00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

harkhan71 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help!!! (this Is My First Post :d)

667 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

HOW THE F--K DO you put SOUND into your flash animations? Im confused O_o
please help me... im a newb :(

Response to Help!!! (this Is My First Post :d) 2006-03-30 07:55:53

file > import to library. go to the folder where your music is. make sure no mp3 player or any other media player is playing your song, make sure it isn't sellected in any explorer windows either.

once it's in your library, go to your stage, click the keyframe in which you want the sound to begin. go to your properties tab (if it is not up, go to window > properties > properties (or ctrl+F3)) on the right of the properties window, it will say Sound: None v (that v is the little drop down arrow). click the little drop down aarow, and pick the sound you want. add your effects, if you want it to fade in, or fade out or whatnot. (effects are simple, its a timeline, for the left speaker and the right speaker, you can create new points to effect the sound by moving the points about and whatnot)

synch: there are several different kinds of synchs. if you want it to play along with your movie, and match up with it, set the sound to 'stream'. in stream, you can either set it to loop, in which it will keep looping over the duration of your movie, WITH the time line, or repeat, in which you can chose how many times you want it to repeat. event synch, is good if you want one frame, and want the song to play through that one frame. this is not recommended for movies, as often the song extends longer than the flash, and just wastes file size, a common problem i see all too often in the portal. if you want it to loop nicely, with almost a ytmnd loop feel, choose event, then set the sound to loop, and it will synch up a loop nicely if possible. don't worry about start and stop, you probably won't really need them.

next time, yes, please ask this in the flash forum, but i hope this has helped you out :D i have attached a screenshot to help you out as well :0

Help!!! (this Is My First Post :d)

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Help!!! (this Is My First Post :d) 2006-03-30 19:20:49

Response to Help!!! (this Is My First Post :d) 2006-03-31 00:46:56

Honestly though, Zendra is right. If you have any other flash related questions, you'll get the most amount of helpful responses by posting in the NG flash forum.