00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Unofficial Phantasy Star 4 Sequel!!

570 Views | 1 Reply

Hello,
for all of you who are curious as to the meaning of this post, I'll explain. Phantasy Star 4 was a great game, and I expect anyone who reads this will agree. It is unfortunate that the Phantasy Star series, being further developed on later generation consoles, lost it's original feel. This is where my post comes into place. This post is an invitation to join the unofficial development team, we are currently in the planning stage, leaving many positions open. Yes we are making Phantasy Star 5! For all of you who feel that this game will be a cheap clone of it's predecessors, let me assure you that you're wrong. All game graphics will be completely new and original, all of the music will be new, however we will be recreating a few memorable tunes. Development time is currently estimated at around 1 year, this is ofcourse based on part-time work, meaning around 7 hours a week from each crew member. This game will be 'old school'! The graphics will be just like those of the Sega Genesis games, as will the music. This is a brief explanation of what is to come, although more information will given to crew member applicants. Here are the current positions available:

Assistant programmer
This is not a position that we expect to be filled, although all applicants are welcome.
Requirements -
An extensive knowledge of Macromedia Flash 5 Actionscript.

Artist
There are many positions available.
Requirements -
A talent for anime art, please note we are not using any Flash vector art, you will have to create pixel graphics (Photoshop/Paint).

Dialogue/Subquest/Substory Editors
There are many positions available.
Requirements -
A great imagination! Crew members in this field will write NPC/character dialogue, subquests and missions! The ability to make small changes to the storyline also exists in this field!.

These are the main positions open, there are many small positions also available not mentioned above. If you wish to apply for any position or would like more information the PS5 crew, please contact:

AIM - Wooden Raspberry
MSN/email - androidphilosophy@hotmail.com

Response to Unofficial Phantasy Star 4 Sequel!! 2005-05-12 03:19:05