00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,496 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-14 13:12:58

good day guys ,

I am having a problem while using fl 9
i have receently installed latigo plugin .
When i put a pattern from lattigo in the play list it keeps playing all the song time . i need to stop it in order to play in only some parts.
Any one can help please

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-16 07:05:41

alright i've got a problem that's pissing me off right now
after I open up FL and do stuff for a while, it would freeze and crash.
I literally do not know what the hell caused it because it seems to happen after a certain period of time, regardless of what I did (putting down notes in the piano roll, playing back the project)

halp

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-16 08:41:11

At 3/16/13 07:05 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: halp

are you running a laptop?
and have you installed anything recently?

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-16 08:48:18

At 3/16/13 08:41 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 3/16/13 07:05 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: halp
are you running a laptop?
and have you installed anything recently?

Yep, it's a laptop.
As for recent installs, a pretty stupid instrument VST (MeowSynth).

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-16 09:35:46

At 3/16/13 08:48 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Yep, it's a laptop.

if your laptop has power settings try changing them to "performance" or "entertainment" settings, or whatever the complete opposite of the maximum battery life option is. if i have my laptop on power saving mode i get the same kind of freezing and crashing in FL

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-16 09:39:35

At 3/16/13 09:35 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 3/16/13 08:48 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Yep, it's a laptop.
if your laptop has power settings try changing them to "performance" or "entertainment" settings, or whatever the complete opposite of the maximum battery life option is. if i have my laptop on power saving mode i get the same kind of freezing and crashing in FL

I went ahead and changed that and also fixed the problem.
Apparently running 5 different instances of unknown 64 CM isn't very efficient.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-20 11:25:25

Hey I have a question about rendering,

Why does turning the interpolation and sample rate in the input/output to 192000 and 512-point sync make everything sound infinitely better, and change specific sounds completely, even after rendering?

And why would I ever want to use anything lower? Does it just take too much memory for a huge project?

Also, would dragging samples into the file have any reaction to the sample rate? What about recordings?

Do underruns effect the rendering process of sounds?

Does any other property in the audio settings effect the overall rendering of sounds?(polling, hardware buffer, multigenerator\mixer processing, tick lengths, things meant to increase performance of CPU) or do they just effect real-time playback?

what's the difference between driver, hybrid, mixer playback? Does it effect rendering?

Can I render FL-Chan?

Please respond.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-20 19:09:53

At 3/20/13 11:25 AM, DustRoutine wrote: Hey I have a question about rendering,

lol gud 1 m8

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-21 15:58:37

At 3/20/13 11:25 AM, DustRoutine wrote: Please respond.

This is how I responded.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-21 16:10:01

At 3/21/13 03:58 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
This is how I responded.

I rendered FL-Chan once...

never again

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-21 16:11:41

At 3/21/13 04:10 PM, Envy wrote:
At 3/21/13 03:58 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
This is how I responded.
I rendered FL-Chan once...

never again

What happens when you do it? Does it sync your track to an mp4 of hot FL-Chan hentai?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-21 19:43:35

At 3/21/13 04:11 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 3/21/13 04:10 PM, Envy wrote: I rendered FL-Chan once...

never again
What happens when you do it? Does it sync your track to an mp4 of hot FL-Chan hentai?

Maybe

I haven't tried it, so I wouldn't know

or would I?

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-28 20:28:20

How would you generate a rain stick sound/effect?
Similar to this sound except smoother:

http://freesound.org/people/sandyrb/sounds/86354/

I'm a noob.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-28 20:55:42

At 3/28/13 08:28 PM, CzeryWassierSwizier wrote: How would you generate a rain stick sound/effect?
Similar to this sound except smoother:

http://freesound.org/people/sandyrb/sounds/86354/

Not a white noise sweep, I'd assume...

From what little I know of synthesis, it seems like you could potentially make a decent similar sound effect using white noise and granular synthesis.

You could also do some editing of a real rain stick sound - reverb is super-helpful in smoothing things out, as is a quiet delay.

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-29 15:04:24

Thanks!
This was very helpful.

