00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Theantiflag102 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Good Recording Program

625 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Good Recording Program 2005-08-23 09:55:18

I'VE GOT HOURS OF DRUM PARTS FROM MY BAND BUT I DONT HAVE A MICROPHONE TO USE OR KNOW A GOOD PROGRAM TO USE

Response to Good Recording Program 2005-08-23 13:43:41

Well first you should consider getting a microphone if it's a drum machine, or a few microphones for a real drum kit, decent ones, unlike mine - Next, if you're willing to spend more money, by a Cubase program. It can be a lot of money, but you get your moneys worth. In some websites you can get Cubase demos for free, but I'm not sure where they are. You may also need to get seperate audio editors like PA systems and stuff. PAs will give your drums a good enough sound with the correct microphone/s.

I hope this helped you.

Response to Good Recording Program 2005-08-23 13:49:05

thanks alot but i dont know were to get a microphone

Response to Good Recording Program 2005-08-23 14:43:40

actually, i would recommend Cakewalk SONAR over Cubase...

as for mics, depends on your buget range...a good mic set would comprise of:

Kick: Audix D-6, Shure Beta 52-A
Toms: Most mic manufacturers have several tom mic lineups...the Shure Beta 56 is a good one, and even an SM-57 works in alot of cases...just check out tom mics from Audix, Shure, Audio Technical, AKG, etc.
Snare: Shure SM-57
Hi-hat: Any condenser mic designed for close-mic'ing. AKG makes really nice condensers.
Overheads: Try different condensers...it really all depends on the sound you want. Usually any condenser will work. Again, AKG fits the condenser sector well.

again, that would be the IDEAL kit, but nowhere close to doable for everyone...at least, in my experience, those mics have worked best...hope that helps!

-Ted Johnston