00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gamehybrid just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,791,450 Views | 88,013 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-23 17:37:44

Rev is glad to see the Thunder decided to show up; congrats to:
Emlfuryoflion - Top 100 in B/P!
Peaceblossom - Level 25
GarthN - Level 16
DelvL666 - Level 13
knugen - Top 600 in Exp
XwaynecoltX - 29k Saves
S-k-y - 13k Exp
Coop83 - 73k B/P!

---

At 4/23/10 02:43 PM, Auz wrote: Wow 3.80 sounds really good :p Although there no separation in American High Schools yet between the smarter and less smarter people, right? So for the smarter people the level of education must be quite low (for them). Still 3.80 sounds pretty high.

Well you are required to take certain classes but you do get some leeway in electives where you can take advance classes notable Advance Placement classes and/or concurrent enrollment with a college. If you take AP Classes you can earn college credit if you decide to take the test at the end of they year which I didn't do but just taking the course is typically more advanced compared to normal HS classes. If I remember right I took AP Physics, US History, and Calc.

I didn't do concurrent enrollment with the regional college here because I didn't have a car at the time. :/

And what is this SAT test actually? I see topics about occasionally in the general forum. It seems quite important, but at the same time people say it means jackshit =/

The SAT is national standardized test that is used to determine your Math, Reasoning, and Writing Skills. It really use to be a requirement to take this test but more and more colleges are dropping that requirement. I never took it but I did take it's competitor the ACT with is basically the same thing but with a different scale and they don't count again you for wrong answers like the SAT does.

It's really an attempt to see how much you really learned in HS but more and more is becoming inaccurate when you can retake it over and over in an attempt to score higher.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-23 19:59:44

Total voting power of 9.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-23 23:01:13

Fro has an art festival to go to tomorrow while saying Congrats To:

Faggard: 8,000 Experience
tally1989: 7.00 VP
Pokemonpoeguygcn: Top 3,000 in Experience
Emlfuryoflion: Top 100 in B/P
Peaceblossum: Level 25
GarthN: Level 16
DelvL666: Level 13
knugen: Top 600 in Experience
XwaynecoltX: 29,000 Saves
S-k-y: 13,000 Experience
Coop83: 73,000 B/P
dx5231: Total VP of 9.00

----------

I just switched to Safari and it's so much faster than firefox. It doesn't crash every 5 clicks either. I'm liking this very much. :)

At 4/23/10 03:53 AM, Coop83 wrote:
I think that I might just have to have some sort of video made up for the purposes of my audio works that I'm attempting in the near future. All I need is some video editing function or a friend who can help in that department :P

I wish there was a demand for people to edit videos. I'd have a lot of hours of work that I really enjoyed.

Just an update on the RRC video. If the person that has a video left doesn't do it by tomorrow, then I'm going to do it tomorrow night. I don't want to wait any longer to submit it.

Goodnight everyone. I have a long day tomorrow.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-24 00:03:46

Level 18 get.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-24 01:19:00

Just got Deity whistle. ^___^

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-24 02:10:19

Thanks for voting, FurryFox! Your experience has been automatically deposited!

With that vote, you now have 4,900 experience points. You need 0 more to get to Level 22.

Feels so good to finally level up again.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-24 04:36:30

11,000 experience. 1,100 days of depositing, three solid years.
Guess I'll try for 10.9 voting power next.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-24 05:40:12

14000 Experience

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-24 07:02:02

Coop wonders if his bruises will act up at tomorrow's game (my left foot is still black!), while congratulating:
knugen: Level 37; Top 600 Experienced
XwaynecoltX: 29,000 Saves
dx5231: 9.00 Total Voting Power
AndrewGlisson13: Level 18
Yamor: 7,000 Experience
RuinedMartyr: Deity Whistle
FurryFox: Level 22
Sugary-Cupcakes: 11,000 Expeirence
1337: 14,000 Experience

Thank you to:
reverend
Fro

At 4/23/10 01:17 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/22/10 08:03 AM, Bahamut wrote: The best part is the post count. gfox has seen it before and he actually laughed while he screamed to death when he saw his easter egg on the EXP update.
Please tell me you've a recording of this. I would dearly love to hear this.
No recording, sorry. This was in a Steam IM convo.

