00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Header Updates

22,443 Views | 225 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:06:43

It's beautiful Tom, I love it. As long as you never change the main color scheme of Newgrounds then I'll stand by your decisions :D

XBOX LIVE /// KevRS

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:10:11

At 2/16/06 12:02 PM, Noob-Antichrist wrote:
If it's that much of a problem, change the resoloution to a smaller size

i'm fine with it

This is just catering to the 640x480 crowd, which is virtually non-existant anymore. It's just pointless.

No more fucking moving .gifs? WHAT THE HELL. FUCK YOU.

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:11:27

I agree with a few other people that the forum needs a bigger button... maybe switch it with mature just to make NGs image a bit better :P
Also i never really liked it how people covered up the buttons url with stuff like Flash Portal Games etc (when you hover mouse over a link, look at bottom of screen in IE) it looks like youv got something to hide :P
Any new layout news ???

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:13:51

At 2/16/06 12:10 PM, Jossos wrote:
At 2/16/06 12:02 PM, Noob-Antichrist wrote:
If it's that much of a problem, change the resoloution to a smaller size

i'm fine with it
This is just catering to the 640x480 crowd, which is virtually non-existant anymore. It's just pointless.

the site is set for 800x600, not that

but i can understand what you mean, i'm not changing, though it did look cool when i looked at the site with 800x600

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:18:12

At 2/16/06 12:10 PM, Jossos wrote::

With 640 * 480, you would get side scroll. The site is designed to work at 800 * 600 upwards (and there are PLENTY of people out there still running at that resolution).

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:20:51

At 2/16/06 12:18 PM, liljim wrote: With 640 * 480, you would get side scroll. The site is designed to work at 800 * 600 upwards (and there are PLENTY of people out there still running at that resolution).

Unfortunatly so =( I remember when you discussed changing the site res to 1024x768, which I think would be great - though it doesn't look too bad how it is.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:22:53

At 2/16/06 11:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: We've tweeked the header some more, so there is now a checkbox to "Save!" your login info. If you check this box, you will remain logged in to NG with each visit.

Thank you! It was pretty annoying to not be able to stay logged in especially if the browser window got closed and reopened.

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:24:00

At 2/16/06 11:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: We've tweeked the header some more, so there is now a checkbox to "Save!" your login info. If you check this box, you will remain logged in to NG with each visit.

Thank GOD!

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:24:41

Thanks for the update Tom and i don't notice any bugs or glitches my way.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:25:41

>=(. Needs more wide. Logic has nothing to do with my demand.

No more fucking moving .gifs? WHAT THE HELL. FUCK YOU.

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:25:43

Yay!!! *clicks"

So the buttons might still be too big, the vertical height too tall, and the slogan too bland - but beyond that - any other bugs / glitches with the new header?

None whatsoever here, it's looking great.
Do you have any ideas for the slogan yet?

BTW - we noticed a dramatic increase in sign-ups yesterday. If the trend continues, it means the new header has encouraged a lot more people to sign up for accounts. Hopefully that's a good thing! :)

Heh, soon we'll be 3 times the size of luxemburg :D

At 2/16/06 12:18 PM, liljim wrote: The site is designed to work at 800 * 600 upwards (and there are PLENTY of people out there still running at that resolution).

Yeah, I use 1280-1024, thanks for including me without the scroll :P

SIG YOINK!

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:26:45

At 2/16/06 11:50 AM, -Casualty- wrote: Yay! Gets better every day!

I agree I think it is better then yesterday. =)

But still I liked the old one better but what's complaining gonna accomplish. = |

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:33:44

At 2/16/06 12:18 PM, liljim wrote: With 640 * 480, you would get side scroll. The site is designed to work at 800 * 600 upwards (and there are PLENTY of people out there still running at that resolution).

NOOBS - ONLY!

I am designing my site for 1024*768+

I don't do with pixels; I do with percentages

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:40:36

it's pretty good, somehow it loads slower than the old one but apart from that and the huge button sizes and height its good

Please stop the Rickrolling!

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:45:44

There are certain good points about the new header and all, but IMO, the old one was a bit better, because it was more, I don't know, more internets, while the new one is way too mainstream. But that's just the little isolationist, who really doesn't want more new members on the site talking.

But as it is in your (Tom) best interest to gather more and more members, I'll quit my old-man bitching, and take it to a C&C thread and/or spinnoff forum ):

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:47:18

I like the updates, since it's relatively simple, I suggest a background for the username/password fields to make them look sexier, and perhaps shorten it with css?

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:53:13

At 2/16/06 11:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: So the buttons might still be too big, the vertical height too tall, and the slogan too bland - but beyond that - any other bugs / glitches with the new header?

I like the buttons being big and the header being verticle, stands out in a good way.

BTW - we noticed a dramatic increase in sign-ups yesterday. If the trend continues, it means the new header has encouraged a lot more people to sign up for accounts. Hopefully that's a good thing! :)

Good and bad; More noobs all around but maybe more talented artists. Anyone know when the entire sight will be stamperized?

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:55:36

Sexy. The only thing I'd now suggest is that where it says "Logged in as Evark" you should make it instead say "Logged in as Evark." I think it would be helpful to have a link to our profile on that page, if it could be managed. If not, that's cool too. I just know I'm pretty vain and like to look at my pretty face every couple of minutes. Kills my boner having to open account options and then click to view my profile.

Otherwise, total hotness. Or perhaps we could have a button underneath "Account Options" that says "View Profile." Either way would be cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:59:47

i thought it was weird i kept on having to sign in

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 13:01:23

i have no problem with the buttons being too big.
i actually like them a lot more now.
the only problem I gave with the header is it's width. for the rest it looks way better and more inviting.

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 13:19:40

At 2/16/06 11:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: BTW - we noticed a dramatic increase in sign-ups yesterday. If the trend continues, it means the new header has encouraged a lot more people to sign up for accounts. Hopefully that's a good thing! :)

Correlation does not imply causality. >:(
But if it's consistant over time then you can draw a reasonable hypothesis.

...NAHOIVEN!

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 13:23:42

Also, when you log in, it will now refresh the current page. This makes it easier to get to work, since most of the time users aren't trying to access their account info. If you do need to access your account info, simply click the "ACCOUNT OPTIONS" button that appears after you log in. We are hoping this way works best for most people!

Those were my main issues with the header when it comes to accessibility.
Now just to make nice buttons like the old ones that had icons and animation and work on the size of the header... I'm glad you are tweaking stuff to make it more comfortable...
Also for slogan I can honestly say I'd stick the original brilliance of “The problems of the future, today". It has humor in it in an odd sort of way that attracted me to it from the first.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 13:25:25

Hope the new designs by Stamper turn out great. And if 70% of people say they don't like the new slogan and the remainder is mostly people sucking up to you or are basing their opinions likewise to yours like a fuhrher, don't you think we shoould get a better slogan? I say turn it back to the problems of the future, today! For a while till you can fix this. Along with the rest of the complaints asking to fix something.

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 13:30:39

Yay! Go Tom! It was quite annoying when I had to keep on signing in over and over. The save button has saved all Newground users a large ammount of seconds that could have so carelessly been wasted. God bless you Tom, and the Newgrounds staff.

There was no sarcasm here! Yay! =D

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 13:58:29

Awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 14:00:31

I would have thought that by now most ppl would be using higher than 800x600, but whatever... i need high res for flashing...

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 14:05:47

I like the header...very professional. The people who don't like the "new look" obviously don't understand that this move is a move toward legitimacy, towards profits, which is VERY important if you want to suceed. It costs alot of money to run a site like this, and I think this will attract more advertising money, which will be great for everyone here. If you don't like advertising, open your on site without it and see how long it lasts with traffic like this one. It would be impossible. Congratulations guys. I think this is a step in the right direction.

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 14:10:38

thank god!

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 14:28:18

Am I the only who thinks that the flash and audio portal buttons should switch place? The audio portal button has the best position even though the flash portal is the heart and soul of this place - and it bugs me that I keep pressing the wrong button and always ending up at the audio portal...

Just a thought =P

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 14:29:24

Correlation does not imply causality. >:(
But if it's consistant over time then you can draw a reasonable hypothesis.

Are you the Marovingian?