00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Office Update

27,101 Views | 238 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 20:13:29

yay i have the absolute lowest level in this topic aera as of 16/4/05 YAY

Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 20:21:09

Well, you don't really have that many people working on newgrounds now do you?

Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 20:42:30

I think you should go for it and up your offer you have just as much right to want the site as the the nearby business does.

I agree with what was said earlier on in the topic about the business getting over it if they are all adults and if they dont then just hold in mind the fact that your above there petty moaning.

Go for it you may not get another chance liek this.

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 21:32:11

I'm sure you'll make the right decision, Tom.

Personally, I think you should go for it... even if you needed everyone with an account to pay one payment of 5$, I wouldn't hold it against you... so long as we had fair warning and you used the money to buy the place.

IYou should also talk to the neighboring business and tell them about your current situation. Try and make a deal or tie up loose ends in case you do decide to make the big move. :D

Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 21:41:18

Maybe the building could be torn down and made into a joint building:
Your offices on the upper level(s), their parking lot on the bottom level(s)

Seriously, if it looks good, do all you can to make it happen, especially a compromise like this that would 1. lower the buying cost for you 2. give you a new business buddy.

Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 22:07:36

Think, you could have a nice corner office with a view, not just a window well.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 22:33:45

If you have the money, go for it. Don't bid too much.
Best of luck.

Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 22:57:08

How much money problem is it? Is it just the one time payment your having problems with? If so, then i'm sure if you open a Paypal account, you'd get a bunch of NG'ers to help you out. If it's rent thats the problem...thats something else.

But like i said, if it's just the down payment, with the help of the NG'ers you should make all you need and thensome to get the office building.

Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 23:13:39

Tom if you dont have enought money im pretty sure everybody will be willing to help if you asked.

But you should really buy it just imagine want could happen if you did!

Response to Office Update 2005-04-16 23:53:16

YOU are tom fulp. the man who had a dream for a site to show highly entertaining flash to the general public and bring joy into their sad, sad lives. whether by blowing up goths, watching animals play super heroes, watching a fat man dance to a romanian song, hearing bohemian rhapsody combined with AYB, newgrounds has played host to these and many more flashes. what started as a small personal site has grown into a huge mass of amazing quality flash. and everybody loves it. I'll bet you had second thoughts about many things in it's history, from the decision of simply starting the site to the more recent decisions like whether or not to keep the minnesota shooting kids flash on the site. you've faced much harder: the bitchy Penny Bain, the stiff competition from other sites, the money woes of Alien Hominid the game... and look what's happened. penny's gone, the other flash sites are nothing compared to newgrounds' experience system and rapidly growing flash, and alien hominid is winning all kinds of awards and bringing you the prestige you deserve. there will always be risks in your site: this is just another one. but think about it: newgrounds office. it just rolls off your tounge. would you really want to surrender a huge jump in your sites future to a company that just wants parking space? would you keep your site smaller and less personal just so some business could get more parked cars? newgrounds deserves an office. its big. its beautiful. it's the best damn place on the internet (take that, Maddox). it cant survive forever in a basement. its that good.

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 00:07:43

Sell your house and let them tear that down

Problem solved.... ^_^ Oh well.... Iguess we'll have to wait a little longer...

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 00:50:42

I think you guys need a little office....

Raise your offer

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 00:52:20

for the lovw of GOS timmy bvuy it LOLerskates i said timmy.

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 01:04:07

At 4/15/05 06:52 PM, TomFulp wrote:
So just like in the movies, the fate of this building is in my hands. I can raise my offer and save it from demolition, or sit idly by and spend the rest of my days driving past a parking lot, asking "what if".

Honestly, I don't know what to do. I don't like the idea of being forever disliked by the neighboring company, who really could use the parking space. But it seems a shame to tear down a perfectly fine building. Tacking the cost of rennovation on to the asking price of the building leaves me a bit uneasy, so I'll just have to sleep on it. The NG office might just have to wait.

"Tom buy the building you get a new office and if nothing ele saved aperfectly good building which may someay become a national landmark because of you

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 01:31:54

newgrounds out of the basement into a building will give u respect against the opposing assholes in the town that just need parking space...newgrounds is growing into somthing and this is another chance for u.
i dont kno how much the price is i mean money seems to be everything but if u really want it and can use it take it...think in the long run of things people are cut throat in business and maybe this time u should just cut some throats and take the building instead of leavin it to become rubble.
it can be a bigger start for u guys so if u take it good luck !
and if u dont ill say its out of kind heart for the other business or finacial problems cuz money dont grow on trees

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 02:15:23

Well Tom I say FUCK IT. Do you realy need a building? Not much time not enogh money. its a big gammble. Tom let the poor over parked companny have there parking lot ok... :)

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 03:13:55

Go for it you know you want to... pussy(!)

Office Update

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 03:37:19

Man, Im sorry to hear that....wish there was something that could be done. Sorry to hear about your dilema, Tom. Hopfully, something else will come along, and your worries will disappear(like in the movies :P)

SOLIDUS

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 04:35:08

Tom, buy the building make the roof flat and have a parking lot on the roof and let the other company use it =D and i would gladly donate some money to you but i have to pay for a japan trip and i dont have the money and my parents would be like no! u dont know this guy, he could rip u off big time!.. i dont think you would do THAT Tom and if u did.. i still wouldnt hate ya =)

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 04:57:38

I would be careful. They might be trying to work ya for your cash. A fixer upper that is going to be demoed might be a lemon. I think a building for NG would Just rock but not if it takes out NG with it.

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 05:12:31

At 4/16/05 12:23 PM, DanPaladin wrote: you are being impulsive. therefore, do not get the building. that is dr. phil's answer.

And of course, he is NEVER WRONG.

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 05:24:54

I hope they're not trying to run a scam, getting more for less. I mean what are the odds you'd both have the same offer? Tell them you'll change the site to RemaXGrounds.com for a day. That should be enough incentive.

px hulk.

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 09:33:28

Tell them they are whores! (people wanting the parking lot)

Office Update

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 09:35:48

So, How much would this cost and stuff?

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 09:52:58

Good luck Tom. That would be cool if there was a Newgrounds office.

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 10:07:17

We believe in you Tom. We're sure what ever you do will be best for Newgrounds.

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 10:51:29

You don't want to wonder "what if" now do you Tom? Go get that office and hire mexicans like Ozcar to help you set the office up.

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 11:23:45

Hell yeah go for it I think you should buy it it will last for a good while and if you get tried of it sell it.

I'm but a simple man, and just a traveler. Tempt me not to the Light nor Darkness... for I travel a harder road, the road of Twilight.

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 12:45:20

wo0ts! tom go for it so i can work there sum day but we love u so watever u choose to do we'll bak u 100%- but just dont let the reason of u not raising it be because of the other company =P NEWGROUNDS 4 LIFE

Response to Office Update 2005-04-17 12:54:21

Man, you should just tkae all the awards and shit off and use the money to make a higher bid!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$