I'm a noob.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-03-31 23:27:17

When I finish the beat it, it ends at the 91 mark but when I export it, the song switches to almost 5 minutes, what's happening? I'm using FL 10

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-04-01 00:54:44

At 3/31/13 11:27 PM, Keaux wrote: When I finish the beat it, it ends at the 91 mark but when I export it, the song switches to almost 5 minutes, what's happening? I'm using FL 10

91 bars of 4/4 at 75BPM is about 5 minutes. maybe the song is just longer than you thought it was?

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-04-01 11:27:47

At 4/1/13 12:54 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 3/31/13 11:27 PM, Keaux wrote: When I finish the beat it, it ends at the 91 mark but when I export it, the song switches to almost 5 minutes, what's happening? I'm using FL 10
91 bars of 4/4 at 75BPM is about 5 minutes. maybe the song is just longer than you thought it was?

That's probably it lol. I was just making sure, thanks so much.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-04-04 12:13:01

At 4/4/13 10:07 AM, Corbetto wrote: I have 2 songs that i am very close to finishing and while i was making slight changes to one of them i decided to play it from the start and i noticed how crackly/crunchy/distorted/low quality the whole song sounded. It just happened out of nowhere, it makes no sense to me as to how my song can sound fine one minute and then just sound like it's sound quality drastically has been lowered the next.

i soon noticed that all my flps sounded very distorted when multiple sounds came together and the the overall sound quality of the tracks sounded worse.

I use a very crappy computer at the moment to make music which regularly laggs videos and audio if that info helps.

I've spent a lot of time on these 2 songs and to have fl studio or my computer (I really don't know what caused the problem) to mess up and destroy the sound quality when i'm so close to finishing it is very annoying and i would greatly appreciate someone helping to solve this problem.

From what you've said, it seems very likely that your problems are being caused simply by a lack of RAM or processing power. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot you can do about this other than keeping your computer plugged in whenever you open FL, setting it to the highest performance possible, and making sure nothing else is open while using FL.

Don't worry though, the sound quality won't be destroyed while you export it.

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-04-04 13:42:55

At 4/4/13 10:07 AM, Corbetto wrote: I've spent a lot of time on these 2 songs and to have fl studio or my computer (I really don't know what caused the problem) to mess up and destroy the sound quality when i'm so close to finishing it is very annoying and i would greatly appreciate someone helping to solve this problem.

As SkyeWintrest said, the clicking and crackling will not affect your exported product.
Have you tried increasing your buffer size in the Audio Settings? This will reduce the crackling a lot. However if your buffer gets really big FL Studio might starting lagging.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-04-04 16:48:41

At 4/4/13 10:07 AM, Corbetto wrote: I have 2 songs that i am very close to finishing and while i was making slight changes to one of them i decided to play it from the start and i noticed how crackly/crunchy/distorted/low quality the whole song sounded. It just happened out of nowhere, it makes no sense to me as to how my song can sound fine one minute and then just sound like it's sound quality drastically has been lowered the next.

i soon noticed that all my flps sounded very distorted when multiple sounds came together and the the overall sound quality of the tracks sounded worse.

I use a very crappy computer at the moment to make music which regularly laggs videos and audio if that info helps.

I've spent a lot of time on these 2 songs and to have fl studio or my computer (I really don't know what caused the problem) to mess up and destroy the sound quality when i'm so close to finishing it is very annoying and i would greatly appreciate someone helping to solve this problem.

A possible solution is going into "Options" in the top left corner of the screen, then "Audio settings". You should see a bar that is titled "Buffer length". Move this bar to the right until the crackling disappears.

Hope this helps.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-04-04 16:50:53

I guess I didn't scroll down far enough :(. Pretty much what LiquidOoze said.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-04-04 18:43:28

At 4/4/13 06:25 PM, Omegeist wrote: who actually uses the fruity vibrator?

My girlfriend :/

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-04-04 19:18:34

At 4/4/13 07:16 PM, Corbetto wrote: The problem is more of the case of the flps sounding like their sound quality has been lowered, rather then crackling from the buffer settings. Thanks for helping though.

