00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FewThe just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

User Management Updates

4,065 Views | 38 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to User Management Updates 2002-10-12 23:34:23

I have become Dark finally! after over 100 votes of 0 I have became Dark since i waited to become dark when i was level 5 it took awhile for me to reach it but i reached it.if i only blammed when i was level 1.

Response to User Management Updates 2002-10-13 09:34:45

At 10/12/02 03:18 PM, halboski wrote: I am unable to sign into my account. Stupid cookies. 8^(

You wouldn't be able to post this from your account if you were unable to sign into it. Can you be more specific about where you are having a problem?

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to User Management Updates 2002-10-13 15:51:06

At 10/11/02 08:45 AM, liljim wrote: Hi guys,

As you are probably aware, there's been a problem for some time with NG with regard to how the site handles user management. I have now completely recoded a number of pages on the site to handle user management through cookies rather than through sessions, which were causing a big performance hit on NG's server. This should reduce general load on the server.

There were a lot of files that contained the session stuff that needed re-working, so it's quite likely that I have missed one or two files. Please do not e-mail Tom about any errors you get, as he will only send on your comments to me. Instead, either leave a reply to this post, or, if you're unable to do that, e-mail Wade.

Please ensure that when you're leaving error reports, you note exactly which page you're getting the errors and which link you're trying to follow. That will enable us to clear up the errors more efficiently.

Sorry for the delay in fixing these problems.

Thanks for your patience - have fun!

James

Im not sure if this could work, but why not mulitiply the portal, into like 5 pages. THEN people wont crowd at the same portal.

Response to User Management Updates 2002-10-13 16:15:12

As you are probably aware, there's been a problem for some time with NG with regard to how the site handles user management. I have now completely recoded a number of pages on the site to handle user management through cookies rather than through sessions, which were causing a big performance hit on NG's server. This should reduce general load on the server.

There were a lot of files that contained the session stuff that needed re-working, so it's quite likely that I have missed one or two files. Please do not e-mail Tom about any errors you get, as he will only send on your comments to me. Instead, either leave a reply to this post, or, if you're unable to do that, e-mail Wade.

Please ensure that when you're leaving error reports, you note exactly which page you're getting the errors and which link you're trying to follow. That will enable us to clear up the errors more efficiently.

James

Dude, for the longest time i had to copy my posts before i hit the POST button. Now i can just go back and try again! THANKS

Response to User Management Updates 2002-10-13 16:42:38

James

did i post here already?

Response to User Management Updates 2002-10-13 16:46:46

At 10/13/02 04:42 PM, iOcide wrote:

James
did i post here already?

must have

Response to User Management Updates 2002-10-13 18:10:24

I am just signing in. I love this new system. 8^p

User Management Updates

Response to User Management Updates 2002-10-14 15:47:45

At 10/13/02 09:34 AM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 10/12/02 03:18 PM, halboski wrote: I am unable to sign into my account. Stupid cookies. 8^(
You wouldn't be able to post this from your account if you were unable to sign into it. Can you be more specific about where you are having a problem?

I am unable to sign in on the home page of newgrounds. I get a password error when I try. However if I post an Item then it accepts my username and password, and I am in.
Strange yet true.

Response to User Management Updates 2002-10-14 19:52:04

GRR!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!ROAR!!!!!!!!!!MEOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!GRRRRRR!! !!!!!!