00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

creambee just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Talkback Live!

5,621 Views | 60 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 16:16:11

Some people spotted me on Talkback Live yesterday - I was wearing the green shirt. It was a shirt for DEN, an old entertainment website that went bankrupt. Interesting piece of NG trivia - DEN was also the first company to offer to buy Newgrounds back when it was perceived as having value!

Anyway, the CNN studios aren't too far from me, and getting in the audience of Talkback Live is really easy. This makes me tempted... What if I made a weekly appearance? I could even try to talk sometimes or something, although I am pretty shy when it comes to expressing opinions and stuff like that. I wonder if they would let a large group of people wearing tank logo t-shirts sit in the crowd once a week... Who knows. I'll never follow through.

So Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is a week away! I'm pretty damn excited. I'm also excited about all of the changes here on NG! Liljim has been making great progress with improving site performance, while implementing new functionality all at the same time! Just wait and see how far we go with this stuff!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 16:19:29

At 10/22/02 04:16 PM, TomFulp wrote: Some people spotted me on Talkback Live yesterday - I was wearing the green shirt. It was a shirt for DEN, an old entertainment website that went bankrupt. Interesting piece of NG trivia - DEN was also the first company to offer to buy Newgrounds back when it was perceived as having value!

Anyway, the CNN studios aren't too far from me, and getting in the audience of Talkback Live is really easy. This makes me tempted... What if I made a weekly appearance? I could even try to talk sometimes or something, although I am pretty shy when it comes to expressing opinions and stuff like that. I wonder if they would let a large group of people wearing tank logo t-shirts sit in the crowd once a week... Who knows. I'll never follow through.

So Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is a week away! I'm pretty damn excited. I'm also excited about all of the changes here on NG! Liljim has been making great progress with improving site performance, while implementing new functionality all at the same time! Just wait and see how far we go with this stuff!

Do they play that show on weekends? And I think GTAVC has been pushed back to November :/ But I'm not sure.

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 16:20:22

Hey tom... when is level 2 for Alien Hominid commen out? or did it already?
i wanna see more of that game

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 16:23:45

At 10/22/02 04:16 PM, TomFulp wrote: Some people spotted me on Talkback Live yesterday - I was wearing the green shirt. It was a shirt for DEN, an old entertainment website that went bankrupt. Interesting piece of NG trivia - DEN was also the first company to offer to buy Newgrounds back when it was perceived as having value!

Yea Tom all these changes on NG are great! Cudos to Liljim for the work =). Ill be sure to watch CNN talk back in the future and look out for you. These new blam ranks are great and really well designed! Who designed them?

Make sure you wear your tank logo shirt next time =)

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 16:24:37

what?! back your ass up dude GTA:VC came out today well at least here in Boston

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 16:26:52

first 1!

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 16:28:58

At 10/22/02 04:26 PM, Alexthegreat wrote: first 1!

you should check before you post a stupid comment saying first =P

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 16:29:59

At 10/22/02 04:26 PM, Alexthegreat wrote: first 1!

HA I BEAT YOU

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 16:32:46

hey I saw ya Tom can't wait to see what in store next for the site

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 16:33:01

Yes, go on Talk back live more often. That would be cool.

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 16:40:41

Weekly Tom on CNN talk back. LOL. That would be pretty funny. If NG users, all wearing the tank shirt, were the entire audience, it'd be hilarious. Newgrounds would get press, maybe not possitive press since it is juvenille, but some would appreciate it.

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 16:43:06

Dude I knew I saw you. They cut to an angle I i saw your hair then I looked down and it was you cause I remember your pic from NG so I spotted you. I wish I taped it. Also is GTA Vice city wroth buying. I have never played any of the GTA's before but people tell me they are good. what makes Vice city so great?

Talkback Live!

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 17:17:23

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 17:22:22

At 10/22/02 04:16 PM, TomFulp wrote:

knows. I'll never follow through.

So Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is a week away! I'm pretty damn excited.

Yeah so am i man its gonna be so godly whooa whooaa.. ill check my store tomarrow they might have it here in so cali.. hope i can get My gta3 tribute out before then though...

Go Angels whoohoooo

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 17:24:39

You really should go on there more often. And if you could get a bunch of people wearing tank t-shirts to sit in it would surely bring newgrounds some more exposure. There is no such thing as bad publicity ^^

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 18:01:22

whatever happened to that hilarious steven sagaul movie? the one with christopher walken.... just wondering

Talkback Live!

