00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gustavo-Y-YA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I say "favourite", you say...?

5,553 Views | 62 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 21:59:50

Id like to be able to use this is a bookmark feature as well, what i mean is, being able to retrive any of my favorite movies at any computer. I dont know, just brainstorming. But to do this ther would need to be many more spaces for storage... maybe 50 rather than 10

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 22:21:25

At 11/6/02 09:51 PM, thisisasignin wrote:
At 11/6/02 09:47 PM, Drakflamezero wrote:
At 11/6/02 09:36 PM, thisisasignin wrote:
At 11/6/02 09:03 PM, Drakflamezero wrote: also I was wondering if you could make me another one. the name for the new one is Ryo Hahn. in flames just like the other but can you throw some gold in there. gold is my fav color
hows this
Dude you are god! that is so bad ass. I love it thank you so much. I am gonna put your name on top of it so that people know it's your kick ass work.
nah
you dont have to do that :)

Too late I already did

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 23:01:30

wow, thisisasignin kicks major ass with these picture things. i personally liked the first dobio thing better, but hey they were both sweet ass. just thought id give some credit to a talented guy.
PEACE

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 23:03:48

I'm making a flash to advertise newgrounds gold, i'm planning on working on it for 2-4 weeks making it pretty damn good. I need some, no, alot of sound files, namely like some nice like rock music some sound for like in movies where the letter come at you and that one sound and just some various sounds, also it would help if i had a pick of every level's pic or i can get them on my own, but wanna send me some sounds or anything send it to maniacinsomniac@hotmail.com and i'll mention you in the creditz. i'm going to bed, good bye.

oh and here is the my sketch of the newgrounds tank Tom loves.

I say

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 23:08:39

Sweet. :)

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 23:45:43

Not a problem rather an idea!. maybe if you have created a movie there could be a list of people that have your movie on their favourites list! this would be cool!

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-06 23:46:26

I say favorit

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-07 00:03:09

At 11/6/02 06:54 PM, liljim wrote: Hi all.

Tom and Wade inform me that For a long time now many of you have been wanting to add your own movies to your list of favourites rather than have them automatically selected for you, based on your Portal reviews.

Well, good news!

You now can. The easiest way is to log in, then go to the Portal. Choose a movie. If you like it, you'll find an "Add to favorites" icon in the view pages in the Portal, currently below the vote panel (the location of this image might change, when Tom works his magic). If you then click that icon, your menu will re-appear (maybe after a short time, if traffic is heavy). You will then be prompted to select where the movie you've clicked on goes in your ranking. If you select nothing and close the window, then it won't go anywhere. Otherwise, it will be ranked according to your preference.

There is another way - log into your grounds gold account and select the "Manage movies" option. In your management screen, there's a form field at the bottom, whereby you can manually enter the id of a movie. If you do not know what this means/entails, I suggest you don't use this function for now (or if other users would like to explain what I mean, go ahead :)).

In your listing of movies, you should see the movies (clickable) and an option to change or remove. The change option is to change the ranking of one of your existing movies. The remove option removes the specific movie in your list that you've opted to remove.

There's one more option, and that's to "Clear list" - if you click on this option and click "OK" to the prompt, your entire list will be reset.

At the moment, we're limiting the number of favourite movies to 10, but this may change in the near future.

OK, that's it! Give it a whirl, and if there are any problems with it, reply to this thread with the problems.

Hey I've had a perfectly good list of movies under my favorites, and now they're all cleared?! thanks alot.

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-07 01:29:51

At 11/6/02 06:54 PM, liljim wrote: Give it a whirl, and if there are any problems with it, reply to this thread with the problems.

Shuda written my old one's down.. doh!

Works great! Thanx!!

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-07 02:08:12

Thank you,

I have been waiting a long time for this. It works great. Great job, keep up the good work.

I also like to voting power in the profiles!

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-07 04:08:34

Liljim, you are superb!

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-07 07:49:57

Yes My Brothers, but first i must go to skool, hahahahahahaha WEED??

At 11/6/02 09:32 PM, Boo_Destroyer wrote:
At 11/6/02 09:07 PM, NemesisM66 wrote: Glad to see this is Finally up =]. Also liljim Any idea when we'll be able to see the users with the Top BLAMs/PROTECTIONs in the Portal Stats page?
Yeah, that's a good idea!

I say

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-07 08:54:07

At 11/7/02 12:03 AM, Jaderaptor wrote:
Hey I've had a perfectly good list of movies under my favorites, and now they're all cleared?! thanks alot.