Damnit, that would have been hilarious. I could have tried to convince Fro to paste that onto video of Darth Vader when the Emperor tells him that Padme is dead.

No? Just me that would find this amusing...

At 4/22/10 09:41 AM, Elfer wrote: Niiice. I was just looking forward to getting past the feathery axe, but in a couple of years or so I'd like to have the lv 45 scythe.
NO! It's mine, you can't have it! *hugs scythe protectively*
It's too precious for Death. However, would he like a brand new axe sometime in the summer? :P

Does it come in a velvet lined oak presentation case? *loosens grip ever so slightly*

At 4/23/10 02:19 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 4/22/10 11:10 AM, Haggard wrote: I just wanted to try out Björk
I actually fell off my chair reading this sentence. It sounds like you're walking through the prostitute equivalent of HMV "Yes, I've always fancied a go on her."
Yeah, I knew this would sound suggestive the second I hit the post button. ^^

You're out of practice with our senses of humour :P We always find the euphemisms and so forth. Russell Howard, for example

Not that I'm a fan of Björk in the slightest. I'll stick to other musics, thanks.
Well, she makes a very special kind of music. Some songs I just can't listen to but other songs are really great like "I've seen it all" or "Síðasta Ég" ("ð" is pronounced like "th" in "that" or "this").

I've had enough with pronunciations for years after hearing all of the news readers trying to pronounce Eyjafjallajokull. "Ay-Zha-Fler-Gul"

At 4/23/10 11:01 PM, Fro wrote:
At 4/23/10 03:53 AM, Coop83 wrote: I think that I might just have to have some sort of video made up for the purposes of my audio works that I'm attempting in the near future. All I need is some video editing function or a friend who can help in that department :P
I wish there was a demand for people to edit videos. I'd have a lot of hours of work that I really enjoyed.

There might be soon. You'd be the top of the editing tree. I was just thinking for YouTube to start with, but if it means flash here, then I'm well up for it.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-24 07:02:45

At 4/23/10 03:54 AM, C0GMA wrote: Well I'll just have to have this then, won't I? That should just about cover the three hundred pounds they told me in Harley Street it would cost to get me eye fixed. Yeah, and while I'm here, I think I'll have that copy of "Girlie World" an' all.
Very wise choice Sir. Oh, one more thing.

Yeah?

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-24 08:14:57

Listening to:

Fates Warning - Disconnected

Thanks to:

reverend
Fro
Coop83
Odyssic

At 4/23/10 01:17 PM, Bahamut wrote: But what if you HAD to listen to either of them? What if someone pointed a gun at your head and commanded you to listen to either one?
Tough choice, I really don't know. :P

Well this is something.

I know that I don't like Manowar, but I don't know what other GaGa songs may sound like, so I really can't make a decision based on that now. ^^

If you must hear something, then listen to one parody.

MY HAMMER, IT IS MADE OF STEEL!
LET THE HAMMER! FALL!

That's more like it. Still, the hammer doesn't beat the sword.

So that's 9 days after I level up. Wow, eventually we'll level up on the same day or at least very close to each other.
What's even more interesting is that I "catch up" on Auz. One day we will be the same level. This will be interesting.

This will definitely be interesting.

Now 08ers can be on my EXP updates!
YAY!

Indeed, we'll soon have some great 08ers on their way to the list.

At 4/24/10 07:02 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 4/23/10 01:17 PM, Bahamut wrote: No recording, sorry. This was in a Steam IM convo.
Damnit, that would have been hilarious.

If it's possible, I'll get gfox to paste the chat convo regarding this.

It's too precious for Death. However, would he like a brand new axe sometime in the summer? :P
Does it come in a velvet lined oak presentation case? *loosens grip ever so slightly*

Uhh, I suppose so.