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 18:04:29

At 10/22/02 05:24 PM, Big_Daddy_Mark wrote:

"There is no such thing as bad publicity ^^"

Well there can be am i the onyl one that remembers about a month ago when Newgrounds got featured in the british FHM (although i never seen it i heard it was) the site had so much traffic you couldn't get shit done, and as a 56k'er then i really struggled.

I mean publicity is always good but there is such a thing as too much

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 18:11:44

y the way is there a way to get more than 10 exp. points a day?

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 18:12:46

Tom...

THOMAS FULP, CAN YOU HEAR ME!

Anyway, I saw you on CNN...green shirt right? Oh well while the free publicity is all good, I don't like what the portal has become. No, we have a whole shitload of good or bad movies that are not great to begin with...everything is either green or blue.

ANARCHY HAS BEGUN.

BTW, If anyone hasn'r played Ganguro Girl yet, IT FUCKING ROCKS! ANd the Sniper is still on the LOOSE! HURRAH!

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 18:14:47

At 10/22/02 06:04 PM, grahamscurrie wrote:
At 10/22/02 05:24 PM, Big_Daddy_Mark wrote:
"There is no such thing as bad publicity ^^"

Well there can be am i the onyl one that remembers about a month ago when Newgrounds got featured in the british FHM (although i never seen it i heard it was) the site had so much traffic you couldn't get shit done, and as a 56k'er then i really struggled.

I mean publicity is always good but there is such a thing as too much

nonsense young one :) . The more publicity newgrounds gets, the traffic may increase, but the site itself grows. The more people show up on the site, the more NG gets paid for ads, the more they get paid, the better they can provide the site with enough servers to support us. We'd suffer periods of slowness, but overall the site WOULD BECOME AN UNSTOPPABLE FORCE OF WHICH NO MAN HAS EVER SEEN BEFORE!!! AND TOM, LILJIM, AND WADE WILL BECOME... become... what's good to say without being mean but something that doesn't sound like asskissing?

Anyway, tom should definitely go to the show more often as well as other site reps. NERDS AND ANIMATORS OF THE WORLD... UNITE!

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 18:16:09

At 10/22/02 06:01 PM, Pooplit wrote: whatever happened to that hilarious steven sagaul movie? the one with christopher walken.... just wondering

The rights were sold to atomfilms.com.

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 18:18:20

At 10/22/02 06:11 PM, FKA wrote:

NO Now Shut The Fuck Up.

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 18:31:04

I am SSSOOO waiting for GTA:Vice City. My boyfriend says he's gonna get it for me. Hah! Who do you think will be playing it all the time?

By the way, guys...... My game "Pumpkin Jack" is also for Halloween, but whoops, it's not in the holiday section. Check it out.
Miranda EH?

Talkback Live!

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 18:54:36

That scares me how internet companys come and go..... Please dont quit i just bought a newgrounds shirt!

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 19:59:04

Ah yes VC is coming out, but unless you preordered it VERY early (myself having pre-ordered it 2 weeks in advance and still not getting shipped until Nov. 4th), then you won't be getting it right away, unless you rush a best buy or something.

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 20:12:42

I missed it.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 20:14:17

At 10/22/02 04:32 PM, Steve_Zarebski wrote:

hey I saw ya Tom can't wait to see what in store next for the site

Yup, I couldn't wait!

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 20:15:28

At 10/22/02 06:11 PM, FKA wrote:

I wonder.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 20:21:28

lol, yeah. it would be cool. tom on tv :)
i'ld love to see it , but i don't live in the US.
That means i'll have to wait even longer on the PC gta:vc version, aarrgh.
Let's hope the pc version isn't a crappy port like gta3

Response to Talkback Live! 2002-10-22 20:49:17

At 10/22/02 04:16 PM, TomFulp wrote: So Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is a week away! I'm pretty damn excited. I'm also excited about all of the changes here on NG! Liljim has been making great progress with improving site performance, while implementing new functionality all at the same time! Just wait and see how far we go with this stuff!

comes out on the 29th right? Well, I won't have the cash for it. I just HAD to buy Federation vs. Zeon. Now I don't have enough money for Vice City. <Sigh> well at least I have all the other GTA's to keep me busy, but it's just not the same! Argh. Anyone want to donate to the "Help A_V buy Vice City" fund? Didn't think so.

Tom, it would be hillarious if the whole audience wore NG T-shirts. After that happens I think the bandwith on this sight will go back up so it's kinda a double edged sword.