00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do Not ...

29,552 Views | 201 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Do Not ... 2009-07-16 21:27:22

Does Newgrounds COPYRIGHT the music we post here?

Response to Do Not ... 2009-08-25 18:39:54

At 7/16/09 09:27 PM, Meonly70 wrote: Does Newgrounds COPYRIGHT the music we post here?

Yes, under CC license.
Creative Commons

At 8/25/09 06:25 PM, 97crazylegs42 wrote: Remixs arnt allowed?

Reading is allowed. The info you need is several times discussed in this thread.

Response to Do Not ... 2009-09-01 17:23:28

At 8/25/09 06:39 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 7/16/09 09:27 PM, Meonly70 wrote: Does Newgrounds COPYRIGHT the music we post here?
Yes, under CC license.
Creative Commons

At 8/25/09 06:25 PM, 97crazylegs42 wrote: Remixs arnt allowed?
Reading is allowed. The info you need is several times discussed in this thread.

technicaly within the next few years ALL forms of music will have been alredy made, therfor it would be impossible to create anything further until the musical styles of the past are irraticated.

Response to Do Not ... 2009-09-10 13:59:39

At 4/13/05 12:21 PM, Maus wrote:
At 4/13/05 07:30 AM, SpamWarrior wrote: MY intellectual property, THEIR sources, so i'm a little confused on that.
Sampling. So you want to be the next P. Diddy and use a clip of a previously recorded song in your work and make millions. Do you need a license when you're only using a little bit of someone else's work? YES! YES! YES! Not only will you be embarrassed like Vanilla Ice in every interview, but you will also invite a slew of lawsuits and criminal actions. Using a piece of a previously recorded song in your recording is called sampling. Any kind of previously recorded clip from a movie, commercial, or music is considered a sample. Sampling, just like using the full-recorded version, requires you to obtain the Sound Master or Master Use License. It does not matter if you add effects to the sound clip to make it your own; if the derivative work belongs to someone else you need to obtain the license before you can use it.

HA HA HA HA HAAAAAaaaa!!!! How very little you know about the music industry and ther laws. for your incompatence, I hope you ARE sued for your music just so I can see you FAIL at defending yourself, Muah HA HA HA HAAAw!!

Response to Do Not ... 2009-09-10 14:23:00

At 7/6/09 02:10 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 7/6/09 01:55 PM, MkieNedachi wrote: Your wrong.
Legally we can use 9 seconds of a track.
Would you like to argue about it?

:WRONG!! you can change the style of a song, but not the basic substance,chorus,or melody without specifice permission.

This is more like a urban legend than a legal truth.
Actually, people who studied laws know that there is not such law.
If you still think that this law really exist, provide a link to it, I DARE YOU.
OK, here you go http://www2.digidesign.com/digizine/arch ive/digizine_june04/mixing/
Also, as said before, Newgrounds rules are more strict about.

Response to Do Not ... 2009-09-29 12:03:43

How long does it takes this period that they evaluate my first submission?

I made a submission last saturday and it's still withheld by the moderators.

=/

Response to Do Not ... 2009-09-29 12:30:57

At 9/29/09 12:03 PM, eredkcuf wrote: How long does it takes this period that they evaluate my first submission?

=/

Go to this thread please.

BBS Signature

Response to Do Not ... 2009-09-29 12:57:00

At 9/29/09 12:30 PM, MH16 wrote:
At 9/29/09 12:03 PM, eredkcuf wrote: How long does it takes this period that they evaluate my first submission?

=/
Go to this thread please.

My bad, thanks. =)

Response to Do Not ... 2009-10-26 23:43:05

I need something clarified because I do not want to get in trouble. In audio portal I found quite a few songs with anime and movie quotes. There was one song made entirely by the one anime quote for 3 minutes Espcially in Drum n bass . I know this is taking someone else work if its copyrighted.

Is it legal to quote (snippets or instruments) from anime made from different country, or if its not licensed?

If I get the rights to use copyright material, can I post it on newgrounds?

Any tips on finding stuff thats not copyrighted or lost copyright protection?