At 4/24/10 07:02 AM, C0GMA wrote:
At 4/23/10 01:17 PM, Bahamut wrote: Very wise choice Sir. Oh, one more thing.
Yeah?

Well, seeing as you're here. Would you like to kick Eddie in the bollocks?

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-24 08:43:30

Listening to:
Björk - Jóga (Strings & Vocals)
Björk - Mother Heroic
Björk - The Modern Things

At 4/23/10 02:43 PM, Auz wrote: Congrats to:

Thanks!

At 4/23/10 11:01 PM, Fro wrote: Fro has an art festival to go to tomorrow while saying Congrats To:

Thanks!

At 4/22/10 11:10 AM, Haggard wrote: I just wanted to try out Björk
I actually fell off my chair reading this sentence. It sounds like you're walking through the prostitute equivalent of HMV "Yes, I've always fancied a go on her."
Yeah, I knew this would sound suggestive the second I hit the post button. ^^
You're out of practice with our senses of humour :P We always find the euphemisms and so forth. Russell Howard, for example

I fail at euphemisms. :(
But I can always talk myself out of it by saying that english is a foreign language for me. ^^

Not that I'm a fan of Björk in the slightest. I'll stick to other musics, thanks.
Well, she makes a very special kind of music. Some songs I just can't listen to but other songs are really great like "I've seen it all" or "Síðasta Ég" ("ð" is pronounced like "th" in "that" or "this").
I've had enough with pronunciations for years after hearing all of the news readers trying to pronounce Eyjafjallajokull. "Ay-Zha-Fler-Gul"

And the best thing of all is that "Eyjafjallajökull" is the name of the glacier, the vulcano (which is under said glacier) doesn't really have a name.

At 4/24/10 08:14 AM, Bahamut wrote:
I know that I don't like Manowar, but I don't know what other GaGa songs may sound like, so I really can't make a decision based on that now. ^^
If you must hear something, then listen to one parody.

Didn't like it. :(

MY HAMMER, IT IS MADE OF STEEL!
LET THE HAMMER! FALL!

Yes, nothing beats the epicness of the sword. But "Let the sword fall" doesn't sound as good. XD

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-24 11:10:43

10 years on Newgrounds.

I wish I was better at depositing EXP

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-24 11:14:34

4,000 Blams.
Got two more statistics coming over the next couple of days as well.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-24 11:19:20

Achievement of the Day
Coop83: 73,000 BP

Not such a pretty number, but very nice achievement nonetheless. Congrats Coop! :)

Congrats to:
XwanecoltX: 29,000 Saves
dx5231: 9.00 Voting Power
AndrewGlisson13: Level 18
Yamor: 7,000 Experience
RuinedMartyr: Deity Whistle
FurryFox: Level 22
Sugary-Cupcakes: 11,000 Experience
1337: 14,000 Experience

At 4/23/10 05:37 PM, reverend wrote:
At 4/23/10 02:43 PM, Auz wrote: Wow 3.80 sounds really good :p Although there no separation in American High Schools yet between the smarter and less smarter people, right? So for the smarter people the level of education must be quite low (for them). Still 3.80 sounds pretty high.
Well you are required to take certain classes but you do get some leeway in electives where you can take advance classes notable Advance Placement classes and/or concurrent enrollment with a college. If you take AP Classes you can earn college credit if you decide to take the test at the end of they year which I didn't do but just taking the course is typically more advanced compared to normal HS classes. If I remember right I took AP Physics, US History, and Calc.

Ah I see. Heh sounds like you guys have much more freedom in what subjects you pick. I could only take a similar set of courses; like I took physics, math and chemistry but I couldn't do advanced history. You can also go for history, geology and economics or pick the languages set.

I didn't do concurrent enrollment with the regional college here because I didn't have a car at the time. :/

Couldn't you take the bus or something? :p

And what is this SAT test actually? I see topics about occasionally in the general forum. It seems quite important, but at the same time people say it means jackshit =/
The SAT is national standardized test that is used to determine your Math, Reasoning, and Writing Skills. It really use to be a requirement to take this test but more and more colleges are dropping that requirement. I never took it but I did take it's competitor the ACT with is basically the same thing but with a different scale and they don't count again you for wrong answers like the SAT does.

