00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gustavo-Y-YA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Alien Hominid, Mystery Game

6,413 Views | 67 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 01:30:12

Sadly, I was not able to finish level two of Alien Hominid this week - despite what felt like a 24/7 programming marathon. I was hoping to finish this week so SYNJ and I could submit the game with both levels to an indy game competition, but alas, we will have to settle for just level one.

The good news is, we have spiced up level one - when we release the new version, expect some fresh suprises before you get to level two!

In other news... I was also hoping to release the game I have been working on with I-Mockery this week. This is also running a little longer than originally planned, but only because we keep making it MUCH COOLER. When Alien Hominid is giving me a headache, rather than taking a walk outside I have been working on this other game. It currently encompasses three different play styles, with a fourth being added next - it is total gaming insanity, and just keeps getting crazier!

For now, we have had some great Portal entries recently, so keep playing with those! :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 01:34:29

At 8/29/02 01:30 AM, TomFulp wrote: Sadly, I was not able to finish level two of Alien Hominid this week - despite what felt like a 24/7 programming marathon. I was hoping to finish this week so SYNJ and I could submit the game with both levels to an indy game competition, but alas, we will have to settle for just level one.

The good news is, we have spiced up level one - when we release the new version, expect some fresh suprises before you get to level two!

In other news... I was also hoping to release the game I have been working on with I-Mockery this week. This is also running a little longer than originally planned, but only because we keep making it MUCH COOLER. When Alien Hominid is giving me a headache, rather than taking a walk outside I have been working on this other game. It currently encompasses three different play styles, with a fourth being added next - it is total gaming insanity, and just keeps getting crazier!

For now, we have had some great Portal entries recently, so keep playing with those! :)

We, I get first reply! Games are a bitch to make aren't they?

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 01:35:44

!1 responce??

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 01:38:30

At 8/29/02 01:30 AM, TomFulp wrote: Sadly, I was not able to finish level two of Alien Hominid this week - despite what felt like a 24/7 programming marathon. I was hoping to finish this week so SYNJ and I could submit the game with both levels to an indy game competition, but alas, we will have to settle for just level one.

Sounds good... o_o.

Hopefully you do get that mystery game out before the second level for Alien Hominid.

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 01:40:57

Please help.... For a few weeks now I am unable to view about 1/2 the new portals. You click to view the movie, game, and you get a white screen. The status bar at the bottom of the new window is working my computer and the server are communicating but after it is all said and done......NADA! I have the latest version of flash player but I don't know what to do... All I have is NEWGROUNDS. Please Help.

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 01:42:13

Tom, i really need webspace, i know this isnt the place i should be posting but ya dont reply to my emails. I only need it for a month so i can make enough money through popups to pay for pro hosting. And i am not a dickhead just tryin to make money, i love flash and want to show people my movies/games and sicne i am pretty good at makin websites i decided to make one where i can show my flash and i where otheers can submit theres, sort of like this cause i have got an automated portal ready to install. Please email me cause i need to know wether i can have space for a month or two. Thanks

heres the design of da site, www.flashgrounds.8m.com

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 01:45:35

At 8/29/02 01:40 AM, Earlyman wrote: Please help.... For a few weeks now I am unable to view about 1/2 the new portals. You click to view the movie, game, and you get a white screen. The status bar at the bottom of the new window is working my computer and the server are communicating but after it is all said and done......NADA! I have the latest version of flash player but I don't know what to do... All I have is NEWGROUNDS. Please Help.

It could possibly be our server running like ass, although it hasn't been running THAT bad this past week (not for me anyway). Has anyone else had problems with movies loading lately?

Does Flash seem to load fine everywhere else other than on Newgrounds and the Portal?

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 01:57:49

Tom, you really need to do something about that MonkeyWrench thing for Alien Hominid(#2 on the top 5 today). Sure it is a cool device.... but who knows what could from it in the future. Besides, it takes away any challenge from beating Alien Hominid.

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 01:58:01

At 8/29/02 01:30 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Hmmmz... We can cut open the kid in the beginning of lvl 1? The mid boss chopper gets harder with all new attacks and visuals? Ways to gain bonus lives? More civilian targets?
Just ranting some ideas...

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 02:02:07

It could possibly be our server running like ass, although it hasn't been running THAT bad this past week (not for me anyway). Has anyone else had problems with movies loading lately?

Does Flash seem to load fine everywhere else other than on Newgrounds and the Portal?

-Tom

Well, the only problem I have had is when logging on or off, the page turns white and shows some message along the lines of "web page not responding". other than that? no. oh yea sorry, one more thing....some pop up that appears and is WAY fucking larger than my screen. i have to resize windows, move shit around, just to close it.

