00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SomeApe just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Riddle Crew

24,759 Views | 531 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 08:45:25

At 4/24/05 08:16 AM, StupidityIsAGift wrote: i got a riddle!!

How can you make the following equation true by drawing only one straight line:
5+5+5=550

put a diagonal line on one of the + symbols, thus creating a 4 :) (5+545=550)

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 08:59:08

yep.....i'll go find another riddle......

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 09:03:22

A woman shoots her husband.
Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes.
Finally, she hangs him.
But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together.
How can this be?

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 09:25:50

At 4/24/05 07:32 AM, animeangel7 wrote:
congratulations to the guy who figured out how to solve level 19, that was really inpressive :) now we only need to figure out the bonus levels ^^'

Good Luck. I've been working on the bonus levels longer than level 19.
After confirming some of my findings, the creator has become very tight lipped and wont say another word about it after I discovered more.
I feel I have most if not all the pieces, I just dont know how to make them fit yet.

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 09:34:44

At 4/24/05 09:03 AM, StupidityIsAGift wrote: A woman shoots her husband.
Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes.
Finally, she hangs him.
But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together.
How can this be?

she took a shot of him with her camera, than hold the picture under water and hung it to dry :) i went through most of the riddles on riddlenut and remembered the answers ^^'

Good Luck. I've been working on the bonus levels longer than level 19.

After confirming some of my findings, the creator has become very tight lipped and wont say another word about it after I discovered more.
I feel I have most if not all the pieces, I just dont know how to make them fit yet.

well, why don't you post your findings here and maybe together we can figure out how they fit? unless of course you want to solve it by yourself and collect the money ;)

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 09:45:36

At 4/24/05 09:34 AM, animeangel7 wrote: i went through most of the riddles on riddlenut and remembered the answers ^^'

i hate you....i'll find harder ones....

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 09:54:58

found a good one!! try this!!!

Three guys walk into town. They go into a hotel and ask for a room they can share. The clerk has just the thing they want for thirty dollars. The clerk sends them to the room, takes out the ledger, and realizes that he made a mistake. The room costs only twenty-five dollars. Now he has to divide five dollars evenly three ways. Can't be done. So the clerk pockets two dollars, tells the guys that he made a three dollar mistakeand gives them each a single. Now, each man paid only nine dollars for his share of the room. Nine times three equals twenty seven, plus the two in the clerk's pocket equals twenty nine. Where's the other dollar?

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 10:18:54

At 4/24/05 09:45 AM, StupidityIsAGift wrote:
At 4/24/05 09:34 AM, animeangel7 wrote: i went through most of the riddles on riddlenut and remembered the answers ^^'
i hate you....i'll find harder ones....

:'( don't hate me now, spread the <3 :) i went through them a long time ago, i forgot some, plus i didn't go through all of them :)

found a good one!! try this!!!

i hate you now, <3 ^^' i got that in an e-mail once, unfortunatley there wasn't an answer, it was one of those 'send this to 1000 people and the answer will pop up on your screen, omg!', stupid e-mail .... i read an answer a looong time ago somewhere though, but forgot it :'( ... i'll try though :) .......

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 11:07:56

At 4/24/05 09:54 AM, StupidityIsAGift wrote: Three guys walk into town. They go into a hotel and ask for a room they can share. The clerk has just the thing they want for thirty dollars. The clerk sends them to the room, takes out the ledger, and realizes that he made a mistake. The room costs only twenty-five dollars. Now he has to divide five dollars evenly three ways. Can't be done. So the clerk pockets two dollars, tells the guys that he made a three dollar mistakeand gives them each a single. Now, each man paid only nine dollars for his share of the room. Nine times three equals twenty seven, plus the two in the clerk's pocket equals twenty nine. Where's the other dollar?

Math is wrong.

"$30 Room"
Men pay $30
Clerk realizes: "$25 Room"
Pockets $2
$25 for room + $1 to each man ($3) + $2 in clerk's pocket = $30

The confusing part is that "each man paid $9 for his share of the room". True, but there's a dollar extra left out of that math. No problem.

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 11:12:08

At 4/24/05 06:51 AM, BigLundi wrote: What animal keeps the best time?

Watchdog, ha ha.

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 11:14:21

i got this...

You're not trying to find the thirty dollars - you're trying to find twenty five dollars - the 3 guys paid thirty, minus the 3 they got back, minus the 2 in the clerk's pocket - you're not supposed to add them when he gives it back, it's still part of the same thirty.

new riddle.....

At a local bar, three friends, Mr. Green, Mr. Red and Mr. Blue, were having a drink. One man was wearing a red suit; one a green suit; and the other a blue suit. "Have you noticed," said the man the blue suit, "that although our suits have colors corresponding to our names, not one of us is wearing a suit that matches our own names?" Mr. Red looked at the other two and said, "You're absolutely correct."

What color suit is each man wearing?

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 11:21:20

At 4/24/05 11:14 AM, StupidityIsAGift wrote: You're not trying to find the thirty dollars - you're trying to find twenty five dollars - the 3 guys paid thirty, minus the 3 they got back, minus the 2 in the clerk's pocket - you're not supposed to add them when he gives it back, it's still part of the same thirty.

What does that mean? Am I right?

At a local bar, three friends, Mr. Green, Mr. Red and Mr. Blue, were having a drink. One man was wearing a red suit; one a green suit; and the other a blue suit. "Have you noticed," said the man the blue suit, "that although our suits have colors corresponding to our names, not one of us is wearing a suit that matches our own names?" Mr. Red looked at the other two and said, "You're absolutely correct."

