say : ''Oh no, don't tell me I can pick this ridiculous weapon.''

Don't diss the Ball & Chain. Link using savage and such unconventional weapons is one step in the right direction to a more versatile hero.

I still demand a Golden Hammer infused with Light.

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-01 16:15:00

At 8/1/07 01:39 PM, HaroFreak wrote: Don't diss the Ball & Chain. Link using savage and such unconventional weapons is one step in the right direction to a more versatile hero.

I still demand a Golden Hammer infused with Light.

Don't forget to use tables for cover and chairs so slam the ennemis.

And for your hammer, would you wand a Megaton Hammer with a Light Aura on it :P

Member of the Zelda Club

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-01 19:05:46

At 7/30/07 11:08 AM, blamninja1 wrote: Midna barely helps me for TP, I get so pissed when I need to know something and Midnas like "We need to find Zelda!" GODDAMMIT I hate that.

Well then maybe you should try and DO IT YOURSELF!!! Or can you not comprehend that you have to use the ball and chain on the chandeliers?

Yes I'm back for now.

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-01 19:41:49

Twilight-Knight, What is your opinion of link with weopens like axes and cross bows?
Some like me thinks that will be good, others dont.

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-02 13:17:13

At 8/1/07 07:41 PM, Zoraxe7 wrote: Some like me thinks that will be good, others dont.

Though Link having either weapon is a good idea to make Link be more of a versatile warrior, they are better off as sub-weapons alongside the larger bow and perhaps an alternative to the Sword.

Advantages of the crossbow may be a faster firing rate but it has less damage potential and less range than the default large bow.

As for the battle axe, it can be the equivalent of the Daigoron Sword but is much slower. It can have the advantage of breaking through armored enemies but doing only half damage (as opposed to none), though.

I would really like to see more airborne-type weapons for aerial combat. The explosive arrows is a step in the right direction.

Oh, and what about mixing spells and utilising magic more? I hardly find myself running out of MP in Ocarina of Time even without the double magic bar enhancement and with infinite MP in Majora's Mask, it makes the double bar a near-moot point already.

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-02 13:45:30

At 8/1/07 10:49 AM, Zoraxe7 wrote: I dont know what you guys are on about, I can deffinatly see link holding an axe, just make it so it feels differetly as a weopen, slower, more powerful, not able to attack diaganoly.

huh? then you may like link with a machine gun and navy with a bazooka !!
Goddamm it
lollollollollol

|TJPPC| |ZC| |NG Police| | TS crew|

My mail

Newgrounds Rocks!!

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-02 13:48:01

At 8/2/07 01:45 PM, fuck-u-now wrote: huh? then you may like link with a machine gun and navy with a bazooka !!
Goddamm it
lollollollollol

Come back when you start making some goddamn sense. <_<

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-02 13:56:07

At 8/2/07 01:03 PM, MisterJoystick wrote: itss relliey awesume tht i got a commment from a mann as kool as U!!

Go get your grammar sheet and come back when you will be able to spell right.

At 8/2/07 01:17 PM, HaroFreak wrote: Oh, and what about mixing spells and utilising magic more? I hardly find myself running out of MP in Ocarina of Time even without the double magic bar enhancement and with infinite MP in Majora's Mask, it makes the double bar a near-moot point already.

You mean spells like Din's Fire, Nayru's Love or the elemental arrows? Hell yeah, it would be nice if they add more magic in this one. The magic was one of the things that missed me the most. Altough Link in TP was more like a warrior chosen by the gods with no magic (that was making him a true warrior if you ask me).

Member of the Zelda Club

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-02 14:00:04

At 8/2/07 01:56 PM, LinkTheHeroOfTime wrote: You mean spells like Din's Fire, Nayru's Love or the elemental arrows? Hell yeah, it would be nice if they add more magic in this one.

Mix the three spells, and you get a high power spell called "Hell & Heaven".

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-02 14:07:01

At 8/2/07 02:00 PM, HaroFreak wrote: Mix the three spells, and you get a high power spell called "Hell & Heaven".

What the Hell & Heaven is supposed to be? Don't tell you are trying to said to me the three goddesses hve also did those ''life after dead'' things.

Member of the Zelda Club

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-02 14:13:03

At 8/2/07 02:07 PM, LinkTheHeroOfTime wrote: What the Hell & Heaven is supposed to be? Don't tell you are trying to said to me the three goddesses hve also did those ''life after dead'' things.

*Sigh*
Here is the best visual example I have, note the voice carefully so you'll get the punchline.

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-02 14:28:56

At 8/2/07 01:48 PM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 8/2/07 01:45 PM, fuck-u-now wrote: huh? then you may like link with a machine gun and navy with a bazooka !!
Goddamm it
lollollollollol
Come back when you start making some goddamn sense. <_<

ok
but , hey im trying to learn how to write in english ..
do you think it is easy to learn a new f**kin lenguage , huh ?

My mail

Newgrounds Rocks!!

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-02 14:32:39

At 8/2/07 02:28 PM, fuck-u-now wrote: but , hey im trying to learn how to write in english ..

I do, but the case in point is that language does not equal Common Sense.

Now go away.

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-02 14:37:12

At 8/2/07 02:32 PM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 8/2/07 02:28 PM, fuck-u-now wrote: but , hey im trying to learn how to write in english ..
I do, but the case in point is that language does not equal Common Sense.

Now go away.

ok, see you in hell

My mail

Newgrounds Rocks!!

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-02 14:43:15

At 8/2/07 02:13 PM, HaroFreak wrote: *Sigh*
Here is the best visual example I have, note the voice carefully so you'll get the punchline.

You are a real maniac of GaoGaiGar (Did I spell it good?), don't you? This power was like a destructive dashing attack. And I can't understand Japanese.

At 8/2/07 02:28 PM, fuck-u-now wrote: ok
but , hey im trying to learn how to write in english ..

For real? What's your natal language, French?

Member of the Zelda Club

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2007-08-02 14:47:53

At 8/2/07 02:43 PM, LinkTheHeroOfTime wrote: You are a real maniac of GaoGaiGar (Did I spell it good?), don't you? This power was like a destructive dashing attack. And I can't understand Japanese.

The punchline and why I am constantly bringing up GGG and Zelda together is because the voice actor who does Link and Guy (Main Character of GGG) is ONE AND THE SAME.