00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,618 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-17 13:21:49

At 2/16/13 06:06 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: (though quality wasn't actually lost - at least, not audibly)

If you A/B 16 bit and 32 bit (I think that's FL's internal bitrate?) wavs, you can usually hear a difference. It's subtle, and in the quieter parts, but it's there. And ultimately it leads to a subliminal but noticeably lowered quality.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-17 13:59:19

At 2/17/13 01:21 PM, ATTW7-Envy wrote:
At 2/16/13 06:06 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: (though quality wasn't actually lost - at least, not audibly)
If you A/B 16 bit and 32 bit (I think that's FL's internal bitrate?) wavs, you can usually hear a difference. It's subtle, and in the quieter parts, but it's there. And ultimately it leads to a subliminal but noticeably lowered quality.

Fortunately, it was only done once - and it was mixed in with many other sounds. Put together, there was not an audible difference in quality. If it were done repeatedly, or if all tracks at those points were exported in the way I talked about, then it might have been audible. It certainly was audible in the single bounced track (though only barely) - apologies if I did not express that properly.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-23 16:11:09

Lately it can take FL years to search for samples.

My whole cpu maxes out while it does this,

For example certain times when i click to preview a sample from my sidebar it can take 20-30 seconds, or when i open addictive drums and FL is starting up the samples for that it can take a minute or two.

WHAT IS HAPPENING AHHHHHHHH

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-23 19:07:54

At 2/23/13 04:11 PM, jpbear wrote: WHAT IS HAPPENING AHHHHHHHH

I had a few problems with my CPU maxing out randomly while in FL - this was on a laptop, yes, but the laptop was running in High Performance mode while plugged in and with coolant.

If that's what you're running, try unplugging and plugging it back in. Otherwise...

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-23 19:09:48

At 2/23/13 07:07 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
I had a few problems with my CPU maxing out randomly while in FL - this was on a laptop, yes, but the laptop was running in High Performance mode while plugged in and with coolant.

If that's what you're running, try unplugging and plugging it back in. Otherwise...

its not random, it maxes out only when the cpu is locating/searching for samples

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-23 19:55:21

At 2/23/13 07:09 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 2/23/13 07:07 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:

its not random, it maxes out only when the cpu is locating/searching for samples

I saw that. I said that for me it was randomly. Just gave a possible solution as well.

Do you have the areas you're searching indexed? How many samples is it searching through? What kind of computer are you running?

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-23 20:41:42

At 2/23/13 07:55 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
I saw that. I said that for me it was randomly. Just gave a possible solution as well.

:)

Do you have the areas you're searching indexed? How many samples is it searching through? What kind of computer are you running?

havent indexed anything (except default vista stuff)

I have quite a big library of samples, maybe 2gb worth, but another thing is that length of sample usually makes it worse. (not always)

Running a desktop, gateway dx4200, 6 gb ram, 64 bit

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-23 20:43:25

At 2/23/13 08:41 PM, jpbear wrote:
I have quite a big library of samples, maybe 2gb worth,

brain fart, close to 180 gb

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-23 20:53:46

)

I have quite a big library of samples, maybe 2gb worth, but another thing is that length of sample usually makes it worse. (not always)

If it's the length of the sample that usually makes it worse, it might be an issue with checking the individual files. I've always found FL's search function to be kinda... crappy. I generally try to spend the time organizing everything into more descriptive folders so that I can really quickly-and-easily navigate to them. Might take a bit of time organizing everything, but it makes it a LOT easier in the end and take much less time.

I'm honestly not sure why searching would max out your CPU. I assume you're running nothing in the background. Does it do this on a completely fresh project or on projects where you already have a bunch of synths and crap set up?

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-23 20:56:41

At 2/23/13 08:43 PM, jpbear wrote:
I have quite a big library of samples, maybe 2gb worth,
brain fart, close to 180 gb

...oh. Talk about a brain fart. In that case, maybe it's possible that the search is loading too much of each file into your RAM, causing overload. That seems a bit far-fetched, but maybe. I'm not sure what would cause a larger target file size to max it out more frequently though.

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-24 11:31:35

thanks for the help :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-24 16:34:57

An issue that started occuring around the same time on my pc is that when importing mp3 into audacity it takes yearssss.

like 4 or 5 mins on a 6 minute song

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-24 18:31:33

At 2/24/13 04:34 PM, jpbear wrote: An issue that started occuring around the same time on my pc is that when importing mp3 into audacity it takes yearssss.

like 4 or 5 mins on a 6 minute song

If issues are just randomly starting to crop up for no reason when they haven't before, it could potentially be a hardware problem. Is nothing else showing problems? Like playing back some audio in FL or attempting to load a new instrument/plugin?

