00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CantankerousCoyote just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What is wrong with...

2,576 Views | 38 Replies

What is wrong with... 2005-07-25 19:33:16

being yourself? I am getting more and more pissed off by this country every day, simply because no one wants anyone else to be different than they are. I myself am not even free of it, despite my efforts. It's like the national attitude has shifted from "be yourself" to "be how I want you to be" and no one is fighting back. "You can't be homosexual because MY god forbids it" or "You can't smoke marijuana because I think it's bad for you"; maybe "You don't deserve the same treatment as I do because of your skin color" or perhaps "You're an inferior human being because your ideals are different than mine." Whatever happened to tolerance and acceptance? Were they just a sham to fool us all into thinking we're alright as a society?

Your thoughts.

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-25 19:37:35

At 7/25/05 07:33 PM, NumaHater666 wrote: Your thoughts.

Basic human nature. We look at people, we categorize people, and we decide other categories are less than ours.

"Men have had the vanity to pretend that the whole creation was made for them, while in reality the whole creation does not suspect their existence." - Camille

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-25 19:42:43

You think our country has less tolerence today then it did in the past? You're a fucking moron. Now go watch some "Will and Grace" reruns.

BBS Signature

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-25 19:56:32

no bodys original anymore, no matter what your personality somone has already been like that, if you like sports and are gay, get in line thousands have been there done that, if your a huge spider that wears a suit, maybe one or two people have done that but still, nothings original

my knowledge is rich and deep motherfucker

BBS Signature

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-25 20:05:17

At 7/25/05 07:33 PM, NumaHater666 wrote: being yourself?

Nothing. If people weren't such insignifigant little curs, they'd pursue what they wanted to be, despite the consequences.

I am getting more and more pissed off by this country every day, simply because no one wants anyone else to be different than they are. I myself am not even free of it, despite my efforts. It's like the national attitude has shifted from "be yourself" to "be how I want you to be" and no one is fighting back. "You can't be homosexual because MY god forbids it"

Yea, because no one in America is being themselves, by being gay/bi-sexual.
I know I'm not.

or "You can't smoke marijuana because I think it's bad for you"

Yea, and everyone listens to that, and no one smokes pot.
I know I don't.

; Whatever happened to tolerance and acceptance?
Though I agree that this country could use a little more of both...both are overrated.
Why is everyone so dependant on getting approval? Why does every drug user want to be viewed as 'the same as everyone else, and completely equal'? I'm a drug user...and I'm not the same as everyone else. Joe Schmoe doesn't eat LSD every time he gets his hands on it. Joe Schmoe doesn't drink everyday. Why do homosexuals want to be viewed as 'being just like everyone else'? That's not fucking being yourself, guys. If you're gay, or a drug user....you're probably not like everyone else.

People are so needy, for approval. If something makes you happy, then do it. Stop angsting around, trying to get the American Majority to throw you a parade.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live my life for the sake of another man, or ask another man to live his for mine.

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-25 20:27:47

You can be yourself. As long as its not illegal, offensive, uncool, or against a religion. Kinda limits it...

BBS Signature

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-25 21:53:52

I agree, this country has grown less and les tolerant, to all, even each other, within religions even, (i.e. Orthodox Catholics and "Cafeteria" Catholics) In the 40's and even 50's gays were openly welcomed and weren't afraid to come out, of course it wasn't coming out, because it wasn't as if you were hiding something, or trying to avoid it. Blacks, although treated better in the music, entertainment and industries like that, still face the day-to-day uncertainties. Don't even get me started on Muslims, and them. One thing I am very dissapointed about is the constant hispanic bashing, even by their own kind! As far as drugs and substances of the like go, I personally am opposed, but my mantra is "If it doesn't directly affect me, I don't give a damn!" So if you want to go smoke some weed, fine by me, but its a major turn-off for me.

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-25 22:05:04

At 7/25/05 09:53 PM, DeadlyOpulence wrote: I agree, this country has grown less and les tolerant, to all, even each other, within religions even, (i.e. Orthodox Catholics and "Cafeteria" Catholics) In the 40's and even 50's gays were openly welcomed and weren't afraid to come out, of course it wasn't coming out, because it wasn't as if you were hiding something, or trying to avoid it.

What the hell kind of magical fairy world have you been to?

Hey I just realized, I made a pun there.=)

BBS Signature

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-25 22:08:40

At 7/25/05 09:53 PM, DeadlyOpulence wrote: Blacks, although treated better in the music, entertainment and industries like that, still face the day-to-day uncertainties.

Yes, because we white folk force blacks into hard labor and beat them with whips when disobeying...

Where have you been?

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-25 22:23:53

At 7/25/05 07:33 PM, NumaHater666 wrote: Your thoughts.

F'ed if you do, f'ed if you don't.

If it makes you feel better when people don't mess with you, don't do something that will make people mess with you. If you feel better doing what you want regardless of what people think or do, by all means do it.