Response to Do Not ... 2009-11-22 11:05:07

I too have a question regarding this

A little while ago, i uploaded my voice acting demo reel to here, it never showed up, i try to upload something else and now it says i have been banned from submitting anything from the audio portal. Could it be that my demo reel had copyrighted material?!

i guess i'll never know....and how long is this ban gonna be? is it permanent? Or it's it a specific amount of time put? I would really like some answers, since i really wanna be a voice actor here, and now...this.

Response to Do Not ... 2009-11-22 13:51:06

Actually, you take anyone's song and sing it, then post it on anywhere you are breaking the law. As you didn't have rights to cover the song.

Actually covers are allowed without permission per US copyright law. You just have to sent a specific royalty if it gets that kind of exposure.

Response to Do Not ... 2009-11-27 10:28:04

repeating my previous question just incase anyone missed it, cause i could really use an answer.

is the ban on submitting to the audio portal for forever, or for a certain amount of time?

Response to Do Not ... 2010-01-01 16:20:45

At 11/27/09 10:28 AM, electricstar wrote: is the ban on submitting to the audio portal for forever, or for a certain amount of time?

Forever, or at least until the moderators get new tools which allow them to unban you.

--

Anyway, I just found out how lucky I am. A year or so ago, I saw someone upload the original version of the song 'Live and Learn'. I then thought that we were allowed to upload songs that we didn't make but making sure that we credit their authors, and went to do the same myself. It came up with the error message saying that the MP3 I chose wasn't sampled at 44100 Hz. If it wasn't for that I'd be banned by now :P.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Do Not ... 2010-01-01 16:49:30

At 11/27/09 10:28 AM, electricstar wrote: repeating my previous question just incase anyone missed it, cause i could really use an answer.

is the ban on submitting to the audio portal for forever, or for a certain amount of time?

Probably in the background music you had something, or was just so bad that some moderator took it as "spam audio".
Better to contact a audio moderator and ask.
Feel free to thank to the guys who hacked my account (and because of that I'm not a moderator anymore) because I could have checked myself why... but now...

Response to Do Not ... 2010-01-01 17:37:47

sorry for flinging a cat above my head but imo any content that recreates an existing track on the sheetmusic should be a bannable offence.
There are alot of tracks that have been 'remade' with just a few different instruments, composition being 100% the same, how in the world is that anything respectable, they never came up with the composition so why should they be getting scores for em at all.

Only original compositions should be allowed.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to Do Not ... 2010-01-01 20:34:43

I know I've asked before but to be really sure, if I play any music with my trumpet that I didn't write, I could be banned for it?

Because after reading most of this thread makes my head spin.

Response to Do Not ... 2010-01-02 03:28:58

At 1/1/10 05:37 PM, Calamaistr wrote: sorry for flinging a cat above my head but imo any content that recreates an existing track on the sheetmusic should be a bannable offence.
There are alot of tracks that have been 'remade' with just a few different instruments, composition being 100% the same, how in the world is that anything respectable, they never came up with the composition so why should they be getting scores for em at all.

Only original compositions should be allowed.

Very Very Wrong !!!
You would ban actually all the Classical music, the REAL Classical music (you know, Mozart, Bach, Haydn...etc).
As you might know, playing an instrument is a:
1-Skillful activity
2-Personal experience (nobody play same piece EXACTLY the same)
Having different points of view over a song/ instrumental track can be original and interesting.
I would listen to Frank Zappa's "Stairway to Heaven" (cover of Led Zeppelin) ten times more than an "original" techno track badly made in FL, putting all clichés together.

Response to Do Not ... 2010-01-02 03:33:52

At 1/1/10 08:34 PM, AccountableMasses wrote: I know I've asked before but to be really sure, if I play any music with my trumpet that I didn't write, I could be banned for it?

Covers are allowed. I.E. No, you can not be banned for it, as long as it is YOU playing, and not a sample from the original or someone else playing.

Generally, as long as what you submit contains nothing from someone elses work, or as long as it contains very very few premade loops... It should be ok to upload.

A lot of people seem to say covers are frowned upon... but I've yet to have anyone get bitchy with me about it, and my most popular uploads are covers (Which I am honestly disappointed about).

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Do Not ... 2010-01-02 11:43:48

At 1/2/10 03:28 AM, sorohanro wrote:
Very Very Wrong !!!

