00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

twitchinvisor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Computer Art Club.

4,529 Views | 88 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-02 17:42:04

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-02 17:50:09

my two favorite creations

rate and comment plz
Raptor Wallpaper/Logo

My Eye Candy Website Layout

Faith tramples all reason, logic, and common sense.

PM me for a sig.

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-02 17:59:56

ok. they're both good. i prefer the wallpaper to the website layout because it seems more original. i'm trying to drive out ratings to get more reviews if you don't mind.

the raptor designs wallpaper is very smooth and even the name compliments it. though its a bit bare. it seems to mix tech with old stuff. lol.

the web layout is good though i seem to be seeing quite a lot of these recently so im getting a bit bored. what i'd really like to see is a really funky retro vector sig. that would be good!

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-02 18:02:18

At 5/2/05 05:59 PM, Arch_Angel_Rhys wrote: ok. they're both good. i prefer the wallpaper to the website layout because it seems more original. i'm trying to drive out ratings to get more reviews if you don't mind.

go ahead, i dont mind

the raptor designs wallpaper is very smooth and even the name compliments it. though its a bit bare. it seems to mix tech with old stuff. lol.

ya, i thought it would look better in a space scene. the logo itself was originaly a planet i had made

the web layout is good though i seem to be seeing quite a lot of these recently so im getting a bit bored.

everyone was going it, i just wanted to be cool

PM me for a sig.

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-02 18:27:53

At 5/2/05 03:59 PM, Arch_Angel_Rhys wrote: some very interesting AND ORIGINAL work. it's nice to see hand drawn material on the 'net.

That it is. Though there are fine arts groups on the internet, I find they tend to stay in their groups and not experiment in other mediums. I think it would benefit everyone if the artists had a bit of experience in, say, flash and music, and the musicians had a bit of experience in drama and flash, say. They'd be more likely to mingle, and more able to notice and appreciate talent in other areas. In which case you'd see many more masterpeices made from collaberations between the groups. Not to say that what we have isn't great, but I think more people could realise their potential... Why did I go off on a rant like that? *ponders*

nice balance of glowing and colours. the fact that it is original and new also adds cool points. the blue force field thing adds a magical sense to the image and the opacity changes are also good. good piece of work.

Thank you. Yes, that was what I was going for, a sense of calm, magical power emanating from the figure. Thank you for noticing :)

smooth. very,very well drawn dragon. the opacity in the tail is good and the expression on the face brings the piece to life. you must be a vet at this?

Hm... Am I? Lesse... 10+ years of drawing experience, drawing dragons for maybe 3... doing computer art for around 1 year... *blinks* Huh, guess I have more credentials than I thought XD

yet another well done image. the fact that you've used a pencil to show the size of the sprite is simple yet magnificent in my opinion. fantastic!

Hm... I never looked at it that way. My origonal intention was for it to be a giant pencil, which fits better for my conception of her (RP character), but having the pencil as a size comparison makes so much sense! Thank you, you've made me look on this picture in an entirely different light! :D

interesting adaptation of yourself to become a serpent. nice how you have incorporated the text into the picture by having yourself leaning on it. tidy.
another good piece. i'm guessing it's pixel work by the look of it though i may be mistaken. it seems to me to be and original character based on sonic though i may be mistaken on that also, good work going on.

Good eye. Yes, it's a pixel art, and yes, it's based on sonic & co, a frankenstein of different characters for different parts, actually.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/Juandfr/Mermaid2.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/Juandfr/Zero.gif
not much to say about these last two except more praise. very neat, precise and varied art.

My thanks for all the compliments!

maybe you could post linkage to some of your website work sometime?

They're nothing special, and most arn't done yet, but I might as well advertise XD
http://www.cookes.ca/~webart/Ifers_Web_Design/Page.htm - My webpage, for my web design business, since several people had asked my rates, I'd decided to start a business to make some extra money.
http://www.cookes.ca/~webart/Lawrence_TLC_BandB/ - My mom's Bed and Breakfast, which she runs out of our basement ^-^

well. to sum it up. your work is different to most anyones work on ng and i'd gladly let you join. welcome aboard.

Glad to be here

At 5/2/05 05:42 PM, Arch_Angel_Rhys wrote: there....http://photobucket.com/albums/y144/Arch_Angel_Rhys/

Sorry, dude. It's still not working -_-

At 5/2/05 05:50 PM, Velocitom wrote: Raptor Wallpaper/Logo

The text is excellent! It's very striking and the colour choice is great. The background's a bit bare, though, with lots of empty space. Which works for a desktop image, but not for a logo. That can be solved by cutting down the canvas size, though. Your choice of textures and of shading is great. Love to see more in the future.

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-02 18:38:41

At 5/2/05 06:27 PM, Ifer wrote: The text is excellent! It's very striking and the colour choice is great. The background's a bit bare, though, with lots of empty space. Which works for a desktop image, but not for a logo. That can be solved by cutting down the canvas size, though. Your choice of textures and of shading is great. Love to see more in the future.

thats what it is, a wallpaper

if you want to imagine it as a logo just imagine the text and image, nothing more

PM me for a sig.

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-02 18:57:33

thats what it is, a wallpaper

It's just that you called it a wallpeper/logo :)

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-02 20:07:51

see ifer! art is all bout perspective. the way you see things determines what the picture is. like surrealism

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-02 21:22:15

made in flashmx and photo shop

The Computer Art Club.