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-25 23:59:12

At 7/25/05 07:33 PM, NumaHater666 wrote:

Whatever happened to tolerance and acceptance?

9/11 murdered it.

Land of the greed, home of the slave.

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 00:21:55

be yourself
dont care what some idoits say that you should do just because there have power.
they cant stop you
they WONT stop me

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 00:22:45

At 7/25/05 07:33 PM, NumaHater666 wrote:
Whatever happened to tolerance and acceptance?

9/11 murdered it.

Yeah it did - but really, people want to follow a God, ppl dont want to be arrested, and ppl dont want to die of lung cancer. If you wanna smoke pot, be my guest.

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Review Request Club // Former Wi/Ht? Regular

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 00:28:56

At 7/25/05 09:53 PM, DeadlyOpulence wrote: I agree, this country has grown less and les tolerant, to all, even each other, within religions even, (i.e. Orthodox Catholics and "Cafeteria" Catholics) In the 40's and even 50's gays were openly welcomed and weren't afraid to come out, of course it wasn't coming out, because it wasn't as if you were hiding something, or trying to avoid it. Blacks, although treated better in the music, entertainment and industries like that, still face the day-to-day uncertainties. Don't even get me started on Muslims, and them. One thing I am very dissapointed about is the constant hispanic bashing, even by their own kind! As far as drugs and substances of the like go, I personally am opposed, but my mantra is "If it doesn't directly affect me, I don't give a damn!" So if you want to go smoke some weed, fine by me, but its a major turn-off for me.

in the 40's and 50's gays were treated worse than blacks. they were lynched along with blacks. the only reason it is not known as much is because less gays were out and almost everyone agreed with their treatment

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 04:40:16

Do you have any proof to back that up?

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 04:44:42

At 7/25/05 10:05 PM, BeFell wrote:
At 7/25/05 09:53 PM, DeadlyOpulence wrote: I agree, this country has grown less and les tolerant, to all, even each other, within religions even, (i.e. Orthodox Catholics and "Cafeteria" Catholics) In the 40's and even 50's gays were openly welcomed and weren't afraid to come out, of course it wasn't coming out, because it wasn't as if you were hiding something, or trying to avoid it.

Actually most blacks are treated better today than they were in the past.

You have colleges and schools that are only opened to blacks.

If a black person wants to trash talk and be prejudice towards a white person, he can do it and wouldn't be acused of any hate crimes.

A black person can set up his own club or food store that can only allow service to black people.

A white person couldn't do that since the 1980's.

As of recently black people have more rights than white people.

But I do agree there is still racism between white and black people, just that most of what you see is directed against white people.

Oh and by the way I'm a fellow African American.

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 06:17:43

People are "being themselves" too much these days if you sak me.

What did he say? Get the pitchforks! Boil the oil!

Hear me out on this. People are sheep. Really, if you ever need proof of the human herd mentality I present to you exhibit a) the wave. You know that thing in sports arenas where everybody stands up in sequence? If people were tuely individuals, it would be spotty and ragged but it's almost always uniform with a few random holes here and there caused by empty seats, distracted spectators, the elderly and the few people who really don't give a fuck.

What's that got to do with this? EVERYTHING! It's human nature to be a sheep so by "being yourself" you're really just cementing your sheep-ness. Content, non-agitated, stuck in neutral, following whatever trend du jour "speaks" to them. Goths are great for this. "Yah, I'm Goth. I'm not like all those preppy fags and skater punks, I'm an individual!" Yeah, sure you are dude, you and the hundreds of thousands of other goths out there. Very original.

So, back to my premise. People need to stop acting like themselves (complacent, compromising sheep that they are) and instead imitate other people. BETTER people. Pick someone you admire and try to be more like them. Could be your dad, could be Abe Licoln, could be Stalin for all I know. The point is at least you'd be driven to improve yourself. If we all did that, things might actually get done around here (and by here I mean, you know, EARTH).

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 11:58:30

At 7/26/05 04:44 AM, Dranigus wrote:

Why does it matter? Stop looking in the past, and going ohh we arent mean to them because look what we were doing to them 50 yrs ago! Stop saying them and Blacks and colored people. I thought we got this idea after the civil war.......guess not

That is against the law cause its called SEGREGATION YOU FAG.

If a black person wants to trash talk and be prejudice towards a white person, he can do it and wouldn't be acused of any hate crimes.

No, it wouldnt happen to a white guy either. although some words like the n word and such are unacceptable...........hey wait...........if you look at society its like reverse of the 1800's except there are no slaves anywhere, african americans can say whatever they want to white people and wont get in trouble, while if a white guy says w/e he wants to a b-l-a-c-k person he can get prison time and such, plus white suburbias suposably fear the black man.

A black person can set up his own club or food store that can only allow service to black people.

SEGREGATION AND RACISM

A white person couldn't do that since the 1980's.

