00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FewThe just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flash Plugin Update...

4,222 Views | 38 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-03 17:30:35

In order to enhance site security, we are experimenting with the Flash display code. The new code blocks Flash movies from running scripts which could be malicious, but it also requires users to have the latest Flash plugin. Not just Flash 6 - the latest version of Flash 6. Upon putting the code to use, I was forced to install and download the latest version of Flash.

This troubles me because I think there are people at businesses who can't install new software on their computers - and most likely their browsers do not have the bleeding edge Flash plugins.

Has anyone had problems since 5:30 this afternoon - as far as getting a message about not having the latest Flash plugin, and not being able to upgrade?

Please be sure to read the post below, as a lot has been going on this week. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-03 18:00:34

No problems here. Haven't had to upgrade.

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-03 18:04:50

At 10/3/02 05:30 PM, TomFulp wrote: In order to enhance site security, we are experimenting with the Flash display code. The new code blocks Flash movies from running scripts which could be malicious, but it also requires users to have the latest Flash plugin. Not just Flash 6 - the latest version of Flash 6. Upon putting the code to use, I was forced to install and download the latest version of Flash.

This troubles me because I think there are people at businesses who can't install new software on their computers - and most likely their browsers do not have the bleeding edge Flash plugins.

Has anyone had problems since 5:30 this afternoon - as far as getting a message about not having the latest Flash plugin, and not being able to upgrade?

dies this mean i have to get flash 6? cause i got flash 5 right now and i just got it and i dont wanna upgrade =(. (yes i am an idiot)

Flash Plugin Update...

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-03 18:11:41

At 10/3/02 05:30 PM, TomFulp wrote: In order to enhance site security, we are experimenting with the Flash display code. The new code blocks Flash movies from running scripts which could be malicious, but it also requires users to have the latest Flash plugin. Not just Flash 6 - the latest version of Flash 6. Upon putting the code to use, I was forced to install and download the latest version of Flash.

on xp, i am to have the queer problems, and from seeing the post, i test it according to what it says

i open a flash movie, and it loads the file as if a .jpg so i right click on it and it says save target, set wallpaper, blah blah. it then pops up about 30 seconds later that the system was changed and if i wanted to reboot my computer. no i do not want to do something gay. and it loaded bloody rage but the preloader was really fucked, kept repeating 11 percent all over...

xp is queer

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-03 18:13:38

Please be sure to read the post below, as a lot has been going on this week. :) I have no problem watching movies and I have flash 6 Tom.

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-03 18:17:11

At 10/3/02 06:04 PM, Lpmofo wrote: dies this mean i have to get flash 6? cause i got flash 5 right now and i just got it and i dont wanna upgrade =(. (yes i am an idiot)

No.
Just the Flash Player.

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-03 18:34:07

I had to install some new flash components today. I did it and everything seems to be working for me now.

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-03 18:44:33

At 10/3/02 06:17 PM, fourchinnigan wrote:
At 10/3/02 06:04 PM, Lpmofo wrote: dies this mean i have to get flash 6? cause i got flash 5 right now and i just got it and i dont wanna upgrade =(. (yes i am an idiot)
No.
Just the Flash Player.

oh ok.

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-03 19:19:04

!!!!!!!TOM!!!!!!READ!!!OR I WILL BLOW MY FUCKING BRAINS OUT!!!!!!!!!
I know you have a lot of users that ask you questions i may have asked you the same fucking damn question about 30 times WHERE IS THE MISS DYNIMIGHT GAME DID YOU SCRAP IT or are you just neglecting it for a while please Tom for the love of christ tell me!

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-03 20:28:06

At 10/3/02 07:19 PM, TropicanaClock wrote: !!!!!!!TOM!!!!!!READ!!!OR I WILL BLOW MY FUCKING BRAINS OUT!!!!!!!!!
I know you have a lot of users that ask you questions i may have asked you the same fucking damn question about 30 times WHERE IS THE MISS DYNIMIGHT GAME DID YOU SCRAP IT or are you just neglecting it for a while please Tom for the love of christ tell me!

Have you ever noticed how he doesn't respond to these messages in the news threads? He won't respond to you, especially now that you threatened suicide... I can see him clicking that "IP block" button now...

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-03 21:13:00

Well, I didn't have any problems voting. I did have a problem a couple months ago when I used netscape to vote. I was able to vote for a while, but then it said I didn't have an up to date version, but I did. Just to be cautios I updated again. Still no result. But anyway, I use IE now and it works fine.

