00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

rurusilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Alien Hominid, Mystery Game

6,435 Views | 67 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 16:39:00

In other news... I was also hoping to release the game I have been working on with I-Mockery this week. This is also running a little longer than originally planned, but only because we keep making it MUCH COOLER. When Alien Hominid is giving me a headache, rather than taking a walk outside I have been working on this other game. It currently encompasses three different play styles, with a fourth being added next - it is total gaming insanity, and just keeps getting crazier!

Indeed, this new game continues to expand and expand from the original idea. I can't believe how far we've taken it and I can't wait to unveil it to all of you. Between moving and other work, we're hoping to get the game out within the next week or two. I promise it'll be well worth the wait though, we're really going all out with this one. We'll do our best to keep you posted. And yes, just like in most of my other games, we will be including secrets that you can access in addition to all of the other stuff.

More to come...

-RoG-
http://www.I-Mockery.com

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 17:02:31

At 8/29/02 01:30 AM, TomFulp wrote: Sadly, I was not able to finish level two of Alien Hominid this week - despite what felt like a 24/7 programming marathon. I was hoping to finish this week so SYNJ and I could submit the game with both levels to an indy game competition, but alas, we will have to settle for just level one.

The good news is, we have spiced up level one - when we release the new version, expect some fresh suprises before you get to level two!

In other news... I was also hoping to release the game I have been working on with I-Mockery this week. This is also running a little longer than originally planned, but only because we keep making it MUCH COOLER. When Alien Hominid is giving me a headache, rather than taking a walk outside I have been working on this other game. It currently encompasses three different play styles, with a fourth being added next - it is total gaming insanity, and just keeps getting crazier!

For now, we have had some great Portal entries recently, so keep playing with those! :)

Cool. You should add some cool stuff to alien hominid.
Here is a cool ocarina if anyone has wanted to know what they look like!

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 17:07:56

At 8/29/02 01:30 AM, TomFulp wrote: Sadly, I was not able to finish level two of Alien Hominid this week - despite what felt like a 24/7 programming marathon. I was hoping to finish this week so SYNJ and I could submit the game with both levels to an indy game competition, but alas, we will have to settle for just level one.

The good news is, we have spiced up level one - when we release the new version, expect some fresh suprises before you get to level two!

For now, we have had some great Portal entries recently, so keep playing with those! :)

Cool. You should add some good stuff to alien hominid to make it better. And here is a pic of an ocarina if anyone has wanted to see one.

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 17:09:26

oops i posted twice

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 19:44:22

AWWWWWW that sux

Wow so long a go it seems

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 19:50:09

Damn, that's crazy. I'm ranked in popularity the top 100.

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 20:02:10

I should be able to get the ALIEN music online sometime soon as well...

hope everyone is doing well and thanx for all of the positive emails!!!

I thought you all forgot about me!!!
I am now inspired to work on some more LHM and the music for LEVEL 2 will be completed shortly

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 20:21:55

At 8/29/02 07:50 PM, Antichristro wrote: Damn, that's crazy. I'm ranked in popularity the top 100.

Why didn't I post pics of dead babies first. :(

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 20:27:18

Hey, its all good. Hurry up with that shit and with Pico 2!

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 20:50:43

At 8/29/02 05:12 AM, TheDinoStick wrote: i just allmost played out the game but the end with that huge tank is quite hard to beat or isnt that the end :|

ME!!!!! ME!!!!!!! I WANNA GO!!!!!!!!!

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 21:26:04

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 21:28:34

At 8/29/02 09:26 PM, afireinsidexvx wrote:

Hey take your time on level 2 level one can keep people busy for awhile it kicks asss

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 21:50:48

dude just keep it up ull get done sooner or later

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 23:14:29

I don't know how hard this would be to add to the code, but an idea that popped into my head is this:

Create the ability to take grenades from the grenade throwing enemies (like how most enemies you knife them when you're in close proximity to them) instead of knifing them the Alien would grab and take a grenade which could be throw with the "d" key, providing

player_grenades == true

just a thought :)
what would also be funny is you could maybe blow yourself up if you're not careful ;)

I was never really here.