Do you have a limiter on your master channel? I can imagine the compression of the mix could cause something like this.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-04-04 19:30:09

At 4/4/13 07:24 PM, Corbetto wrote: You're probably right there, my computer is really old so i wouldn't be surprised if it was losing it's processing power.
An annoying thing about my problem that i forgot to add is that the sound quality IS destroyed when i export it D: which is probably the worst part of the problem. When i play the song in fl studio it sounds distorted/crunchy and when i play it in wav form outside of fl it still sounds distorted/crunchy. when i play any other song whether it be on my computer or on the internet, the song's sound quality sounds clean and good, despite the song inevitably lagging but that's just because my computer is terrible at the moment.

That sound either like what I said earlier (the mix is getting too compressed) or there is a problem with your sound driver (which I doubt because other songs sound fine).

Check your master channel for a limiter of some sort and disable it. You might find that your track is clipping.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-04-04 21:06:19

Ok, I am usually pretty knowledgeable when it comes to music production, but there is one thing that I can't seem to figure out: Ducking. I want to do the whole electro thing, making the synths duck under the kick, which seems like basic operation, but I looked online and everything about it was extremely over complicated, and it lost me. Is FL-Studio just really overcomplicated when it comes to ducking or have I just found some bad tutorials? Either way, can someone tell me how the whole thing works, because I'm lost. Thanks!

Reality is a sandwich I did not order.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-04-04 21:44:57

At 4/4/13 09:06 PM, TheyCallMeCaudex wrote: Ok, I am usually pretty knowledgeable when it comes to music production, but there is one thing that I can't seem to figure out: Ducking. I want to do the whole electro thing, making the synths duck under the kick, which seems like basic operation, but I looked online and everything about it was extremely over complicated, and it lost me. Is FL-Studio just really overcomplicated when it comes to ducking or have I just found some bad tutorials? Either way, can someone tell me how the whole thing works, because I'm lost. Thanks!

Basically what you want to do is called sidechaining. There are many tutorials on youtube about how to accomplish this and would probably be more helpful than text, but I'll explain it anyway.

1. Get a kick and a synth
2. Duplicate the kick (explanation later)
3. Assign mixer tracks for each kick and the synth (mixer track #1, kick 1, mixer track #2, kick 2 etc)
4. Add a "Fruity Peak Controller" on one of the kick mixer channels (doesn't matter which one). This will mute the kick which is why you have 2 of them.
5. Now go to the synth mixer channel. There is a volume bar right under every mixer track, so right-click the volume bar of the synth. Select "Link to controller"
6. There should be a drop down list in one of the sections saying "None". Click on that and select "Peak".
7. Just below there there is a text box which says "Input". Change that to "Input-1" or select "Invert" from the drop down list.
8. Hit accept.

Your synth should now be sidechained to the silent kick. This way your synth can be sidechained even when the non-silent kick is not playing.

Or you could look up a video on youtube, it will show visually what I just explained. Hopefully I made sense :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-04-04 21:54:10

At 4/4/13 09:06 PM, TheyCallMeCaudex wrote: Is FL-Studio just really overcomplicated when it comes to ducking

maybe a little bit.

i still use the peak controller method for ducking, which isn't exactly straightforward at first but the advantage is that you can "duck" just about any parameter with it (not just volume).

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-04-05 09:07:50

At 4/4/13 08:36 PM, Corbetto wrote:
At 4/4/13 07:30 PM, DjAbbic wrote:
Check your master channel for a limiter of some sort and disable it. You might find that your track is clipping.
How about that, there was a limiter on the master channel that was messing up both my songs. I don't remember putting it there but meh, my song sounds good again :D

Big thanks to everyone who helped solve the problem.

Fl Studio puts a Fruity Limiter on the master by default. The first thing you should do when starting a new project is removing it. ;)

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-04-05 09:30:05

At 4/5/13 09:07 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Fl Studio puts a Fruity Limiter on the master by default. The first thing you should do when starting a new project is removing it. ;)

Or go to File > New from template > Minimal > Empty. That way, your current project and any future projects will by default start as a blank slate with no limiters or crappy drum samples lying around.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature