00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duckyellow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

World leader- a good idea?

1,458 Views | 34 Replies

World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-27 10:52:23

Hey. I was thinking, most of the governments of the world are corrupt right now, so.....

How would you guys think of one, capable and benevolent ruler who would govern the entire world at once?

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-27 12:38:30

no because there would be even more corruption.

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-27 12:43:37

and i'm sure places like north korea would be pretty pissed at that

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-27 12:46:38

It is becomming more and more likely all the time. with instant communications all over the world, the world has become small enough to govern with a global government. the problem is corruption. i absolutely hate corruption and think it is one of the biggest problems in our government right now.

if we dont eventually get one leader of the planet, we will at least need a unified government of the major nations of the world. to progress into the future, we need to share resources and stop thinking of us as your country or people like you, and start thinking of us being the entire human race. the sooner we think like this, the sooner we will cure all of our worst problems.

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-27 12:54:14

Ok, lets say I agree with you, any truely benevolant dictator would realise that he could not possibly rule the whole world by himself. He needs to appoint representatives to run each area for him, under his guidance.

It makes sense that these leaders are democratically elected from members of the population, to make sure they reflect the needs and wants of the community.

It also makes sense to say the only truely neutral ruler would be a computer program or a comittee of member states.

So, we now have - logically - an organisation comprised of the states it affects, with each state electing its own leader. Sound similar to the EU or USA to you?

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-27 13:02:40

That'll never happen in the kind of society we operate in. Aside from the fact that a small cabal of the elite is much more stable than a single ruler, if one person were to govern every country on the globe they could never accurately represent the needs of individual societies. Unless of course they were phenomenally clever. Which is doubtful.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-27 13:41:10

it is perfectly possible, maybe not through demoracy but through war and tyranny a dictatorship could be formed.

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-27 13:41:15

I'm all for the US being the World Leader.

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-27 14:04:09

At 2/27/06 01:41 PM, MoralLibertarian wrote: I'm all for the US being the World Leader.

and im sure the rest of the world agrees. Americans are the supperior race after all..

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-27 14:25:38

At 2/27/06 10:52 AM, Dahomies wrote: Hey. I was thinking, most of the governments of the world are corrupt right now, so.....

How would you guys think of one, capable and benevolent ruler who would govern the entire world at once?

soz m8 someone beat you to it a while ago http://www.newground../topic.php?id=377817

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-27 14:56:37

At 2/27/06 02:04 PM, metalmonkey1 wrote:
At 2/27/06 01:41 PM, MoralLibertarian wrote: I'm all for the US being the World Leader.
and im sure the rest of the world agrees. Americans are the supperior race after all..

Silly monkey, American isn't a race.

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-27 15:00:51

At 2/27/06 02:56 PM, MoralLibertarian wrote:
Silly monkey, American isn't a race.

Well how the hell can Jewish be a race? Distinct features?

Americans are all overweight.. cant that be our distinct feature?

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-27 15:04:31

Man don't you just love those angry anti-american little cunts? Boy howdy I sure do!

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-27 15:06:35

At 2/27/06 03:04 PM, Ramnath wrote: Man don't you just love those angry anti-american little cunts? Boy howdy I sure do!

im not anti american.. Im just fat. honky

A person is of a jewish race (people of jewish decent are actually concidered to be in a race of their own according to organic chemistry).. so why cant fat americans have their own race?

And sure not all americans are fat.. but not all Jews have long noses.

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-27 15:09:58

It could work but then you would need a world congress and a world supreme court. People are more politically active when their govenor does something not their legislator(s). I mean they look up to them.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-27 15:14:36

Actually, considering how efficiently run our airports are, I guess we can run lots of other things.

Divide it up like this:

Transportation: US
Defense: US (cause we have to have some sort of defense. You never know what might happen)
Manufacturing: China and North Korea
Healthcare: Scandinavian nations

Etc.

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-27 23:50:03

Ok. Sure, my theory is kinda flawed, but still!

If this ruler person was really benevolent and he hired good government representatives to help him , then he would probably be really popular.

I'm not up for the US doing this....

The're not all that popular as of right now.

Any idea about who could do this?

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-28 00:16:12

The world isnt ready for a unified government. Yet. Maybe by the end of the century.

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-28 03:12:09

The task of trying to govern the entire world would be too hard to manage and with the immense diversity under a united world every topic and issue brought up would take a millenia to work out and find a situation that appealed to everyone.

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-28 05:05:40

Entrusting the government too one leader would only be accomplished through a dictatorship. And of course, in all aspects the american freedom would be obliterated through a dazzling combination of corruption and military force. One day in a few hundred years, yeah their will probably be a one world government, if we still exist. But it would not be benefitial.

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-28 09:08:18

No, absolutely not. If you thought the bureaucracy and red tape in Washington was a mess, it's nothing compared to what would be in a world wide government.

If anything, government should be shifted more towards the other direction--more locally.

So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we had the key...

BBS Signature

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-28 12:30:43

At 2/27/06 11:50 PM, Dahomies wrote: Ok. Sure, my theory is kinda flawed, but still!

If this ruler person was really benevolent and he hired good government representatives to help him , then he would probably be really popular.

Its unrealistic, name me one leader that wasnt corrupt or didnt have his own agenda attached to his country.

you should all know this famous quote

power corrupts but absaloutle power corrupts absaloutley

if you give one person power over all other then he is going to abuse it, take from the poor and live in a swanky place.

i think your idea is childish and not thought through.

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-28 13:40:53

What makes you say that? I'm sure the rest of the world wouldn't agree, did you go to everybody in the world and personally asked them? We can set the patriotic feelings aside. I think what you meant to say is that America is a world leader which has the most money. By the way, Americans aren't a race.

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-28 13:56:10

This is a very bad idea, but if it happened, I would rater it be many people, one man from each country. If one man ruled the world, then he would go mad with greed, thats what politicians do, maybe if Rex Murphy or David Susuki ruled the world it would go nicely, but the way it is now is just fine.

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-28 14:59:03

I'd hardly say America is superior in any way, America exploited the slave trade(Due to there own laws they've screwed themselves out of explanding a super economy) and also uses force to block/open trade routes to benefit there own interest, hardly qualitys a world leader needs. Also the EU has a larger economy than the US and there more than half the size. Get over yourself...America is nothing special.

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-28 15:36:02

At 2/28/06 12:30 PM, Wadger wrote:
At 2/27/06 11:50 PM, Dahomies wrote: Ok. Sure, my theory is kinda flawed, but still!

Its unrealistic, name me one leader that wasnt corrupt or didnt have his own agenda attached to his country.

George Washington

Between the idea And the reality

Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-28 15:37:27

lol good joke

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-28 16:37:08

Are you frekin kidding me?!? A single ruler would be a terrible idea not only for the fact that there is corruption rampant in any government but the poor dude ((or dudess)) would be the single biggest assaisination target for every single radical group out there.
The person would have to live in a bunker all his life for gods sake! Who the &*$% would want to live like that

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-28 17:47:25

Yeah...like America would go for that.

Response to World leader- a good idea? 2006-02-28 17:49:30

I would like to see America become world leader, for a little while. If George Bush was World leader, who would he wage war on? The moon?