00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LemynLyme just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Daily Addiction

1,062 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Daily Addiction 2005-08-23 04:44:17

Do you ever find yourself going back to that same track over and over again? What I have noticed is that I will browse through a ton of peoples music uploads, finding good and bad tracks. Eventually I will grow weary of the nasty ones and wander off into other realms of the universe-like watching ultimate fighting. Maybe, I am headed towards my bed but for some reason before I get there I must stop off and check on my computer. See if anyone has tried to communicate with me, and in the process I am rushing over to new grounds to play the latest fix. Some days its the weirdest stuff. Yesterday it was Fade Away by Revuen -which isn't even the greatest work by him.

Today it was Paradise on E by BOUNC3. I think it may be that certain melody or synth, that one bassline or beat, and it is stuck on the subconcious-yet you catch yourself humming it over and over. Addicted I am to music-I rush to get my fix. I think I have heard Paradise on E 13 plus times today. I even made my girlfriend listen to it once or twice thru. She commented, "Wow, you rarely play a track twice...?" This is true purely because there is so much great music out there and only so many 3-4 minute time slots in which I can hear it all.

So I am curious, does anyone else share my same addiction? Does anyone else thirst to hear that one track that sticks with ya through out the day/night/on and on?

JAG
I stepped into the light. It was a train...

Response to The Daily Addiction 2005-08-23 14:23:01

Well I was hoping for atleast one reply, I guess I am the onl one. Hmmm, I am unique just like everyone else :)

Well we might as well let this one fall into the abyss.

JAG
Evolution of jaguar...

Response to The Daily Addiction 2005-08-23 14:32:02

this may sound pretty bad man, but i have that same addiction, but not with other peoples songs.
i listen to my own songs....over and over and voer again. cause when i make a song, i listen to listen countless times....
but then after i make it, it has that spinechilling tingle....y'now?
so then i keep on listening....
then i simply subit it to newgrounds so others can listen, but it seems no one feels the way i do abot my music.

i think its just totally sad in my case :(

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to The Daily Addiction 2005-08-23 14:47:50

At 8/23/05 02:32 PM, Theblackhawk wrote: this may sound pretty bad man, but i have that same addiction, but not with other peoples songs.
i listen to my own songs....over and over and voer again. cause when i make a song, i listen to listen countless times....
but then after i make it, it has that spinechilling tingle....y'now?
so then i keep on listening....
then i simply subit it to newgrounds so others can listen, but it seems no one feels the way i do abot my music.

i think its just totally sad in my case :(

Dood if that's sad then consider me sad. I do the same thing with my music, and it has the same effect.

Response to The Daily Addiction 2005-08-23 14:50:37

BlackHawk...
No way bro, not sad at all! Remember in Pulp Fiction when when the character played by Tarentino explains he buys the gourmet shit cuz its his coffee and he wants to taste good coffee? Well dood, me and you make the good shit cuz we like to hear it, or atleast we think it sounds good. I loop my stuff all the time when I get sick of listening to other music. Alot of my tracks have a huge replayability to them. But sometimes certain songs can get so unerving you could care less to hear it again, lol.

Thanks for the response "TheBlackHawk2"
JAG

Response to The Daily Addiction 2005-08-23 16:19:01

wow blackhawk

I do the exact same thing... looks like there's a group of us that do this, hehe we should start a crew in the crew forums XD

Response to The Daily Addiction 2005-08-23 16:33:55

lol its so true, sometimes im SO fucking proud of a song i just amde so listen to it for like an hour, then im like ok its ng time this is flawless. And like you wait to see scores, you come back two days later and like the zero voters has ghot it down to 2. then you work hard to get it noticed to put it back to like a 3.5 when it deserves SO MUCH MORE. :P

Nicolas...

Response to The Daily Addiction 2005-08-23 17:20:47

At 8/23/05 05:14 PM, B0UNC3 wrote:
Took 5 mins to make from scratch, takes forever to forget.I'm thinking of doing a remix of it, but then again I might kill the spirit in it, or what do you say?

Go experimental on it. Mash it, mangle it, destroy it and see what comes out at the end, that's what i reckon.

Response to The Daily Addiction 2005-08-23 17:21:18

You're a swede, your thoughts are purer than ours, so anything we say would only taint you. Go with what your heart tells you (do it!)

Response to The Daily Addiction 2005-08-23 19:27:18

lol b0unc3, u said that youd look stupid.
actually b0unc3, i ahve a suggestion.

do an experimental song. like combine dance, trance, rock and classical or sumthing.

ppl usually dont make fun of u if u do that, they actually pariase you for tryin sumthin new.

and if u scrwe up....dont submit it :P

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person