Two diff. answers:

Mr. R = Green or Blue
Mr. G = Blue or Red
Mr. B = Red or Green

I don't think there's a way to tell which one is right; I mean they're both right, but I don't think one is more right than the other.

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 11:25:36

Mr Red is replying to the man in the blue suit. This man can't be Mr Blue, so must be Mr Green. Therefore Mr Red is wearing green, Mr Blue is wearing red, and Mr Green is wearing blue.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 11:30:37

At 4/24/05 11:26 AM, jump3rboi wrote: Have another riddle:

What costs nothing, but is worth everything? Weighs nothing, but lasts a lifetime? One person can't own it, but 2 people can share?

What is it?

marriage, love?

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 11:38:54

At 4/24/05 11:30 AM, enigma- wrote: marriage, love?

That seems about right.

Here's mine:

A man is walking on the beach, just after taking a long swim in his clothes. He sees a restaurant on the beach. He walks into the restaurant and gets seated. He looks at the menu and orders seagull soup. The waitress brings out the soup, he takes one bite, realizes something, and runs out onto the road and gets killed.

Why did he freak out?

Can I join this crew? I've been posting here...for over 15 minutes...and I love riddles?

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 11:54:13

Why did he freak out?

he ummm...remembered he forgot his wallet? ^^'

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 12:08:51

At 4/24/05 11:54 AM, animeangel7 wrote:
Why did he freak out?
he ummm...remembered he forgot his wallet? ^^'

or lost it while swimming, whichever :)

sorry for the double post ^^'

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 12:12:17

At 4/24/05 11:54 AM, animeangel7 wrote: he ummm...remembered he forgot his wallet? ^^'
At 4/24/05 12:08 PM, animeangel7 wrote: or lost it while swimming, whichever :)

Nope! Roffles.

Not so good hint: Why the hell would he be swimming in his clothes?

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 12:21:59

Can I join?

Heres an easy one I knew ages ago

There are 2 fathers and 2 sons, they get 3 cars and each have one between them even though there are 2 fathers and 2 sons.

I got more but I can't remember them.

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 12:25:32

At 4/24/05 12:21 PM, -snare- wrote: Can I join?

Heres an easy one I knew ages ago

There are 2 fathers and 2 sons, they get 3 cars and each have one between them even though there are 2 fathers and 2 sons.

I got more but I can't remember them.

BigLundi posted this riddle, Nephthys posted the answer on the last page:

At 4/24/05 06:34 AM, Nephthys wrote: *sigh*

Three men: grandfather, father and son. They each take one car.

I don't know about you joining though, nobody's told me if I can join.

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 12:33:41

Nope! Roffles.

oops ^^' well that sounded strange too me too, but hey, some people do that ^^' i thought that that was said because he could have had a wallet in his pocket and it fell out while swimming, but i guess not ^^'....well in that case, i dunno right now :/ ...

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 12:40:07

At 4/24/05 12:12 PM, KimPossibIe wrote:

He was being chased by a gang/police? And saw them and ran away then got shot. :D

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

BBS Signature

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 12:45:08

At 4/24/05 12:40 PM, __Black_Mage__ wrote: He was being chased by a gang/police? And saw them and ran away then got shot. :D

Nope. Hint: It has nothing to do with money. Big hint: It has to do with what he ate.

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 12:52:14

Any one here interrested in Cryptography or Codes, Ciphers, & Codebreaking? If so i will post A new cipher each week for you guys to try and crack. That is if I am allowed to.

Priest of Anubis and guardian of the NOX.

I'm a heavy drinking, chain smoking, foul mouthed sailor and guess what Im dating your SISTER!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 12:55:34

here's a few light ones to eaze up your brain.

What appears twice every moment, once every minute, but never in a thousand years?(if you can't figure this out you need to be slapped)

What always ends everything?(this one too, their common sense.)

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 12:58:57

At 4/24/05 12:55 PM, BigLundi wrote: What appears twice every moment, once every minute, but never in a thousand years?(if you can't figure this out you need to be slapped)

1. the letter m.

2. thing, or just the letter g.

Now I can slap you, for posting the easiest riddles in the world!

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 13:01:38

At 4/24/05 12:58 PM, KimPossibIe wrote:

1. the letter m.

2. thing, or just the letter g.

Now I can slap you, for posting the easiest riddles in the world!

don't slap me! i told you in advance they were to lighten up the load on you guys' brains!

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 13:02:59

to make up for the last two, here.

If you were to take the percentage of people who die during their specific job. which job would prove the most dangerous?

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 13:03:22

Well are you two interested in what I said in my last post? (Look at the top of the page for it.)

Priest of Anubis and guardian of the NOX.

I'm a heavy drinking, chain smoking, foul mouthed sailor and guess what Im dating your SISTER!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Riddle Crew 2005-04-24 13:03:26

At 4/24/05 12:55 PM, BigLundi wrote: here's a few light ones to eaze up your brain.

What appears twice every moment, once every minute, but never in a thousand years?(if you can't figure this out you need to be slapped)

the letter m
yay i don't get slapped :)

the letter g ^^

Nope. Hint: It has nothing to do with money. Big hint: It has to do with what he ate.

...he remebered he's alergic to seagulls and ran to the bathroom on the other side of the road? lmao :D