That was a good point! I've now ported old favorites over for those users who haven't started using the new favorites menu... So, if you check your profile now, you should see your old list, which you'll now be able to manage manually...

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-07 13:17:24

No one cares about aol. people would switch. BAN THEM

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-07 15:48:30

yay for us

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-07 17:00:53

im not sure if its related to this or one of the other wonderful changes recently, but after i vote in the portal and try to get back to the listing, i have to hit back 3 times instead of the 2 it used to take. when i hit back the second time, it just refreshes the movies info screen. maybe this is isolated, maybe not. anyone else notice?
PEACE

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-07 17:05:03

gud idea

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-07 17:06:34

At 11/7/02 05:00 PM, fourdaddy wrote: im not sure if its related to this or one of the other wonderful changes recently, but after i vote in the portal and try to get back to the listing, i have to hit back 3 times instead of the 2 it used to take. when i hit back the second time, it just refreshes the movies info screen. maybe this is isolated, maybe not. anyone else notice?
PEACE

yea, i noticed that. dont hav a clue y it does it either

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-07 18:23:10

i noticed it but it doesn't bother me

I say

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-07 19:58:44

At 11/7/02 08:54 AM, liljim wrote:
At 11/7/02 12:03 AM, Jaderaptor wrote:
That was a good point! I've now ported old favorites over for those users who haven't started using the new favorites menu... So, if you check your profile now, you should see your old list, which you'll now be able to manage manually...

Thanks! Woot, now have my old favorites along with a few more I totally forgot about. ^-^

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-08 03:49:27

Nice work, lilJim! There's just one problem - it is very difficult to choose just ten entries ... there are many classics and great movies and fun games and good authors who have a collection that can take up half of my list ... you see where I'm going with this. But still, it's much better then the previous method. Keep on hauling out the fresh ideas!

At 11/6/02 07:44 PM, rvyn wrote: I think in addition to this cool feature, you should let users who've made movies and games know which of their movies are in the favorites list of which users (like in the portal submissions page). or if that's too much, just like a running total of how many people have their movies as peoples' favorites.

Yes, one more stat for the NG archives ... but an interesting one. I'd like to see this as well.

You do not currently have a signature for your Forum posts. Boooooooo!

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-08 23:55:26

I have to say I'm pleased with the choose your favorite movies idea.

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-09 12:17:31

great!!

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-09 18:44:33

At 11/6/02 06:54 PM, liljim wrote: Hi all.

Tom and Wade inform me that For a long time now many of you have been wanting to add your own movies to your list of favourites rather than have them automatically selected for you, based on your Portal reviews.

Well, good news!

You now can. The easiest way is to log in, then go to the Portal. Choose a movie. If you like it, you'll find an "Add to favorites" icon in the view pages in the Portal, currently below the vote panel (the location of this image might change, when Tom works his magic). If you then click that icon, your menu will re-appear (maybe after a short time, if traffic is heavy). You will then be prompted to select where the movie you've clicked on goes in your ranking. If you select nothing and close the window, then it won't go anywhere. Otherwise, it will be ranked according to your preference.

There is another way - log into your grounds gold account and select the "Manage movies" option. In your management screen, there's a form field at the bottom, whereby you can manually enter the id of a movie. If you do not know what this means/entails, I suggest you don't use this function for now (or if other users would like to explain what I mean, go ahead :)).

In your listing of movies, you should see the movies (clickable) and an option to change or remove. The change option is to change the ranking of one of your existing movies. The remove option removes the specific movie in your list that you've opted to remove.

There's one more option, and that's to "Clear list" - if you click on this option and click "OK" to the prompt, your entire list will be reset.

At the moment, we're limiting the number of favourite movies to 10, but this may change in the near future.

OK, that's it! Give it a whirl, and if there are any problems with it, reply to this thread with the problems.

ITS ABOUT FRIGGEN TIME. THANK YOU!!!

I say

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-09 21:41:17

This site has more updates than CNN! Always adding value to the product. And I love the price. Thanks guys!

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-09 22:26:34

radical dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-10 01:19:04

It's about time! I was getting sick of "Down, Boner Down!" being my #1 favorite movie on my profile.

I'm too damn lazy to make a decent sig right now.

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-10 11:21:33

I like it. Before if you revied a movie it would go under favorites even if you hated it. This way you only get your favorites in your favorites.

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-10 22:44:17

their should be a enrica englatious(the gay latiano singer) pariodies

hes gay

Response to I say "favourite", you say...? 2002-11-11 01:27:58

Dude i like it alot cause ive got some movies that i like a whole lot that get real real bitchy when i wann find them.