00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

M-Capri just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Launch Automatically...

7,487 Views | 89 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 22:33:06

ya i use it all the time. it doesn't matter though im only one man. =[ i'm soo lonely.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 23:24:12

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Yeah I never use it but what the hell would you gain from removing it?

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 23:39:27

At 10/21/02 08:44 AM, TomFulp wrote: We will be having a poll for this soon, but I thought I would gather some feedback here as well.

Ever since we implemented the pop-up window feature for viewing content, we have had a checkbox to "Launch automatically from now on!"

If you click this box, the movie will automatically pop up whenever you go to a view page. I don't know of anyone who uses this feature, so I was wondering - does anyone? If no one uses it, we could consider removing it, as we are adding some more information to those pages and could use less clutter. Let me know your thoughts!

I don't use it, but I know some people that do.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-22 00:28:54

I'll vote remove it. Its more of a hastle I think, especially when you're just trying to put a daily vote in for your favorite movie..after youve seen it 10 or 20 times..

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-22 00:30:17

At 10/21/02 11:24 PM, MurcurySword wrote: Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Yeah I never use it but what the hell would you gain from removing it?

The question should be, What will we lose from removing it? Basically nothing, its just another extra feature that clutters the site..

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-22 01:15:19

At 10/21/02 08:44 AM, TomFulp wrote: We will be having a poll for this soon, but I thought I would gather some feedback here as well.

Ever since we implemented the pop-up window feature for viewing content, we have had a checkbox to "Launch automatically from now on!"

If you click this box, the movie will automatically pop up whenever you go to a view page. I don't know of anyone who uses this feature, so I was wondering - does anyone? If no one uses it, we could consider removing it, as we are adding some more information to those pages and could use less clutter. Let me know your thoughts!

I never use it

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-22 01:46:30

I use this feature all the time, in fact I can't remember not using it. Not only is it nice not waiting for a movie to load for an hour when you realize it hasn't even come up yet, but it helps me make sure I don't vote on a movie without viewing it first!

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-22 02:18:31

I use it sometimes. Keep it.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-22 03:23:16

I never use that thing.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-22 07:17:34

It bugs me when it turns itself on, take it away

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-22 08:29:33

At 10/21/02 09:22 PM, Games2Play wrote: How about just making it part of our user profile options? Then we'd still be able to use it but not have it cluttering up every page.

That is actually what we have decided to do. :)

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-22 08:39:10

i think its kinda useful, i used that box often. BUT it kinda sucks when you just want to look at a comment to a movie and the movie always opens...
so, i dunno what i should really say about it.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-22 09:14:09

I have never used this feature and never will.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-22 11:24:58

Not that anyone actually cares, but I never use it.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-22 13:57:40

i use that feature and i think it makes it easier so please do not remove it.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-22 22:50:59

personally i never have used it mot even once

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-22 22:58:15

Don't get ridda that check box
i use it all the time.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-23 00:14:31

"Yeah take it off I never use it and nobody that I know that goes here does also. Cause they like to read the author's comments and then they click it. So remove it!"

Launch Automatically...

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-23 02:37:42

Dont remove it! I use it all the time.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-23 03:17:11

I use it, but I could just as easily be clicking the link. Do what you want.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-23 10:34:13

I use it, but most of the time, I'm faster then the pop-up, so I end up doing it manually anyway....

losse it is ok by me

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-23 13:29:27

I use it!
I find it quite handy.
Please keep it!

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-23 16:32:56

I use the Launch automatically all the time.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-23 19:22:27

If you click this box, the movie will automatically pop up whenever you go to a view page. I don't know of anyone who uses this feature, so I was wondering - does anyone? If no one uses it, we could consider removing it, as we are adding some more information to those pages and could use less clutter. Let me know your thoughts! I use it somtimes you should get rid of it to increase site speed though

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-23 22:00:28

Yup use it ever since I first heard of NG about 2 years ago! keep on rocking in the free world!

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-23 22:16:32

WHAT THE FUCK, UR ALL STUPID FUCKING MORONS, IF U DONT WANNA USE IT, THEN UNCHECK IT!!! Personallly, i find it very useful.

Dont listen to these dipshits, Tom keep da' feature!!

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-23 23:20:45

At 10/21/02 08:44 AM, TomFulp wrote: I don't know of anyone who uses this feature, so I was wondering - does anyone?

I am a long time newgrounds veiwer and I| have never used the "launch automaticaly" key, it saves all of a half second, and seems pointles to me. but, thats just my oppinion.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-28 02:37:20

u should remove it....i have never used it. it is annoying.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2003-03-30 17:13:30

i never used it, and probably wont but at least by giving it an option for people to try out to see if anyone did was worth a try i guess

Now You Have To Wash The Floor And Do All Of My Laundry!!!!

Response to Launch Automatically... 2003-03-31 19:38:28

I don't use it because I like to see the filesize and all that stuff first.

Launch Automatically...