00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GMan2006i just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Video Game Review Crew

36,312 Views | 705 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 00:30:57

At 12/5/05 10:02 PM, CrimsonRocker wrote: thanks for your apology but i dont see why you apologized.another thing how did your homework go!im a senior this year so homework isnt a priority for me!but dont worry once your a senior you will have privlages

oh homework went fine, mostly just math review for finals next week. uhm Im a sophmore, and I happen to be doing not so good. mostly because I dont really care because Im not going to college. I kind of have three ideas of what I want to do, either a movie director, game desgner, or game reviewer. I have a lot of stories that I've come up with which could either be turned into movies or video games but seeing as the video game market seems to be getting more popular I might go towards that more. uhm my kitty cat is craving for attention right now and bighting me as I type and pushing the keyboard so I think he wants to be pet.
thanks,
-G.C.

I dropped out in the third grade, and spent all my time at the arcade.

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 17:18:30

TITLE: Gungrave
GENRE: Third Person Shooter
CONSOL: PS2
PRICE: $5.00 - $10.00

First off, I thought the game was completely lacking in longevity. I was able to beat it in under an hour, and there are only 6 levels. The controls were a little sub-par for my tastes. Grave's mobility sucks. He jogs as opposed to runs when you hold the run button, and he turns left and right ultra slow. there are only 3 attacks in the game. 1. Shoot, 2. swing coffin, 3) demolition shot. the demolition shot is like a special attack. The better you do during the game, the more of them you unlock, but there are only 3 to unlock. I personally dont mind the controls(except for the mobility issues), but it really feels like it's lacking something. Another attack of some sort would have probably been nice

____________________SPOILERS FROM THE SHOW__________________
while the game follows the anime, it doesnt follow it that closely. I thought that was cool because I dont want to play the axact same thing that I watch every night. I did however have a problem with the final stage. In the anime, Harry mcDowell kills Big Daddy after taking over Millenion, his Mafia based organization. In the game big daddy is the second to last boss, who was keept alive, and mutated into what looks like a smaller version of the final boss of Final Fantasy 9. And while we're on the topic of bosses, I should add that the bosses in the game have nothing on the superiors in the anime, I would have much rather fought them.
--------------------------------END SPOILERS------------------------------

The cell shaded graphics were a nice release from the constant high quality game that ate out there.

All in all though, I felt the game was worth a 3/5 rating. It's fun at first, but it gets old quick. It is, however, a great game for those who are still stuck in "the Pac Man and Pong" era to play considering how simple the controls are. I recommend renting it first. If you want to buy it afterwards, then go for it.

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 17:20:21

TITLE: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
GENRE: Mystery / Horror
CONSOL: Game Cube Exclusively
PRICE: $10.00 - $15.00

PROLOGUE
Edward Roivas has been murdered. The police have no suspects and no leads. The body was so badly damageddamaged from the unknown assailant that Alex, Edwards grandaughter and only living relative, needs to come the Roivas estate to identify the body. After the police prove to be useless, Alex attemps to uncover the truth behind the death of her beloved grandfather.

OBJECTIVE
To solve the murder, you must first uncover the secrets of the house. The Tome of Eternal Darkness, a book that can be used for good or to bring about the a millenia of darkness, is hidden somewhere in the house. After you find it the story starts to unravel starting over 2000 years ago with the death of Augustu or roman legionaire and his rebirth as the champion of the approaching darkness.

SANITY
The game sounds all dark and spooky, but it's really not.... unless you play the way I do. You have three health bars. HP, MP, and Sanity. If see anything out of the ordinary, your sanity level goes down. The lower your sanity, the more your character halucinates. Some of these halucenations are great so I never heal my Sanity past the 1/4 mark. Here are a few of my favorites:
1. When you save, someimes it'll say all save files are being deleted, Go to Main screen?
2. When you enter a room the screen will say you're playing a demo, and says to go out and by the real thing.
3. The room will fill with enemies and the screen will say the controller isnt properly inserted while your character is being destroyed.
there are many more halucinations, but non actually interfere with game play. I found it to be highly original.

CONTROLS
The controls are very simple which makes the game easy to get into. A attacks, B is the action command, L is run, and R is auto lock. Now those are the simplest controls since Super Mario Bros. was the newest game out. You can also preset Magickal (yes they ripped of Allaster Crawly and put a K, at the end of "Magic") spells to the D pad and X button.

FINAL THOUGHTS
I highly recomend this game. The story line is solid, the action is intense, and the halucination factor makes it unpredictable. Game play is solid and you keep asking for more as you play through the Tome of Eternal Darkness to see man's destiny from the beginning to the climax.

