00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hauntir just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How to make my own music

1,736 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How to make my own music 2005-07-06 19:47:38

I'm planning to make my own music. Do I need a special program or somthin?
I'm not lookin to spend too much money so keep it cheap.

Response to How to make my own music 2005-07-06 20:08:26

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to How to make my own music 2005-07-06 20:24:09

Go to the pawn shop, and get a cheap guitar/drum set/drum machine.. There ya go, you can make music. Maybe the pawn shop will have a copy of Fruity Loops, but I doubt it.

Response to How to make my own music 2005-07-06 22:32:40

At 7/6/05 08:24 PM, MobilizeTerror wrote: Go to the pawn shop, and get a cheap guitar/drum set/drum machine.. There ya go, you can make music. Maybe the pawn shop will have a copy of Fruity Loops, but I doubt it.

I meant is there a program that I can use to just make beats and record vocals without instruments(maybe I might use a guitar).

Response to How to make my own music 2005-07-06 22:44:53

get the demo of Fruity Loops and play with it that what i did, and i turned out okay

Response to How to make my own music 2005-07-06 22:48:02

At 7/6/05 10:44 PM, Audio_Don wrote: get the demo of Fruity Loops and play with it that what i did, and i turned out okay

Thanks. I'll try it and tell you if it worked for me

Response to How to make my own music 2005-07-07 17:24:38

I have an even better idea.....
Go to limewire .com and download the free version. Then search fruity loops in the limewire program and download one that says FREEE!!!! in big bold letters...make sure it says FULL!!! too, because the demo sucks ass cuz you cant save. Then learn something about music, I dont care what, but anything. Because there is no way that you'r going to make a quality song without any musical knowledge.
I mean you could be one of those guys that submits those 30 second crap loops of random drum fills, but no one really likes them.

Tinker with that program for a while until you feel comfortable with it, and you can make some decently quality stuff.
I would also wait a few month sbefore you start submitting stuff to newgrounds, because the reviewers will be very harsh over your new hobby, who knows....I might be one of them.
that is all I have to say,
Good luck,
...yeah

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to How to make my own music 2005-07-07 17:29:49

Just get the free Fl studio. there is one problem. u wont be able to save your work with the free Fl Studio.

Response to How to make my own music 2005-07-07 21:15:28

As they say, get FL.
Then get an midi keyboard.
take a couple hundred classes.

then you just need more equipment, buy a couple of mics, loads of plugins.
buy the best of the best, then you could start selling your music.

After a time you engage yourself with some other people making music, you learn from them and becomes famous.

Or you can just download the free FL.

Response to How to make my own music 2005-07-07 21:59:49

At 7/7/05 09:15 PM, XGM-Zeth wrote: As they say, get FL.
Then get an midi keyboard.
take a couple hundred classes.

then you just need more equipment, buy a couple of mics, loads of plugins.
buy the best of the best, then you could start selling your music.

After a time you engage yourself with some other people making music, you learn from them and becomes famous.

Or you can just download the free FL.

Maybe not a couple hundred classes...but yeah, some concept of musical theory is vital

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to How to make my own music 2005-07-07 22:35:39

I took a semester course at FSU for music theory... it helped tremendously

Response to How to make my own music 2005-07-07 23:20:36

fl is good. so is acid pro. im still using acid pro 4.0 and fl 3.4. its good. you'll want a decent sound card if you're going to record. and a cheap mixing board for better sound. good luck. and plz dont make 30 sec loops. i think someone else have already said it but i will say it to THEY SUCK. have fun

Response to How to make my own music 2005-07-08 09:50:52

I'll try that

Response to How to make my own music 2005-07-09 15:35:37

When I searched for frooty loops on limewire I clicked on audio then I clicked on programs. After that which one do I download?

Response to How to make my own music 2005-07-09 15:43:18

And after I downloaded the frooty loops program, I tried to bring it up and my comp. is tellin me that the program isn't registered. I can't use the program.