As of recently black people have more rights than white people.

What?!?! What the fuck are you talking about?

But I do agree there is still racism between white and black people, just that most of what you see is directed against white people.

Again, what the fuck are you talking about

Do you feel special?? "Just cause im african american, i get more glory then a white guy" Not only is that racist, but it just sounds stupid

Well-a Everybody's Heard About the Word, Tha-Tha-Tha Word-Word-Word the Word is the.....

BBS Signature

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 14:29:22

Why, because all people are different, and because of that people have strange things they like to do thats not the norm, and therefore looked down upon by society. So most are either in denial of or are in the closet about said strange things.

That, and when the 'peasents' get too smart, they start wanting things that aren't good for the aristocracy; like equal rights for one.

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 16:08:43

Being yourself and being an individual are two completely different things- running round a concert in a thong because you felt like it is being yourself.
Being an individual is... erm... well... inciting a riot at a love in? I dunno...
But at somepoint in their life, everyone says that they want to do things their way. This does not mean that they want to do things a new way, just a way that feels right and comfortable to them...

There are many truths in this world. No one thing is ever real. No one thing is ever right. No one person can ever know the whole truth, regardless of the facts they possess.

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 16:51:58

At 7/26/05 04:44 AM, Dranigus wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? I was repling to what he said about gays that's why I ommited the part about blacks in my quote. That's also why I said I made a pun, fairy world, gays, do you get it? Fuck you people are stupid.

BBS Signature

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 17:24:08

At 7/26/05 11:58 AM, Dinodoode wrote:
Why does it matter? Stop looking in the past, and going ohh we arent mean to them because look what we were doing to them 50 yrs ago!

Stop looking in the past? Then stop bringing up the Vietnam war, the Nixon scandle, the purging of the Native Americans, and slavery. Just shut up about it.
Deal?

:Stop saying them and Blacks and colored people.
I guess you're ignorant and prejudice enough to call all blacks 'African Americans', then?
How fucking demeaning.

That is against the law cause its called SEGREGATION YOU FAG.

You preach tolerance, and call people fags all in the same breath.
Nifty.

Do you feel special?? "Just cause im african american, i get more glory then a white guy" Not only is that racist, but it just sounds stupid

Not all black people descended from Africa. That's stereotypical, and prejudice.

I love it when black people demean themselves by calling all blacks African American. A substantial amount of blacks came from a variety of places that wasn't Africa.

You people love to hyphonate your Americanism.
"I'M NOT AN AMERICAN GODDAMNIT! I'M AN AFRICAN AMERICAN!"

You can demean your own race if you want. That's your choice.
But I refuse to do that. I call black people black. I expect them to call me white.
It's not a problem until you make it one.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live my life for the sake of another man, or ask another man to live his for mine.

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 18:18:40

Because a lot of insecure people fear people who can be themselves.

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 19:01:01

You know, just reading this thread makes me ownder if the reason we differ so much is because we see ourselves as more different than we really are. We're pretty similar (of course, we're all human beings) but everyone has that hot-button that they hold so damn much pride in about themselves, that for whatever reason they will automatically look down on someoene who eats the same food, breathes the same air, and lives in the same climate simply because that's their one differentiating point.

You can look, walk, and talk exactly the same as another person, but as soon as you find out they're gay, you immediately recoil like they've told you they have a highly contagious terminal illness. Why do you suppose that is?

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 19:03:11

Human nature. We fear the unknown and despise what is different, yet we strive to learn and seek uniformity and community. We're walking, talking contradictions.

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 19:44:29

At 7/26/05 05:24 PM, _FLAGG wrote:
Not all black people descended from Africa. That's stereotypical, and prejudice.

A substantial amount of blacks came from a variety of places that wasn't Africa.

All of us originally descended from Africa: <a http://blogs.nationa..6/explorer_adam.html

">

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 19:50:09

At 7/26/05 07:44 PM, madzakk wrote:
At 7/26/05 05:24 PM, _FLAGG wrote:
A substantial amount of blacks came from a variety of places that wasn't Africa.

All of us originally descended from Africa: <a http://blogs.nationa..6/explorer_adam.html

">

yeah from some homo like species but thats ancient genetics.

Between the idea And the reality

Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 19:58:31

At 7/26/05 07:50 PM, fenrus1989 wrote:

Actually, in the time scale of earth's history, it's just a blink of an eye.

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 20:02:02

At 7/26/05 07:58 PM, madzakk wrote:
At 7/26/05 07:50 PM, fenrus1989 wrote:
Actually, in the time scale of earth's history, it's just a blink of an eye.

true very true. 99% of human time was based on evolution from the homids to homo sapien. most notably with homo erectus discovering fire and i think homo habulus with tools or clothes

Between the idea And the reality

Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to What is wrong with... 2005-07-26 21:07:30

i agree he was the best

anyhow u want to know why no one is unique anymore cause after wwII
people through god out the window.