00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

concavepgons just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Portal Title...

7,447 Views | 92 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 22:24:54

here's an idea:

Make it so the bus can be driven back and forth with the arrow keys :)

and the bus could run over and pulverize the little SWFs Crazy-Shuttle-style :D

I was never really here.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 22:25:27

At 11/1/02 03:42 PM, TomFulp wrote: Everyone who was curious about the schoolbus, now you can find out what it was for! Special thanks to Tranz3d for actually drawing a cute little shortbus that happened to be exactly what I had in mind. :)

I finally went ahead and tried a new title concept for the The Portal. What does everyone think? Does it clash with the look of the page? Should the rest of the page's style be changed to match it? Or does everything look great?

i thinK the population sign should be a dynamic text box, and that it should reviel the real number of movies (it say 19,86 shit) and it should be 65793 or something.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 23:13:49

At 11/1/02 03:42 PM, TomFulp wrote: Everyone who was curious about the schoolbus, now you can find out what it was for! Special thanks to Tranz3d for actually drawing a cute little shortbus that happened to be exactly what I had in mind. :)

I finally went ahead and tried a new title concept for the The Portal. What does everyone think? Does it clash with the look of the page? Should the rest of the page's style be changed to match it? Or does everything look great?

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 23:15:03

Seems to be an interesting concept. I agree with others that it should be interactive.

Maybe, you could implement the following game:
have icons with different colors (blue - to be saved, red - to be eliminated, i.e. the portal colors). The user would have to eliminate the "red" icons without hitting the blue and green icons. Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work!
everything look great?

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 23:17:31

I liked the old Banner better...So I'll support the original one or an upgraded version of the original.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-03 03:12:03

Pretty sweet!!!
But wut's the point....?

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-03 03:18:39

Has anyone else noticed the rapid decresing in the number of movies/games in the portal?

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-03 05:54:49

Its so good! Some people dont like it but it hink this is because they are so used to seeing the portal the way it used to be that it makes it look unusual. I Personally think it looks better and has changed the look of the whole page. It used to have a very dark look as nothing on the page was bright but this brightens up the whole page! Good job!

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-03 07:56:09

keeps it all the flash movies bouncing around but i was hoping it was a game u were about 2 release!

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-03 09:51:41

I would like to be able to moce the bus =D

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-03 10:18:53

At 11/1/02 06:19 PM, andysoman wrote: its cool but i want to shoot those falsh like the old one with the chickens

I had always planned to, but never did. I will eventually implement that feature - but probably without sound, because I am sick of having a bulky file on that page. :)

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-03 10:35:04

At 11/3/02 03:18 AM, Ice_Demon wrote: Has anyone else noticed the rapid decresing in the number of movies/games in the portal?

yeah, i noticed that too. maybe the crap is finally being got rid of.

i agree with most of the ideas for the new portal title. make it interactive (able to blow up the .swf files or something), make the background darker, and more in-tune with the rest of the page, dont change the rest of the page because its already great, or if you do, keep it dark and gloomy. and it would be cool to have the population number actually right, to the minute, but if that would really slow down the server, probably not worth it. bit of a pointless post, since its just repeating everything, but hey.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-03 12:43:03

At 11/3/02 03:18 AM, Ice_Demon wrote: Has anyone else noticed the rapid decresing in the number of movies/games in the portal?

Yes! There have consistantly been more Blams than new posting since the new voting system was put in play.
I beleave this is because now Everyone who votes 0 or 1 gets a blam point, so flashes don't stall at 42 or so with everyone waiting to vote the final blam.
On the other had, flashes submitted are of better quality because Save Points are also being given for voting on Good flashes with 2 thru 5.
I think this new system is cleaning the crap off the portal (and earning everyone blam points 50 times faster!) Just watch before you vote!

New Portal Title...

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-03 13:29:23

Perosonaly i don't like it it just looks crap againstthe black background. Also i think you should bring back the portal music i luved that funky beat

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-03 13:35:50

I think there are some problems with teh new system all the movies seem to be getting higher scores the top 50 keep changing constantly and today none of the titles on the portals had a colour code on them

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-03 13:53:37

another idea: someone said that the bg should be darker.. well i've got a strange idea, depending on how many crappy entries are deleted that day, the background would be darker/lighter according to the integer (hope im using that word correctly). would require some math no doubt but might be kinda cool :-D
you could have a movieclip in the background with frames like on several frames the sky would look cloudy and polluted, but if lots of SWFS were deleted that day the sky and city would look bright and clean :)

I was never really here.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-03 21:05:24

It looks awsome Tom great work man :]

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-04 01:21:56

hey i realy like the whole buss idea it dosent fit in with the rest of the portal tho, if you do change the portal dont do anything drastic i think its cool the way it is. i was thinking mabie add caution tape/crime seen tape, i know caution tape dosent have alot to do w/school busses but there bolth yellow idk i gues thats dumb. one thaing i think you realy should do is have more anamation w/the school buss, you just have it pull in and thats it, mabie you should have it drive away and come back, or run over somthing, idk. all in all the buss aint too shabby

New Portal Title...

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-04 05:57:37

At 11/1/02 03:42 PM, TomFulp wrote:

looks phat...
why don't you just sit back, relax, have a cup of coffee... AND FINISH PICO 2!!!!!!

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-04 13:27:17

I bow to TOM, yelling "I'm not worthy"
WOW, you took our suggestions to heart and made the bus background darker AND the happy little.. um,... whatever you call them... they are now CLICKABLE!!!!
TOO COOL!!!

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-04 14:21:11

At 11/4/02 01:27 PM, billa63 wrote: I bow to TOM, yelling "I'm not worthy"
WOW, you took our suggestions to heart and made the bus background darker AND the happy little.. um,... whatever you call them... they are now CLICKABLE!!!!
TOO COOL!!!

yes but there still not chickens :(

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-04 18:20:24

At 11/1/02 07:49 PM, Jay17 wrote: it should be like the chickens and we get to shoot them down.

Jay

I miss the chickens from the front page but I am glad they got rid of that shitty music on the frontpage though. So, yeah. I agree with Jay.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-04 18:20:29

the portal page looks good tom!! keep it like that!

New Portal Title...

Belive in the Black and Gold--GO STEELERS!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-04 18:24:25

Ooh! You should also be able to shoot up the bus (i.e. Blow out the tires, blow up the fuel tank... etc). And reset it after you do. That would be cool along with the lil flash icons. It would be worthy of the Title of the Portal as well.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-04 22:24:03

At 11/4/02 06:24 PM, DCLXVI wrote: Ooh! You should also be able to shoot up the bus (i.e. Blow out the tires, blow up the fuel tank... etc). And reset it after you do. That would be cool along with the lil flash icons. It would be worthy of the Title of the Portal as well. you should make it so you can shoot the flash's and the bus up Tom that would be cool

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-04 22:40:51

yeah i like the new portal thing.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-05 07:30:29

You kind of sound like a gay man before his wedding. I think it looks good.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-05 10:43:42

Awww...the bus is special. Just like us. *rimshot*

I needed the cheap laugh. Thanks.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-05 12:48:35

i like it but what happens if you click all of the little flash things running around?when you click on one the portal population goes down.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-06 14:28:13

I think It looks good! It matches fine. Although I just noticed that you removed the "total submissions in the portal" thingy by the "entries submitted and deleted yesterday" thingy. I think you should of left that thing in, even though there is the bus population sign now. It made more sense to have it right under the "entries deleted yesterday and entries submited yesterday" thing!

BBS Signature