00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LemynLyme just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Question for synj...

1,032 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Question for synj... 2003-01-21 21:13:00

Hi, I just want to know how did you do your fill for all your character, did you draw lines and fill them up and erase them after...

excuse my english... I'm not good in to it.

Response to Question for synj... 2003-01-22 00:20:27

At 1/21/03 09:13 PM, Soadaman wrote: Hi, I just want to know how did you do your fill for all your character, did you draw lines and fill them up and erase them after...

excuse my english... I'm not good in to it.

Sorry - I'm not synj, but I think I know how he did that, and I'm gonna try to help you, since synj may not have time to answer all of the questions people ask him.

It's likely that he did fill lines, filled it, and erased them after. It's pretty easy to make guide lines like that, and if you want to make frame-by-frame animation like that, you can just use onion skins to get close to the same fill for the objects for each frame if they're rapidly changing, copy and PASTE IN PLACE on another frame and then editing it, or turning them into movie clips / graphics in the insert menu.

Hope you can benefit from this, because if not, I'm sorry, I'm just some Canadian guy on an American website (NewGrounds) who tried to help you.

Response to Question for synj... 2003-01-22 13:10:25

hi.

well, it's pretty primitive actually. I draw black outlines, fill them with a color, and then paint in the shading. not sure how that helps anything.. but that's what I do. hehe

Response to Question for synj... 2003-01-22 17:32:39

thx synj, I was doin' the same thing but I was not sure if it was the good things to do,

thx

Response to Question for synj... 2003-01-25 23:39:26

sure.. don't thank Mr_Y for the time he spent typing out a bunch of crap for you.....

Response to Question for synj... 2003-01-26 18:41:23

At 1/25/03 11:39 PM, MarChrismer wrote: sure.. don't thank Mr_Y for the time he spent typing out a bunch of crap for you.....

Ah well, it's ok... thanks, MarChrismer - I kinda did feel left out. I just try to help people, and if they don't give a damn, then wtf can I do about it? n e ways, there's no reason for this topic to stay alive now, since his question's been answered.

BTW, it's good synj came and answered his question. Thanks synj. Great job on your artwork - your flash work kicks ass.

Response to Question for synj... 2003-01-26 20:08:30

synj is the shit