It's really an attempt to see how much you really learned in HS but more and more is becoming inaccurate when you can retake it over and over in an attempt to score higher.

Lol, so I guess it really doesn't say much then :p If you want a good score you can just take the test a couple of times until you're satisfied.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-24 13:48:32

1,000th post

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-24 17:03:14

7,000 experience.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-24 18:22:24

Rev is out and about; congrats to:
dx5231 - 9.00 Total VP
AndrewGlisson13 - Level 18
Yamor - 7,000 Exp
RuinedMartyr - Deity Whistle
FurryFox - Level 22
Sugary-Cupcakes - 11k Exp
1337 - 14k Exp
Rhete - 10 Years on NG!
sushi13 - 4,000 Blams
sixflab - 1,000 Posts
Kevin - 7,000 Exp

---

At 4/24/10 11:19 AM, Auz wrote: Ah I see. Heh sounds like you guys have much more freedom in what subjects you pick. I could only take a similar set of courses; like I took physics, math and chemistry but I couldn't do advanced history. You can also go for history, geology and economics or pick the languages set.

Well, they tell you what you have to take. Like you have to have 4 English credits, 3 Math credits, 3 Science credits, etc. but you can choose the difficulty. There is really a handful truly free electives you can choose and if you are taking Athletics then you have even less time for those courses.

Couldn't you take the bus or something? :p

There isn't really a transit system to rural countryside. :)

Lol, so I guess it really doesn't say much then :p If you want a good score you can just take the test a couple of times until you're satisfied.

Another criticism is that the test cost $45 (33 EUR). So for the poorer students who are trying to get into college it really puts them at a disadvantage. I took the ACT twice which costs about the same: scored 24 and 27 out of 36 which was good enough to get where I wanted to go.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-24 19:16:10

2000 EXP POINTS AND 1300 POSTS! :D
Congrats to
Coop83: 16000 Medal points :D
sixflab: 1,000 Flash Reviews
HeavyTank: 9,000 Saves
Faggard: 8,000 Experience Pts
tally1989: 7.00 Base Voting Power
Emlfuryoflion: Top 100 B/P
Peaceblossom: Level 25
GarthN: Level 16
DeIvL666: Level 13

i need a life xD

Watch how I contribute NOTHING to EVERY thread I post in!

My downloadable music | My art.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-25 00:03:33

Thanks for voting, sushi13! Your experience has been automatically deposited!

With that vote, you now have 7,510 experience points. You need 0 more to get to Level 27. The next Grounds Gold day begins in 23 hours, 58 minutes, and 12 seconds.

I have finally escaped from that crappy switchblade. Hallelujah!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-25 00:06:55

Thanks for voting, sushi13! Your experience points have already been deposited for today - thanks for doing the overtime!

Your experience gave you a voting power of 6.81 votes. Your blam and protection points gave you an additional 32% of your experience power, meaning that your total vote power was worth 9 votes!

And my new level has come with just enough EXP to tip me into another stat: Total Voting Power of 9.
Today is a good day.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-25 00:38:41

You passed 22000 B/P! Congrats!

Cool 22k and going. It felt like a week ago that I had 21k...

"Spider pig Spider pig. Does whatever a Spider pig does." quote Homer Simpson

Bob Hope learns the truth!!!!! Best analogy ever! Sig by chubzilla100

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-25 00:43:10

You passed 10000 Total Points. Bodacious!
You entered the top 30000 in Experience Points. Outstanding!

I wish I would of noticed these earlier so I didn't have to post twice in twenty-four hours.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-25 04:01:23

Yeah?