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-29 23:48:52

At 8/29/02 07:50 PM, Antichristro wrote: Damn, that's crazy. I'm ranked in popularity the top 100.

man i know how you fell im pretty poupler to oh yeah TOM YOU SHOULD GIVE ALIEAN HOMID DUDE DULE PISTOLS!!!! that would be tight well im making a tight shooter game you guys will like it i hope it makes the front page and i plan on finnishing it by the time school starts or mabey at the end of september depending on how much i get done with it. it would be more easyer if I had two people it would be more easyer but oh well.

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-30 00:12:31

" I was hoping to finish this week so SYNJ and I could submit the game with both levels to an indy game competition"

Hi, Tom,

What indy game competition?

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-30 01:17:56

At 8/29/02 01:45 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 8/29/02 01:40 AM, Earlyman wrote: Please help.... For a few weeks now I am unable to view about 1/2 the new portals. You click to view the movie, game, and you get a white screen. The status bar at the bottom of the new window is working my computer and the server are communicating but after it is all said and done......NADA! I have the latest version of flash player but I don't know what to do... All I have is NEWGROUNDS. Please Help.
It could possibly be our server running like ass, although it hasn't been running THAT bad this past week (not for me anyway). Has anyone else had problems with movies loading lately?

Does Flash seem to load fine everywhere else other than on Newgrounds and the Portal?

-Tom

I, too, have had similar problems (usually with the more popular cartoons, such as portal fighter 2.) Ah well.

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-30 01:34:17

Alien Hominid is an awesome game as it is. I'm really pumped even for an improved level one. The mystery game sounds awesome, can't wait.

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-30 04:01:22

Well tom seems like Lv2 will be like pico 2 eh.Well take some aspin and go back at it.Make like a bonus level in lv1 remix where u can shoot the military in your ship!!Im still workin on Zuits trailer and im half done.No voices sorry or until i get a micopone for the my pc.Well peace tom and dont bite any1s head off.

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-30 04:51:26

Good shit, keep it up. I hope to see both soon, but I'd rather wait for something good than settle for crap.

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-30 07:59:36

boy my testicles are sweaty today!

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-30 08:55:56

Tm you should also have more guns and other powerups and make the that chopper better looking with new guns like missile

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-30 11:30:07

That's ok, Tommy! You can still finish it! Keep up the good work!

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-30 14:48:02

go to http://www.runescape.com/runescape.html email me to learn more.
P.S: here's a picture:

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-30 18:26:06

At 8/30/02 07:59 AM, alien_worker wrote: boy my testicles are sweaty today!

that's desturbing on so many levels.

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-31 06:06:32

this has nothing to do with any of that, but like i just got a popup with graphic sex shit in it, like oral sex etc etc, from your site, and i thought that was pretty bad man. you know some stuff is ok but that, its a half screen popup... could get people in big shit man

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-08-31 08:37:17

At 8/30/02 06:26 PM, Ice_Demon wrote: that's desturbing on so many levels.

thanx 4 the compliment,i try 2 keep them as sweaty as possible.......

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-09-01 15:48:38

At 8/29/02 08:02 PM, FDA wrote: I should be able to get the ALIEN music online sometime soon as well...

hope everyone is doing well and thanx for all of the positive emails!!!

I thought you all forgot about me!!!
I am now inspired to work on some more LHM and the music for LEVEL 2 will be completed shortly

Oh yeah that pico music that you can find at your site is kickin!!!!!

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-09-01 17:44:57

Finish it fast man, im gettin trigger happy and im at the mall!!!

Response to Alien Hominid, Mystery Game 2002-09-02 06:10:37

uh what sorry im stoned right now