Also, are many of your samples mp3s or are they all .wav or .aiff or some other lossless-quality format?

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-24 19:10:22

I've two question:

1. Some tracks (mostly synth) keep getting louder every time they're being played, like it builds up the
volume instead of having a steady sound. how do I fix it?

2. How do I make a full length composition?, all I've been able to do is make some short loops
but how do I put them together?, like making a 3 - 4 minutes composition. (not just 6 seconds loops)

Thank you :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-24 19:13:07

I've two question:

1. Some tracks (mostly synth) keep getting louder every time they're being played, like it builds up the

2. How do I make a full length composition?, all I've been able to do is make some short loops
but how do I put them together?, like making a 3 - 4 minutes composition. (not just 6 seconds loops)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-24 19:45:02

At 2/24/13 07:10 PM, Omerxor wrote: I've two question:

Two questions for two posts, eh?

Well, I'll do my best anyway.

1. Hard to answer without seeing the project, but... did you put any reverb or delays on the instruments? If you have reverbs or delays, they can increase in volume due to getting built up from the previous sounds. Aside from that, I'm not sure what would cause it.

2. Not really a FL-specific question, but... First of all, the way FL works is by using patterns - you can switch between them and put them into the arranger. That could be a problem with how you're composing - however, if you already know how to use multiple patterns, then it's more a matter of experience and listening to other people's music. Try to copy some aspects of what other people do - how do they use melodies? How do they order buildups and breakdowns in their music? Learning music theory is a good idea as well, and eventually compositional theory if you already know the basics of music theory.

Hope this was helpful!

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-24 19:47:23

At 2/24/13 06:31 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: A
If issues are just randomly starting to crop up for no reason when they haven't before, it could potentially be a hardware problem. Is nothing else showing problems? Like playing back some audio in FL or attempting to load a new instrument/plugin?

Yea the weird part is, the only oddities are the specific things ive mentioned. Plugins load fine, all other cpu usage is under control.

My user profile got corrupted about a month ago, the problem vanished after a couple days but i ran all the necessary programs to ensure i had no bad sectors anywhere. I'm thinking somewhere in this process something might have happened.

Also, are many of your samples mp3s or are they all .wav or .aiff or some other lossless-quality format?

95% are lossless

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-24 19:50:06

At 2/24/13 07:47 PM, jpbear wrote: My user profile got corrupted about a month ago, the problem vanished after a couple days but i ran all the necessary programs to ensure i had no bad sectors anywhere. I'm thinking somewhere in this process something might have happened.

It could have been something from that, but I'm not sure what in those "necessary programs" would have caused it (especially without knowing what specific programs) and what exactly was affected in order to cause these problems.

95% are lossless

Okay. 1) That's good. 2) It could be possible (though I don't know about probable) that now your computer is having a larger problem checking/loading mp3s. I kinda doubt it though.

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-24 21:47:34

At 2/24/13 07:10 PM, Omerxor wrote: 1. Some tracks (mostly synth) keep getting louder every time they're being played, like it builds up the

in the channel settings you want to turn off "use loop points" if it's a sample (under the SMP tab)

if it's a synth generator and you're using the step sequencer click the MISC tab and press the "cut itself" button

you might also need to shorten the release time on an envelope (look for "REL" knobs)
or you can lessen the maximum polyphony (i.e. number of notes playable at a time), that's also in the MISC tab under "Polyphony" (it's a digital display lookin thing which is usually "--" by default)

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-25 16:22:12

)

Open the Program File's folder for Imageline and boot it from the "FL (Extended Memory)"
This lets Fruityloops use up to 4gb of ram instead of limited at 2gb.
If it loads fine and dandy or you notice it preforms better, start up fruityloops from this from now on.
>>>Note to 32bit operating system users reading this, there are some complications with 32bit OS you will need to check the help files to see how to set it up!

Other things you can try, some antivirus have file/program interaction type settings.
Be sure that Fruityloops is allowed to interact with other applications and files so it doesn't check it's logs for permission each time it loads it.

Some hard drives have a Cache and data transfer rate.
A high cache takes a load off your hard drive.
If you have USB 3.0 support with your motherboard I highly recommend storing all your samples on an external hard drive that has USB 3.0 support. I highly recommend Western Digital hard drives.
>>>USB 3.0 transfers at a rate of 630 MB per second, they're working on updating/optimizing it to 1255 MB per second.

