00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

blakenator9872 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'm convinced...

729 Views | 6 Replies

I'm convinced... 2005-08-12 10:39:57

That re-formatting your computer after running into a virus does jack shit.

I ran into a virus, and I decided, well what the fuck, my computer is pretty fucked up so I might as make this as quick as possible, just wipe the hard drive and reinstall my default settings, re-format the fucker. Well, thats exactly what I did, and it all looked good, after about a 2 day struggle I finally got the internet working again, as it is now, but the problem now is, I turn off my computer and I come back to 21 new icons that don't belong there, all linking to 'tnssearch.com' (I did not click them, but I could see where they lead by looking through C:/Windows/All Users/Desktop) I tried to figure out if something I downloaded before I shut down my computer the day before could have caused it, I could come up with nothing. Every legit program shown in that picture was on my computer before the reformat, but my dad and brother had gone on the internet in between this time I had shut down the computer, could the virus have stayed with the computer through the reformat? Or did somebody have to be stupid enough to pick up another whole new virus on my computer? I don't want to blame it on my brother or dad, but it could have easily been their fault, and I didn't think that fucking little virus from before could hold on for TWO reformattings.

And I can't run Spybot, it worked before, but now everytime I run it it gets to a certain file on the computer and then it shows up as 'User Abort - Cannot continue search!' I just want this out of my computer for good...

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to I'm convinced... 2005-08-12 10:41:38

At 8/12/05 10:39 AM, _matt_ wrote: That re-formatting your computer after running into a virus does jack shit.

I ran into a virus, and I decided, well what the fuck, my computer is pretty fucked up so I might as make this as quick as possible, just wipe the hard drive and reinstall my default settings, re-format the fucker. Well, thats exactly what I did, and it all looked good, after about a 2 day struggle I finally got the internet working again, as it is now, but the problem now is, I turn off my computer and I come back to 21 new icons that don't belong there, all linking to 'tnssearch.com'

This virus site must have your IP, i had the same thing happen to me, uinfortunately u need a new ip, which means a new computer.

Response to I'm convinced... 2005-08-12 10:41:50

if the problem is that something is poping up. get a popup blocker. that usally works.

Response to I'm convinced... 2005-08-12 10:43:48

man i hate virus' why do ppl even make them?

Response to I'm convinced... 2005-08-12 10:44:39

Perhaps your windows main files have been corrupted. (*new pc for you YAY*)

BBS Signature

Response to I'm convinced... 2005-08-12 10:47:59

time for ze new computer?

Response to I'm convinced... 2005-08-12 10:53:05

At 8/12/05 10:44 AM, RyanY wrote: (*new pc for you YAY*)

I want a new one, but I don't have that much money, at least for a worth while one, and like my dad would buy a new PC after 7 years. He figures once it explodes its time for a new one, I mean shit, I was stuck with dial-up for the longest time, I was luckier than hell that he finally got DSL. Theres a very very very slim chance that I will get a new computer anytime soon. So I might as well wait for another fucking 5 years then maybe I will have enough pennies, nickels, and dimes saved for my own ):<

And my IP doesn't change by the way, so I am almost sure they have it traced, oh well, that's what I get for using the fucking internet...

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt

last.fm

BBS Signature