00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

domvip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Portal Title...

7,448 Views | 92 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-01 22:01:26

Looks good, Surprised me when I saw it. And here is another vote to shoot them down.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-01 22:28:05

You should add some interaction to it. Maybe letting us shoot the little .swfs, ala school/sniper shootings? Offensive, yes.. But it matches the portals style.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-01 22:54:52

The new title concept works GREAT with The Portal as is! I just saw it and laughed out loud! The short bus is a brilliant idea!!! I've been impressed with all of the updates to the site so far. Keep up the good work!

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-01 22:56:52

I think everybody agrees that the .swf file shoot be targetable like the chickens as well as the bus constantly running over them, oh wait that's evilbus right? Anyways, good work.

What gave you the idea anyways? Was it the Bangbus banner animated gif ad on the bottom?

Only I can make blue whales cry.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-01 23:18:58

i like the little school bus if you changed the backroung of the banner it would look better although i dont understand it its pretty kool

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 00:12:19

At 11/1/02 03:42 PM, TomFulp wrote: Everyone who was curious about the schoolbus, now you can find out what it was for! Special thanks to Tranz3d for actually drawing a cute little shortbus that happened to be exactly what I had in mind. :)

I finally went ahead and tried a new title concept for the The Portal. What does everyone think? Does it clash with the look of the page? Should the rest of the page's style be changed to match it? Or does everything look great?

It's great Tom. It clashes a bit bit I thinks it's an improvement over the old bar.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 00:34:20

Let me ask you this, Tom -- does this mean that everytime I visit the portal, the "population" number will be updated and as such will put an extra call for bandwidth on the server?

Y'all have done a pretty decent job of speeding up the NG server lately, not to say it couldn't be faster, but I'm wondering -- for a page like the Portal that must get nearly equal the amount of hits as the front page, is this going to add a server request and make the site drag?

On a purely visual basis, I don't mind the change. It looks nice, a little 'bright' for being the sickly twisted home of the depraived and demented that the Portal is. But I'm not up in arms over it.

-All hail Eris.

At 11/1/02 03:42 PM, TomFulp wrote: Everyone who was curious about the schoolbus, now you can find out what it was for! Special thanks to Tranz3d for actually drawing a cute little shortbus that happened to be exactly what I had in mind. :)

I finally went ahead and tried a new title concept for the The Portal. What does everyone think? Does it clash with the look of the page? Should the rest of the page's style be changed to match it? Or does everything look great?

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 01:39:48

LoL, i just notice the bus thing like 2 seconds ago and when i saw it i was thinking, "oh thats cool!" and then i tryed clicking the flash movie to see if i could kill them like the old chicken and it disapointed me that i couldn't, then the next thing that went through my mind was, "HEY MAYBE PICO IS GOING TO JUMP OUT FROM BEHIND THE POPULATION SIGN!!" SO I WAITED AND WAITED AND WAITED... BUT THEN I GOT DISAPOINTED AGAIN CAME HERE AND POSTED THIS THATS MY INPUT

GJ TOM!!

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 02:08:38

"could make it into a mini-game where you have to blam the bad SWF files?"

I agree with REZN8. It would be nice if you could blam the bad files...I have a little twist to toss at ya:

Perhaps, the files could exit the bus, and bounce slowly to the school (New Grounds High School?) , but sometimes, a Clock Crew file will appear, and you must blast it before it gets in the building. Hell...I guess you could shoot them all if you want.

Just a thought.

New Portal Title...

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 02:12:07

Crap...BTW: Im not ripping off the Bunny picture as my own. I just figure everybody recognizes it from that cool girl sim, and I love the way it looks. Im going to have a shirt with this bunny on it made for my wife. Just wanted to point that out...

New Portal Title...

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 02:54:51

At 11/1/02 07:39 PM, Xiomar wrote:

It looks good but are you going to update that sign everyday that says how many portal entrys there are or is it automatic?

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 03:17:09

At 11/1/02 03:42 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Cool by me, but take it slow. like one small revamp of the Home or Portal pages per day. Belive me, I understand, one ''minor'' change can keep y'all busy for hours. Been there, just ONE minor change took many an hour...

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 05:03:17

nah, it just doesnt match... maybe if you make a kick ass flash game with the buss that could make it look better....

OR MAKE IT RUN OVER STICK PEOPLE?

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 05:20:15

One of the things I love most about the site is that peaceful, dark, easy on the eyes color motif. Hell, my desktop's very dark too, so that when I hang out for a couple of hours at 2am with the lights off it's quite soothing. The bus and the dancing flash kids are fine for me, the only thing that gets me is the bright sky in the background. Turns the otherwise comfy and dimly lit portal page into a slightly eye-burning "ow! don't stare directly at it!" experience. Just my opinion, of course, but I daresay a lot of us check the page out with the lights out.

Maybe a poll to be certain? It might be interesting to see how many of us are in the dark, how many of naked, both... >:p

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 05:39:39

You should make it so you can blow up the .SWF's ala olskoo' chicken style.

AND THEN THE BUS COMES AND RUNS THEM OVER!! YA!!

you don't know if i'm joking or not

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 06:01:19

DUDE THE SCHOOL BUS KICKS ASS....GOOD IDEA!

New Portal Title...

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 06:10:47

It's weird and makes me feel a little trippy... Good job.

New Portal Title...

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 06:19:16

Well, then maybe you should also put pink flowers all over the place and change site's name to the chickgrounds... Bleah...

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 06:23:24

It's great but it doesn't suit the black background

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 08:06:31

i leik it, but it doesnt match the portal. mebe u could call it sk00l or sumpthin =)

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 08:08:19

It looks okay - though does feel different to see something else on the top of the portal. If there isnt one (I haven't found one), you should put in a little easter egg. Just a thought.

New Portal Title...

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 08:54:36

At 11/1/02 03:42 PM, TomFulp wrote: I finally went ahead and tried a new title concept for the The Portal. What does everyone think? Does it clash with the look of the page? Should the rest of the page's style be changed to match it? Or does everything look great?

I think the portal could use a make over!

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 08:57:56

At 11/2/02 08:54 AM, psykloak1 wrote:
At 11/1/02 03:42 PM, TomFulp wrote: I finally went ahead and tried a new title concept for the The Portal. What does everyone think? Does it clash with the look of the page? Should the rest of the page's style be changed to match it? Or does everything look great?
I think the portal could use a make over!

Hey tom. why not make a little movie for saving a movie. when you blam something you see that little movie make one for the saves.

New Portal Title...

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 09:45:34

Hey!It looks great!But did you catch those jackasses that are stealing profiles and stuff?

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 10:01:04

i think it looks great.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 10:02:21

you should have some sort of automatic updater for the population tho.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 10:09:33

It looks, ok, but still not quite right. Please don't change the rest of the page to match it though, 'cause it looks far too good as it is.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 10:55:09

I like it Tom. It's perfect. Keep it the way it is. Keep up the good work on newgrounds.

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 19:41:44

The school bus looks great, but there is something missing among the happy little icons skipping about.... We need a sniper rifle! Bwahahaha
Ok, that suggestion is sick and twisted. I'm sorry if anyone is upset by the thought of shooting at digital target. (really, cartoons don't feel pain!)

GREAT JOB ON DA BUS!!!!

Response to New Portal Title... 2002-11-02 21:54:54

Yo Diggidy!

New Portal Title...