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-02 21:24:13

oops i posted thw wrong pic

The Computer Art Club.

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-03 06:34:14

Ok, here's some image manpulating i did:

UFO Destruction

Note that i did everything from scratch, even the ufo. The landscape was just a stock photo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-03 06:45:31

At 5/3/05 06:34 AM, MeMB wrote: Ok, here's some image manpulating i did:

UFO Destruction

Note that i did everything from scratch, even the ufo. The landscape was just a stock photo.

post that shadow city one,thats one of my favs

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-03 08:15:17

Ok, here you go:

Shadowcast City

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-03 13:52:04

At 5/3/05 08:15 AM, MeMB wrote: Shadowcast City

That's really neat. How did you make it?

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-03 14:13:21

hey i know you guys make characters in the this club, but ive made something im pretty proud of, and yes it is my work.
Rate this plz!

p.s. its not at full size, this is my desktop background

The Computer Art Club.

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-03 14:53:09

At 5/3/05 02:13 PM, DRNJK wrote: p.s. its not at full size, this is my desktop background

Heh, it looks nice. :) My desktop is a picture I found from Google. XD So I will give you 9.5/10 for not being lazy like me and making a good image. :)

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-03 14:58:32

I made this and this with Bryce 5.

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-03 15:03:42

At 5/3/05 02:53 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 5/3/05 02:13 PM, DRNJK wrote: p.s. its not at full size, this is my desktop background
Heh, it looks nice. :) My desktop is a picture I found from Google. XD So I will give you 9.5/10 for not being lazy like me and making a good image. :)

thanks bud for the rating :)
hey i made this one as well as a possible desktop background,
so waht do you think of this one?

The Computer Art Club.

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-03 15:09:35

At 5/3/05 03:03 PM, DRNJK wrote: thanks bud for the rating :)

Hmm, not sure if that one could fit nicely as a desktop, but the colours are very nice again and even though I find it hard to figure out what the image is, I still appreciate the effort you have put in and laziness isn't in your way. :)

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-03 15:21:51

At 5/3/05 03:09 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 5/3/05 03:03 PM, DRNJK wrote: thanks bud for the rating :)
Hmm, not sure if that one could fit nicely as a desktop, but the colours are very nice again and even though I find it hard to figure out what the image is, I still appreciate the effort you have put in and laziness isn't in your way. :)

i know its hard to make out, so i posted it on my site with an explanation to it.
Go and have a look!

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-03 20:00:20

At 5/3/05 03:03 PM, DRNJK wrote: so waht do you think of this one?

Hm. Personally, I like the first one better, it seems more dynamic to me, but this one has quite a bit of an emotional "twang". Then again, I'm not big on abstract, so what am I doing critiquing it? >.> <.< *sidles away*

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-04 01:33:30

At 5/3/05 06:34 AM, MeMB wrote: Ok, here's some image manpulating i did:

UFO Destruction

No replies? : (

lol, j/k

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-04 07:03:47

not a bad piece of work although i do feel there is room for improvement.

can't post as i am banned from my computer. be on next wek at the most. matt keep an eye on things

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-06 08:25:01

At 5/5/05 05:46 PM, ThreeStar wrote: Here's my latest, it's too big to post here. It's for a contest, and the rules are really specific [ie it has to be so-and-so pixels big, and you have to have such-and-such logo]. Can you tell me anything wrong with it? Like something else I could add?...

Remove the sprites, that's what i say. I pretty much hate sprites.

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-06 11:36:40

This is an awesome club. Keep up the good work peoples.

I frequent this site when I'm looking for inspiration. Computer Arts.

They're featuring a Japanese-born artist in their gallery right now.

AYA KATO - Photoshop, Illustrator + Painter.
(If you don't know these programs shame on you) :)

The Computer Art Club.

px hulk.

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-06 12:00:59

yes but i think they work amazingly in that work. i find it awesome. the whole thing just seems to work.very professionally i might add. plus its advertising retro gaming so the excite bike riders aree great. good job star!

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-06 12:06:18

At 5/6/05 11:36 AM, Incredible_Hulk wrote: This is an awesome club. Keep up the good work peoples.

thanks. : ) join if you wanna though it's not neccesary.

I frequent this site when I'm looking for inspiration. Computer Arts.

some good work on there.

They're featuring a Japanese-born artist in their gallery right now.

cool. i really like oriental themed work because old or new it all just has so much inspiring content and culture.

AYA KATO - Photoshop, Illustrator + Painter.

i know painter and photoshop and illustrator but WTF is AYA KATO??

(If you don't know these programs shame on you) :)

lol.

that pic is awesome. oriental and stylish. i like the ancient feel it has to it and the character is very lifelike and slick. good work!

btw, my last post was replying to three star's work.

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-06 13:25:34

i know painter and photoshop and illustrator but WTF is AYA KATO??

That's the artist i believe

BBS Signature

Response to The Computer Art Club. 2005-05-08 17:01:25

This is probably a stupid question but anyway,

What is the best quality format to save images in, i have been using .bmp all the time, but i've been told there is better, i know jpeg always fucks up when i use it. So, what is the BEST one? .png?

BBS Signature