Don't mind if I do, thank you very much.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-25 04:18:26

Coop prepares for a traditionally 'moist' cricket match while congratulating:
Rhete: 10th NG Berfday
sushi13: 4,000 Blams; Lev el 27; 9.00 Total Voting Power
sixflab: 1,000 Posts; 10,000 Total Points
Kevin: 7,000 Experience

Thank you to:
Odyssic
Auz
ChampionAnwar - A little behind the curve, aren't we :P

At 4/23/10 01:17 PM, Bahamut wrote: No recording, sorry. This was in a Steam IM convo.
Damnit, that would have been hilarious.
If it's possible, I'll get gfox to paste the chat convo regarding this.

Cool... June, then?

Uhh, I suppose so.

Hot digety! I bet that looks nice.

At 4/24/10 08:43 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 4/23/10 02:19 PM, Haggard wrote: Yeah, I knew this would sound suggestive the second I hit the post button. ^^
I fail at euphemisms. :(
But I can always talk myself out of it by saying that english is a foreign language for me. ^^

But you said you knew it sounded suggestive, which is essentially what a euphemism is.

And the best thing of all is that "Eyjafjallajökull" is the name of the glacier, the vulcano (which is under said glacier) doesn't really have a name.

Yeah, but it's still funny hearing people call it all those strange new names "Ey...reallyhaven'tgotaclue" was my personal favourite.

At 4/25/10 12:43 AM, sixflab wrote: You passed 10000 Total Points. Bodacious!
You entered the top 30000 in Experience Points. Outstanding!

I wish I would of noticed these earlier so I didn't have to post twice in twenty-four hours.

Not that the top 30,000 experienced is really noteworthy to be honest, but 10k total points is ;)

At 4/25/10 04:01 AM, C0GMA wrote:
Yeah?

*The kick lands with a terrible crunch. The screen freezes on Eddie's pained face, the credits roll.*

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-25 05:58:24

sigh, i was beginning to enjoy the chainsaw as well

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-25 08:13:38

Finally, 1000 saves!

Things are never meant to be easy. Everything is a challenge to someone.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-25 08:34:19

Listening to:

Gamma Ray - Blast from the Past

Thanks to:

Auz

At 4/24/10 08:43 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 4/24/10 08:14 AM, Bahamut wrote: If you must hear something, then listen to one parody.
Didn't like it. :(

The song itself? Yeah, it's not good but the parody is fantastic.

Yes, nothing beats the epicness of the sword. But "Let the sword fall" doesn't sound as good. XD

Obviously it doesn't. It's more about hammers for HammerFall...Duh. At least they've sung about swords as well as hammers. That reminds me, I still need to pick up Renegade and Threshold. I hear Threshold is one of their weakest albums but I want to get them all nonetheless.

My sister was wanting to see HammerFall live next month (or is it June) but she couldn't due to her exams. Shame but I'm sure we can catch them next time.

At 4/25/10 12:03 AM, sushi13 wrote: I have finally escaped from that crappy switchblade. Hallelujah!

Well done, that means you're getting closer to 10k EXP. Well, it's still a long way but trust me, you'll be there in no time.

At 4/25/10 04:01 AM, C0GMA wrote:
At 4/24/10 08:14 AM, Bahamut wrote: Well, seeing as you're here. Would you like to kick Eddie in the bollocks?

Be my guest.

At 4/25/10 04:18 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 4/24/10 08:14 AM, Bahamut wrote: If it's possible, I'll get gfox to paste the chat convo regarding this.
Cool... June, then?

I guess so. You better remind me if we still haven't provided you that conversation by then. Hopefully I can remember to ask gfox for this the next time he's on Steam.

Uhh, I suppose so.
Hot digety! I bet that looks nice.

Why of course. Just keep depositing and it'll be yours.

At 4/25/10 04:01 AM, C0GMA wrote: Don't mind if I do, thank you very much.
*The kick lands with a terrible crunch. The screen freezes on Eddie's pained face, the credits roll.*

Well, we got through that.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-25 09:34:02

Got a pretty decent acomplishment to report; 6,000 saves.
Only 113 more B/P until Brigade General, should reach this within 3 days max.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-04-25 09:40:29

I got a bronze whistle after my demotion of 1/14/10

BBS Signature