00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Header Updates

22,475 Views | 225 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 19:55:54

You know I should psot a screen shot of the header showing that I am not logged in, yet posting :)
Small flaw, since I log in odd way, at least James fixed the problem I emailed him the other day.

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 19:58:56

The new site rocks guys, cannot wait till newgrounds becomes super big in the u pcoming years :)

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 20:02:34

Thanks for the "save me" button, It's helpful.

I guess the only thing I would want to see different, and youve probably heard this before, is to swap the "mature" button for "Forums". Right now, its too easy for younger people to see and click "mature", but its harder for everyone else to see the link to the BBS. Since the BBS is so widely used, I'd personally recommend putting it in the place of Mature on the NavBar.

However, it's your Newgrounds.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 20:05:10

check this game out, it went live an hour ago.

<a>http://www.foodfacts.com.au/evolution/

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 20:06:41

Coolies on getting publicity.
Btw I'm going to kill a few birds with one giant posting stone. I like the slogan. I am an Angsty Teen, but that's not the point. I think, it kind of does make sense. Because it's many of the problems people have today. They're so busy about tomorrow they've never just stopped, relax, and look at the clouds. (Well some have, but those are drug users, hippies, or both).
If society just kicked back and relaxed, things would be much calmer. Then again, we wouldn't have fuel to light a flame to ensure comedy. I noticed that today when I was in my Acting Class. Sterotypes are actually more funny than Scat and Sex.
But this is merely the opinion of an angsty teen.

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 20:14:18

Looking great. I don't think the slogan is bland though. I'd keep it as is. I really like the slogan and how true it is. Way better than the problems of the future today. It's great to see what you're doing with the site. Change can never hurt and I'm quite excited to see the rest when it's done. Way to go tom!

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 20:49:05

At 2/16/06 11:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: We've tweeked the header some more, so there is now a checkbox to "Save!" your login info. If you check this box, you will remain logged in to NG with each visit.

Also, when you log in, it will now refresh the current page. This makes it easier to get to work, since most of the time users aren't trying to access their account info. If you do need to access your account info, simply click the "ACCOUNT OPTIONS" button that appears after you log in. We are hoping this way works best for most people!

excellent, it definitely was annoying before when it automatically sent you to your profile page

So the buttons might still be too big, the vertical height too tall, and the slogan too bland - but beyond that - any other bugs / glitches with the new header?

no, its great, and the buttons are not too big, the vertical height is not too tal, and the slogan is not too bland. everything is great how it is!

BTW - we noticed a dramatic increase in sign-ups yesterday. If the trend continues, it means the new header has encouraged a lot more people to sign up for accounts. Hopefully that's a good thing! :)

I KNEW IT!! the moment i saw the new header i thought to myself that it would lead to a ton more sign ups because the way the new header is designed, it is MUCH easier for a new user to navigate and its so much more 'in-your-face'. this is the same reason some NG users dislike the change, but i know that for visiters, the new header is a big improvement.

also, i should mention that i dugg newgrounds on digg.com when the new header was released, and it might have caused more traffic to newgrounds. (i doubt it was that much because my digg submission never got onto the front page)

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 20:56:09

At 2/16/06 11:47 AM, liljim wrote:
At 2/16/06 11:45 AM, Zendra wrote: Stuff.
There are still a few tweaks to be made, I'm working on that.

Liljim, you know we love you.

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 20:58:27

At 2/16/06 07:58 PM, ScreamDecay wrote: The new site rocks guys, cannot wait till newgrounds becomes super big in the u pcoming years :)

Haha, most people would think being ranked around the top 500 of all websites would be super big.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 21:01:51

is newgrounds really that big?

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 21:10:48

At 2/16/06 09:01 PM, wat_u_smokin wrote: is newgrounds really that big?

well, no, but almost. newgrounds is currently ranked at 654 of all websites on the internet.

http://www.alexa.com../?url=newgrounds.com

course, the rank goes back and forth between 1000 and 500 very frequently.

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 21:14:55

At 2/16/06 08:58 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
Haha, most people would think being ranked around the top 500 of all websites would be super big.

As long as it wasn't # 500 :P
But I think you should change the Mature buttons for Forum.
Mature is just a collection when you get down to it. Forums isn't.