RATING
I give Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem 10 out of 10, and with it's low price, recommend every one go out and by a copy. Definitely one of Game Cubes greatest games.

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 17:28:58

im back people thanks master stalker for both of your reviews if yall dont mind i need to go get my exp ill be back in a sec!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 18:05:21

At 12/6/05 05:28 PM, CrimsonRocker wrote: im back people thanks master stalker for both of your reviews if yall dont mind i need to go get my exp ill be back in a sec!

your welcome. So, how was hunting the other day?

I thought it would be easier to keep track of the reviews posted here by moving them to another read only forum. That'll be a hell of a lot easier than doing it G Man's way, plus you can read the reviews instead of just getting the rating. I'm already working on it but I want to know what other members think befor I finish it.

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 18:14:01

hunting did not go very good my lil brother killed 2 little cute deer!i thout i was gonna cry they were soo cute and he just killed them!and he wants to eat them!i told him i wasnt gonna eat a bit of bambi i thout they were soo cute and he just SHOT them!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 18:18:52

At 12/6/05 06:14 PM, CrimsonRocker wrote: hunting did not go very good my lil brother killed 2 little cute deer!i thout i was gonna cry they were soo cute and he just killed them!and he wants to eat them!i told him i wasnt gonna eat a bit of bambi i thout they were soo cute and he just SHOT them!

well if he doesnt eat bambi it means he killed it for nothing, but yeah, I feel the same way you do. I can go fishing, but I have too much compasion for life to kill a larger living being.

Anyways what do you think of my forum idea?

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 18:22:59

i think thats a good idea but what forum would we put it in!i mean like in general it might get locked!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 18:27:23

At 12/6/05 06:22 PM, CrimsonRocker wrote: i think thats a good idea but what forum would we put it in!i mean like in general it might get locked!

Some random free forum similar to the ones other clubs on NG use.

Also, the library closes at 7:00 so I have top leave in like 30 minutes :(

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 18:30:15

why dont you log on at your house or something?or do you not have a computer at your house?well we need to make like a website thats you can post in or something.maby a my space or something!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 18:43:59

At 12/6/05 06:30 PM, CrimsonRocker wrote: why dont you log on at your house or something?or do you not have a computer at your house?well we need to make like a website thats you can post in or something.maby a my space or something!

I have a computer at home but my phone is shut off so I cant go online. I have to walk to the library ever time I want to come to NG.

how about we wait until after christmas to work on the new forum. by that time I can work on it from home, plus it'll be christmas vacation so we'll definitely have som free time.

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 18:52:46

that sounds great but on like december 29th im going skien.me and a couple of friends are going to the rocky mountains to ski!i think it will be soooo fun!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 18:54:22

At 12/6/05 06:52 PM, CrimsonRocker wrote: that sounds great but on like december 29th im going skien.me and a couple of friends are going to the rocky mountains to ski!i think it will be soooo fun!

damn... My grandads birthday is on the 27th and I missed it the past 3 years. I real cant put that off. Are you still in school at all?

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 18:59:03

got to go, I'll be back on tomarrow from 3pm to 5pm

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 19:57:10

mmm, that forum idea sounds real cool. I know of a few free websites that will let us do forums. we would also get a ton of people if we made a myspace. but I think we should discuss more of this around christmas, that way we can get everything all set and release it for the new year. If we make a myspace I think it should be a profile rather than a group because that way we can get our friends to go and post stuff, or we could have both, that way we have our friends and like pictures of all of us, and also a forum thing. actually scratch that, myspace profile, and a seperate forum! then we can leave newgrounds and all those flamers!!! hahahhahahahahha! oh sorry got a little too excited. Well I think I might make a review of devil may cry 3 and then go play phantom dust.

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 20:21:51

Devil May Cry 3
platform: PS2
genre: 3rd person action adventure

recently, lots of movies and video games have featured characters in trench coats shooting demons and other random monsters. The most popular example of this would be the matrix trilogy, unfortunatley those movies, and many other ones with trench coat wearing heroes weren't so good. The Devil May cry franchise is somewhat of an exception to this stereotype. In all 3 DMC games you feel like your kicking ass from start to finish, even if you end up losing a whole bunch. When I played any of the games I felt like I didnt really know what was going on, but atleast I felt cool. DMC3 has a few new features from the old ones, but it's mostly the same, the only differences there are is that DMC3 is a prequal to the first one, so you get to find out where dante comes from, kinda. And also you get to use 4 new styles, this pretty much just takes each of the cool moves you could do in 1 and 2 and puts them in 4 different spots. this makes the game a bit more chalenging, which as you probably know already, the devil may cry games aren't so easy. There are some fun bosses and moves in DMC3 and it's a very challenging game, it also makes you feel like you go out and fight a huge horde of demons, and lose, but still look cool.
Good
+awesome moves
+makes you feel like your kicking ass
+looks like the matrix, but is 10 times better
Bad
-Can get frustrating at times
-camera can get in the way a little bit
-only a couple new things from the old ones
Score: 7.5/10
Bottome line: buy it if you dont get frustrated easily and want to feel like your kicking ass

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 21:09:32

Well, with the talk about the forum and myspace, I can take care of that really easily if you want me to. I have connections, and I know my way around myspace :)

Neverwinter Nights classic game review coming soon, prolly.

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 21:11:34

At 12/6/05 09:09 PM, WoogieNoogie wrote: Well, with the talk about the forum and myspace, I can take care of that really easily if you want me to. I have connections, and I know my way around myspace :)

Neverwinter Nights classic game review coming soon, prolly.

im looking foward to that review!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 21:14:49

At 12/6/05 09:11 PM, CrimsonRocker wrote: im looking foward to that review!

Yup, I'm uncovering alot of games I haven't played for a while...it's like Christmas before Christmas!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 21:17:29

you almost got 700 posts congrats.i wish i had 700 posts!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 21:26:50

At 12/6/05 09:17 PM, CrimsonRocker wrote: you almost got 700 posts congrats.i wish i had 700 posts!

Thanks for noticing :)

I don't know if it means I don't have a life or something...but I'm kinda proud of it :D

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 21:34:56

HEY I just set up a website with freewebs. check it out I added a chatroom, a blog, and a place we can put our reviews!
www.freewebs.com/1591317
tell me what I should add and stuff, you can create a profile in the "my blog" section.

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 22:05:31

Might I suggest using Sitesled instead? No ads...more space...

It's what I use, at least.

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 22:32:00

At 12/6/05 10:05 PM, WoogieNoogie wrote: Might I suggest using Sitesled instead? No ads...more space...

I tried it and here's what happened:
I filled out all the info, and it said to go check my email for the confirmation thing, so I went to my email and everything had been deleted cuz it was inactive for 60 days, so the confirmation thing was deleted as well. I went back hoping that they dont register people who havent been confirmed, but apparently they do, so I cant use that site without another email adress and another screen name. that sucks!

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 22:39:16

I see, I see...well, if you open a support ticket, I'm sure admin will get back to ya.

But the layout is nice! Did you use a template, builder, or coding by hand?

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 22:47:43

At 12/6/05 10:39 PM, WoogieNoogie wrote: I see, I see...well, if you open a support ticket, I'm sure admin will get back to ya.

But the layout is nice! Did you use a template, builder, or coding by hand?

uhm of freewebs I just used one of the templates they had there, there were more cooler ones but I went for the really simple looking one.

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-06 22:50:06

Im gonna go play Phantom Dust, when I return I want to see some people visiting my website!
www.freewebs.com/1591317

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-07 03:34:35

I would love to join this crew. Do you still do the rankings with the voting power?

I'm too damn lazy to make a decent sig right now.

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-07 15:08:35

CrimsonRocker: Do NOT post stolen reviews and claim them as your own work

At 12/5/05 05:44 PM, CrimsonRocker wrote: game:need for speed most wanted
The underground racing scene really exploded a few years ago and it has really changed the face of racing games. Everywhere you look you will see traces of this racing trend and in many areas it has really been a good thing for gamers.

OH LOOK

At 12/6/05 08:44 PM, CrimsonRocker wrote: well i have a review for all you guys!
Gameplay:

Let's get one thing straight. It's pretty important that a sports series which has had as many sequels as March Madness to stick with a formula that works. If by chance you played the '05 edition, then you should be pleased to know that you'll be able to slip right back into your gym socks and hit the court. Newcomers will find the gameplay easy enough to get into as well, especially if you have played any of the NBA Live series.

WELL I NEVER

Seriously, if you can't be bothered writing a review yourself, don't steal someone else's work to cover for it. I've deleted those two reviews. I'm not going to say who tipped me off about this, but if I hear word of posting stolen reviews again, there's a good chance that this topic will be locked. SO it's your choice whether you want to put it in jeopardy or not.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-07 17:34:41

hey folks im back from school finally so whats been going on do we have any new ideas on how to keep up with our reviews!i see that g-man has made a web page to keep our reviews!thats great,btw yes we are ranked by your vote power me and g man will come up with some rankings on the web page and post them here!