00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

creambee just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I say "favourite", you say...?

5,558 Views | 62 Replies
Respond to this Topic

I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 18:54:40

Hi all.

Tom and Wade inform me that For a long time now many of you have been wanting to add your own movies to your list of favourites rather than have them automatically selected for you, based on your Portal reviews.

Well, good news!

You now can. The easiest way is to log in, then go to the Portal. Choose a movie. If you like it, you'll find an "Add to favorites" icon in the view pages in the Portal, currently below the vote panel (the location of this image might change, when Tom works his magic). If you then click that icon, your menu will re-appear (maybe after a short time, if traffic is heavy). You will then be prompted to select where the movie you've clicked on goes in your ranking. If you select nothing and close the window, then it won't go anywhere. Otherwise, it will be ranked according to your preference.

There is another way - log into your grounds gold account and select the "Manage movies" option. In your management screen, there's a form field at the bottom, whereby you can manually enter the id of a movie. If you do not know what this means/entails, I suggest you don't use this function for now (or if other users would like to explain what I mean, go ahead :)).

In your listing of movies, you should see the movies (clickable) and an option to change or remove. The change option is to change the ranking of one of your existing movies. The remove option removes the specific movie in your list that you've opted to remove.

There's one more option, and that's to "Clear list" - if you click on this option and click "OK" to the prompt, your entire list will be reset.

At the moment, we're limiting the number of favourite movies to 10, but this may change in the near future.

OK, that's it! Give it a whirl, and if there are any problems with it, reply to this thread with the problems.

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 18:59:26

At 11/6/02 06:54 PM, liljim wrote: Hi all.

Tom and Wade inform me that For a long time now many of you have been wanting to add your own movies to your list of favourites rather than have them automatically selected for you, based on your Portal reviews.

Well, good news!

You now can. The easiest way is to log in, then go to the Portal. Choose a movie. If you like it, you'll find an "Add to favorites" icon in the view pages in the Portal, currently below the vote panel (the location of this image might change, when Tom works his magic). If you then click that icon, your menu will re-appear (maybe after a short time, if traffic is heavy). You will then be prompted to select where the movie you've clicked on goes in your ranking. If you select nothing and close the window, then it won't go anywhere. Otherwise, it will be ranked according to your preference.

There is another way - log into your grounds gold account and select the "Manage movies" option. In your management screen, there's a form field at the bottom, whereby you can manually enter the id of a movie. If you do not know what this means/entails, I suggest you don't use this function for now (or if other users would like to explain what I mean, go ahead :)).

In your listing of movies, you should see the movies (clickable) and an option to change or remove. The change option is to change the ranking of one of your existing movies. The remove option removes the specific movie in your list that you've opted to remove.

There's one more option, and that's to "Clear list" - if you click on this option and click "OK" to the prompt, your entire list will be reset.

At the moment, we're limiting the number of favourite movies to 10, but this may change in the near future.

OK, that's it! Give it a whirl, and if there are any problems with it, reply to this thread with the problems.

YES! THANK THE LORD. I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS. OH YEAH IT'S GO TIME

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 19:00:01

great!

I say

BBS Signature

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 19:13:18

Hell yea,
Thanks for that. I like how you guys are adding more stuff to the accounts lately. thats one of the things newgrounds is so good about.People benefit from it so it's going to keep them coming. Hope more things come up.

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 19:15:30

At 11/6/02 07:00 PM, thisisasignin wrote: great!

Its not great..... ITS SUPER GREAT..NO FANTASTICAL!!!

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 19:21:18

That's great news! I always thought that'd be a better way of showing people which movies are your favs. Good work boys.

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 19:34:10

wow, no dipshits were all like 'ooooh me first! im such a stupid homo that i have to try to be the first one to post and i think somebody actually gives a shit!' my day is now complete
PEACE

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 19:34:42

At 11/6/02 07:15 PM, Dobio wrote: Hey thisisasignin?

I hate to ask, but I saw the sig you made for Drakeflamezero, and I was wondering if you could make a sweet ass one for me? If you don't want to it's cool, but Drake's is kick ass so I just thought I'd ask. :D

sure
got a favorite color?
what does Dobio mean
want something speciific on it?

BBS Signature

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 19:43:41

At 11/6/02 07:34 PM, thisisasignin wrote:
At 11/6/02 07:15 PM, Dobio wrote: Hey thisisasignin?

I hate to ask, but I saw the sig you made for Drakeflamezero, and I was wondering if you could make a sweet ass one for me? If you don't want to it's cool, but Drake's is kick ass so I just thought I'd ask. :D
sure
got a favorite color?
what does Dobio mean
want something speciific on it?

cool hope soon you can delete unwanted reviews

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 19:44:02

I think in addition to this cool feature, you should let users who've made movies and games know which of their movies are in the favorites list of which users (like in the portal submissions page). or if that's too much, just like a running total of how many people have their movies as peoples' favorites.