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-03 21:19:22

At 10/3/02 07:19 PM, TropicanaClock wrote: !!!!!!!TOM!!!!!!READ!!!OR I WILL BLOW MY FUCKING BRAINS OUT!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the long delay on the Miss Dynamite game... The scope of it got a bit large, but I'll try to make some revisions to release a version of it soon.

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-03 21:26:46

HE ACTUALLY DID REPLY , OH MY GOD I AM COOL!!!!!!!!!

At 10/3/02 09:19 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Sorry for the long delay on the Miss Dynamite game... The scope of it got a bit large, but I'll try to make some revisions to release a version of it soon.

-Tom

Flash Plugin Update...

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-03 21:35:57

I've downloaded macromedea flash player 6 and I haven't had a problem yet.

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-03 22:55:53

Come on tom give my #3 movie of the day related content!!!!

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-03 23:51:19

HEY TOM!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-03 23:59:31

I think that messing with flash display code might mess up our old codes and we'll have to make all new ones.

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-04 02:28:57

Tom...you are PIMP...
I haven't had trouble with Flash upgrades...
I guess.

Let us lionize better concepts at hand!

Flash Plugin Update...

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-04 02:46:22

I dont think he means that..

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-04 03:10:47

At 10/3/02 09:19 PM, TomFulp wrote:

-Tom

Dear Tropicana Clock....
Why don't you get off Toms fucking nut sack? Every post is like " Tom! Read or I blow my fucking brains out!", etc., etc. Then you go on to ask, beg and plead raving about some fucking game. Will you do us all a fucking favor and simply BLOW YOUR FUCKING BRAINS OUT!!!!!!!!! Either that or stop shooting heroin while drinking you Old English 800 40 ounces. BITCH.

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-04 07:16:29

When The Hell Will Pico 2 be done??!!!

Flash Plugin Update...

Belive in the Black and Gold--GO STEELERS!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-04 07:56:59

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-04 09:17:03

I aint had to upgrade and everything is running fine :)

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-04 11:47:30

When I tried to play a movie, it asked me if I wanted to update my flash player, so I pressed yes then my browser froze. Same thing happened at the Macromedia website.

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-04 12:20:00

I use Linux, and Flash 5 is the latest version of Flash :(

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-04 13:18:21

When I tried loading any flash animation or game on this site, it shows up as a picture loading, then after a few minutes, it askes me if I want to restart my computer. I already downloaded the latest version of flash and restarted already, but this keeps repeating over and over every time I load a movie or game. Do something about this weird mechanisim!

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-04 15:24:17

At 10/3/02 05:30 PM, TomFulp wrote: Has anyone had problems since 5:30 this afternoon - as far as getting a message about not having the latest Flash plugin, and not being able to upgrade?

i dont even get the message sayin that my version of flash is too old - it just doesnt load any flash and i cant upgrade coz im at school when i go on to newgrounds.

Jooles

Flash Plugin Update...

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-04 17:13:07

You should post a link to the flash plugin update.
I can't view anything, and it's not asking me to update. And I can't find the update "here" anyway.
I'll jet off to macromedia and see if I can find it.

Movie's and games are just not loading for me now.
huh..

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-04 20:25:36

At 10/4/02 05:13 PM, iLLiCit wrote: You should post a link to the flash plugin update.
I can't view anything, and it's not asking me to update. And I can't find the update "here" anyway.
I'll jet off to macromedia and see if I can find it.

Movie's and games are just not loading for me now.
huh..

Okay after 2 long and profane Hours I finally got the player upgraded. Wanna know why it took 2 hours?

Advice for anyone who is having problems viewing Flash movie's and games.

DO NOT go to macromedia and download either or both the Flash player 6 or Shockwave player.

It's a waste of time, and won't work.

Go into the Portal, click on a entry "movie or game"
Click watch "movie or game'
And wait.. and wait for you to get an upgrade your player alert!

Click yes to download, and now your good to fucking go.

After I could not view anything, I went straight to macromedia. Dwonloaded the "Flash Player" restarted computer. Only to come back to newgrounds and find that I still could not view anything. "Okay" I thought... went back to macromedia. Downloaded the shockwave player. Restarted computer, come back again.
ONLY TO FIND I STILL could not view movie's or games.
After a few cus words, I decided to email someone, but before I left. A upgrade your player box jumped out at me within a movie I was trying to watch. So I clicked it. And guess what???

It fucking worked. Yes I can now watch movie's and games on newgrounds. So to avoid this from happening, just wait for that damn box to pop up.

Response to Flash Plugin Update... 2002-10-05 02:38:17

I have had NOOOO PROBLEMS!!!!!WWWWWWWEEEEEEP!