I'll Eat Your Face

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 21:34:32

Cool, i couldnt completely like the new header without the save info option, im really glad it was put in. Now in my opinion theres nothing wrong really nwith the header, i rather like the large size of it. I bet it will only look better once you change the site layout to fit in with it. And the slogan, i think it fits perfectly with what NG has become.

A lot more sign ups than usual eh? Well thats a good thing, unless all of them are new barney bunch members :S.

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 22:13:15

I've had trouble switching between my account and my friends when were comparing stats an my laptop, it could be glitch, or it could be my system i dunno

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 22:18:32

When i logged on yesterday i was suprised yes ot see the new NG look, its good n all but the only prob i have is in the audio section. The play button to stream a song *without DL'ing it perm* no longer works! How are we to find our muzak! BTW if you already fixed the prob then ill just say nvm! Good work though new looks are always nice.

Giovanni "GioCoVier" Contreras

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 22:23:27

hey Tom I like the new header you and Stamper made looks great and makes the site much nicer as well can't wait until the other pages are updated, I just wish when I log in to my account it would not take me out of ther page I was on when I log in are you going to fix this?

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 22:46:16

It's probably the biggest flash based site.

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 22:51:14

Yes. It's worth millions of dollars.

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 23:04:19

It's twice the size of the country Luxemburg :D

SIG YOINK!

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-17 02:36:29

At 2/16/06 11:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: So the buttons might still be too big, the vertical height too tall, and the slogan too bland - but beyond that - any other bugs / glitches with the new header?

Nope, seems like the header works fine.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-17 04:26:08

Still tacky, still childish lookin', still looks like we went back in time.

Don't like it.

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-17 04:57:26

hey Tom Great Job Man On The New Header But I THink We Should HAve BIg Buttons For the bbs,chat, psp, webcams ect. I Am Verry Pleased With The Header Otherwise But There Is Still Room For Improvement, but i guess you ahve been verry buisy tom what with the behemoth and all, but you said that you were going to lre- format the entire site to match with the new header because it sort of stands out a bit, but thats awsome about all those people that have signed up rocking!
anywayz good job tom-o did good man.

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-17 05:41:02

At 2/16/06 11:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: So the buttons might still be too big, the vertical height too tall, and the slogan too bland - but beyond that - any other bugs / glitches with the new header?

Yes there is are no catchy little pictures at the top, those things rocked even if you changed them just as long as there is something besides the logo up there.

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-17 06:11:37

Maybe it's just me but even with the savebox checked, I still log off when restarted with Firefox.

NG Review Moderator // Report Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-17 06:12:49

At 2/17/06 06:11 AM, BahamutReborn wrote: Maybe it's just me but even with the savebox checked, I still log off when restarted with Firefox.

Whoops, just needed to clear the cookies/caches.

NG Review Moderator // Report Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-17 06:57:50

This "remain" logged in thing is the greatest inovation to newgrounds in years.

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-17 07:56:46

At 2/16/06 11:44 AM, Shin-Tenshu wrote: change the tank too.....upgrade it

y would he change the tank when he just changed it!?!

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-17 08:07:30

At 2/16/06 09:10 PM, MR_ASSMAN wrote:
well, no, but almost. newgrounds is currently ranked at 654 of all websites on the internet.

http://www.alexa.com../?url=newgrounds.com

course, the rank goes back and forth between 1000 and 500 very frequently.

That's just traffic though, which means its the websites set as homepages that have the most traffic

i expect all the "top" sites are probably just search engines

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-17 08:48:45

At 2/17/06 06:57 AM, JustinBianchi wrote: This "remain" logged in thing is the greatest inovation to newgrounds in years.

Erm, we had that on the old header, it just got lost during transfer to the new one.

At 2/17/06 08:07 AM, Noob-Antichrist wrote: That's just traffic though, which means its the websites set as homepages that have the most traffic

i expect all the "top" sites are probably just search engines

I've got Newgrounds as my homepage. I <3 Newgrounds, show your support and do the same :D

SIG YOINK!

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-17 09:26:22

At 2/17/06 08:48 AM, James_Prankard_Inc wrote: I've got Newgrounds as my homepage. I <3 Newgrounds, show your support and do the same

I've had NG as my homepage for months now :)

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature