00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

bbc4lunch just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Random Rant

20,622 Views | 194 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:23:55

There are a few things that have been getting on my nerves this past week, so at the risk of sounding like Foamy, I thought I would compile them into a single RANT post. So here goes!

1) Call of Duty 2 commercials. Don't open your commercial with a quote from a magazine calling it the best looking game ever, then follow up with fake footage of simulated gameplay. Every Call of Duty commercial does this; they never show actual footage of the game. It might not fool hardcore gamers, but I'm sure tons of people are flocking to stores expecting to re-live the experience they saw on TV. It's false advertising and it pisses me off every time the commercial comes on!

2) That song about Christmas shoes. Have you heard this one? It's a song about a guy who is Christmas shopping, when a poor disheveled boy comes in to the store to buy some shoes for his mom. You see, his mom is sick and his dad says she doesn't have much time, so he wants to be sure she looks nice if she meets Jesus tonight. The song is the most formulaic, pandering bullshit I've ever heard. It tackles all the key heart-tuggers: a poor kid who wants to help his dying mother, a guy who helps the poor kid do so, and lots of references to Jesus and God. It just reaks of bullshit trying to cash in on the season and even worse, the singer sounds like one of those voices you would hear in a South Park parody.

3) Dasani with Lemon. Last night I was in the mood for something a little more than a water, but not too much for my still recovering stomach. I really wanted a Pellegrino sparkling water, but apparently that is too upscale for Wawa (the best convenience store IN THE WORLD, btw). So I decided to try Dasani with Lemon. It's Dasani water, with a touch of lemon. I like water with lemon, but this stuff was sickening. It has this strange burning sensation in your throat and the feeling stays there until you rinse it out with regular water. You know what other drink does this? Bottled Lipton Iced Tea. I hate that stuff with a passion. Lipton tea bags are good, Lipton instant tea is fine, but I avoid Lipton bottled and canned iced tea like the plague. Both Dasani and Lipton are apparently using some chemical lemon substitute that tastes like ACID and someone needs to be fired over this. I thought I might be crazy, but I confirmed this with other people - the crap burns going down and is anything but refreshing.

4) Amazon. I've been a long-time Amazon.com supporter, but recently they have been getting on my bad side. First off, they seem to increasingly rely on alternate vendors to supply merchandise. I'll buy a CD through Amazon, but it will actually be sent to me by a third party vendor who is partnered with Amazon. I ordered a CD that was supposed to ship in 2-3 days and didn't get it until a month later. Amazon tries to dodge responsibility for this by making you deal with the vendor if you have problems. It's hurting their brand, though.

Also, April ordered some gifts through Amazon a whole month before Christmas. Unfortunately, we didn't open the box until we were wrapping gifts yesterday. Turns out the box was filled with someone else's order and now it's too late to replace it in time for Christmas. To make matters worse, April logged in to her account and Amazon was having a yet-to-be-resolved "technical problem" where she can't view her order history. When we tried to fill out a form to return the package, it wouldn't allow us to access the form because no order was on record (due to the technical problem). The recipients will be getting an IOU until we straighten things out with Amazon.

Alright, that's it for my rants. I saw a Call of Duty 2 commercial while I was typing this and I'm still pissed. It feels good to vent.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:25:15

This is the first time in history I saw Tom Fulp rant.

sockpuppetclock

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:28:34

You know were always here to listen to a good rant Tom.

o<:-)

o_O

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:29:17

I know how stupid those things can be Tom. Amazon, I don't use it, but my sister will have to wait for something from Amazon until after christmas, which fucking sucks. She even tried to order a first class, but couldn't. And about that wrong box, that was really bad and stupid. >:( That Call of Duty 2 advert, I can see how that advert can be really stupid.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:30:00

At 12/24/05 12:28 PM, Prellz wrote: You know were always here to listen to a good rant Tom.

o<:-)

yeah, they only come once in a blue moon. but the false advertising does piss me off. even though cod did look good in the game, it didn't look that good.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:30:02

At 12/24/05 12:23 PM, TomFulp wrote: Alright, that's it for my rants. I saw a Call of Duty 2 commercial while I was typing this and I'm still pissed. It feels good to vent.

Ha ha, we've been getting them here too :P

Just calm down Tom, tis Christmas <3

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:30:03

let it all out Tom :)

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:30:23

At 12/24/05 12:25 PM, fuckingannoyingalias wrote: LOL FIRST POST

LOL NOT FIRST POST.

btw, Tom, can you show us some pictures of the packages you got that you weren't supposed to get, so we can laugh at them.......becuase we're bored?......

:P

sockpuppetclock

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:31:59

I will offer you a punchbag for christmas!

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:35:46

sounds like you need some sort of stress relief ball...

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:36:49

ahhhhhhhhhhhh quit yer whingin' =)

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:39:30

definitely sucks when things go wrong for christmas.

One of the reasons I can't stand christmas. cause when it doesn't work out we are brainwashed into thinkin its all ruined..

I say. put on some soothing music, wear a christmas turtleneck sweater, and hold a nice cup of eggnog.

(sniff it only, your sick)

call your friends, and just smile :)

yeah ..... now thats christmas

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:40:09

In CoD2's defense, it is a freaking amazing game. Pretty much every reviewer will say that. But yeah, drop the quote (though there are too many dumb people out there that think it's all the reason they should get the game).

As for Amazon, they blow. I've stopped buying from them because everything I get is 3rd party. I'm sick of it.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:43:24

I hope you'll have a nice holiday and christmas anyway ;)

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:43:39

I had the same problem with Amazon. The fuggin pricks gave me a runaround.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:45:17

hahaha damn all the anger

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:49:05

Its X-mas , so dont worry about that Tom, enjoy it, except for the song about the shoes >.>

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:49:18

merry christmas

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:53:18

Merry Christmas! Anyway CoD2 Adverts Suck, I mean its Poorly done CGI, they may as well just Hired actors.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:56:07

At 12/24/05 12:25 PM, bigexplosions wrote: This is the first time in history I saw Tom Fulp rant.

First time for everything.

I kinda agree with some of the stuff that Tom said aswell. All commercials with ratings and quotes at the beggining should be toom of the air and burned. And i've heard that Crimbo song aswell about the shoes, true shit.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:56:35

Not just Call of Duty, but almost every single Football game ever made too, hell, that genre has been doing this for much longer in video game advertising.

I feel your pain though on the bottled water + flavor = nasty. Ever tried Vitamin water? They claim it's the best stuff in the world, yet it tastes like a leprechaun pissed in a bottle.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 12:59:47

Well Amazon sure sucks >:[

Merry Christmas by the way Tom.

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 13:00:32

Happy Christmas!
Merry Holidays!
Cwazy Hanukkah!
And a crappy New Year!

sockpuppetclock

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 13:02:31

Well, hopefully everything can get sorted out before Christmas. Thanks for informing us about Amazon, I won't be buying anything from there from now on. Happy holidays.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 13:03:53

Oh yeah, MERRY CHRISTMAS, Tom, to you and your families.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 13:06:01

I never did like Amazon.

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||

NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 13:09:30

At 12/24/05 12:23 PM, TomFulp wrote: Also, April ordered some gifts.

THAT APRIL. i told you not to marry her.

Merry xmas Tom and continued success.

-L

None

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 13:10:29

Yeah, I hate those comercials they think they can fool me haha :P. Well, I guess I won't be trying that water with lemon, or maybe you had a bad experience, I dunno. Nice rants though.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 13:11:59

Fucking Emo.

Joke please dont Super-Ban

Still Call of Duty is a good game :)

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 13:12:13

At 12/24/05 12:39 PM, MindChamber wrote: wear a christmas turtleneck sweater, and hold a nice cup of eggnog.

Somehow i cant picture you wearing a xmas turtleneck sweater.

-1 respect point

None

BBS Signature