I was talking about for instance people remaking megaman/mario tracks with perhaps here and there a different instrument but 100% the same compositionwise, and these people get awesome recognition.

Its absurd.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to Do Not ... 2010-01-02 12:05:01

At 1/2/10 11:43 AM, Calamaistr wrote:
At 1/2/10 03:28 AM, sorohanro wrote:
Very Very Wrong !!!
I was talking about for instance people remaking megaman/mario tracks with perhaps here and there a different instrument but 100% the same compositionwise, and these people get awesome recognition.

Its absurd.

Those are MIDI rips, those fall under another category of FAIL :))
But for pink panties's sake, please people learn the terms and use them correctly.
Remix =/= Cover Version
Sample =/= Loop
Music Sheet =/= MIDI Rip

At 1/1/10 08:34 PM, AccountableMasses wrote: I know I've asked before but to be really sure, if I play any music with my trumpet that I didn't write, I could be banned for it?

If you play it and you record it, then according to NG rules you should be fine.

Response to Do Not ... 2010-01-02 13:58:27

Well this is an interesting post if no one knew that already ... but I'm pretty sure now one in right mind would.

Response to Do Not ... 2010-02-24 12:36:17

you could always avoid technicalities and just write original music...

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to Do Not ... 2010-05-12 08:44:57

I take this as my example. I'm trying to submit something like this. A virtual orchestration + the vocals. Do you think is it okay?
I'm so confused on what I've read here. XD

Latest Music Upload: ll The Face Of Consequence ll Are you Asian? Asian Users Club is for YOU! ll Pinoy ka ba? Pinoy Club ang para sa'yo. ll

BBS Signature

Response to Do Not ... 2010-05-12 09:18:20

At 5/12/10 08:44 AM, Babyblue91 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 72957
I take this as my example. I'm trying to submit something like this. A virtual orchestration + the vocals. Do you think is it okay?

You cannot take vocals from the original song (you'd have to sing them or get someone to sing them), so unless you did that you'll be fine

Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature

Response to Do Not ... 2010-05-12 09:48:04

At 5/12/10 09:18 AM, Darkmaster603 wrote:
At 5/12/10 08:44 AM, Babyblue91 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 72957
A virtual orchestration + the vocals. Do you think is it okay?
You cannot take vocals from the original song

I see. Now that's cleared up. That was really helpful. Thanks!

Latest Music Upload: ll The Face Of Consequence ll Are you Asian? Asian Users Club is for YOU! ll Pinoy ka ba? Pinoy Club ang para sa'yo. ll

BBS Signature

Response to Do Not ... 2010-05-16 03:30:27

Hey, I just got banned, and I read the agreement and everything. I was just wondering, because I just now realized it, and well... I just think that if someone gets banned you would let them know right? Because I didnt know and ive been checking to see if the music was put on. After reading this though i can see that even though i put alot of effort into making the song, because it was based on an original song, for example "Zelda" i get banned. Do you think i can be unbanned, because now i have original music by me, and i cant post it. :(

*Gamekrazzy

Response to Do Not ... 2010-05-16 04:38:59

At 5/16/10 03:30 AM, Gamekrazzy wrote: Hey, I just got banned

Make a new account, there is no such thing as unbanned, like there is no such thing as undied.

Response to Do Not ... 2010-05-16 05:56:28

At 5/16/10 04:38 AM, Calamaistr wrote:
At 5/16/10 03:30 AM, Gamekrazzy wrote: Hey, I just got banned
Make a new account, there is no such thing as unbanned, like there is no such thing as undied.

I didn't want to do that, but if its the only way to show people my stuff, and improve from critics. I guess i dont have much choice. I really wish i could know why my first 2 were not accepted though im pretty sure i was correct on my assumption.

*Gamekrazzy

Response to Do Not ... 2010-12-29 12:21:49

yea quick question
how long does it take for a moderator to look at an audio submission and how long does it take to be posted??

Response to Do Not ... 2010-12-29 12:31:50

At 12/29/10 12:21 PM, Smashed22 wrote: yea quick question
how long does it take for a moderator to look at an audio submission and how long does it take to be posted??

It was literally just a few threads down.....for shame.. lurk more.

BTW as of right now us audio mods are a little busy with the holidays and all. i would say right now its about a week or two in waiting.