Student Animator and Sound Designer.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-27 13:23:32

Hey, I was wondering how to record an electric guitar via direct signal in FL Studio 10. My friend has been trying to do this and hasn't figured it out yet. He's plugging his Stagg guitar via line-in and he's using ASIO4ALL as an audio driver. He tried this method without any luck, but recording via Audacity worked just fine.

What is he missing?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-27 15:23:42

At 2/27/13 01:23 PM, Step wrote: Hey, I was wondering how to record an electric guitar via direct signal in FL Studio 10. My friend has been trying to do this and hasn't figured it out yet. He's plugging his Stagg guitar via line-in and he's using ASIO4ALL as an audio driver. He tried this method without any luck, but recording via Audacity worked just fine.

What is he missing?

If he is using ASIO4ALL he just needs to make sure ASIO4ALL is selected as his input/output in the audio setting for flstudio. Then make sure his input device is selected in the ASIO4ALL control panel. I accessed this by the icon in the lower right hand corner by my clock. For lack of a better description I'll upload a picof the control panel I was talking about. Those are the only 2 steps I had to use to get ASIO4ALL to work.

I don't usually use ASIO4ALL, because I use a different driver, but those steps worked for me.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-02-28 10:35:54

At 2/27/13 03:23 PM, SmithBA wrote: If he is using ASIO4ALL he just needs to make sure ASIO4ALL is selected as his input/output in the audio setting for flstudio. Then make sure his input device is selected in the ASIO4ALL control panel.

This worked wonderfully.

Thanks dude.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-09 00:00:45

I'm experiencing an odd issue upon saving projects, lately. The projects sound fine when played in the program, but in the MP3 or WAV version, there's a very noticeable change in pitch after the first few seconds. I can't figure out why it's doing this. Googling doesn't turn up any answers...

Any ideas?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-09 04:19:37

At 3/9/13 12:00 AM, Sinnesraub wrote: I'm experiencing an odd issue upon saving projects, lately. The projects sound fine when played in the program, but in the MP3 or WAV version, there's a very noticeable change in pitch after the first few seconds. I can't figure out why it's doing this. Googling doesn't turn up any answers...

you've probably recorded master pitch automation by accident. it should be easy enough to fix if you did, plus i made pictures! :>

first, right click the master pitch slider at the top left of your FL window and select the "edit events" option. then you should cycle through all of your patterns until stuff shows up in the event edit window and then select all (ctrl + a ) and delete. if you don't find anything in any of your patterns then right click the master pitch slider again and select "link to controller", then press the reset button in the following dialog box.

now, if this still doesn't fix stuff you can PM me the flp file (just the .flp, no samples or anything) and I can have a better look at it and see exactly what's up.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-09 07:40:19

Okay, I just noticed that when play patterns, they won't loop.
They'd only play once, and the song position thingy stays at the end.
Did I accidentally turned something off?

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-09 08:37:49

At 3/9/13 04:19 AM, midimachine wrote: you've probably recorded master pitch automation by accident. it should be easy enough to fix if you did, plus i made pictures! :>

first, right click the master pitch slider at the top left of your FL window and select the "edit events" option. then you should cycle through all of your patterns until stuff shows up in the event edit window and then select all (ctrl + a ) and delete. if you don't find anything in any of your patterns then right click the master pitch slider again and select "link to controller", then press the reset button in the following dialog box.

now, if this still doesn't fix stuff you can PM me the flp file (just the .flp, no samples or anything) and I can have a better look at it and see exactly what's up.

Odd how I followed those steps, and really, nothing changed within the program. But it did somehow fix the pitch problem.

Confused as I am about that, I thank you!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-09 09:51:22

At 3/9/13 07:40 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Okay, I just noticed that when play patterns, they won't loop.
They'd only play once, and the song position thingy stays at the end.
Did I accidentally turned something off?

you might have accidentally made a selection way off to the right in the piano roll
unless this is happening all the time in every project. then i dunno!

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-09 19:40:43

At 3/9/13 09:51 AM, midimachine wrote: you might have accidentally made a selection way off to the right in the piano roll

Turns out it only happened on that one session.
I still don't know what caused it. Still, problem solved!

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-10 08:24:37

At 3/9/13 07:40 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 3/9/13 09:51 AM, midimachine wrote: you might have accidentally made a selection way off to the right in the piano roll
Turns out it only happened on that one session.
I still don't know what caused it. Still, problem solved!

piano roll selections get reset when you reload a project, so that would make sense :P

p.s. i am gay