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 02:02:14

At 8/29/02 01:58 AM, Da_Dinictus wrote: Hmmmz... We can cut open the kid in the beginning of lvl 1? The mid boss chopper gets harder with all new attacks and visuals? Ways to gain bonus lives? More civilian targets?
Just ranting some ideas...

Hehehe... No, no, no and no... But they are all good ideas.

Cutting the kid in half WOULD be cool, and the code is pretty much ready for it - so once SYNJ is done all the other art maybe that could be added to the list. :)

More civilians would also rock... I worry about slowing down CPUs, but perhaps we could have some areas without enemies and just civilians - or work them into some BONUS LEVELS like you said. Definitely great potential there.

And yes, that enemy copter SHOULD get some beefing up. He can be a challenge if he randomizes well, but sometimes he just sits there and I should fix that. I am upgrading all of the helicopters so they can hit the alien right between the eyes (instead of sending bullets in his general direction). They are still easy to dodge, but you don't want to sit stil. Maybe I can have the copter-midboss reign some bullets on you while dropping bombs... Muwahahaha! Maybe napalm or something as well... We'll see. :)

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 02:14:42

is there only gonna be 2 levels or are thier more on the way?

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 02:16:47

At 8/29/02 01:45 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 8/29/02 01:40 AM, Earlyman wrote: Please help.... For a few weeks now I am unable to view about 1/2 the new portals. You click to view the movie, game, and you get a white screen. The status bar at the bottom of the new window is working my computer and the server are communicating but after it is all said and done......NADA! I have the latest version of flash player but I don't know what to do... All I have is NEWGROUNDS. Please Help.

-Tom

Tom,
It does seem that everything not on the portal loads fine, just not some of the newer submitions....

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 02:22:47

Hey tom? this is a question for you. i know it's alittle off the subject but what do you think when people give you a high score on, well lets say the pico 2 engine demo? Forgive me if i seem a bit ignorant but i was checking out the reviews and couldn't believe people were posting it was the greatest thing ever to have graced NG. You'd think if they find that so damn amusing, i can make a flash of a stick man picking his nose, then loop it. hehe

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 02:25:39

At 8/29/02 02:16 AM, Earlyman wrote:
Tom,
It does seem that everything not on the portal loads fine, just not some of the newer submitions....

just try closeing the window and trying it over again, its probably the server.

you don't know if i'm joking or not

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 02:29:36

Hmm, i agree with all teh others, but you also ahve to work on an EASY mode for the game (for us metal slugs newbs :) ) i think the farthest ive gotten on alien hominid was the robot.....
It would also be cool if you could hijack the helicopters (lol) and teh civilian things cool to, but i the civilian areaonus round the alien should get a big ass gun that punches holes through puny little human chests :)

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 02:41:58

Maybe AH could have somesort of a bonus level where its a first person shooter... that would be a bitch to program though... or maybe you could add some tanks... anythings good with enough tanks! :)

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 04:50:38

Hopefully, level 2 of Alien Hominid will be out by next week.( I can wait all week cos it's the September holidays! NO SCHOOL!) By the way, how's Pico 2 doin?

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 05:02:05

I noticed you put the cossack steamroller in the background will you be able to use it or will it be a boss kinda thingy?

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 05:12:59

i just allmost played out the game but the end with that huge tank is quite hard to beat or isnt that the end :|

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 07:16:37

At 8/29/02 01:30 AM, TomFulp wrote:

i'll just keep playing with myself thank you,

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 07:57:50

Tom what new stuff will be in level 1 and what is the new game called

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 09:31:34

its ok, spend your time working on a more creative game

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 10:58:21

noooooooooooooo Tom you must finish it

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 11:02:45

Good luck!

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 12:49:59

just wanted to say that the watermark of alien hominid behind your text in posts is really cool..keep up the good work!

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 12:55:25

At 8/29/02 01:45 AM, TomFulp wrote:

-Tom

Yup, sorry Tom but yall's servers are cranking like an old man trying to pee. I've uploaded Mr Roboto 2002 to my angel fire website and loads alot faster than from NewGrounds. Even after I dump the temp files.
Also I can be sailing along checking out the portal and I'll get the old "Page not avalible" screen, or a 404 error, or I'll get redirected to something entirely differant.

Ideas?

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 13:19:39

Hey TOm wheres hows Mis Dynmite fighting game coming along hows the progress or did you abondon it?

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 15:01:52

At 8/29/02 05:12 AM, TheDinoStick wrote: i just allmost played out the game but the end with that huge tank is quite hard to beat or isnt that the end :|

That pic is reeeally starting to look creepy. especialy the rabbits in the background. Whenever I go to bbs it's there stareing at me.

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 15:31:26

Tom you should add more guns and a Contra speader
would be awsome