00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

applessmillion just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'm looking to do some voice actin'

991 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello there, I am 14 years old and I am trying to start voice acting, I have been told my impressions and so on are pretty good, I have some more than decent equipment and can do quite a wide range of voices....although nothing too high or off the scale...I'm...having trouble in that area if you understand...but anyway I can do some good voices:

KNOWN VOICES I CAN DO:

------------------------------------------
-
"The announcer" From Futurama
Nibber from Futurama (both voice and random noises)
A few more Futurama characters (Morbo, Lrrr, some of the minor voices (e-mail for specifics))
lots of random noises
I am best at creating on the spot voices from info about the character wanted e.g a naslly middle-aged man who is frequently overpowered by his wife in arguments or something

------------------------------------------

I can't think of them all right now, ask me if I can do something and I will try

If you actually read all thi, thank you, if you just skipped down to this, read it and you will get a prize O.o

Response to I'm looking to do some voice actin' 2005-08-20 06:02:24

Lemme get this straight, you can voice Nibbler...
Alright, at age 14, I can believe that... but... Lrrr?! MORBO?!?!

Having that type of range at age 14 is almost inhuman. @_@

That's where the importance of posting a voice demo online comes in. Without one, no one takes you seriously.
See, if I wanted to say I could talk in 20 different voices, at least I'm able to prove it immediately. (See signature mp3.)

Sorry if I sound mean but, without hearing you, why should I or anyone else believe what you claim?

twitter.com/DevenOClock

Casting director, semi-retired from online voice acting. Sorry folks! You can still hear me in TOME, Reincarnation, and Wonders of the Universe!

BBS Signature

Response to I'm looking to do some voice actin' 2005-08-20 09:12:03

can any of u listen to my audio?

Response to I'm looking to do some voice actin' 2005-08-22 17:24:04

okay....I'll record my Morbo n Lrr for ya, see if I can post em somewhere :P
If ya don't belive me fine, but I DID spend about 3 weeks learning how to get the decent growl in my voice for them two....then I lost my voice a week later whilst annoying my friends....Okay will shut up and record my voice now

have a good one

Response to I'm looking to do some voice actin' 2005-08-23 23:34:34

It's not necessarily that we don't believe you, but people like to hear what someone sounds like before casting them for a movie.

NG's Voice Actress! [ Resume | Voice Demo | Twitter ]

Formerly credited as Kagome; currently credited as Rina-chan.

Rescue me in Castle Crashers (I voice the princesses!)

Response to I'm looking to do some voice actin' 2005-08-24 02:32:54

I can do bad guy voices. Like Nightmare from SoulCalibur. It's nuts. But I dont have a very good recording program. Too bad.

Response to I'm looking to do some voice actin' 2005-08-24 02:38:09

Pick up Audacity, my friend. It's free. =)

twitter.com/DevenOClock

Casting director, semi-retired from online voice acting. Sorry folks! You can still hear me in TOME, Reincarnation, and Wonders of the Universe!

BBS Signature

Response to I'm looking to do some voice actin' 2005-08-24 02:40:08

At 8/24/05 02:38 AM, D-Mac_Double wrote: Pick up Audacity, my friend. It's free. =)

Ummm...is Soundforge any good?

Response to I'm looking to do some voice actin' 2005-08-24 03:01:03

When it comes to sound recording programs, I'm a total noob :(

Response to I'm looking to do some voice actin' 2005-08-24 03:31:22

At 8/24/05 03:01 AM, dareel1lilthug wrote: When it comes to sound recording programs, I'm a total noob :(

Don't worry, I'm far from an audio genius myself. =P

Soundforge, I've never used before, so I can't really speak on it.
However, I've been getting by pretty well using Audicity. Just be sure to download the "lame" encoder. It's needed in order to save audio in the mp3 format.

twitter.com/DevenOClock

BBS Signature

Response to I'm looking to do some voice actin' 2005-08-24 13:01:12

At 8/23/05 11:34 PM, KagomeHigurashi wrote: It's not necessarily that we don't believe you, but people like to hear what someone sounds like before casting them for a movie.

Well, I am looking for some voice actors quite a time now..
and I don't know half the voices of the joining people
I'm sure that A LOT of people will contact you if you have a voice demo