00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gustavo-Y-YA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Launch Automatically...

7,481 Views | 89 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 12:58:28

At 10/21/02 08:44 AM, TomFulp wrote:

I don't know of anyone who uses this feature, so I was wondering - does anyone?

I use it...

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 13:03:33

I forgot the damn thing was there. Nix it, nobody will shed a tear or anything.

Propaganda is to a Democracy what violence is to a Dictatorship

Never underestimate the significance of "significant."

NG Politics Discussion 101

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 13:03:46

i never use it i use to but it was to anoying

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 13:09:42

I never use it. It's actually kind of annoying when it gets clicked by accident and I don't notice. I would take it out.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 13:36:44

get rid of it, its not much use and if it would cause less clutter to eliminate it, then throw it in the trash...

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 13:47:20

i never ever use it i like to read wot theyve wrote first

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 13:48:48

I used it once. I hated it. I turned it off.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 14:08:41

Get rid of it, but make sure that movies DON'T launch automatically. I don't remember if they did or not before that feature was installed.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 14:23:50

At 10/21/02 08:44 AM, TomFulp wrote: We will be having a poll for this soon, but I thought I would gather some feedback here as well.

Ever since we implemented the pop-up window feature for viewing content, we have had a checkbox to "Launch automatically from now on!"

If you click this box, the movie will automatically pop up whenever you go to a view page. I don't know of anyone who uses this feature, so I was wondering - does anyone? If no one uses it, we could consider removing it, as we are adding some more information to those pages and could use less clutter. Let me know your thoughts!

I have never used that auto lauch box, so i think you should remove it because it appears that almost no one else uses it as well.

Launch Automatically...

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 14:56:00

At 10/21/02 08:44 AM, TomFulp wrote: We will be having a poll for this soon, but I thought I would gather some feedback here as well.

Ever since we implemented the pop-up window feature for viewing content, we have had a checkbox to "Launch automatically from now on!"

If you click this box, the movie will automatically pop up whenever you go to a view page. I don't know of anyone who uses this feature, so I was wondering - does anyone? If no one uses it, we could consider removing it, as we are adding some more information to those pages and could use less clutter. Let me know your thoughts!

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 15:02:54

Ever since we implemented the pop-up window...

I used to use it, not so much any more.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 15:37:21

I ain't using it

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 16:13:41

I DO NOT use this box (if this can help you a little).
And I don't think that the others do.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 16:23:50

At 10/21/02 12:27 PM, Flowerman wrote:

I don't use it. I thought it meant only that movie you were at loaded automatically, not all the others.

I never use that feature. If I ever click it it's because I meant to click the link. Then I spaz out and re-click it because having them pop up again automatically would drive me crazy.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 16:26:57

I vote to remove it
I never use it

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 16:28:28

At 10/21/02 02:08 PM, Narcissus wrote: Get rid of it, but make sure that movies DON'T launch automatically. I don't remember if they did or not before that feature was installed.

Get rid of the feature.

Oh, and i may be wrong, but i think before that, movies were just embeded on the page with all the voting info. There was no pop-up movie window.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 17:05:06

I never use it it's kinda annoying get ride of it shot it burn I don't care.

Jesusatan

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 17:11:44

i dont use it...accidentally clicked it once and found it quite annoying

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 17:21:08

Yeah. I use it all the time. It allows me to look at other stuff while I wait for the pages to load. I have a slow connection so it helps me.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 17:31:31

I USE IT MY FRIENDS

At 10/21/02 12:25 PM, mattymetro wrote: I never use it...

Launch Automatically...

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 17:37:51

I used to use it but now I don't. I think when we click on a movie link it should take us to the page and start loading the movie. I use Mozilla and sometimes when I click "watch movie" it doesn't always work. ^^;

-AnimeUSA

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 18:01:33

I say get rid of it since i myself never use it.. and if it can save room for somthing better then go for it...

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 18:21:42

i use it, u can get rid of it though i really don't care

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 19:20:56

I use it.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 20:00:57

Go ahead and remove it. That way, no one has to worry about someone like d3mont3 unleashing a virus on unsuspecting NG'ers.

life has to happen sometimes, it just happing to me all over the place

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 20:11:48

Um...well...

From what I've heard, 80% of Web users--in the US--have dialup. If they're like I was in HS, they don't use auto-launch because they're trying to hold on to what precious little bandwidth they have.

If the other 20% are like me now, they're annoyed by windows popping up out of the blue. Regardless of whether it's a kickass movie or a stupid popup.

My advice? I could live without it, and so can the vast majority (99%, probably) of NG users.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 20:26:27

id say that i use the option about 60% of the time. sometimes clicking *click this to watch this movie blah blah blah* gets irritating and its a nice option to have...

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 20:53:17

Never used it, Never will.

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 21:08:41

I think it should be removed. People who actually useit shouldn't, because its too easy to embed a virus into the flash so when it autoruns you get infected, and can't see the comments "DON'T VIEW IT HAS A VIRUS!!!" etc

Response to Launch Automatically... 2002-10-21 21:22:55

How about just making it part of our user profile options? Then we'd still be able to use it but not have it cluttering up every page.