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 20:11:39

Well, good news!

Liljim ur a 1337 K0d3r!

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 20:14:49

sweet, now I can finnaly get xiao xiao off my list finnaly.

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 20:25:52

WEED YES WEED!!!! U KNOW THATS WHAT I BOUT! HAHAHA

At 11/6/02 07:13 PM, KILL_EM_ALL wrote: Hell yea,
Thanks for that. I like how you guys are adding more stuff to the accounts lately. thats one of the things newgrounds is so good about.People benefit from it so it's going to keep them coming. Hope more things come up.

I say

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 20:27:37

FUCK HATAS IM RANKED # 609 in a couple weeks

ILL STIMULATE, SLIM U GREAT

Well, good news!

I say

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 20:32:22

with all this crazy shit goin on why cant u pick your favourite authors

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 20:41:03

Well, good news!

OK, that's it! Give it a whirl, and if there are any problems with it, reply to this thread with the problems. thanks james that's cool I can't wait for tom to work his magic

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 20:45:06

Good Point Bretrin, that also would be good fo sho

and for all yall wonderin, IM WHITE!!

I say

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 20:46:37

At 11/6/02 08:35 PM, Dobio wrote:
At 11/6/02 08:32 PM, fishyX45 wrote: with all this crazy shit goin on why cant u pick your favourite authors
You know, you bring up a good point. I'd like to be able to pick my favourite flash artist/NG Users, I think that would be cool. But, maybe NG wants to promote equality and don't want to have users better then one another.

P.S. How does the NG User ranking thing work, I'm 500 and something, and I'm wondering why.

ya how does that work???

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 20:49:40

At 11/6/02 08:04 PM, Dobio wrote: Well, if you could make some sort of toxic green or something, that would be sweet. If not, just make something that you think looks cool. And my favourite colour is orange.

here is one

I say

BBS Signature

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 20:51:21

At 11/6/02 08:49 PM, thisisasignin wrote:
At 11/6/02 08:04 PM, Dobio wrote: Well, if you could make some sort of toxic green or something, that would be sweet. If not, just make something that you think looks cool. And my favourite colour is orange.
here is one

heres another

I say

BBS Signature

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 20:58:09

At 11/6/02 08:51 PM, thisisasignin wrote:
here is one
heres another

Dude you kick ass man. Once again I want to thank you. I love it and a am glad to use it. Yeah!

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 21:03:15

At 11/6/02 08:58 PM, Drakflamezero wrote:
At 11/6/02 08:51 PM, thisisasignin wrote:
here is one
heres another
Dude you kick ass man. Once again I want to thank you. I love it and a am glad to use it. Yeah!

also I was wondering if you could make me another one. the name for the new one is Ryo Hahn. in flames just like the other but can you throw some gold in there. gold is my fav color

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 21:05:26

YA444444Y!

Good going, liljim! I was ashamed of having the Mystic Island series as all of my faves.

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 21:07:01

Glad to see this is Finally up =]. Also liljim Any idea when we'll be able to see the users with the Top BLAMs/PROTECTIONs in the Portal Stats page?

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 21:32:27

At 11/6/02 09:07 PM, NemesisM66 wrote: Glad to see this is Finally up =]. Also liljim Any idea when we'll be able to see the users with the Top BLAMs/PROTECTIONs in the Portal Stats page?

Yeah, that's a good idea!

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 21:36:31

At 11/6/02 09:03 PM, Drakflamezero wrote: also I was wondering if you could make me another one. the name for the new one is Ryo Hahn. in flames just like the other but can you throw some gold in there. gold is my fav color

hows this

I say

BBS Signature

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 21:47:43

At 11/6/02 09:36 PM, thisisasignin wrote:
At 11/6/02 09:03 PM, Drakflamezero wrote: also I was wondering if you could make me another one. the name for the new one is Ryo Hahn. in flames just like the other but can you throw some gold in there. gold is my fav color
hows this

Dude you are god! that is so bad ass. I love it thank you so much. I am gonna put your name on top of it so that people know it's your kick ass work.
moving along. LOOK AT THE POLL! PEOPLE DON'T LIKE AOL BAN THEM

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 21:51:01

thisisasignin

does some great work people. so cause his art work kicks ass let's B.I.D.N

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 21:51:56

At 11/6/02 09:47 PM, Drakflamezero wrote:
At 11/6/02 09:36 PM, thisisasignin wrote:
hows this
Dude you are god! that is so bad ass. I love it thank you so much. I am gonna put your name on top of it so that people know it's your kick ass work.

nah
you dont have to do that :)

BBS Signature

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 21:52:29

FUCKING WOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT!!!!!!